As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

3 New Dews?

• Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    I drink Pepsi because it has better sales at Rite Aid and I need my soda in the morning
    But if I run out, I'm not averse to hitting the Coke machine down the street, where a can costs fifty cents

Me Too! on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I do like Cherry Coke though.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I have always preferred Pepsi to Coke, but I do like to mix it up now and then

You get sick of one cola after a while

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    black kiwi tomato flavour
    i'm trying to picture that
    i hate tomato drinks though so it makes it more likely to fail

mully on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The US has the best soft drinks. I remember going to the supermarket for the first time when I was at college and just marveling at an entire aisle full of carbonated, sugary goodness.

Vivixenne on
  • CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Vanilla Coke (now Coke Vanilla) is delicious.

I might catch hell for this and I don't care.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I love watching people on the internet freak out and cry about not drinking soda anymore. Acting like it's a major addiction, and giving it up is gonna be sooooo hard because they can't do the dew.

It's funny stuff.

HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO NOT DRINK SODA?!? It's soda. Don't you get that? You can't just not drink it. What are you? Retarded?

Filler Inc. on
    edited June 2008
    Vivixenne wrote: »

God, Cherry Coke is delicious

Though pretty much Cherry Anything is delicious

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Faricazy wrote: »
    One of the things I miss most about the States is Code Red. :(
    hi5 viv

weren't they going to do a reissue? i'll buy code red, pepsi. make some. you know you want to.

can you guys not get code red?

I still see it all over the place

an no one has mentioned livewire which was the best

ZeroFill on
    edited June 2008
    Vanilla Coke is great
    Diet Pepsi Vanilla is like if someone shit in a blender with vanilla ice cream in it

Me Too! on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Nah man Vanilla Coke is pretty cool.

Hard to find around here though.

DarkPrimus on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I have never had Pepsi Blue

I guess this is a good thing, but it is such a bright blue and I love blue drinks

I have to wonder what could have tasted so bad about it

Its awfulness is difficult to describe. Cloying sweetness with an artificial berry aftertaste that was more like bubblegum.

Pepsi blue is the only soda offshoot that was ever worthwhile. The worst ever was vanilla coke.

My sophomore year of high school I didn't use my locker, but I bought a 20z mountain dew every morning. So I started putting all of the empty bottles in my locker until it was literally crammed full of old dew bottles and you had to open it all careful-like.

One day I opened it in front of our janitor by accident and he was all 'GODDAMMIT GET THOSE MOTHERFUCKIN' BOTTLES OUT THAT LOCKER RIGHT DAMN NOW'

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    What does Mountain Dew taste like? We don't have it here.

An extremely sweet version of Sprite.

Your comparison is bad and you should feel bad. Mountain Dew is not a Lemon-Lime soda and tastes nothing like Sprite.

They need to bring back Mountain Dew Pitch Black. Not that Pitch Black II shit they came out with in 2005, but the one they sold summer of 2004. That was good.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited June 2008
    I love watching people on the internet freak out and cry about not drinking soda anymore. Acting like it's a major addiction, and giving it up is gonna be sooooo hard because they can't do the dew.

It's funny stuff.

HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO NOT DRINK SODA?!? It's soda. Don't you get that? You can't just not drink it. What are you? Retarded?

Some people get hooked on their morning coffee
    I'm hooked on my morning can of Pepsi

Me Too! on
    edited June 2008

God, Cherry Coke is delicious

Though pretty much Cherry Anything is delicious

I'm pretty sure I still prefer Wild Cherry Pepsi over Cherry Coke but it has been a long time since I've had any of that good stuff.

Vivixenne on
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The US has the best soft drinks. I remember going to the supermarket for the first time when I was at college and just marveling at an entire aisle full of carbonated, sugary goodness.

Actually, Mexico has some amazing flavors that aren't available in the US.

Why we don't have apple soda here is confusing with how delicious it is.

Jimothy on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    canada-dry-green-tea-ginger-ale.jpg

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Fandyien wrote: »

I guess this is a good thing, but it is such a bright blue and I love blue drinks

Its awfulness is difficult to describe. Cloying sweetness with an artificial berry aftertaste that was more like bubblegum.

