As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gods and Mortals [Phalla] - Game Over: Village Victory!

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    James wrote: »
    Kilroy wrote: »
    My last minute vote was due to my being at an amusement park all day and only just now having gotten back to read the thread.

I can post pictures of my sunburn if you require proof. :P

How do we know you didn't get that sunburn on purpose?

:P

I'm Irish. Burning is our only response to exposure to the day-star. ;-)

Kilroy on
  • Options
    HilgerHilger Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Why are all the people I find incredibly suspicious voting for Aldo?

durax (who we originally found very suspicious), and Ultarune (the guy who saved durax by cheating us out of our vote).

Uhhh, hmm.

Hilger on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hilger wrote: »
    Why are all the people I find incredibly suspicious voting for Aldo?

durax (who we originally found very suspicious), and Ultarune (the guy who saved durax by cheating us out of our vote).

Uhhh, hmm.

Who was ultrarune gonna vote for? Himself?

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2008
    I waited late because I like deciding votes if I could. I didn't find any of tonight's vote leaders suspicious, but a good, experienced player on the bad side is almost always more dangerous than a good, experienced villager. So, Aldo.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I switched late because what the fuck is the point of having the single vote on somebody? Might as well actually decide between the two real choices rather than go with a third party candidate that'll never win anyway, am I right?

Daedalus on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I am in a bind.

How annoying.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    the good kind of bind (:winky:)

or the bad kind of bind (:|)

?

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    The bad one. Basically I don't want to out someone if I don't have to.

If I do it and I don't die I would feel like an ass.
    If I don't do it and I do die i would feel like an ass.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Time for my traditional "I may be dead already" spiel. Since Aldo is dead, our one lead (in my opinion) from Frosteey is dead, though I will, and everyone else should, go back over all his old posts and see if I can find any other hints of collaboration. Aldo may or may not be a baddy, and if he is we'll see what we can pull from him.

This is more about what to do ignoring that, and while I feel like an ass doing it, it's usually pretty solid. We need to kill the good players. Not good as in villagers, but good as in good at this game and still alive. The baddies targeted mtvcdm the first night and Frosteey the second, both great players with a lot of experience. As time goes on, it becomes increasingly likely anyone who's known for being really good and is still alive is a baddy.

Specifically, I'm looking at Elki and richy. Both are subtle, manipulative players. Both have been in the thread a lot and post quite a bit, but they never seem to be pushing any ideas of their own (though they'll poke at other people's). Always here but never making an impression is classic bad guy trying to steer the group behavior, and Elki sticks out in my mind as doing this a lot.

Add in unabashed last minute voting night after night, and if Elki isn't dead tonight (and we don't get anything new to work with) he's going to be my vote tomorrow.

werehippy on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    werehippy wrote: »
    Specifically, I'm looking at Elki and richy. Both are subtle, manipulative players. Both have been in the thread a lot and post quite a bit, but they never seem to be pushing any ideas of their own (though they'll poke at other people's). Always here but never making an impression is classic bad guy trying to steer the group behavior, and Elki sticks out in my mind as doing this a lot.
    Just because I don't have a plan so far doesn't mean I shouldn't point out the flaws in DUE's "all the specials contact me, statistically odds are I'm a good guy, trust me" plan. I won't sit idly by and let the village be misled while I figure out a plan to save it.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Uh did someone say my name?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    The bad one. Basically I don't want to out someone if I don't have to.

If I do it and I don't die I would feel like an ass.
    If I don't do it and I do die i would feel like an ass.

Sounds juicy.

Anyway, it's late and I'm going to bed. I'll catch up on the narration tomorrow; hopefully they didn't kill anyone too important.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    I have to apologize now for not voting. An after-work party wrapped up my attention all night and I'm only just now getting home after being gone for 18 hours.

Satan. on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Night 3

The stone figures continued to move around the game board while the Gods watched from various places around the table. Although the coloured pieces travelled the board without a sound, the Gods fell silent every time another moved, as though even a divine cough could have an effect on the figurines.

Watching a piece move from a tile in the centre of the board to the far left area, the Smith waited until the stone came to a halt before stepping up from the table. It is always the same thing. They move this way, they move that way, and they accomplish so little. Were we wrong to have put our faith in their hands?

The Twins remain focused on the board, but many of the others turn to regard Hin. Mewin shrugged before shyly looking at the floor while Gunto nodded towards Hin and sneered. Syl looked as though he was about to say something as well when Luko cut him off.

Listen. You need to have more faith in those humans. All of you do. The Monkey waited until he made eye contact with the Fox before he continued. We made the decision to allow the humans of our choosing to decide our fate, and I think it was one of the best decisions we’ve made in a long time. It may take them a while, but I have known the humans to pull through in the end. The Twins may think they are ahead now, but—

A cheer from the Twins cuts Luko off, drawing the Gods back to the game board. Syl, who had been ignoring Luko, was smiling and the Snake and Raven were congratulating each other on their choices, but the rest of the Gods looked grim.

Do you see what I see, Uil? Maybe you should tell him, Artol? Flicking his tongue between his smiling lips, Elsaan turned to watch the Rising Sun. No one, including the Raven, said a thing, but every God watched Uil closely.

Taking two steps back from the great stone table, Uil spoke softly to those watching. I see he said. Taking one half-step backwards, the Rising Sun closed his eyes, bowed his head, and turned quickly on his heel to walk towards the doorway.

The gathered Gods said nothing until Uil crossed the threshold and even then it was only Elsaan who spoke:

You see, my brother? I told you things would be all right.

The villagers seem to be an incredibly indecisive lot. For the third day in a row, the public vote for execution has come down to the wire. The Shrine Officers, weary of the line the village may be walking, can only shake their heads while they wait for the tally to be read. They fear what may happen if the vote is too close and the mob grows unruly, but their fears appear to be for naught as the official results show that Aldo has won the vote by a much larger than expected margin. Dragging the poor man off to the Shrine, the Officers are not sure if it would be fair to count themselves lucky, considering how they find themselves currently employed, but decide it is likely a matter to ponder some other time.

The villagers, apparently unconcerned with their voting habits, go merrily on their way. Some head off to the woods to let off some steam splitting logs, while others head for a swim in the pond before the night chills the water. It is hours before the first scream is heard, although by then, not many are awake to hear it.

Medopine and Satan. are the first to be discovered, although their bodies are on completely opposite sides of the village. Once again, Medopine’s eyes are missing in the vicious, now-familiar, mutilation. She had been swimming, it seemed, and had gone into the brush to find some privacy to dry off, but whatever attacked her caught her in the act. Her towel is stained red with the blood that spilled from her belly with the rest of her guts.

Satan., on the other hand, is found lying face-down in a ditch near the corn fields. His face is black and blue and it looks as though someone has used his chest as a punching bag. His entire body is covered with bruises and his lips are split, showing bright red teeth. It takes two men to carry his body to the Shrine and everyone that sees his poor, swollen face, quickly looks away for fear of retching.

The old stone well, seeming like a comfortable spot to have a cool drink, take a rest, and try to purge the horrible image of Satan.’s broken face from his mind, draws chamberlain and a number of others. He is standing in line, waiting his turn to dip his cup in the cool water when he suddenly cries out.

Clutching at his chest, chamberlain tries in vain to hold back the torrent of blood spilling from his body. The people behind him in line scream that he is bleeding from the back as well and rush to help him as he collapses to the ground. A black feather is found in the wound track as villagers try to revive him, but chamberlain loses too much blood and does not wake up again.

The Officers, tired and over-worked, take chamberlain’s body to the Shrine but nearly drop the body when they enter the burial ground. They see Shamus sitting in a chair by the far gate and, since they did not expect to see anyone around the grounds at this hour, betray their tense nerves. Quickly recovering, they approach the man and ask him what he wants. Suspiciously, he does not answer.

It is only when they get close to the body that they realise that Shamus is not really sitting in the chair. His body is slumped at an awkward angle and it looks as though he may fall off of the straw cushion at any moment. Bringing the lantern higher, they groan in unison as they see the raw red mark on his neck and notice the blue tint to Shamus’ lips. Grabbing him by his arms and legs, the Officers grumble something about a long night and slowly make their way towards the eastern side of the lot where they had begun digging fresh graves.

Results:

Dead Players:
    Satan.
    Shamus
    Aldo
    Medopine
    chamberlain

Roles Killed:
    Villager
    Villager
    Acolyte
    Villager
    Villager

Night 4 will end at 11pm EST on Friday.
    All necessary PMs are going out now.

[Edit]
    Oops, my bad. Sorry.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Richy wrote: »
    Just because I don't have a plan so far doesn't mean I shouldn't point out the flaws in DUE's "all the specials contact me, statistically odds are I'm a good guy, trust me" plan. I won't sit idly by and let the village be misled while I figure out a plan to save it.

Like I said, I feel like an ass calling people on this, because it basically makes the game suck if you get good at it, but I stand by my reasoning. You're good enough that you should either be taking positive action (nominating someone we should go after, making a case, putting together a strategy, something) or I don't think you're on our side.

Anyone can poke apart holes in a poorly thought out plan, and it doesn't cost you anything to do it if you're a baddy. You get to nudge the conversation, without giving the village anything useful. No stances that anyone can hold you to, no having to account for being wrong, and all with the benefit of being active, visible, and appearing helpful.

