As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Guitar Hero: Fat bottomed girls (and guys) welcome

• LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Lunker wrote: »
    DS Phat owners belong in the Squinty Ghetto anyway! :rotate:

As an aside, I know it's even more maligned than GH Aerosmith but GH Rocks the '80s is actually on clearance at Radio Shack for about $15. The game never really stuck with me, and I ended up trading it in for about what I paid for it, but if anyone's in the mood for more action it might be worth picking up. Holy Diver and Seventeen are fantastic to play.

Does GH 80s work with the GH3 controller?

It should, seeing how '80s is essentially GH2.5 and the Les Paul works fine in GH2. But I haven't tried it myself; again, I ended up trading in the disc.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    While it took some doing, I'm starting to regain my old form on GHIII.

I still haven't set any new high scores yet, but I'm at least back to 5 starring everything I used to be able to.

Also, got a chance to go through the Dropkick Murphy's pack, and they're pretty fun. I'm going to work this weekend on getting a good run through (F)lannigan's Hall to get the 500,000 achievement.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    mxmarks wrote: »
    This thread should be called

"Guitar Hero: It's called Rock Band, I think."

Yes. A thousand times yes.

I'm getting better against Lou on Hard, but I'm always destroyed when he activates Double Notes prior to a large HOPO section. I don't think there's anything that can be honestly done about something like that. :lol: So instead I'm getting further in the Expert career, and soon I'll pass "Welcome to the Jungle". Then I just learn the trick to beating Lou on Expert and probably by that point I'll be able to take on Lou on Hard.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm retarded.
    How do you change the thread title?

glithert on
    edited May 2008
    Don't you edit your post that started the thread?

The Solos in Cult of Personality are great fun to play now that I've practiced them a bunch. There is little more satisfying then nailing a long, long chain of HOPO notes.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2008
    There you go
    Are you happy now

glithert on
    edited May 2008
    more happy than you will ever know

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2008
    theantipop wrote: »
    GertBeef wrote: »
    My thread was better and had a better name.

It also had less ego shots from bad CRTs.

Hey hey hey
    It's a joke

glithert on
  • Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    glithert wrote: »
    theantipop wrote: »
    GertBeef wrote: »
    My thread was better and had a better name.

It also had less ego shots from bad CRTs.

Hey hey hey
    It's a joke

You're right.

It is a joke.

Or it will be very soon when I get around to besting it!

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
    edited May 2008
    Come on
    Anyone who read the last thread should have seen it wasn't serious
    I mean remember that really bad photoshop Slash made
    How can you take that seriously
    And that second score was just a fluke. I wasn't trying to best yours, but I did out of no where so I took a picture

glithert on
    edited May 2008
    Come on
    Anyone who read the last thread should have seen it wasn't serious
    I mean remember that really bad photoshop Slash made
    How can you take that seriously
    And that second score was just a fluke. I wasn't trying to best yours, but I did out of no where so I took a picture

Heh, don't worry, I'm painfully aware of the joke. It's just fun to have a song to rib each other on. And getting ahead of me is no problem. It's just motivation.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well it's on now. Run DMC Run DMC is in GH:Aerosmith.

The tracklist so far:

Venue: Nipmuc High School
    • Mott the Hoople – All the Young Dudes (Cover)
    • Cheap Trick – Dream Police
    • Aerosmith – Make It
    • Aerosmith – Uncle Salty
    • Aerosmith – Draw the Line

Venue: Max's Kansas City
    • Joan Jett – I Hate Myself for Loving You
    • The Kinks – All Day and All of the Night (Cover)
    • Aerosmith – Movin' Out
    • Aerosmith – No Surprize
    • Aerosmith – Sweet Emotion

Venue: The Orpheum Theater
    • The Clash – Complete Control
    • New York Dolls – Personality Crisis (Cover)
    • Aerosmith – Livin' on the Edge
    • Aersomith – Ragdoll
    • Aerosmith – Love in an Elevator

Venue: Half Time Show
    • Lenny Kravitz – Always on the Run
    • Black Crowes – Hard to Handle (Cover)
    • Aerosmith – Back in the Saddle
    • Aerosmith – Beyond Beautiful
    • Aerosmith – Dream On

Venue: Moscow
    • The Cult – She Sells Sanctuary
    • Run-D.M.C. – King of Rock
    • Aerosmith – Bright Light Fright
    • Aerosmith – Nobody's Fault
    • Run-D.M.C. featuring Aerosmith – Walk This Way

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Why in hell is GH:A going to be 60 bucks? It should really be maybe 40 for a disc version, or 30 bucks for downloading it as an expansion pack of sorts to GH3.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
    edited May 2008
    Why is there no mention of a PC release? D: Please let that be an oversight. Though a tiny market compared to the consoles, it hurt bad enough to not get Rock Band.

