As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Guitar Hero: Fat bottomed girls (and guys) welcome

glithertglithert Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Games and Technology
So, Guitar Hero. The third one. lots of people bought it. I don't think I need to elaborate on the game, because, come on. It's guitar hero. You know what that is.

• Join our tour group, Wang Camaro!

We will build a wing-wong of epic proportions. Track your in-game progress, compare scores and join tournaments with the rest of the Penny Arcadians on guitarhero.com. Go to the Guitar Hero 3 community site, register, link your account to your console and join up our tour group, Wang Camaro. Note: Neversoft and RO apparently thought GH3 was going to be a niche, underground title, because the sheer mass of users has broken their site. If you get an "invalid slot token" error when trying to link your account, just try again in a few hours.

Also, Wii owners can hit up our official Wii Friend Code database by clicking here.

ALSO:
Q: My Les Paul is dropping notes! Whatever will I do?

A:Get an index card. Put it in between the neck and the body so it won't move it around as much. Then, push it all the way down, and tape it into place. I used electricians tape because it's the same color as the guitar.
ADDENDUM: THIS DOESN"T FUCKING WORK GOD DAMN IT ALL TO HELL

Oh hey whats this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSNLfa1VPwo
Man, this OP just keeps on getting bigger, like a happy (catholic) family.

E3 CRAP: I heard that Death Magnetic would be a full album download, for what game I don't know, and something about Van Halen. My stream crapped out, don't yell at me. SO ANYWAY it looks like nobody really cares

People should care about this, though. The full setlist. actually, that's a lie. It's not really good or bad. Just meh.
30 Seconds To Mars--The Kill
311--Beautiful Disaster
Airbourne--Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast
The Allman Brothers Band--Ramblin' Man
Anouk--Good God
The Answer--Never Too Late
At the Drive-In--One Armed Scissor
Beastie Boys--No Sleep Till Brooklyn
Beatsteaks--Hail To The Freaks
Billy Idol--Rebel Yell
Black Label Society--Stillborn
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club--Weapon of Choice
blink-182--Dammit
Blondie--One Way or Another
Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band--Hollywood Nights
Bon Jovi--Livin' on a Prayer
Bullet for My Valentine--Scream Aim Fire
Coldplay--Shiver
Creedence Clearwater Revival--Up Around the Bend
The Cult--Love Removal Machine
Dinosaur Jr.--Feel the Pain
The Doors--Love Me Two Times
Dream Theater--Pull Me Under
The Eagles--Hotel California
The Enemy--Aggro
Filter--Hey Man, Nice Shot
Fleetwood Mac--Go Your Own Way
Foo Fighters--Everlong
The Guess Who--American Woman
HushPuppies--You're Gonna Say Yeah!
Interpol--Obstacle 1
Jane's Addiction--Mountain Song
Jimi Hendrix--The Wind Cries Mary
Jimi Hendrix--Purple Haze (Live)
Jimmy Eat World--The Middle
Joe Satriani--Satch Boogie
Kent--Vinternoll2
Korn--Freak on a Leash
Lacuna Coil--Our Truth
Lenny Kravitz--Are You Gonna Go My Way
Linkin Park--What I've Done
The Living End--Prisoner of Society
Los Lobos--La Bamba
Lostprophets--Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)
Lynyrd Skynyrd--Sweet Home Alabama (Live)
The Mars Volta--L'Via L'Viaquez
MC5's Wayne Kramer--Kick Out the Jams
Metallica--Trapped Under Ice
Michael Jackson--Beat It
Modest Mouse--Float On
Motorhead--Overkill
Muse--Assassin
Negramaro--Nuvole e Lenzuola
Nirvana--About A Girl [Unplugged]
No Doubt--Spiderwebs
NOFX--Soul Doubt
Oasis--Some Might Say
Ozzy Osbourne--Crazy Train
Ozzy Osbourne--Mr. Crowley
Paramore--Misery Business
Pat Benatar--Heartbreaker
Radio Futura--Escuela De Calor
R.E.M.--The One I Love
Rise Against--Re-Education Through Labor
Sex Pistols--Pretty Vacant
Silversun Pickups--Lazy Eye
Smashing Pumpkins--Today
Steely Dan--Do It Again
Steve Miller Band--The Joker
Sting--Demolition Man (Live)
The Stone Roses--Love Spreads
Stuck in the Sound--Toy Boy
Sublime--Santeria
Survivor--Eye of the Tiger
System Of A Down--B.Y.O.B.
Ted Nugent--Stranglehold
Ted Nugent--Original Guitar Duel Recording
Tokio Hotel--Monsoon
Tool--Parabola
Tool--Schism
Tool--Vicarious
Trust--Antisocial
Van Halen--Hot For Teacher
Willie Nelson--On The Road Again
Wings--Band on the Run
Zakk Wylde--Original Guitar Duel Recording

Also no there is no Guitar Hero: Christian rock edition. WT is about fighting the devil, though, so that's cool. Or not.

