As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The X-Files: I Want to Believe

HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
edited May 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
Poster
xfiles2movieposterkv8.jpg

Release Date
1 August 2008 (UK) 25 July 2008 (US)

Plot (Stolen from wiki)

Due to the highly secretive nature of the project, the studio has released very little information about the film's plot. The producers have only revealed that it will take place six years after the events of the series. It is also known that, unlike the first film, the plot will not focus on the series' ongoing "mythology" and will instead be a standalone thriller/horror story, similar to many of the "monster-of-the-week" episodes that were frequently seen in the TV series.

Links
http://www.xfiles.com/ (Newest Trailer)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443701/

steam_sig.png
PSN:Hakira__
Haikira on

• VeegeezeeVeegeezee Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man what is the deal with those light sources, somebody needs art lessons

naw, I kid. This looks pretty exciting actually. :P

Veegeezee on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh god I hope the magic hasn't died.

desperaterobots on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm pretty sure I some some leaked pictures with a werewolf lookin dude.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So apparently it has nothing to do with any of the plots of the series? I'm fine with that; I can hardly remember anything that happened, it's been so long.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    weren't they on the run at the end of the show?

How the hell are they FBI again?

also; would still do mulder and skully.

Bloods End on
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I guess I'm looking forward to this.

Just remembering the last few seasons of X-files makes me shudder.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The lack of advertising for this worries me.

Shouldn't they be promoting the hell out of it already? There hasn't even been a teaser trailer in theaters.

DarkPrimus on
    edited May 2008
    I didn't even know this had a release date until now.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bloods End wrote: »
    weren't they on the run at the end of the show?

How the hell are they FBI again?

also; would still do mulder and skully.

That's the question bothering me right now. There had better be a good explanation to this.

Henroid on
    edited May 2008
    On June 13th the official debut of the trailer in cinemas will be released with the film The Happening (2008 film). This trailer is said to be different to the one released online

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I am predicting a shitty box office even if Scully and Mulder have actual totally naked uncensored full penetration sex.

It's just been too long, god I barely remember anything about the story except the guy who smoked cigarettes all the time dying.

Oh yeah and the T-1000 being sent back in time disguised as an FBI agent looking for John Connor.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    edited May 2008
    Kagera wrote: »
    I am predicting a shitty box office even if Scully and Mulder have actual totally naked uncensored full penetration sex.

It's just been too long, god I barely remember anything about the story except the guy who smoked cigarettes all the time dying.

Oh yeah and the T-1000 being sent back in time disguised as an FBI agent looking for John Connor.
    Due to the highly secretive nature of the project, the studio has released very little information about the film's plot. The producers have only revealed that it will take place six years after the events of the series.[3] It is also known that, unlike the first film, the plot will not focus on the series' ongoing "mythology" and will instead be a standalone thriller/horror story, similar to many of the "monster-of-the-week" episodes that were frequently seen in the TV series.
    You're in luck, Kagera.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited May 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Due to the highly secretive nature of the project, the studio has released very little information about the film's plot. The producers have only revealed that it will take place six years after the events of the series.[3] It is also known that, unlike the first film, the plot will not focus on the series' ongoing "mythology" and will instead be a standalone thriller/horror story, similar to many of the "monster-of-the-week" episodes that were frequently seen in the TV series.
    You're in luck, Kagera.

Yeah I read that part, but you can't just ignore the whole past especially when you're talking about an alien species trying to take over the world. And something with bees.

And there isn't even the comedic trio of the Lone Rangers, they're dead.

Kagera on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If it pulls off the awesome that almost every episode had up until roughly season 4, I predict success. I re-watched a whole bunch of X-Files a little while back and I'd forgotten how awesome they were. And they still mostly hold up 10+ years later.

desperaterobots on
    edited May 2008
    I think the episode I remember most fondly was the one where they go check out a haunted house on Christmas and end up shooting each other. That was fun.

Kagera on
    edited May 2008
    If it pulls off the awesome that almost every episode had up until roughly season 4, I predict success. I re-watched a whole bunch of X-Files a little while back and I'd forgotten how awesome they were. And they still mostly hold up 10+ years later.

Flukeman.jpg

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited May 2008
    Trying to eat here.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2008
    My main question is why the hell is this being released a week after Dark Knight?

Why not in June where it seems nothing else is coming out?

WHY MUST THEY MAKE ME WAIT FOR THINGS THAT I DESIRE?

Bloods End on
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

You're in luck, Kagera.

Yeah I read that part, but you can't just ignore the whole past especially when you're talking about an alien species trying to take over the world. And something with bees.

And there isn't even the comedic trio of the Lone Rangers, they're dead.

They did that all the time in the series. One week it was "OMFG CONSPIRACY!!" and the next it was "Let's go to this town and pretend we're married".

Doing a monster-of-the-week style with the movie is probably the best chance they have at success since it's been so long since the end of the series. I read a couple of interviews a few weeks ago and it seems like everyone is involved is hopeful of doing more movies and I'm sure those would delve into the mythology again if they did.

That, however, probably hinges on the success of this one.

