As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Battlestar Galactica: Now containing un[spoiler]'d [spoiler]s. (Check OP for info.)

• LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    This episode was like a telenovela, with all the new twists and such.
    "You can't leave me, I'm carrying your child!"

Also, Lee's slicked back hair and opened shirt.

LavaKnight on
  • RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah.. WTF was with the previews for next week... it has to be a ploy.. as we were specificaly told what they showed can't be true.

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    RoundBoy wrote: »
    Yeah.. WTF was with the previews for next week... it has to be a ploy.. as we were specificaly told what they showed can't be true.
    Don't forget though, they did that for the season finale last year.
    At the end of the second-last episode, the preview shows the chief telling them "we're cylons, and we have been since the beginning." So it's not like it'd be the first time they gave away a major spoiler in the preview.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    RoundBoy wrote: »

It's not above that character to be coy and mess with people, especially given that they are pretty much holding a HUGE bit of information, and have no qualms about lording that over folks. I call shenanigans and in no way would they put that in a "preview".

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    There is no way in hell I'm watching the preview after that episode.

If I'd written that episode, I would have given Adama one more line
    in the Raptor:
    "Frack me, it's finally quiet enough to read."

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
    edited May 2008
    There is no way in hell I'm watching the preview after that episode.

If I'd written that episode, I would have given Adama one more line
    in the Raptor:
    "Frack me, it's finally quiet enough to read."

Haha. I dunno, that would be kinda corny. . .although I guess it depends on delivery. And yea the preview kinda spoils things, but not too much - just (as usual) whets your appetitie for Friday.

ED! on
    edited May 2008
    Seriously guys, I wouldn't put it past them that the episode plays out exactly how the preview implied.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    edited May 2008
    Well to date she has had mental escapades involving three cylons, so yea.

ED! on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So, every since the OP put in this title, it's been running from my head to the sewer very quickly. Especially seeing as
    the one who said it is currently having sex with one of the five.

Tamin on
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh man, whenever I see the following picture,
    foundoutalot.jpg
    (spoilered, for largeness. Its a scene from the latest episode that someone else posted, but It dosen't give away anything.)
    I get the giggles and picture this:
    my.php?image=foundoutalotcx1.jpg

Edit: I guess it cant link to imageshack like that to show the image in the post.... whoops.

Talking about an old subject:
    Its like theyve given up on head six and head baltar.... what was going on here? were they cylon programs, people projecting themselves, or really angels? Theyve made it clear that it isnt their subconciousness.

Also, why is there two models of six? This is very confusing to me.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Especially considering we just learned that the final five are different and can apparently makin' ze bebis.

Well, we kinda always knew they could seeing as how
    Tyrol has a kid. What we learned is that they can reproduce with the 7 known models as well as humans.

A related thought:
    Apparently "one of the five" and "one of the seven" can produce a child. I wonder if "one of the five" and "one of the five" can? My initial thought is yes, but we've already dealt with 'version incompatabilities' before.

Which brings us back to biology (in a realistic sense), where you have 2 species that can effective cross breed, but their offspring are sterile. I'm not sure if it's a perfect correlation, but it's something I'm pondering, especially along with the "cylon vision/network connections might be a transmissable 'disease'" thought from last thread.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • bychancebychance Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well its about time.

bychance on
  • bychancebychance Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Preview for 'The Hub' next Friday

bychance on
  • saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    bychance wrote: »

WHAT THE FUCK

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    saggio wrote: »

WHAT THE FUCK

That's the first time I've ever given in and watched a preview. What the fuck kind of preview is that? Someone needs to be sodomised with a corrugated iron pipe for that level of spoilerage.

Also with the latest ep, I found it kinda stupid. Like they were searching for some epic conclusion and said
    Hey, Romo is crazy. We'll make him POINT A GUN at Lee. Yeah, gun pointing makes stuff more epic.

theSquid on
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    saggio wrote: »

WHAT THE FUCK

I have two guesses as to how it will unfold

A) Anders is in the room with them

B) She is trying to fuck with roslins head big time

Either way, it could be anything with the clever way the BSG guys do editing. I mean, on one of the dvd's where baltar thinks he's a cyclon, that episodes thumbnail is him in a resurrection pool

EDIT:
    theSquid wrote: »
    Hey, Romo is crazy. We'll make him POINT A GUN at Lee. Yeah, gun pointing makes stuff more epic.
    I thought it was fairly obvious Romo was testing Lee. While it seems bluntly obvious to us that he would become president, Lee's character does not want the job. He only steps up when he knows he has to. Romo's way to making him see that was to put him at gunpoint until he saw that he had to step up. Hence the swearing in right after the gun pointing

ronzo on
    edited June 2008
    Man I warned you guys.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Badger's handwriting is fucking awful.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    Badger's handwriting is fucking awful.

When I first saw romo i was like "i know that dude from somewhere"

then he took the sunglasses off and i was all ooooohhhhhhh

ronzo on
  • MutePrezMutePrez Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So about Six
    being all preggers and possibly having a 100% cylon baby... What if it's Baltar's? (going way back in the earlier seasons with head six saying the child would be born in the brig) We know he visited her while she was in the brig, perhaps they had some sexy times. I know it was strongly implied that "their child" was actually Hera, but I wouldn't put it past them to have Baltar and Six have a child, and the baby would be a hybrid after all

Just throwing that out there

MutePrez on
  • ZyreZyre Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Okay, it's been awhile. Way back in the first season, Baltar created a cylon detection machine that did work, but he was too scared to admit it for fear of the cylon's killing him. What happened to this machine and why isn't it being used to test who the final five are? I'm having a vague recolection of Adama ordering it destroyed in a later season but I don't remember why or how.

