As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Battlestar Galactica: Now containing un[spoiler]'d [spoiler]s. (Check OP for info.)

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ...I haven't seen the last three episodes yet. I'm watching 4x04 now.

I genuinely like the character (and the actor) almost leaps and bounds above everyone except Olmos/Adama.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Watched the episode and quite liked it.

I'm half left wondering if we'll see what happened in the next episode or not.

Cade on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Drez wrote: »

I genuinely like the character (and the actor) almost leaps and bounds above everyone except Olmos/Adama.
    If we're talking actors then Tricia Helfer is blowing me away this season. It is a damn shame she won't win any awards considering she's playing like half the fucking pivotal characters in the story and managing to keep them all differentiated.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I really thought that
    Gaeta would be chosen, cause Adama was so freaking obvious. Boy was I wrong/disappointed. Then that whole gun scene seemed so forced/totally out of character with what we know of Romo

Romo:
    That did seem a bit out of place, but if you think about him doing it purposely to see if Lee would break, it makes more sense; he did end the entire thing by asking him to "swear it", which they then merged into Lee's inauguration.

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Drez wrote: »

I too love the chief.
    Out of the 4, he seems to be the only one now really freaking out over it. Tory has full on accepted it, and Anders and Tigh so far don't seem to be doing all that much. We get the occasional worried glance, but that's it so far. Meanwhile Tyrol is going off on Adama, either having a mental breakdown due to all the shit that's gone down, or secretly because he wants to be in a position of least importance in case he goes schizo. I also think he's one of the most interesting characters thus far.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • smurfbizkitsmurfbizkit Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Watching the latest episode, and I have a new theory. Though I'm not done yet. My theory is that
    When the six died, she saw trees. And sorta looked peaceful when she went dead. Kara Thrace is the harbinger of death? Maybe they're supposed to die. Because earth is the afterlife. Eh? Eh?
    Or that Earth is the human ressurection hub, and now that they are closer to it...humans get ressurected there. This would explain starbuck...although would really cheapen the deaths lately, and would be a kinda messed up ending "ok to get to Earth you just have to kill yourselves...".

smurfbizkit on
    mec2_banner2.png
  • Nakatomi2010Nakatomi2010 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Watching the latest episode, and I have a new theory. Though I'm not done yet. My theory is that
    When the six died, she saw trees. And sorta looked peaceful when she went dead. Kara Thrace is the harbinger of death? Maybe they're supposed to die. Because earth is the afterlife. Eh? Eh?
    Or that Earth is the human ressurection hub, and now that they are closer to it...humans get ressurected there. This would explain starbuck...although would really cheapen the deaths lately, and would be a kinda messed up ending "ok to get to Earth you just have to kill yourselves...".
    well, Roslin and that Cancer chick were dreamin about a boat on a river near a forest[/spoiler

Nakatomi2010 on
    Check out me building my HTPC (NSF56K) (Updated 1-10-08)
    Movie Collection
    Foody Things
    Holy shit! Sony's new techno toy!
    Wii Friend code: 1445 3205 3057 5295
  • TheAlbaniacTheAlbaniac Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If we're talking actors then Tricia Helfer is blowing me away this season. It is a damn shame she won't win any awards considering she's playing like half the fucking pivotal characters in the story and managing to keep them all differentiated.

Agreed! I usually don't care much for the sci-fi token hot-woman-playing-pivotal-role, mediocre acting, way too hot, and really just there for eye-candy. I don't mind too much because of said eye-candy value, but it always irritates me.

Tricia Helfer is incredible though. Amazing acting!

TheAlbaniac on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    She's been awesome since the pilot when she broke the babies neck. That look when it stops crying. Perfection.

desperaterobots on
  • CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, Tricia Helfer is a really good actor. Especially considering she's a fucking model, which isn't exactly the best acting pedigree. I fully expected to hate her when I first watched the show, but, man... she's gone above and beyond token eye candy.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • TheAlbaniacTheAlbaniac Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Tricia Helfer can have my baby (to snap it's neck, if she so wishes)!

TheAlbaniac on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I really don't think so. Else, why have Natalie make that speech about how humans are mortal?

Which, by the way, was awesome.

Tamin on
  • FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Tamin wrote: »
    I really don't think so. Else, why have Natalie make that speech about how humans are mortal?

...she doesn't know?

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2008
    Fallingman wrote: »

...she doesn't know?

From the meta-perspective, though. Besides, if true, what happens when
    people die on earth? Or would they effectively be immortal, and able to take the fight to the Cylons?

I suppose they could disable their own ressurection hub when they get there, inspired by Natalie's speech, though I just don't like the idea.

Tamin on
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

...she doesn't know?

people die on earth? Or would they effectively be immortal, and able to take the fight to the Cylons?

