As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

YAH VERY NICE

12346»

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    Butters wrote: »
    Odin wrote: »
    borat.jpg

DSC_0061-1.jpg

Looks like a younger not as fat Kuribo's Shoe

Dynagrip on
  • FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Weaver wrote: »
    Framling wrote: »
    Dibs.

Dibs on June 12th.

It's mine now, Weaver.

You and George H. W. Bush have to find new birthdays now.

I'm older than you it was my day first.

And George H. W. Bush is older than you.

Doesn't matter. I called dibs.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    borat.jpg

DSC_0061-1.jpg

I just want to squeeze his face. I don't know why.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iStevoiStevo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    borat.jpg

DSC_0061-1.jpg

his face is so long, an that hair?

looks like a penis with a little hat on...

iStevo on
    ...I'm so hip, I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Raneados wrote: »
    shit I meant to post that Sean Nelson and Jordyn picture in the doodle thread we had a few days back

dang forgot

which picture is this?

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
    edited June 2008
    iStevo wrote: »
    borat.jpg

DSC_0061-1.jpg

his face is so long, an that hair?

looks like a penis with a little hat on...
    I was talking about Anjin.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2008
    oh

im sure Anjin is an upstanding gentleman

iStevo on
  • PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    haha no

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
    edited June 2008
    we need a tie breaker

does anjin look like a penis with a hat on

y/n?

iStevo on
    edited June 2008
    PotU wrote: »
    haha no
    Anjin is the basest, vilest being on the planet

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OdinOwnsYeAllOdinOwnsYeAll Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    /Strongly agree with OP.

Dealt with this situation just yesterday, someone saying "VERY NICE" several times. -_-

OdinOwnsYeAll on
    [image]img84.imageshack.us/img84/7858/ubd7248ei3.png[/image]
    edited June 2008
    Borat is the new Chappelle. It's great, but it's almost ruined by cretins quoting it, over and over.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • QuirkQuirk Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    From Wikipedia: Sacha attended Haberdashers' Aske's Boys' School, a privileged private school in Elstree. The same school was also attended by fellow Jewish comedians Matt Lucas and David Baddiel. He also attended Dulwich College before he attended Christ's College, Cambridge where he read history under Niall Ferguson and wrote his thesis on Jewish involvement in the American Civil Rights movement, with emphasis on the 1964 murders of James Chaney, Andrew Goodman and Michael Schwerner in Mississippi.

The guy's actually really quite clever it seems. Also, i like borat well enough, made me laugh and whatnot

Also the Ali G show makes me laugh, mainly because Cohen will say anything to anyone, and you have to respect his ballsyness

EDIT: I don't go around quoting him or anything, I'm not that guy.

Quirk on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Weaver wrote: »
    Dibs.

Dibs on June 12th.

It's mine now, Weaver.

You and George H. W. Bush have to find new birthdays now.

I'm older than you it was my day first.

And George H. W. Bush is older than you.

Doesn't matter. I called dibs.

Yeah well I call shotgun on the 12th. Now you're stuck celebrating the whole day next to me.

Weaver on
  • Trip42Trip42 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Booyakasha! Respek.

Trip42 on
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wait, people are still quoting Borat?

Defender on
    edited June 2008
    Defender wrote: »
    YES I LIKE

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Man! People still do Chappelle's Lil Jon...

Lucky Cynic on
  • sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited June 2008
    http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2006/12/04/061204sh_shouts
    Dear Ken:
    Got your note, deeply honored. Being new to the company, really appreciate opportunity to outline some ideas for “Borat” DVD. As Josh mentioned, we do indeed have a wealth of footage that could be put to good use as DVD extras. In other cases, have taken liberty of suggesting some reshoots:
    OPENING “VILLAGE” SECTION: How about a high-speed montage of the actual difficult, brutal lives of the villagers in Romania—the hours of debilitating toil, their oppression at the hands of their corrupt government, premature loss of teeth, death of infants, etc., etc.—culminating in a panning shot of the village on the morning of the day when they first realize they’ve been had, and that, as far as posterity goes, they will always be remembered, if remembered at all, as savages, rapists, prostitutes, etc., and they stumble out of their little sheds or whatever, looking traumatized? (Would be good if one or two could fall into depression/commit suicide as a result = confirmation of their “subhuman” status? Rich social commentary.)
    ALT: The scene where the one-armed old man, many months later, weeps in his room at the memory of being tricked into wearing a sex toy on his arm. Priceless!
    SOUTHERN DINING SOCIETY SECTION: Do we have footage of the woman Borat identified as unattractive being consoled in her darkened living room later that night by her husband? Particularly good if, all her life, she’s fought the feeling that she was not attractive, and only recently has come to feel pretty, owing to the steady love of her husband, who does, in fact, find her pretty, in part because of her kindness to him and others in their community—and now all those wounds have been reopened! Also, although she is crying, she tries to cry quietly, so as not to alarm the kids. Super!
    PAM ANDERSON (1): The scene where Sacha’s powerful agent calls Pamela Anderson’s powerful agent and they chat about the mutual benefit of having her appear in the film, and whether it will bother her to have the Tommy Lee sex video referenced. Apparently, they decide, it won’t.
    PENTECOSTAL SECTION: The scene where those wacky Pentecostals offer to take Borat into their homes, as Jesus would have done, and as, in fact, per Josh, many of them actually did? And also, didn’t they, like, take up a collection on Sacha/Borat’s behalf or something? Guess they really walk the walk! This moving-in-with-some-Pentecostals would be good, especially if, once in their home, Sacha could mock one of their children for, say, his/her overly prim table manners. That would really go a long way toward puncturing the sanctimonious posturing of the neocons.
    RODEO NATIONAL ANTHEM SECTION: Would be great if we had a series of shots where we see hundreds of people in the rodeo audience driving home, in their “pickups” or whatever, troubled at the thought that hundreds of other people in the audience continued to cheer even after the “Bush drinking blood” line. We could focus on one particular couple who have had complicated feelings about the war in Iraq from the beginning, even though they (1) live in the South and (2) enjoy rodeo. (Although too unbelievable?) A nice touch might be: This family sees Borat hitchhiking, picks him up, he sits in back seat of car with kids, takes shit in back seat, then pretends to be humping the family dog, and we see, from their reaction, that they really are rednecks after all.

