As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ikariam: Burning the World, one kitty at a time

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Scooter wrote: »
    Hmm. I had 9.8k wine for sale last night for 28g a piece. I wake up this morning and it's gone and I'm definitely richer, but there's no record of anyone showing up and buying the stuff.

It's kinda funny, I was struggling to get the wine to upgrade my palace before, and now that I have 2 wine cities and another raiding even more wine than I produce, I'm completely drowning in the stuff.
    Stam 07.06.2008 13:06 Your trade fleet returns from Paragon to your town Stam and unloads:

* Wine: 6000

<3

Aldo on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm still wavering between my second wine and my third marble, in the event that I ever actually manage to gather resources for a sixth colony. I am running low on wine as it is, but Karenna's math was quite convincing, and I never have enough marble either. Wine tends to be easier to buy, but I'm not looking forward to gathering enough of it for this upgrade.

Edit: By the way, IHateTarv on [32:24] is an inactive that is making gold faster than I can take it from him, even pillaging 6x/day over the same island. So if Kalkino, Urahonkey, and Turtle want to help drain him before he goes bye-bye, 13k gold for an hour's work seems alright to me.

Darian on
    edited June 2008
    I can sell marble for 40 ea and buy wine for less than 30 ea. Think aboot eet.

Aldo on
    edited June 2008
    Oh, I have been, believe me.

But by that reasoning, every colony of every person should be marble, or possibly crystal. And what would happen if we all started thinking like that?

Edit:
    That warlord, Kahryl, is quite active on the forums.
    Kahryl wrote:
    Does it or will it matter where your palace is relative to your colonies? Would further-away colonies get more corruption?

here's my situation: I'm in a part of the world that's hicksville. I can dominate it easily but there's not much wealth in the area. So after subjugating it completely, I plan to move all but two of my cities overseas, and have sort of a "safe empire" and an "expansionist empire".

I'm going to keep my palace in the "safe empire" place, but will it mean that my distant colonies will suffer more corruption?

Darian on
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've gone 3 x Marble, 1 x Crystal, 2 x Wine. Seventh city is actually within striking distance with the amount of resource harvesting I've got going, plus trading.

devoir on
  • MithMith Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    With some connection trouble and some schedule trouble I won't be able to play for some time. I've gone on vacation mode, but if anyone wants my account (and I won't ask for it back) let me know. PM here is probably easiest.

Mith on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Kalkino wrote: »
    I am being attacked by a Bardy2/bardy3 from AOOA. Of course I did attack an ally of his first but still!

Bardy - Bardy2 - 48:17
    Bardy - Bardy3 - 47:17

I attacked:

SaudiVillage2 - Macaphrobes 36:18
    SaudiVillage3 - Macaphrobes 36:18

He is an ok target, gives 36k gold a hit, 300 resources. Oh and I've intercepted about 4k marble and 3k wood. So all in all nice. I can see why he now has asked his ally

Okay, he was being stupid in mails to me, so I'm blockading Bardy. He hasn't said a word since. :P
    yea it is.

On the 07.06.2008 6:21 Skarsol wrote::

> No!@ It's never peanut butter jelly time.

> On the 07.06.2008 6:14 bardy wrote::

> >

> > yes it can be party time. peanut butter jelly time 2

> > On the 07.06.2008 6:13 Skarsol wrote::

> > > Can it be party time?

> > > On the 07.06.2008 6:12 bardy wrote::

> > > >

> > > > yes congrats

> > > > On the 07.06.2008 6:10 Skarsol wrote::

> > > > > Congrats?

> > > > > On the 07.06.2008 6:06 bardy wrote::

> > > > > > no now me and another one of my members are attacking him

> > > > > > On the 07.06.2008 6:05 Skarsol wrote::

> > > > > > > Horray?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > bardy from the alliance Equality sends the following message: one of your members attacked one of my members

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Who's attacking U_N people? I got a note today from them.

captaink on
    edited June 2008
    juice for jesus

Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM
    I've looted this U_N guy's cities 24 times today for a total of 2,876,163 gold, 29,677 wood, and several hundred luxury resources per pillage (mostly wine and crystal).

edit: haha he just wrote to me! First time this has happened.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited June 2008
    Well, U_N asked us to stop.
    alexyz4 from the alliance Union sends the following message: I believe you are attacking one of our member unprovoked.

one of my member send me the following letter:"I have a bit of a situation with a member from WPAX that started from a completely pointless argument. I'm not sure what the alliance's policy on a scenario like this is, but he seems to have told lots of people from his alliance to attack me. i don't want to get U_N into a war or anything since none of the others really have anything to do with this and since the root of the problem is really not a big deal at all. I could show you the entire message line between me and the other guy for you to decide if it's a legit reason to take action or not."

