As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Durrrrrrrrr [chat]

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Pimp

nba_g_belichick2_sw_268.jpg

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Actually, which is easier? College math or college algebra?

Quid on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    Actually, which is easier? College math or college algebra?

I didn't know algebra wasn't math.

ViolentChemistry on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Podly wrote: »
    Pimp

nba_g_belichick2_sw_268.jpg

Cheater

Dynagrip on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2008
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Hey, Echo, I've seen that comic where you picked up the avatar of the Asari chick, but I can't remember what it is - can you remind me?

Three Panel Soul.

Echo on
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    That Ika i Rutan lady is so disturbing for an American viewer.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Durrrrr!

Haphazard on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I fucking hate Bellicheck.

MikeMan on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, no shit. I didn't have a problem with him until his hubris became palpable.

Dynagrip on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I had this weird conversation the other day about a bizzaro world where Khoo found Kurtz before Gabe and Tycho and PvP was the biggest webcomic in the world.

cause let's face it. Khoo is the sole reason for the Penny-Arcade brand.

That guy needs to open his own business school

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
    edited May 2008
    I've come to a conclusion: I still hate math and it still sucks.

Quid on
    edited May 2008
    Man, it still hurts my head remembering that that dude thinks atheism is a rule-set.

ViolentChemistry on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »

South Park ripping on him was my favorite part of the last season.

And Eli & co have earned the right to never be mocked by me ever again for that win of theirs.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited May 2008

I'm not going to face that. PvP is terrible.

edit: I mean, I'm sure PA wouldn't be the world-spanning global oligarchy it is today without him, but it's not exactly the same as turning lead into gold

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, it still hurts my head remembering that that dude thinks atheism is a rule-set.

Well duh. It's pretty loose on the setting, though, so you can use it in place of plenty of other RPGs.

yalborap on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    jacobkosh wrote: »

I'm not going to face that. PvP is terrible.

edit: I mean, I'm sure PA wouldn't be the world-spanning global oligarchy it is today without him, but it's not exactly the same as turning lead into gold

Oh yeah, I mean they stand for something, and have a great comic, and would have one regardless, but they're not exactly shrewd businessmen.

If it wasn't for Khoo we would be reading Penny Arcade "brought to you by 1up.com" !!!

amateurhour on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Talking about "Durrrrrrr":
    i type funny because of my speachimpedment it makes me feel more like me when it talk to ppl

Aldo on
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/20278737/jesus_made_me_puke/print
    [SIZE=+1]H[/SIZE]ere I have a confession to make. It's not something that's easy to explain, but here goes. After two days of nearly constant religious instruction, songs, worship and praise — two days that for me meant an unending regimen of forced and fake responses — a funny thing started to happen to my head. There is a transformational quality in these external demonstrations of faith and belief. The more you shout out praising the Lord, singing along to those awful acoustic tunes, telling people how blessed you feel and so on, the more a sort of mechanical Christian skin starts to grow all over your real self. Even if you're a degenerate Rolling Stone reporter inwardly chuckling and busting on the whole scene — even if you're intellectually enraged by the ignorance and arrogant prejudice flowing from the mouth of a terminal-ambition case like Phil Fortenberry — outwardly you're swaying to the gospel and singing and praising and acting the part, and those outward ministrations assume a kind of sincerity in themselves. And at the same time, that "inner you" begins to get tired of the whole spectacle and sometimes forgets to protest — in my case checking out into baseball reveries and other daydreams while the outer me did the "work" of singing and praising. At any given moment, which one is the real you?

You may think you know the answer, but by my third day I began to notice how effortlessly my soft-spoken Matt-mannequin was going through his robotic motions of praise, and I was shocked. For a brief, fleeting moment I could see how under different circumstances it would be easy enough to bury your "sinful" self far under the skin of your outer Christian and to just travel through life this way. So long as you go through all the motions, no one will care who you really are underneath. And besides, so long as you are going through all the motions, never breaking the facade, who are you really? It was an incomplete thought, but it was a scary one; it was the very first time I worried that the experience of entering this world might prove to be anything more than an unusually tiring assignment. I feared for my normal.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    edited May 2008
    Oh shit I got one right.