PAM ANDERSON (2): The scene where, during “rehearsals” for the naked-wrestling, balls-in-the-face scene, Sacha takes a break to call his powerful agent on his cell phone, to see how negotiations with Pamela Anderson’s powerful agent are going.
    “GANGSTA” SECTION: The scene where Borat says something intentionally offensive to the inner-city black guys—where is that scene? I have been unable to find it. Here I definitely suggest a reshoot. In the attachment, I have provided a list of common racial slurs that Sacha could try out on “the brothers,” just to see what they do to him. My thought is, that seems to be the ethos of the rest of the film—i.e., Sacha saying/doing the most offensive things possible, in order to elicit a reaction—so I sense a little inconsistency here. Thoughts?
    GAY PRIDE PARADE SECTION: Ditto here. Where are the gays insulted? Have noted, from perusing other sections of film, that chief targets of satire seem to be clueless middle-class whites, so a suggestion: Cull through Gay Pride footage to I.D. some clueless middle-class white gays, ask them embarrassing personal questions—e.g., Borat could quiz naïvely about details of anal sex, etc. What a riot!
    PAM ANDERSON (3): Do we have footage of Sacha thanking Pam after the kidnapping scene, praising her for the naturalness of her acting, promising to do lunch, handing her a check, etc., etc.? What I love about this is the way it very clearly says: Gotcha! We celebrities are Us, you non-celebs are You. Stay on your side of the line, No-Name.
    LOOKING TO THE FUTURE: Finally, if I may be so bold, sir? Possible idea for “Borat II”: In selected redneck Midwestern location (Chicago?), as audience leaves theatre having just seen “Borat” we film them as they are sprayed with a stinging toxic foam, which drives them into paroxysms of itching, which causes them to strip naked; then we release seventy or eighty “attack dogs,” at which time we approach, asking for donations for AIDS relief in Africa. This could be classic! People would finally see, once and for all, when audience responds by swearing, etc., what hypocrites Americans really are.

Anxious to hear your thoughts.
    Your intern,
    Glen ♦

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    No its really just a Lil' Jon impression. Chappelle just made it popular

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • BibbleBibble __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    didnt he make like a huge donation to that village

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah the Borat movie was pretty disgusting

#pipe on
    edited June 2008
    Bibble wrote: »
    didnt he make like a huge donation to that village

actually as I recall he payed them all at local wage rates after duping them into believing he was making a documentary about Romania

some lawsuits were brought against him by the villagers though so he may have settled with them

sdrawkcaB emaN on
    edited June 2008
    #pipe wrote: »
    Yeah the Borat movie was pretty disgusting

It doesn't even redeem itself with providing poignant or insightful social commentary. It's pretty much just awful

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I thought Borat was pretty funny

Certainly superior to the average gross-out comedy

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited June 2008
    The Borat skits on the UK and HBO shows were way better than the movie.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2008
    The Borat skits on the UK and HBO shows were way better than the movie.

really

I saw one episode of Ali G once

he was interviewing some doctors

homeopathic sounds like homophobic haha what a fresh new take on guerrilla humor

seriously it was just boring. Like a dude trying to patiently explain the difference and not even getting riled and sacha just repeating the same (awful) gag over and over

Like after four minutes I had to change the channel because it was just unbearably unfunny

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The frat boy scene was fair, though.

Defender on
  • JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'll do it. I don't give a fuck. I'll do it.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
    edited June 2008

That one was pretty good

sdrawkcaB emaN on
    edited June 2008