As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Raid Thread - Naxxramas? Didn't we do this 2 years ago?

• Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Heh, we just have chat channels for cliques. Apparently this one guy's "me and my friends" channel turned into the melee channel but now there's sort of bickering over whether new melee DPS get invited because it's not REALLY the melee channel, etc.

riz on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The way I see it; is everything being said that is important to the melee's job being covered in general channels and/or text chat channels? Then not everyone needs to be in. If things are being said (on the fly or in preparation) for the melee in general, then they should suck it up and have everyone in there.

Cliques are fine, they're expected, and there's nothing wrong with making people earn the right to be included, but if a raid crew has information that's not reaching certain members due to high-school'esque friend circles, they're just harming themselves, and in turn, the crew as a whole.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    We have two main pally healers, and one guy who just came back but has sub par gear.

One main is on vacation for a month, the other is flying from the US to NZ for medical treatment as his kidneys are dying, and its cheaper over there or something.

We have three resto shammy.

One showed up this week, one is moving, one is deathly ill and is high as a kite (Hi Transporter!)

We have Three holy priests.

One is moving, one is spotty normally and hasn't been seen for a while, one showed up this week.

We have one resto druid. He sucks, and I think he just got raidkicked.

We have four locks. One vanished.

We have two shadow priests. One showed up, one just got shot.

This week sucks.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    CJTheran wrote: »
    We have two main pally healers, and one guy who just came back but has sub par gear.

One main is on vacation for a month, the other is flying from the US to NZ for medical treatment as his kidneys are dying, and its cheaper over there or something.

One showed up this week, one is moving, one is deathly ill and is high as a kite (Hi Transporter!)

One is moving, one is spotty normally and hasn't been seen for a while, one showed up this week.

This week sucks.

Note to self. Being in CJTheran's guild is likely to get one killed.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »

This week sucks.

Probably by me.

Raid starts at 8. Normally raid leader does invites at 10 to.

We have yet to start on time.

With the raid leader's kidneys turning into a gooey mush, I started doing things, and started invites at quarter to.

We have yet to start before 8:30.

HAAAAAAAATE

CJTheran on
  • Options
    zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

This week sucks.

Note to self. Being a healer in CJTheran's guild is likely to get one killed.

Fixed.

zagi on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    zagi wrote: »

This week sucks.

Fixed.

Not fixed...his Spriests are getting shot. That's taking PvP way too seriously.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    riz wrote: »
    We used to have this one rogue who would always talk to one of the RLs with a bind, and then the RL would reply as normal not realizing this, so everyone in the channel would think he was crazy.

I'd be way too worried using binds to talk to specific people, like at some point I'm sure I'd hit the wrong key and make an ass of myself. Like the time my mom called while I was doing AB and I kept hitting push-to-talk anyway but didn't hear people yelling at me cos I'd muted Vent.

In my old guild back when MC was still new and I was maining a rogue. All of the rogues had a special bind to talk with each other and a few times the class leader would hit his normal push to talk button, followed by a few seconds of silence and, "oh crap I just said that to everyone didn't I? You all probably think I'm crazy now."

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

This week sucks.

Fixed.

But did he die though? Getting shot doesn't necessarily mean dead. Might have been an non-essential body part. Like a toe.

zagi on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Can I just mention the awful memories the name of the new chat thread brings up btw?

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    edited May 2008

But did he die though? Getting shot doesn't necessarily mean dead. Might have been an non-essential body part. Like a toe.

I have an aversion to getting shot. And sure it might be a flesh wound but I don't want to die because I was depending on someone else's poor aim. That's super low on my list of ways I want to go out. In fact I'm pretty sure you have to get out of the top 100 to find a way to die that doesn't involve a bed.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

This week sucks.

Fixed.

He's a SWAT officer or something and apparently got shot in the leg with a shotgun by someone he hadn't shot properly.

And I am also pretty excited about the shitty resto druid getting kicked, he was terrible D:

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I remember a dps warrior would talk on and on about how his girlfreind would sit in his lap or give him a blow while playing.

I bet a ret paladin could do it, ours is constantly typing stuff in /say mid-fight because he has nothing better to do.
    Hm? The longest gap I have between casts is 6 seconds, but that's a maximum; most of the time it's about half that because of overlap. I mean, yeah, it's much more time than a tanking warrior has available, but it's a casting frenzy compared to my tankadin days. I could manage to type something mid-fight if necessary, but doing it constantly would throw off my rhythm.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I suppose it's because of the cooldowns, you know exactly when you're going to have to do something next, and there is time in between. Versus my warlock where I'm just spamming 4 so that I can get the next cast started as soon as possible or a druid that has to hit the spacebar AND lifebloom button as often as the GCD allows.

riz on
  • Options
    Jmac71Jmac71 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

This week sucks.

Probably by me.

Raid starts at 8. Normally raid leader does invites at 10 to.

We have yet to start on time.

With the raid leader's kidneys turning into a gooey mush, I started doing things, and started invites at quarter to.

We have yet to start before 8:30.

HAAAAAAAATE

I blame Theran...

Jmac71 on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Once you have done Brutallus, you never quite DPS the same way anymore... pushing that kind of limit is extreme. Of course shadowpriest have the weirdest DPS cycle, as it's more of a prio list since it doesn't fit into a true cycle (and haste fucks it up even more). Pretty hard work. Then comes felmyst, where you are watching your threat, pushing for damage, trying not to get healing aggro and saving everyone's ass on a totally random timer, as well as watching out for ridicilous incoming raiddamage. Stress. Twins as shadow is laughably easy compared to it, pew pew pew, watch threat and walk if you get conflag.

