As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stuck on a late game boss (tiny spoiler)

Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Penny Arcade Games
I cannot beat the Mime Pope. He immediately debuffs our attacks to the point where they do nothing. If I use the strength elixir to restore our attack ratings he immediately debuffs us again. He has 2000hp, and we're only able to hit him for 1 or 2 damage per turn. If I call in Fuschia she can do a fair amount of damage, but the Pope just life drains us to restore his own health. He is immune to invisible boxes, too. What is the "secret" to beating him?

Fatty McBeardo on

• Options
    Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    You have to block his attack debuffing move (it can be tricky.) Focus on keeping Gabe clean, since the mime is weak against punches.

If you're having trouble with the blocking, wait until Gabe's special is charged and then queue up several items quickly so he has no time to remove your buffs. Use an Attack Up on Gabe and a Defense Down on the pope, then use Flurry to take down a huge amount of his health. Repeat as necessary and he should go down.

Squidget0 on
  • Options
    Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That's pretty much it, yeah. Wait for Gabe's special and use an attack-up on him, and a defense-down on the boss if it's not on him already. His attack-down move is really fast and was hard as hell to block for me, but if you do block it the debuff doesn't happen.

Walrus Pete on
  • Options
    CymricCymric Registered User new member
    edited May 2008
    Use explosive items they will make quick work of him coupled with the suggestion in the post above.

Cymric on