As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC] Exalted: Silver Seas. We're recruiting!

15678911»

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Apparently the IC thread got lost because I was too lazy to post logs. Hmm. This is a not-good situation. Perhaps I should host the logs on a different place?

Rainfall on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I just bumped it.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yay!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Game will be delayed tonight, since I've got a bunch of cool people coming over for dinner-ish periods. Game will be on tomorrow, regardless of other-peopleness.

I'm pumped about the upcoming stuff, and the main plot is going to rear it's ugly head shortly.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    PowerslavePowerslave Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Okay then.

With our characters now free of obvious, immediate threats to Wavecrest and their safety, they can finally begin working towards their goals and spend some downtime to build up their skills and spend the (in my case) massive experience totals they've accumulated.

Given how out-of-date our introductory pages are, how this is almost something of the REAL beginning, and that by now we've all probably gotten relatively comfortable with our characters, now would be an excellent time to update the first pages. Since I'm a little bitch with nothing better to do, I'm going to be putting it together.

I only need one (maybe two) things from all of you. This would be a short 1 to 2 paragraph description of your character. I'll follow up later with my own to give you guys an idea of what I'm hoping for. I might also need a copy of your updated character sheets, depending on whether or not Rainfall PMs me them after you've sent them to her.

Edit: Oh, and make absolutely certain to include your total experience and spent experience on those sheets. We're going to be keeping a running tally after each session in order to prevent more instances of "I don't know what I have".

Edit 2: Anyone interested in this game, please speak up. We could use players and things are going pretty darn neat so far. What's even more worth noting is that this game is the longest-running White Wolf IRC game ODaM has ever witnessed, and possibly the longest-running IRC game period, and we're not showing any sign of stopping.

Powerslave on
    "Never trust anyone who spells 'magic' with a K."
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I somehow found the time to come up with that example I promised earlier. There's no style to conform to, but I can't stress enough to not downplay a character's importance or abilities: Dezrik has certainly saved the Circle from death several times, and without him the others would be easily outclassed by most things; Gemini wields magic that can and has shattered entire islands, and possesses in him the spark to conquer, direct, and protect the West.

Smilie AKA Grins 'n Giggles, the Priest, and Harold
    Always smiling, ever-effervescent, and seemingly absent of any personal goals of his own, the priest nicknamed Smilie has rapidly assumed the role of guide to the other members of his Circle. A plotter and planner thinking well ahead, his expectations for the future have largely been nebulous, owing to his own uncertainty about just what his companions are willing to do and his own lack of personal conviction. He seems to be utterly dedicated to the advancement and recognition of his peers, caring little for himself in the process. Despite this, his secretive nature and origins lay the possibility for doubt: could he really be this altruistic, or does he have a hidden motive?

The Priest hails from Skullstone, where he enjoyed a position of religious importance. Despite being one of the Chosen of the Sun, this past affiliation has left him with an affinity and fixation on the dead and the Underworld which occasionally crosses over into unsettling. His incessantly cheery mannerisms frequently switch between oblivious and eerie depending on the situation, and often cause people to (mistakenly) assume him a fool or a madman. A Necromancer and a spiritual leader, his very philosophy is a possible danger to both the status quo and the lives of those who hear it. Still, in the aftermath of the Abalone Disaster, what else can be done to help people cope?

"Truthfully, by my plots and plans I only dream of one thing: long-awaited absolution. That will be my gift to Creation."

edit: These will be used on the first page, underneath (or just above, I haven't decided yet) a plot summary of events up until now in the plot.

Powerslave on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Just a heads-up, since I'm getting dragged out to a movie tonight(Iron Man, finally) and then going to see Nightwish live tomorrow, we're not going to have games unless you guys can do Saturday.

Can you?

Rainfall on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Saturday is a no go for me.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I think this is the first week we haven't had a game since this whole thing started. About four months. That's a pretty good record.

Powerslave on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    You're forgetting the week I was out due to hospitalization, man. But yeah, that's why I try to schedule for two days per week, so that we can normally get at least one in.