There's one thing I still want to know about Guitar Hero: On Tour, and that's how Hard and Expert look. I've got no doubt that by increasing the speed of the incoming notes, adding more notes, and putting far more HOPO sections in will increase difficulty, but I still can't help but wonder just how it's going to look. I suppose YouTube will help me out after a certain point, but I'm impatient and would like to know now.

Oh my God.

Oh my God.

http://www.joystiq.com/photos/guitar-hero-on-tour-5-30-08/832038/

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    $50 my ass. :(

Kris on
    edited May 2008
    I'm getting it because I'm a whore.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    i-called-it.jpg

I jokingly suggested that King of Rock would end up in this. And look what fucking happened.

BlindPsychic on
    edited May 2008
    I'm starting to wonder what's worse: Rockband Wii missing features, or Activision/Neversoft being douches. I guess only time will tell... (although it's not looking good for the latter ATM).

Kris on
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yes. YEEEEESSSSSS.

Now I have to buy Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.

Edit: Wait, it's $60? God damn it.

One Thousand Cables on
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    mcdermott wrote: »
    slash is totally going to buy On Tour. Then we can make fun of him.

At this point, it's getting harder and harder even for me to really anticipate this game.

I like the peripheral, and I like the control scheme.

What I don't like: the track list that we know of so far (and the likely ~25 total songs), the idiotic gimmicks like blowing out fire, and most of all I'm skeptical that the DS game will be at all even remotely challenging to play.

The third issue I have? About it being not difficult at all? I'm not basing that conclusion on the fact that it only has 4 fret buttons; it's quite easy to make an extremely challenging song with only 4 frets. The reason I suspect that it'll be overly easy is because ever since the game was announced, they've been marketing it for some kind of mythical, overly casual, overly pop-music-centric whatever type of gamer.. as if Guitar Hero weren't already popular by casual gamers as it is... I'm afraid that they'll go about the note charts with the same attitude that they've taken towards the track list and just make it really watered down.

Besides the fact that there are some song overlaps, I just wouldn't get much out of the game if it's going to be relatively easy.

So yeah. I may not end up getting the thing if it only has 25 tracks, several repeats from GH3, and is too easy.

Guitar Hero Aerosmith? I'm a whore and I'll probably get the game. Just hope they stick to their guns about Expert being tough as it is.

slash000 on
  • Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    GH:A is going to be a bargain bin purchase for me. That tracklist really doesn't get me going, I'm not going to pay $60 for the 4 or 5 songs on that list that interest me.

Is this the right thread to voice general concern for the future of this genre of game? I'm worried that what was a fantastic idea is about to be completely ruined by a deluge of "must buy" plastic musical instruments that are incompatible with multiple, annual releases, and big price tags combined with artist/publisher exclusivity deals resulting in a fractured, overpriced genre that leads to consumer frustration and abandonment. A collective shark jump.

I honestly resent the possibility of having to buy a new set of plastic fucking drums on an annual basis.

Fatty McBeardo on
    edited May 2008

There is a...fish attack.
    I do not know what no say. No exaggeration.

glithert on
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Also, it looks like Pandora's making a return. Huh.

One Thousand Cables on
    edited May 2008

signthefishsa2.jpg

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Also, it looks like Pandora's making a return. Huh.

Which confounds me to no end and makes me wonder if Clive will make a return as well.

"Let's not put some of the better characters in our main game, but bring them back for this crappy little cash-in! Sounds logical to...somebody, I guess."

Also, that video in the OP gave me a heart attack from all the cheese. Hah...hah hah...ugh, I'll just leave out the back...

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • existexist Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

signthefishsa2.jpg

Who do I make it out to?

To yo mama?

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Any price announced for GH:On Tour? That's going to be a huge deciding factor.

Kyougu on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Kyougu wrote: »

I think it's expected at $50, which is fairly reasonable and understandable.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    That commercial has to be one of the worst since the N64 starfox kidnap sega guy commercial.

It pretty much settled any doubts I might have about buying this game.

I'm not fucking buying it.

Legba on
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Although really, it should just be released as a downloadable expansion of GH3.

Don't question me, just do it!

David_T on
    cu4c1c5yy0xr.png
    edited May 2008
    David_T wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Although really, it should just be released as a downloadable expansion of GH3.

Don't question me, just do it!

:| o_O D:

Kris on
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    toxk_02 wrote: »
    Well it's on now. Run DMC Run DMC is in GH:Aerosmith.