Still, if 6 months ago I'd been told I would be doing 1400 dps, I would not have believed them.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    if 6 months ago you'd been told there'd be a fight that required 1800 from everyone you wouldn't have believed them either.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It's okay, M'uru is worse.

Junpei on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah we're finding that out, our DPS is slowly getting there on the adds. Berserkers going loose and wiping everyone is really really annoying though, those bastards are so fast. (We use fear backups on them but if you are on a GDC when it happens it can be to late).

SanderJK on
  • Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Junpei wrote: »
    It's okay, M'uru is worse.
    Ugh, so true. We're getting better, but it's still a pile of suck. Six healers? No, fuck you Blizzard.

Entriech on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Had our first real stabs at Kalecgos tonight

uughhhh fuck this is going to take forever to get down :(

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Kalecg is just about all behaviour though, you can train and get better at it, not make mistakes. Portals can be a bit random at times (We wiped 3 times this week because portals were just too slow to spawn, ending up with people with 14 debuffs at one point), but otherwise, it's not that hard a DPS check, or healing check. It's mostly skill. Any guild that can kill Illidan can kill Kalecgos. Brutallus, not so much.

SanderJK on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Well it's also a "how many of your mages/druids are reliable?" check which is why we failed it for weeks. Sunwell, a test not of skill but of raid stacking!

riz on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    More Archimonde attempts today. I have a feeling it's going to take a week to filter out all the morons dying to doomfire (I hope it doesn't, because I may punch a bunny).

I'm surprised, our mages/druids, who can't be bothered to decurse are actually decursing. It's everyone else rooted like trees in doomfire who are killing us. One person dies & it starts a fucking chain reaction where 5-10 people drop in a row. I've never been in a boss fight where shit goes sour so fucking fast.

The lock CC told the locks to put on all my PvP/stamina gear because survival is more important than dpsing. I understand that, but we're BLOODY WARLOCKS. I have at least 13k in PvE gear fully buffed. More importantly, you should not be getting hit by anything that would seriously hurt you. I don't think they tried to dps, I sorta did, but it shreds through a lot of shards. The RL told people to bring Major Fire Protection Pots for today, I doubt that's going to help people STANDING IN DOOMFIRE.

zagi on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Hahah. You don't need potions to protect you from fire you shouldn't have caught, indeed. I spent a lot of time in Archimonde not DPSing, because I run fires to the hills, or I stand out there dancing because I only have one fear break every two minutes. Fun times.

riz on
  • Options
    douglydougly Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Archimonde is such an outstanding situational awareness/retard check.

dougly on
    puffin.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    More stamina does give a buffer for how much stupidity you can accept. On our second to last kill of him we had six dead and still downed him.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Man fires are the easy part.

Grip+airburst is what you need stam for.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    People are managing Air Burst + Use of Tears rather well, considering we had 20 minutes of practice for everyone to get used to using the Tears. There's this one guy who keeps lagging & not hitting his Tears in time, oh god, he caused a fourth of our wipes. Or he stood in fire.

Curses are getting cleansed very quickly - except for the one or two wipes caused by decursers being positioned on the opposite side of Arch & fires blocking the way through.

Like I said, I sorta dps'd, I spent more time running away from fires or getting feared. Speaking of fears, another chunk of the wipes were caused by people who didn't wear/bring their PvP trinket. "Oh we were supposed to wear that?" o_O

zagi on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    How about people who don't even have a PvP trinket?

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »

As much as I hate to say this....they shouldn't be there.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The weekend after our first archimonde attempts, about 20 of our raiders did a marathon org AV to get themselves the honor needed to buy their 2 minute trinkets. They're down to 8k honor now, so it shouldn't be hard at all to farm.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »

As much as I hate to say this....they shouldn't be there.

Agreed.

The 5 minute one wasn't enough, and while a grind, the 2 minute one could be done in a weekend if you REALLY put your mind to it (and if you weren't clinically insane, could be done at the rate of a couple games a day for a week or two with ease). Now that the 2 minute one is half price, there's really no excuse.

Forar on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    so last night while attempting vashj i idly noticed that quite a few people weren't using flasks

brought it up in officer chat, they said "well sometimes for some classes 2 elixirs is a bigger benefit".

ok sure fine whatever, i'll wait until buffs are done and then check

so i waited

still a good ten people with no elixirs or flasks

brought it up again and they said "flasks aren't that important, don't worry about it".

man what?

i ignored them, and went through vent calling out names.
    hopefully they straighten the fuck up

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    1-2 flasks over the course of a night is often cheaper than 2 x elixiers for possibly dozens of attempts/false starts, and while a flask missing on one person or another might not seem like much, when you wipe at 1% (and it happens to the best of us) and 5+ dps were missing a flask or elixirs, that could've been a kill. Or you lose your MT to an unlucky hit or because one of his/her healers was quietly trying to regen a little mana because their potion timer is on cooldown, that extra throughput/longevity might've made all the difference.

It might not seem like much, but 100, 50, even 25 dps can make all the difference, or 500 extra hp, or 10 mana/5.

In a 5-10 minute encounter, these things add up very, very quickly.

Forar on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    We have people using Unstable flasks in Kara/ZA/Mag/TK/SSC, it pains me.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I... they have read the item/buff, right?

Forar on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm honestly surprised they can read at all.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    im going to propose in ochat tonight that using flasks or elixirs be mandatory for all progression attempts and recent-farm-status bosses.

because i swear to god my mind would not be able to handle a 1% vashj wipe

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    EriosErios Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    im going to propose in ochat tonight that using flasks or elixirs be mandatory for all progression attempts and recent-farm-status bosses.

because i swear to god my mind would not be able to handle a 1% vashj wipe

Do this.

Erios on
    Steam: erios23, Live: Coconut Flavor, Origin: erios2386.
This discussion has been closed.