It was a really long process, he could only test 1 person's blood like every so many hours so it was going to take so many months or years to test everyone in the fleet. How many people do you think he got tested?

I know at some point the 7 models all became known to the colonials and his machine became useless, still I wonder if he could have found the final 5 with it.

Zyre on
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Zyre wrote: »
    Okay, it's been awhile. Way back in the first season, Baltar created a cylon detection machine that did work, but he was too scared to admit it for fear of the cylon's killing him. What happened to this machine and why isn't it being used to test who the final five are? I'm having a vague recolection of Adama ordering it destroyed in a later season but I don't remember why or how.

It was a really long process, he could only test 1 person's blood like every so many hours so it was going to take so many months or years to test everyone in the fleet. How many people do you think he got tested?

I know at some point the 7 models all became known to the colonials and his machine became useless, still I wonder if he could have found the final 5 with it.

They thought the test was busted because it "didn't" catch Sharon, so they gave up on it. Also, Baltar became a traitor.

Tomanta on
  • RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If what was implied by the preview turns out to be true... I'm totally going to make this the last season i watch BSG.

:winky:

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just realized now that
    the cat wasn't actually in the scenes in Lampkin's quarters, it was all in his head.

Makes that whole part a lot more understandable to me now.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    In that preview...
    It appeared, to me, that Roslin was looking at someone else when Diana spoke about the final Cylon. Watch it again, her head totally isn't looking at Diana until Diana finished speaking. I don't think she was talking to Roslin at all. I guess we'll have to just wait until Friday to find out. The preview also had the text "All will be revealed," so I wonder if they're actually going to answer a ton of questions in that episode and let the shit hit the fan for the rest of the season.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just realized now that
    the cat wasn't actually in the scenes in Lampkin's quarters, it was all in his head.

Makes that whole part a lot more understandable to me now.
    Now we have head animals. All this imaginary stuff makes me think they'll get to earth and land in the middle of Bob Newheart's bedroom.

Snarfmaster on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Dashui wrote: »
    In that preview...
    It appeared, to me, that Roslin was looking at someone else when Diana spoke about the final Cylon. Watch it again, her head totally isn't looking at Diana until Diana finished speaking. I don't think she was talking to Roslin at all. I guess we'll have to just wait until Friday to find out. The preview also had the text "All will be revealed," so I wonder if they're actually going to answer a ton of questions in that episode and let the shit hit the fan for the rest of the season.

Every preview has said "all will be revealed." :P

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    edited June 2008
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    In that preview...

Every preview has said "all will be revealed." :P

She was clearly talking to:
    Race Track
    jk

Drez on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    MutePrez wrote: »
    So about Six
    being all preggers and possibly having a 100% cylon baby... What if it's Baltar's? (going way back in the earlier seasons with head six saying the child would be born in the brig) We know he visited her while she was in the brig, perhaps they had some sexy times. I know it was strongly implied that "their child" was actually Hera, but I wouldn't put it past them to have Baltar and Six have a child, and the baby would be a hybrid after all

Just throwing that out there

Going over the time line for the recaps, the last time
    Baltar and Six
    were together was back in the last season.

For every time between The Eye of Jupiter and the end of the season, Baltar was in his own cell. And since then, he's been in his
    harem closet.

When was this
    visit
    you mention?

Tamin on
  • LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    In that preview...

I have a feeling that it's not what we're going to expect...
    Specifically, that question is ambiguous enough to have been directed at Tyrol or Anders, and not the final Cylon. I don't think the question was directed at Roslin either, but that she was reacting to the person who was "outed".

LavaKnight on
    edited June 2008
    LavaKnight wrote: »
    In that preview...

Specifically, that question is ambiguous enough to have been directed at Tyrol or Anders, and not the final Cylon. I don't think the question was directed at Roslin either, but that she was reacting to the person who was "outed".
    I bet it's Husker.

Drez on
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    In that preview...

Ah, that's right. I forgot they were on the ship, too. That's what happens when you're tired. So you're probably right that she's not addressing the final Cylon and just addressing Tyrol or Anders. It should be a great episode, either way. I can't wait to see Roslin's reaction in full force.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    I bet it's Husker.
    This was my thoughts but didn't they effectively state the last cylon isn't in the Last Supper pic?

Though watching Adama slowly die of asphyxiation while waiting for his lost love to return would be awesomely brutal. Then a quick end of episode scene of Adama waking up in a pool of goo.....

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited June 2008
    In that preview...

It could be Anders, but Tyrol was still onboard the Galactica when Athena went postal. Remember she asked him to pick up Hera for her while she put a cap in Natalie's head. Which means Tigh, Tory, and the Chief were still all aboard Galactica when the basestar jumped away.

So basically, Dianna (Diana? D'anna?) was either talking to Anders or the final Cylon, whoever that is.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
  • SolandraSolandra Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Zyre wrote: »

In rewatching that series of eps, I was under the impression that he sabotaged the test itself so that no one would appear to be a cylon.

Solandra on
  • robotbeboprobotbebop Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    He said the test was negative when Boomer tested positive, so they think it's a pile of junk.

robotbebop on
    Do not feel trapped by the need to achieve anything, this way you achieve everything.

Oh, hey I'm making a game! Check it out: Dr. Weirdo!
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    In that last episode with Athena, etc. etc. - where the fuck was Helo?

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

Isn't Helo
    On da basestar with Roslin and Baltar?

Greeper on
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Greeper wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

Isn't Helo

I really hope so.

Also, the final cylon is Badger.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Greeper wrote: »
    Isn't Helo
    Adama certainly implied that when he told Athena she'd killed her husband.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
This discussion has been closed.