I suppose they could disable their own ressurection hub when they get there, inspired by Natalie's speech, though I just don't like the idea.

It would be the ultimate reverse-screwjob.
    Instead of killing off everybody, we get to Earth to see that... everybody's alive? Callie and Billy, all the Viper pilots, and such. And everybody lives happily ever after.

Or until they realize the horror of eternal life. So they decide to leave Earth in search of new colonies to get away from the resurrection hub. And oh my god, it all happened before, and it's happening again.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

...she doesn't know?

It would be the ultimate reverse-screwjob.
    Instead of killing off everybody, we get to Earth to see that... everybody's alive? Callie and Billy, all the Viper pilots, and such. And everybody lives happily ever after.

Or until they realize the horror of eternal life. So they decide to leave Earth in search of new colonies to get away from the resurrection hub. And oh my god, it all happened before, and it's happening again.
    So they have copies of every human every made? o_0 What to do about the humans yet to be born when the Earth Hub was built? What to do about them.

It would be an interesting idea for the basis of an explanation - but I hope they have something less copoutish. . .

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Especially considering we just learned that the final five are different and can apparently makin' ze bebis.

Imperfect on
  • SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Especially considering we just learned that the final five are different and can apparently makin' ze bebis.

Well, we kinda always knew they could seeing as how
    Tyrol has a kid. What we learned is that they can reproduce with the 7 known models as well as humans.

Snarfmaster on
  • SakebombSakebomb Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I read the spoilers.....

I read them all.
    I feel so dirty now.

Sakebomb on
  • SolandraSolandra Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I read them all, too, with the secret glee of a kid snooping under the christmas tree. I can't WAIT to watch it unfold!!

Solandra on
  • RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I haven't, and I need to stop while I'm ahead. I have a feeling the final Cylon is going to be revealed. Yeesh.

I don't want to know.

RocketSauce on
  • SakebombSakebomb Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Should start a poll for who we think the final cylon is....

Sakebomb on
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Imperfect wrote: »

Well, we kinda always knew they could seeing as how
    Tyrol has a kid. What we learned is that they can reproduce with the 7 known models as well as humans.
    Yeah, but Callie's a hu-nam, and we've always known hybrids are possible. Tigh/Caprica Six's bebi is all-cylon. This is NEW.

Imperfect on
  • StormyWatersStormyWaters Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Sakebomb wrote: »

no need everyone knows it's zarek

StormyWaters on
  • RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

You spelled 'Dualla' wrong.

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It's Hot Dog, guys.

Gorilla Salad on
  • EliteBattlemanEliteBattleman Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    RoundBoy wrote: »

You spelled 'Badger' wrong.

EliteBattleman on
    This is my sig.
    There are many others like it, but this one is mine.
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'll put five bucks on
    Laura Roslin. That's right.

MrMonroe on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It has 4 holes!

MKR on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    First it was Battlestar Iraqtica!

Now it's...
    Lee Obama?

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Now it's...
    Lee Obama?
    You know I always thought Tigh had a striking resemblance to John McCain

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Zoel wrote: »

Now it's...
    Lee Obama?
    You know I always thought Tigh had a striking resemblance to John McCain
    Things that are older than Tigh:
    1)John McCain

MKR on
  • VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Husker is back baby!! :)

VoodooV on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, Romo Lampkin is crazy.

DarkPrimus on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    VoodooV wrote: »
    Husker is back baby!! :)
    I squeeled with delight when that happened.

Also
    as a cat lover I'd be totally pissed if some asses killed what is possibly the last cat in existence as far as I know

electricitylikesme on
  • LavenlianLavenlian Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I was hoping to get just a bit of our good old friend, Mr. Gaeta. I hope he reemerges in some considerable role.

Lavenlian on
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So is the final cylon going to be
    The 100% cylon baby?

Schrodinger on
    edited May 2008
    So is the final cylon going to be
    The 100% cylon baby?

I believe we've been told it'll have been someone we've been following for a while. Plus, it feels kind of copout-ish.

Tamin on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    I'll put five bucks on
    Much to obvious. It will be...
    anyone but Roslin.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    I'll put five bucks on
    Much to obvious. It will be...
    anyone but Roslin.
    Well, if you believe what the preview for next week's episode implied:
    SERIOUSLY DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET POTENTIALLY SPOILED FOR NEXT WEEK.
    Apparently D'anna is un-boxed next week, and at the end of the preview, it shows her looking at someone and saying something like "You didn't know you were one of the final five?" It then cuts to Roslin looking at her wide-eyed, which strongly suggests she was asking this of Roslin. Of course, it could have just been a misleading cut and D'anna was talking to someone else, but I don't remember if Anders was with them or not. Tyrol, Tory, and Tigh were all still on Galactica after the jump, so the only other person it could have been is Anders. The preview certainly seems to imply though that it's Roslin.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
This discussion has been closed.