So there you go. Whine about Raining Blood and/or the Devil or whatever it is you were doing in the last thread.

glithert on

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So I haven't played GHIII in around 5 months (sold it off after getting RB) but I just got it again from Goozex this evening.

All I can say is, damn am I rusty. I've nearly FC'd The Metal more than once but I could barely squeeze a 4 star out of it and I could only 3 star Cliffs of Dover. Time to go back to the woodshed.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    No, on tour is the ds version. But either would work, I guess.

glithert on
  • Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm just getting back into this. My save-game was deleted when my PS3 died, so I was sluggish in getting back to where I was. Anyway, I'm up a few tiers now, and it seems like I'm doing a bit better than before.

Also, does anyone know of a PS2 adapter that would allow the PS2 guitar to work on the PS3 GH3 game? I have a friend with the PS2 Guitar Heroes and a PS2 guitar, and we'd like to play together.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    slash is totally going to buy On Tour. Then we can make fun of him.

mcdermott on
  • Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That commercial has to be one of the worst since the N64 starfox kidnap sega guy commercial.

Mace1370 on
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Retarded video aside, On Tour actually looks fun to play. I've always said that while you can shit on them for the "x-treme" path and presentation they've taken, the actual mechanic of getting that game onto a DS is pretty cool and clever.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    I have to say.

The autograph attack is awesome.

FyreWulff on
  • Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Retarded video aside, On Tour actually looks fun to play. I've always said that while you can shit on them for the "x-treme" path and presentation they've taken, the actual mechanic of getting that game onto a DS is pretty cool and clever.

Forcing people to use "the grip" or whatever will cut down on piracy too.

Mace1370 on
    edited May 2008
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I have to say.

The autograph attack is awesome.

What about the attack where the screens flip around? you wouldn't even be able to play the game. Really it just likes like the battle mode from GH3 except worse. Much worse.

glithert on
  • theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    We cutting out all the info of the original thread?

theantipop on
    edited May 2008
    I don't think anybody really cares, to be honest.

Edit: I added the only part that looks useful

glithert on
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    New thread eh. Well, I absolutely love the first two Guitar Hero games, still play them from time to time. Then came GH3. Yeah...so I jumped ship to Rock Band and haven't been disappointed.

Anyway, I haven't really been paying too much attention to Guitar Hero since then, only seeing about the DS game that I don't think I'm going to get, however GH4 looks promising if only for the apparent create your own track mode I've heard about. If they do it right I'll definitely be getting the next one if only for that, because it's going to be the only way I ever see a ton of stuff that i want to play in these games.

Schide on
  • CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Am I the only person excited about Guitar Hero: Aerosmith? The songs announced thus far have been pretty great, and the difficulty is supposed to be adjusted back towards Guitar Hero 2 levels. I'll be honest though, I was pretty much sold when "Walk This Way" was announced as one of the songs. I'm rather fond of the song.

I still can't believe that the advertisement for Guitar Hero: On Tour was given the go ahead. It's such an immensely idiotic bit of crap that begins to approach "All I Want for Christmas is a PSP" in stupidity. There is one redeeming feature of the battle mode in On Tour. I don't think it matters how you sign the autograph.
    I'd sign it as a wang.
    :winky:

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm buying on tour, I've heard nothing but good things from play-tests saying that it's a solid and entertaining portable Guitar Hero game.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Regardless of the quality of On Tour, you've got to admit that the ad for it is fairly silly.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Regardless of the quality of On Tour, you've got to admit that the ad for it is fairly silly.
    Incredibly, but if we didn't buy every decent product that had a shitty ad then what would we miss out on?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Notice the DS needs charging.

DarkPrimus on
    edited May 2008
    Am I the only person excited about Guitar Hero: Aerosmith? The songs announced thus far have been pretty great, and the difficulty is supposed to be adjusted back towards Guitar Hero 2 levels. I'll be honest though, I was pretty much sold when "Walk This Way" was announced as one of the songs. I'm rather fond of the song.

Well, I'm actually a bit of an Aerosmith fan (though slightly less so since Get a Grip), so yeah. I'm worried about the difficult adjustment (timing-window-wise) because I've barely gotten GH3 playable on my HDTV, but other than that the tracklist actually looks decent. It's a pretty likely pick-up for me.

Though if it comes down to what I've got the cash for, I'll probably buy Lego Indiana Jones first, and wait to get Guitar Hero: Aerosmith until I head back to school (where the HDTV won't be an issue).

mcdermott on
    edited May 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    You talking about the fact that it has no power indicator on it?

The_Spaniard on
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Guitar Hero IV - Totally NOT Rock Band, We're Super Serial Edition

quovadis13 on
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Holy shit. The thread title isn't kidding. To activate star power you have to yell rock out and press a face button? Whoever thought that would be a good idea should be slapped.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    You talking about the fact that it has no power indicator on it?