I've been buying the DVDs so I could watch the series since they are crazy cheap on Amazon sometimes (I bought the last two seasons for $25 a piece although the price seems to back up again). I'm partway through season 6.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If it pulls off the awesome that almost every episode had up until roughly season 4, I predict success.
    I don't know, I think the 6th season had some of my favorite episodes - the one on the Queen Mary, the Christmas episode, Arcadia, the black baseball player who was an alien, etc.

Monster-of-the-Week were always my favorite episodes - never had much interest in the "mythology".

Andrew_Jay on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I enjoyed the mythology until it became too convoluted. Monster of the week episodes were always the best though. My favorite was the arctic death fungus, because that shit is so close to actually being real. Seriously, do a little searching on youtube for evil fungus shit and you'll find some nightmares, I'm talking deadly mind-control fungus and the like.

Regina Fong on
  • AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Ghost_in_the_Machine_1x06.jpg

"File deleted."

Azio on
  • DozingDragonDozingDragon Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well, I remember reading this plot synopsis for the plot a while back for the novelization. Nothing really serious in it, but I'll spoiler it just in case.

"Mulder and Scully are back in the thrilling novelization of the summer 2008 blockbuster movie based on the classic X-Files TV show! When a group of women are abducted in the wintry hills of rural Virginia, the only clues to their disappearance are the grotesque human remains that begin to turn up in snow banks along the highway. With officials desperate for any lead, a disgraced priest’s questionable “visions” send local police on a wild goose chase and straight to a bizarre secret medical experiment that may or may not be connected to the women’s disappearance. It’s a case right out of The X-Files. But the FBI closed down its investigations into the paranormal years ago. And the best team for the job is ex-agents Fox Mulder and Dr. Dana Scully, who have no desire to revisit their dark past. Still, the truth of these horrific crimes is out there somewhere...and it will take Mulder and Scully to find it!"

Also, it has Xizibit as a FBI agent in it, take that as you will.

DozingDragon on
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Wow, that doesn't* sound abysally retarded at all

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I just bought this on DVD, seasons 1 and 2. Been enjoying it a lot apart from some absolute stinkers. Computer episode and Space Ghost Coast to Coast or whatever the fuck that was were both hilariously bad. A couple others weren't so impressive either, but largely it's kicking ass.

Alien story thing episodes are kick ass so far. Glad there's only a few of them, keeps it fresh.

Duki on
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Duki wrote: »
    I just bought this on DVD, seasons 1 and 2. Been enjoying it a lot apart from some absolute stinkers. Computer episode and Space Ghost Coast to Coast or whatever the fuck that was were both hilariously bad. A couple others weren't so impressive either, but largely it's kicking ass.

Alien story thing episodes are kick ass so far. Glad there's only a few of them, keeps it fresh.
    It gets better. Seasons 4-6 are fantastic.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The show really started to go downhill when they moved it from Vancouver to LA. The fact that it was sunny all the time and not raining really killed the atmosphere.

Azio on
    edited May 2008
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    Wow, that doesn't* sound abysally retarded at all

To be fair, what episode doesn't sound retarded when you break it down in a fashion that keeps all the details hidden?

Bloods End on
  • KonovaKonova Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Flukeman.jpg

Goatse in reverse?

Konova on
    "It's not murder, it's surprise death!"
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I want to believe it isn't going to suck.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    edited May 2008

You want hilariously bad, wait for the episode "First Person Shooter".

Kagera on
  • DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

...That isn't going to be about what it sounds like it's going to be, is it?

Duki on
    edited May 2008

...That isn't going to be about what it sounds like it's going to be, is it?

It is about a virtual reality FPS but no you don't see any FPS views.

Well no that's a lie I think they have cameras in their helmets that you see through.

But anyway, it's pretty bad yes.

Kagera on
  • HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Does anybody remember the episode when, Mulder and Scully go undercover in a gated community. And if so, what season was that? I just purchased season 1&2, but I'm willing to skip a few box sets to see this episode again.

Man i used to fucking love this show, i even remember when i was kid, rushing home to watch episodes taped the night before. I never actually made it to the Doggett episodes, but i hear thats for the best.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2008
    Haikira wrote: »
    Does anybody remember the episode when, Mulder and Scully go undercover in a gated community. And if so, what season was that? I just purchased season 1&2, but I'm willing to skip a few box sets to see this episode again.

Man i used to fucking love this show, i even remember when i was kid, rushing home to watch episodes taped the night before. I never actually made it to the Doggett episodes, but i hear thats for the best.
    Arcadia.

Season Six.

Kagera on
  • HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

Arcadia.

Season Six.

Thanks very much. :D

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
  • taco144taco144 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Arcadia.

Season Six.

Thanks very much. :D

Is that the episode with

Episode spoiler :
    The trash monster

taco144 on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I want to believe that the movie is going to be like these episodes:

1x21avk0.jpg

Those and Duane Barry remain my all time favorites.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited May 2008
    Hey, it's Percy.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Holy shit a new X-files movie. How had I not heard of this. Better speed up my watching of the X-files episodes, god bless netflix.

Arrath on