Of course, the reason this sucks is it paints a huge target on you. But like I said, unless we get something solid I think this is the line of reasoning we need to follow.

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Edit: nix that

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Fuck nuggets.

Medopine on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh look, more last minute shenannigans.

Why am I not surprised.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    LaOs, Chamberlain appears to be missing from the list of the dead.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    holy shit

edit: did... did we just lose five villagers on one night? Who made those kills?

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I think we need to consider the possibility that the evil role is passed around like an item. The raven is the kill involving the eyes and the gut, and it seems like the snake is the round wound and the blue lips. The raven came up all 3 days, but the snake didn't come up the night Frosteey died.

Not that it does anything for us, but it's worth keeping in mind as we do our math. And it might mean we get lucky and someone else will be taking up shamus' role as the undead killer.

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I think we need to consider the possibility that the evil role is passed around like an item. The raven is the kill involving the eyes and the gut, and it seems like the snake is the round wound and the blue lips. The raven came up all 3 days, but the snake didn't come up the night Frosteey died.

Not that it does anything for us, but it's worth keeping in mind as we do our math. And it might mean we get lucky and someone else will be taking up shamus' role as the undead killer.

Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

But I really have to get to bed.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Daedalus wrote: »
    holy shit

edit: did... did we just lose five villagers on one night? Who made those kills?

Satan. - vigilante (beaten to death)?
    Shamus - snake
    Aldo - vote
    Medopine - raven
    chamberlain - arrow

werehippy on
  • Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    soo:

Medophine: raven (eyes gone, etc)
    Satan: pummeled to death. zombie kill??
    chamberlain: arrow kill
    shamus: snake kill (red ring, etc)

edit: dammit werehippy

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Daedalus wrote: »
    holy shit

Satan. - vigilante (beaten to death)?
    Shamus - snake
    Aldo - vote
    Medopine - raven
    chamberlain - arrow

Seems accurate. We need one more role though in the narration.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    OooOoo

Eh, I tried. Good luck, guys.

OooOoo

Shamus on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    THERE IS NO H IN MY NAME

Ooooo

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Villager - Aldo
    Villager - Satan.
    Acolyte - Shamus
    Villager - Medopine

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Hippy, I figured that this was the snake kill on the night Frosteey died:
    One Thousand Dicks is found lifeless in a ditch and it is clear that someone choked the life out of him

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Red Bird wrote: »
    soo:

Satan: pummeled to death. zombie kill??

This has potential. Syl was the one who wanted to break the barrier between the living and the dead to rule both AND was supposed to take a more active role today. The acolyte shamus was supposed to kill has been given a vigilante power? Or is one of the dead players revived and calling the shots on zomibe action from outside this thread (which would account for the no talking to dead people rule).

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Also, it seems the twins were happy that Shamus is dead.

Was he lying about his role, perhaps?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    EDIT: Nevermind.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    One Thousand Dicks is found lifeless in a ditch and it is clear that someone choked the life out of him

The raven kill is always marked the same way, so I think the snake kill would have the same effect. Random vigilante, maybe?

I don't think it's the snake, but I hadn't accounted for that one.

werehippy on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    OoooOo Good luck getting your shit together, folks :P

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Also, it seems the twins were happy that Shamus is dead.

Was he lying about his role, perhaps?

Twins could just be pleased about our cluster-fuckery.

Or ultrarune is one of theirs, and they're happy he ducked the vote.

werehippy on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    OooOOoooo
    Jerks
    I wasn't sure if it was okay to ghost in when I died initially. OoooOOOooOOOooOOoo
    OoooOOooooOOOoo

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Oh god damn it. Chamberlain has been added to the end results.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I am going to put my placeholder vote for !Ultarune up.

Items were supposed to be random and yet he got it 2 nights in a row and both times he caused problems.

He is actively hurting the village as opposed to helping it.

And possibly lying.

Edit: Another villager. Meh, at least he wasn't a special.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I am going to put my placeholder vote for !Ultarune up.

Items were supposed to be random and yet he got it 2 nights in a row and both times he caused problems.

He is actively hurting the village as opposed to helping it.

What point is there in killing him for saving his own skin?

that doesn't get us anywhere

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008

The raven kill is always marked the same way, so I think the snake kill would have the same effect. Random vigilante, maybe?

I don't think it's the snake, but I hadn't accounted for that one.
    What are you talking about?
    Night 1: "The dead man's face is blue and there is a clear red ring around his neck"
    Night 2: "it is clear that someone choked the life out of him"
    Night 3: "raw red mark on his neck and notice the blue tint to Shamus’ lips"

Seems fairly consistent to me. In all cases, the snake wraped around the victim's neck and choked them.

Richy on
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.