The tracklist so far:

Venue: Nipmuc High School
    • Mott the Hoople – All the Young Dudes (Cover)
    • Cheap Trick – Dream Police
    • Aerosmith – Make It
    • Aerosmith – Uncle Salty
    • Aerosmith – Draw the Line

Venue: Max's Kansas City
    • Joan Jett – I Hate Myself for Loving You
    • The Kinks – All Day and All of the Night (Cover)
    • Aerosmith – Movin' Out
    • Aerosmith – No Surprize
    • Aerosmith – Sweet Emotion

Venue: The Orpheum Theater
    • The Clash – Complete Control
    • New York Dolls – Personality Crisis (Cover)
    • Aerosmith – Livin' on the Edge
    • Aersomith – Ragdoll
    • Aerosmith – Love in an Elevator

Venue: Half Time Show
    • Lenny Kravitz – Always on the Run
    • Black Crowes – Hard to Handle (Cover)
    • Aerosmith – Back in the Saddle
    • Aerosmith – Beyond Beautiful
    • Aerosmith – Dream On

Venue: Moscow
    • The Cult – She Sells Sanctuary
    • Run-D.M.C. – King of Rock
    • Aerosmith – Bright Light Fright
    • Aerosmith – Nobody's Fault
    • Run-D.M.C. featuring Aerosmith – Walk This Way

Anyone know if this si going to be the order of the songs, or just a listing? I'm a bit worry if it's the true order though, as Dream On was insanely easy and a bit boring.

noir_blood on
    edited May 2008
    Not sure, what I can tell you for sure is that they announced that each set will be 2 non-Aerosmith songs followed by 3 consecutive aerosmith songs.

Hm. The thing is.. there aren't that many songs listed so far. Hopefully, for a $50/$60 title, this list isn't complete, and that there'll be more songs.

slash000 on
    edited May 2008
    slash000 wrote: »
    Not sure, what I can tell you for sure is that they announced that each set will be 2 non-Aerosmith songs followed by 3 consecutive aerosmith songs.

Hm. The thing is.. there aren't that many songs listed so far. Hopefully, for a $50/$60 title, this list isn't complete, and that there'll be more songs.

Yea..although at the same time, can anyone think of a better ending song than walk this way with DMC?

noir_blood on
    edited May 2008
    noir_blood wrote: »
    slash000 wrote: »

Yea..although at the same time, can anyone think of a better ending song than walk this way with DMC?

I was thinking that too. It's a good last song in terms of choice, so hopefully it will be difficult as well, if it turns out to be.

But I'm still hoping on this list being incomplete. 25 songs is too few.

slash000 on
    edited May 2008
    I've heard that the game will have 40 songs total, so I'm inclined to think that's not the entire list.

One Thousand Cables on
    edited May 2008
    So despite having the game since it first came out, yesterday I finally linked up my gamertag to the guitarhero website and joined wang camaro. I think my best ranking is in Story in my life, which I'm not really proud of, as that song is ridicuously easy to get over 300k. I hate that in the few contests and things I participated in, half the people pick it.

But anyways, I'm also finally trying some extra songs. Which are the good ones and which ones are the ones I should stear clear off? I'm not a fan of the Knight of Cydonia type of song, which just the same pattern of notes repeated ad naseum(hated one of the Dropkick murphy's song for that very reason) much prefer songs with lots of ho/po.

noir_blood on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well, since the sets are going chronologically, we've got approximately 47 bazillion power ballads that sound exactly the same to go.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    edited May 2008
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Well, since the sets are going chronologically, we've got approximately 47 bazillion power ballads that sound exactly the same to go.

Oh, they're going chronologically? I wasn't aware of that, so yeah, I guess there's a few more songs to go through. I don't know enough about Aerosmith to have noticed that.

noir_blood on
    edited June 2008
    noir_blood wrote: »
    So despite having the game since it first came out, yesterday I finally linked up my gamertag to the guitarhero website and joined wang camaro. I think my best ranking is in Story in my life, which I'm not really proud of, as that song is ridicuously easy to get over 300k. I hate that in the few contests and things I participated in, half the people pick it.

But anyways, I'm also finally trying some extra songs. Which are the good ones and which ones are the ones I should stear clear off? I'm not a fan of the Knight of Cydonia type of song, which just the same pattern of notes repeated ad naseum(hated one of the Dropkick murphy's song for that very reason) much prefer songs with lots of ho/po.

I like the No Doubt pack and the Classic Rock pack (Peace of Mind is especially good). The Foo Fighters and Velvet Revolver packs are not terrible, but they suffer from "realistic" hammer-ons. For singles, Ernten Was Wir Saen is pretty good.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png