HEY GUYS I GOT ONE RIGHT.

Now if only one in eight correct got you a passing grade.

Quid on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Elki wrote: »

And Eli & co have earned the right to never be mocked by me ever again for that win of theirs.

then theres the Jets......

nexuscrawler on
    edited May 2008
    I should go pick up a copy of The Great Derangement. Thanks for reminding me, Loren.

His spot on NPR was hilarious, as expected.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I actually had my first kiss to this random girl at a freshman year dance. I was like...14.... and like "omg she has such big tits!"

I don't even think I got her name :P

I had my first sexual experience involving another person at a Unitarian youth group outing.

Buncha goddamn hippies.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    edited May 2008
    I actually had my first kiss to this random girl at a freshman year dance. I was like...14.... and like "omg she has such big tits!"

I don't even think I got her name :P

I had my first sexual experience involving another person at a Unitarian youth group outing.

Buncha goddamn hippies.

Man, I got screwed on my first experience, literally. I went from never having so much as really even kissed a girl to sex.

Talk about an awkward, embarrasing, and really, really awesome
    45 seconds

amateurhour on
    edited May 2008
    There it is. I see it. I see what Track Nine's doing.

Fucker's a foaming-at-the-mouth libertarian. I didn't even know they had those in England.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    Oh shit I got one right.

HEY GUYS I GOT ONE RIGHT.

Now if only one in eight correct got you a passing grade.

What maths are you doing? I love when I can actually do maths that other people find difficult.

Tav on
    edited May 2008
    I'm still trying to figure out how they managed to get around the whole "except you can opt not to donate your organs" counter-argument so as to keep flinging the whole "shitting on people's beliefs" nonsense around.

ViolentChemistry on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I have to drive back to Phoenix this weekend because they are fumigating our apartment. Boo 5 hour drive.

Good morning, le chat.

skippydumptruck on
    edited May 2008
    Elki wrote: »

Man I'm a Jets fan and I was dancing in the streets at that win.

Everybody was a Giants fan around here that day, I'll tell you that.

It was such an awesome week. Hi 5's from random strangers, shouts in public.

Awesome.

MikeMan on
  • JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Aldo, i've started downloading Dream Of Mirrors to play, you think there will be anyone else from PA on there? It seems that you get bonuses for playing with people you know.
    Plus i've been playing Trickster and the drilling system in that along with the game development is just horrid.

Johannen on
    edited May 2008
    I'm still trying to figure out how they managed to get around the whole "except you can opt not to donate your organs" counter-argument so as to keep flinging the whole "shitting on people's beliefs" nonsense around.

That's one thing I'm really, really coming to hate about forum debates. You can peg somebody on a faulty concept, but they can usually get away with glossing right over it. I just don't understand it.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    but he fucking lost.

to the giants.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Never hesitate, ever. Karate chop to the thorax first, questions later.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited May 2008
    Variable wrote: »
    but he fucking lost.

to the giants.

Fuck yes.

MikeMan on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Variable wrote: »
    but he fucking lost.

to the giants.

Fuck yes.

I was a little late on the conversation but the spirit is still there, goddamnit.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited May 2008
    It was a glorious superbowl.

Probably the best I will ever witness.

MikeMan on
  • radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    There are still no oranges. This is ridiculous.

radroadkill on
    edited May 2008
    There are still no oranges. This is ridiculous.

Murder is the answer.

ViolentChemistry on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Missouri

The Show Me State

The Prove It State

The Demonstrate your God-Damned Thesis State

Senjutsu on
    edited May 2008
    Bowen decided to PM me of all people, because he thinks I'm nicer to talk to than anybody else in the opt-out thread.

Have I lost it or something?

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bowen decided to PM me of all people, because he thinks I'm nicer to talk to than anybody else in the opt-out thread.

Have I lost it or something?

Nah, you just need to be in top form at all times around here.

Nova_C on
This discussion has been closed.