But it does. In one of the close-up shots you can see the power indicator clearly - and it is red.

DarkPrimus on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Chen wrote: »
    Holy shit. The thread title isn't kidding. To activate star power you have to yell rock out and press a face button? Whoever thought that would be a good idea should be slapped.

You may either:
    A: Yell "Rock Out"
    B: Push a button
    It gives you a choice so you can look like slightly LESS of an idiot while playing on the subway. :D

I'm going to have to say that it doesn't look like it will work on the original DS. The GBA slot is shorter on the Lite, and the attachment slides into it completely to connect up, so it wouldn't connect or slide on properly on the original DS. The fact that they haven't advertised this makes me wonder if there will be a bunch of people returning the game when they find out it doesn't fit.
    I see lots of people asking in forums if it fits or not, and no official responses from Activision or reviewers.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Honestly, if you're still using an original DS, do yourself a favor and get a DS Lite.

I don't see the non-original DS factor to be much of a problem. The demographic that is going to buy this mostly didn't jump on the DS bandwagon until the Lite.

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
    edited May 2008
    Honestly, if you're still using an original DS, do yourself a favor and get a DS Lite.

I don't see the non-original DS factor to be much of a problem. The demographic that is going to buy this mostly didn't jump on the DS bandwagon until the Lite.

Yeah, seriously, if you already have a system that works for every other game, you should totally go drop $130 on new one.

Got $130 I can borrow?

mcdermott on
  • KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I thirst for more fresh content regarding GH4. I need to know if I should start saving up for it or not. D:

Kris on
    edited May 2008
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Chen wrote: »

You may either:
    A: Yell "Rock Out"
    B: Push a button
    It gives you a choice so you can look like slightly LESS of an idiot while playing on the subway. :D

I'm going to have to say that it doesn't look like it will work on the original DS. The GBA slot is shorter on the Lite, and the attachment slides into it completely to connect up, so it wouldn't connect or slide on properly on the original DS. The fact that they haven't advertised this makes me wonder if there will be a bunch of people returning the game when they find out it doesn't fit.
    I see lots of people asking in forums if it fits or not, and no official responses from Activision or reviewers.
    IGN's latest hands on preview vid shows that the game also includes an adapter for original DSii.

The_Spaniard on
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    DS Phat owners belong in the Squinty Ghetto anyway! :rotate:

As an aside, I know it's even more maligned than GH Aerosmith but GH Rocks the '80s is actually on clearance at Radio Shack for about $15. The game never really stuck with me, and I ended up trading it in for about what I paid for it, but if anyone's in the mood for more action it might be worth picking up. Holy Diver and Seventeen are fantastic to play.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My thread was better and had a better name.

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
    edited May 2008
    GertBeef wrote: »
    This thread is bad and it should feel bad?

The_Spaniard on
  • ShlankShlank Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    suggest changing the thread title to 'Guitar Hero: WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE'

Shlank on
    Shlankx.png
    edited May 2008
    Or perhaps "Rock Ba... er... Guitar Hero."

Kris on
  • theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    GertBeef wrote: »

It also had less ego shots from bad CRTs.

theantipop on
  • ShlankShlank Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    GREEN RED YELLOW BLUE WHAT WILL YOU DOOOOOOOOOO??????????

Shlank on
    Shlankx.png
    edited May 2008
    Shlank wrote: »
    GREEN RED YELLOW BLUE WHAT WILL YOU DOOOOOOOOOO??????????
    This ad would have been better with DISCO STUUUUUUUUU!!!!

The_Spaniard on
    edited May 2008
    Was the horrible mid-puberty style mustache that guy in the ad was rockin' supposed to be making fun of something? A reference I'm not getting perhaps? Or was he just a douche? :P

Kris on
    edited May 2008
    Kris wrote: »
    Was the horrible mid-puberty style mustache that guy in the ad was rockin' supposed to be making fun of something? A reference I'm not getting perhaps? Or was he just a douche? :P
    Just being a DOOOOUUUUUCHE YEAAAAAAAH!

The_Spaniard on
  • troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    as obxious as that ad was.. I guess partially on purpose? (Still not as bad as that damn "Battle of the Bands" or whatever game for the Wii)

I think I'll still probably pick up on tour at some point. Not a really big GH guy, but I doubt they will be making rock band for DS BUT HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE M RITE?

troublebrewing on
  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Lunker wrote: »
    DS Phat owners belong in the Squinty Ghetto anyway! :rotate:

As an aside, I know it's even more maligned than GH Aerosmith but GH Rocks the '80s is actually on clearance at Radio Shack for about $15. The game never really stuck with me, and I ended up trading it in for about what I paid for it, but if anyone's in the mood for more action it might be worth picking up. Holy Diver and Seventeen are fantastic to play.

Does GH 80s work with the GH3 controller?

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    This thread should be called

"Guitar Hero: It's called Rock Band, I think."

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow