As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WiiFit: Why Spend $3.19 On A Hula Hoop When You Can Get Wii Fit For $89? - OUT TODAY

• jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ampix wrote: »
    SoshiKitai wrote: »
    Later on you start to use the Balance Board less... meaning: "New"er yoga poses don't require the balance board... first it just goes to wiimote, then none at all.

It's just a choice, really. Like a simple yoga instructional video, without any measurements at all.

So yeah: You don't use the Balance Board or Wiimote for the exercise... if you do it, you're your own judge.

But you know what's hard with the Balance Board?
    The Balance game that makes you sit-down lotus-style... yeah, I don't know how the hell to do that without seeming awkward.

I think it says that you only need to put your bottom on the board, you can lay your feet in front of the board. By the way, does anyone else think that game is really hard? I always get no further than 50 seconds or so :S

I can go about 90 seconds if I am actually completely supported by the board (which isn't easy). With my legs off the board I didn't even make the flame move at all until I had to stop because my wife needed help with something. I guess I am pretty chill.

jackal on
  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Has anyone beaten the ultimate balance test? I was probably about .2 seconds away, but I shifted a bit.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Nakatomi2010Nakatomi2010 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Has anyone beaten the ultimate balance test? I was probably about .2 seconds away, but I shifted a bit.
    Same... It's like some unholy torture, I've tried it twice, both times I can get the first two things ithin about 10 seconds total, then that third one of 50-50 balance I just cannot stay still for that long....

Nakatomi2010 on
    Check out me building my HTPC (NSF56K) (Updated 1-10-08)
    Movie Collection
    Foody Things
    Holy shit! Sony's new techno toy!
    Wii Friend code: 1445 3205 3057 5295
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wow...

So yesterday, I was with family all day and such...and didn't get my 30 minutes in.

Today I feel AWFUL.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, my arms are pretty damn sore from doing the pushups + boxing training games. Maybe one or the other, right? Heh.

urahonky on
  • Nakatomi2010Nakatomi2010 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    Man, my arms are pretty damn sore from doing the pushups + boxing training games. Maybe one or the other, right? Heh.

I haven't toyed with Wii Fit in TWO days, my arms still hurt from Rythm boxing, at the elbow joints.... If I fully extend either arm the pain sinks in...

Granted,t he last thing I did was a 10 minute rythm boxing, but still.... It hurts...

Nakatomi2010 on
    Check out me building my HTPC (NSF56K) (Updated 1-10-08)
    Movie Collection
    Foody Things
    Holy shit! Sony's new techno toy!
    Wii Friend code: 1445 3205 3057 5295
  • SoshiKitaiSoshiKitai Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Same... It's like some unholy torture, I've tried it twice, both times I can get the first two things ithin about 10 seconds total, then that third one of 50-50 balance I just cannot stay still for that long....

I think it's the same for all of us... we get the first two real easily... but the 50-50... well, we get "3.......2.... *SHIFT* DAMMIT!"

I keep thinking "Oh, after I get really good at balancing through yoga and balance games, I'm sure I'll finally beat this!"...
    But something tells me it's still going to be fucking hard even after "mastering" balance.

SoshiKitai on
  • Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So I finally unlocked the boxing. Awesome. I love that it uses the Remote and Chuk in addition to the board, and at the end he basically says: "Go apeshit on that bag".

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I tried this finally for the first time last night. I actually enjoy the Yoga the best. I have a stocky build (this does not mean fat, it means short and muscles). I am out of shape for sure, but not overweight (yet). I've always had issues with being flexible though due to my build type and going to yoga is probably something I'd never do outside of my own home. Some of that stuff is downright hard (see tree pose, I look like an idiot trying to do it). But I can certainly feel which muscles it is stretching.

Also, this may not replace an extremely high intensity cardio workout (I haven't unlocked the higher stuff to compare yet), but it darn sure does a great job of a moderate workout. The strength training stuff is great. The pushups and crunches were really good.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • MrOlettaMrOletta Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I had a tough time finding this game in Austin (a city known for being fairly active). The day it came out I couldn't make it before work to pick it up, but I called 6-7 places while at work and they had all sold out within 30 minutes of their store opening.

This past weekend, however, I went down to visit my family in south texas (an area that's not very active at all, and a large population are overweight/obese) and found the shelves stocked full of them. It was kind of a sad realization.

The game itself is super fun, though I'm disappointed that it calculates your fitness age just on balance alone. I'm 5'9" at 147lbs or so, so it calculated my BMI as normal/healthy, but calculated my wii fit age as 37...yet I cycle ~100mi/week.

Edit: I'm 25

MrOletta on
  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It calculates your WiiFit age based on the balance games, your actual balance, your weight (I assume), and your age.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hmmm... I used it without the feet extensions and told me I'm 209, put the extensions on and it said I was 235 (which is much closer) but that puts me in the super-fatty-obesity category. Oh well, to know that most of it is indeed muscle helps (I was obese at 285 lbs, before I was weight lifting and running 4 miles a day), and plus this helps me keep track of weight I want to trim down for that last 15 or so lbs that I want to lose.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
    edited May 2008
    jack eddy wrote: »
    Hmmm... I used it without the feet extensions and told me I'm 209, put the extensions on and it said I was 235 (which is much closer) but that puts me in the super-fatty-obesity category. Oh well, to know that most of it is indeed muscle helps (I was obese at 285 lbs, before I was weight lifting and running 4 miles a day), and plus this helps me keep track of weight I want to trim down for that last 15 or so lbs that I want to lose.

Yeah this is the main reason why I'm using it. It's a fairly accurate way of tracking your weight. This keeps it in mind every time I boot it up.

That said I didn't do anything yesterday, so in about 30 minutes I plan to get on it.

urahonky on
  • Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Finally found this today. Got that last one at my local Wal-Mart, and considering I visited pretty much every other store in the city that might have had it first, I'm guessing I got the last one within a thirty mile radius of me. It's pretty good. I played it for about 45 minutes tonight, and though the workouts aren't real intense, it's more than I'd normally be doing. I start sweating a little near the end doing the aerobic stuff, so that's something I guess. We'll see in two weeks how it's working.

Oh yeah, it says I'm a fatty. I'm not arguing.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I played it for about 45 minutes tonight, and though the workouts aren't real intense, it's more than I'd normally be doing.

I had the same feeling at first, but after you start to unlock harder & longer modes of the activities, I changed my mind. Today was my 4th day and I was feel moderately tired at the end of my session (6-mins of boxing & super hula hoop among other things).

RainbowDespair on
  • seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So I unlocked the lotus balance game today, and I am apparently a fucking zen master. (Not really, but I got the full 3 minutes and kicked my husband's ass. It probably helps that I can actually do the lotus position.)
    Also I'm mildly shocked at Nintendo having the moth/butterfly float in to distract you... and then get burned to a crisp. D:

In other news, 6 minutes of hula hooping is apparently when it starts to get difficult.

seasleepy on
    Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
    edited May 2008
    I realized, when I first started playing this game, that I'm not much for "graded work-outs"...
    I tend to love Aerobics... (aerobics just feels like a high score, rather than an actual grade on your fitness)

In Yoga, you have to keep your balance... I'm constantly distracted by the screen and have a hard time relaxing unless I close my eyes.
    In Strength Exercises, I constantly think to myself "Okay, seriously, I am TOTALLY done with this... yep... totally done... cuz I hate doing this..." :lol:

But Aerobics... God I love the dances, the hoola-hoops, and the running.
    I've gone for a full hour of light jogging, and another half hour for quicker "running"...
    I LOVE the free-running...
    And even after that, I was able to do the Super-Hoola-hoops with enjoyment! (of which, I usually tend to despise)
    And the dancing is fun for me. And the boxing is just plain awesome.

Now... when I do the strength exercises before the aerobics: I HATE the aerobics and rather skip it all together.
    And when I do the yoga before the strength exercises: I become a wimp and feel like my arms are twigs.
    But if I do aerobics before everything else: Everything else is juuuuusssst fine.

:D

SoshiKitai on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Digg front page has a link to YouTube video of why you should buy your girlfriend/wife WiiFit.

I'd link it, but I don't think I should. I'm sure you all know where Digg is.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited May 2008
    The top right Strength training one (where you have to hold your hands behind your head and bend your knee down on one leg)... I think it's call the Jack Knife? Not sure, anyway... That one makes my legs burn. I hate it at the time while I'm doing it, but soon after it feels great. 10 reps and I'm about to collapse.

Soon I hope to up it to 15.

urahonky on
  • Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The only thing that really kicks my ass is the Hula Hoop. It really stresses my knees, but I think I'm doing it slightly wrong. I'm terrified of the Super Hoop.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The only thing that really kicks my ass is the Hula Hoop. It really stresses my knees, but I think I'm doing it slightly wrong. I'm terrified of the Super Hoop.

I found Super Hula Hoop to be much easier than normal Hula Hoop actually, I don't know why. SO DO IT.

For big points

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Digg front page has a link to YouTube video of why you should buy your girlfriend/wife WiiFit.

I'd link it, but I don't think I should. I'm sure you all know where Digg is.

I'm so glad I checked this thread. Why? Because now I know i'm not the only one that thought that was a good idea.

KupotheAvenger on
    fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

• ÆthelredÆthelred Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    A digg commentator nailed it though..
    "Jessica, I think you should try Wii Fit"
    "Are you saying I'm fat?"
    "No, i'm just saying...."
    (hangs up phone)

:(

Æthelred on
    pokes: 1505 8032 8399
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    God I wish I had Wiifit.

And a girlfriend. Who liked walking around in her underwear.

Damn you, faaaate!

Houk the Namebringer on
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I honestly do not think thta there is one withing a 75km radius from the center of Edmonton. Not one. I have called 15-20 places, visited 6-7 more, and almost all of them haven't even gotten stock in since the initial shipment.

It is simply nowhere to be found, and I refuse to ebay it.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
    edited May 2008
    Houk wrote: »
    God I wish I had Wiifit.

Damn you, faaaate!

Not as sexy as you think... >_> I CANNOT touch her at all while she does WiiFit.
    If I do, she either kicks me out of the room, or stops playing WiiFit and blames me. O_o

Understandable though. >.> I wouldn't want someone screwin' up my one chance to get a perfect score.

SoshiKitai on
  • MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    God I wish I had Wiifit.

Damn you, faaaate!

Not as sexy as you think... >_> I CANNOT touch her at all while she does WiiFit.
    If I do, she either kicks me out of the room, or stops playing WiiFit and blames me. O_o

Understandable though. >.> I wouldn't want someone screwin' up my one chance to get a perfect score.

Yours wears underwear?

We do Wii Fit naked, then we don't have to worry about clothing weight at all.

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Mblackwell wrote: »
    God I wish I had Wiifit.

Damn you, faaaate!

Yours wears underwear?

Oh geez, I just pictured what would happen if a man were to do the hula hoops game while naked. Quite impractical.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Fireflash wrote: »
    God I wish I had Wiifit.

Damn you, faaaate!

Yours wears underwear?

Oh geez, I just pictured what would happen if a man were to do the hula hoops game while naked. Quite impractical.
    Yes, but so much worse with a real hoop. Also, the anatomical implications of a nearby girlfriend who is also naked could cause further complication, no?

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    edited May 2008
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Yes, but so much worse with a real hoop. Also, the anatomical implications of a nearby girlfriend who is also naked could cause further complication, no?

Depends on the girlfriend :lol:

Anyway, I've been doing all the yoga and strength exorcises since Friday. Man, is that pushup one a bitch for me. 6 reps is fine, but 10 reps is ludicrous, as my shoulder width is wider than the board, so it makes it one tough nut to crack to get that 10 reps.

Also, "palm tree" in yoga makes me feel a little ghey, but in a super-happy freeing way. I told this to my wife, and she just rolled her eyes. :P

jeddy lee on
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So any idea when the second shipment will go out?

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    edited May 2008
    God I wish I had Wiifit.

Damn you, faaaate!

Yours wears underwear?

Naked doesn't feel comfortable with us...
    As naked for me would cause more complications with "juggling the safe package", and my gf who happens to love to flick it when she ain't horny............ as you can see, I'd REALLY RATHER NOT have it flicked while doing WiiFit... or at all, really.

And for her... well... she knows that, being the rabbit that I am, I wouldn't be able to resist doing something to her for long.

In the end, it gets too uncomfortable to stay naked during a WiiFit session.

SoshiKitai on
  • KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    God I wish I had Wiifit.

Damn you, faaaate!

Yours wears underwear?

As naked for me would cause more complications with "juggling the safe package", and my gf who happens to love to flick it when she ain't horny............ as you can see, I'd REALLY RATHER NOT have it flicked while doing WiiFit... or at all, really.

And for her... well... she knows that, being the rabbit that I am, I wouldn't be able to resist doing something to her for long.

agreed. my gf uses those annoyingly tempting boy short panty things. she qualifies them as jogging pants, but she knows i'm looking....she knows.

KupotheAvenger on

• T-BirdT-Bird Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

No stress in my knees but my cat almost killed me when I played it and it decided that was the best time to start asking for food

T-Bird on
  • MooreningMoorening Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Change 'when she ain't horny' to 'when she thinks it's funny' (read all the time), and you've got my wife. Wii fit will be a clothed operation in my house.

Moorening on
    It would appear there ain't no rest for the wicked...who knew?
    edited May 2008
    Moorening wrote: »

Change 'when she ain't horny' to 'when she thinks it's funny' (read all the time), and you've got my wife. Wii fit will be a clothed operation in my house.

Yeah, marriage loosens all boundries of "no-no places".

jeddy lee on
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    edited May 2008
    She's just thoroughly entertained by flicking it... she thinks it's funny, but she just finds it more over-all "entertaining"...

..... as if it's some sort of new game. >_> And that is not a very fun game for the receiver.

SoshiKitai on
    edited May 2008
    If my girl did that to me I'd go for a nipple pinch any day of the week. Flicking my junk is also known as a "hostile" move by her and will be dealt with severely.

But that's so far off topic that I'll have to say that the island jogging is great, but for some reason my Mii likes to burst into a sprint for no apparent reason, and the game yells at me for not keeping a steady pace.

Annoying.

urahonky on
    edited May 2008
    wait wait wait...flicking the twig? or berries?! not the berries....never the berries...

KupotheAvenger on

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    even the twig seems like something you wouldn't want to encourage, or really even tolerate. strange people!

Houk the Namebringer on