Anyway, just for the record, Iron Man is good movie.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Gemini aka Sorcerer, Captain, Kumar(not really)

Generally congenial, Gemini is prone to misunderstandings and committing social faux pas, being new to the west and unfamiliar with its customs. However, what he lacks in social grace he makes up with a strong moral compass, and is quick to jump into actions to correct any wrongs. Although the owner of his own ship, sailing is not something he was born into, and he prefers to leave the technical details of keeping the boat afloat and pointed in the right direction to the experienced crew - all too happy to oblige, because not only does it seem like the wind's always in their favor, but their cargo's exactly what's in high demand at their destination. Of course, will the recent deaths among a few of the crew change their minds, or will the quest for greater profit retain their loyalty?

Born in the realm, he grew up a boarding student at an astrological institute, paid for by a combination of favors and a modest inheritance left in the school's stead, before being drafted into the army. Of course, it had seemed like strange forces have had been keeping an eye on him, even in the years before the Unconquered Sun's gaze fell upon him as well. For what reason, Gemini cannot know, but they even seem to track him down across both an ocean and the illusion of death - He had assumed the realm thought him vanished with the rest of his unit in the frigid north, torn apart by the destructive wrath of the opposed lunar and solar gods. Despite his stoic face, he is burdened by the thought of the destruction that has occurred in his past and at his hands, and has focused his efforts on eliminating the corruption and willful disregard for life that now plagues creation - and perhaps some other, less pure motives may drive him.

"The blessing of the Unconquered Sun is a powerful tool, and just like any sort of power, using it to fight for righteous causes too often causes unintended suffering."

"But that doesn't mean we can stop fighting."

Plutonium on
  • Options
    XzeanXzean Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, uh, i'd be sort of interested in joining this. Maybe I could get the GM to AIM me so I could talk with him? That would be groovy.

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Sounds like a plan, Xzean.

I'm out for the night but I'll be on all weekend if you want to throw me a line via AIM, username is Raing3l

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I managed to get my mitts on Dreams of the First Age today. The thing may as well be bleeding pure awesome.

Powerslave on
  • Options
    foofoofoofoo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    OK so Powerslave has been bugging the hell out of me to post in this thread so I am. I'm interested in playing too. I'm the one that talked to Rainfall on aim about the Eclipse "strongarm diplomacy" concept. Motivation's still coming along. Stuff.

foofoo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Just an update, there is a very slight chance that I may miss a session this week, though the situation's still fuzzy and I have no idea what it entails.

Basically I got an email from a professor who needs my help on something "urgently," and I can't do anything for him until either Tuesday night at the extreme earliest, or I may have to bug out on either Thursday or Friday to drive up to his offices if he needs me for the weekend.

However, I don't know what's going on, so just letting you guys know. I should be on IRC at 5 sharp.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    So the new intro page is almost done. If you haven't already, finish up and submit your updated sheets to Rainfall.

And don't forget to label your Total AND Banked exp.

Powerslave on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Plutonium wrote: »
    torn apart by the destructive wrath of the opposed lunar and solar gods.

Alright...what the heck does that even mean? Opposed Lunar and Solar Gods? Destructive wrath? I wasn't aware they blew up things at random in the North, much less opposed each other. o_O

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Things got blown up. There was a Lunar involved. Pluto's a Solar.

Do the math!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Things got blown up. There was a Lunar involved. Pluto's a Solar.

Do the math!

I wish that sentence made that much sense. :P

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, that's right Snakey McMoonboots, I fucked up a Lunar!
    Actually, I didn't really do anything, the Unconquered Sun did it, and probably through some sort of agenda that most likely will be revealed later on.

Meaning I don't know why it happened, but I'm sure Rainy does.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    This is going to sound real silly, but, uh, I was updating my sheet and foofoo pointed out that I'd built my Solar using 25 ability dots instead of 28.

Whoops.

I'll be correcting that when I update. I also cannot believe it took me nearly four months to realize this.

Powerslave on
  • Options
    XzeanXzean Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Welp, guess I won't be playing with you guys after all. Have fun!

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I might be about 20 minutes late tonight.

Plutonium on
This discussion has been closed.