Pepsi blue is the only soda offshoot that was ever worthwhile. The worst ever was vanilla coke.

My sophomore year of high school I didn't use my locker, but I bought a 20z mountain dew every morning. So I started putting all of the empty bottles in my locker until it was literally crammed full of old dew bottles and you had to open it all careful-like.

One day I opened it in front of our janitor by accident and he was all 'GODDAMMIT GET THOSE MOTHERFUCKIN' BOTTLES OUT THAT LOCKER RIGHT DAMN NOW'

"Why don't you do it there's like five bucks worth in there".

DarkPrimus on
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Vanilla coke + Wild Turkey is delicious.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited June 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
    edited June 2008
    Jimothy wrote: »

Actually, Mexico has some amazing flavors that aren't available in the US.

Why we don't have apple soda here is confusing with how delicious it is.

I thought all the hype over mexican soda was that they use real sugar.

Filler Inc. on
    edited June 2008
    Soda is only good with greasy foods or if you're really, really high

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited June 2008

I have three plastic bags full of empty Coke bottles hanging in my locker
    And another bag of Powerade bottles, and the top shelf is full of Powerade bottles as well

Me Too! on
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I liked Pepsi Blue I think. I can't really remember. That whole year was a bit of a blur.

Also, have you guys tried Dr. Pepper Berries and Cream? I enjoyed its curious taste, but I felt all sorts of ill afterwards.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

No, Vanilla Coke is amazing.

But I can't find it anymore.

Jimothy on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

It's funny stuff.

I'm not freaking out. I just love weird flavors of soda, and they don't translate well to diet. Try Strawberry Breeze Diet Pepsi Jazz or whatever the fuck if you don't believe me

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited June 2008

It's funny stuff.

water and juice owns.

My liquid intake consists of like a gallon of water a day and however many alcohols I can stuff in my liver.

Filler Inc. on
    edited June 2008
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    Faricazy wrote: »
    One of the things I miss most about the States is Code Red. :(
    hi5 viv

weren't they going to do a reissue? i'll buy code red, pepsi. make some. you know you want to.

can you guys not get code red?

I still see it all over the place

an no one has mentioned livewire which was the best

I was in the States when Livewire was around, and man I overdosed on that shit HARD that summer and basically sickened myself to it.

Basically at college my fridge always had the following: Wild Cherry Pepsi, Code Red, Apple Juice, and Skyy Vodka.

Vivixenne on
    edited June 2008

Vanilla coke is worse than poop

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited June 2008

Your tastebuds must be broken. Vanilla Coke is delicious.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
    edited June 2008
    but seriously that green tea ginger ale is awesome

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited June 2008

It's available where I live as "Coke Vanilla"

Not too many places have it, though.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
    edited June 2008
    greenapple.jpg

I usually drink lemonade like it's water, though. I'll go through a gallon of lemonade in like two or three days.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited June 2008
    Green tea actually goes surprisingly well with things you'd never imagine.

A popular drink here in Shanghai is green tea + whiskey (usually SoCo). Goes down smoooooth-like.

Vivixenne on
    edited June 2008
    That actually sounds really good.

I like coffee / regular tea and whiskey a bunch.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    but seriously that green tea ginger ale is awesome

ginger ailing so hard

I haven't seen that around here but seagrams is clearly superior to canada dry

I will have to keep an eye out for it

ZeroFill on
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    greenapple.jpg

I usually drink lemonade like it's water, though. I'll go through a gallon of lemonade in like two or three days.

mike jones

No just kidding, I love Jones Soda. Such a delicious beverage.

Lucky Cynic on
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Green tea actually goes surprisingly well with things you'd never imagine.

A popular drink here in Shanghai is green tea + whiskey (usually SoCo). Goes down smoooooth-like.

There has to be a whiskey from boston that'll taste good with it, just so it can be called the Boston Tea-Party.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited June 2008
    You guys wanna know what rules:

jarritos1.jpg

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    edited June 2008
    You guys wanna know what rules:

jarritos1.jpg

yes