I believe you do not think about consequences what can happen if you start a war with us.If you do not stop your hostile action,we will take measures that you will not survive long in this world.we are a peaceful alliance we don not like wars but if needed we will defend our self.I told my member to retreat.he block you player because he attacked him many times.You have 12h to answer,if you don't contact me I will considered as you answer negative to resolve the problem diplomatic and we will take measures.

I don't see how the diplomatic leader of the biggest alliance on the server can have such terrible writing.

captaink on
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I would guess english is not his/her first language.

TyrantCow on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've known a sadly large number of people, including adults, who think spelling and grammar are only necessary in English classes. Seriously, I've heard that exact thing said many times across the internet.

Scooter on
  • TamorlaneTamorlane Gnnr The Halls of MontezumaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    captaink wrote: »
    Who's attacking U_N people? I got a note today from them.

I hit a guy named Dougg who was harassing tomblag.....just once for educational purposes though because he was 10 hours away. It apparently worked.

Tamorlane on
    edited June 2008
    Damn, I thought I'd loot a defended town, but the land battle just keeps on going and going, I hope I'll be able to loot it before my blockade goes away.

Can I get a second opinion on this: my blockade will be there for 40 more minutes and it's currently:
    17 sword/6 phalanx/7 gun/1 cook/1 doctor vs 3 sword/4 phalanx/14sling/2archer+71% wall bonus.

Next round ends in 14 minutes. Will I be able to sail away safely?

Aldo on
  • juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I am not in WPAX, but I did hit a U_N target yesterday for mass gold.

He got another member to send 40 catapult ships at me, which I demolished. Now another U_N is sending 20 ships on a >1 day voyage to meet a similar fate. This amuses me.

They are pussies, in short.

juice for jesus on
    edited June 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    Damn, I thought I'd loot a defended town, but the land battle just keeps on going and going, I hope I'll be able to loot it before my blockade goes away.

Can I get a second opinion on this: my blockade will be there for 40 more minutes and it's currently:
    17 sword/6 phalanx/7 gun/1 cook/1 doctor vs 3 sword/4 phalanx/14sling/2archer+71% wall bonus.

I think once theyve landed they can get the loot away even if the blockade is gone.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited June 2008
    skarsol wrote: »

I think once theyve landed they can get the loot away even if the blockade is gone.

Really?

Wicked.

*e: woot, 19 ships of loot from Tutong Satu @ Hisyos[90:54], other town @ Cheaos[90:55]

I can't raid him any more due to time constraints.

Aldo on
    edited June 2008
    Just found a level 14 town worth 99k/hit - no shipyard, NO WALL, level 1 barracks, NO units, not even a single slinger, and no hideout.

He's in BRO 4 so I guess you can expect more whining.

juice for jesus on
    edited June 2008
    He's probably going to whine about this for a while, so I'm just letting you know in case he's going to yell at any of y'all:

07.06.2008 20:07 Your fleet blocking the port entrance of bradley, has captured an arriving trade fleet from bradddley and sent it to your town Wortel. The foreign trade fleet had the following goods on board:

* Marble: 1000

Aldo on
    edited June 2008
    He's probably going to whine about this for a while, so I'm just letting you know in case he's going to yell at any of y'all:

07.06.2008 20:07 Your fleet blocking the port entrance of bradley, has captured an arriving trade fleet from bradddley and sent it to your town Wortel. The foreign trade fleet had the following goods on board:

* Marble: 1000

Awesome!

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited June 2008
    We are about to ignite world war, I can feel it. The entire server will be trying to destroy us.

:)

Burn the world!

edit: Decided to google "npax ikariam" and see how easy we are to find these days.

I found this:
    Gohir, NAO wrote:
    * 81. Re: Ikariam - GO NAO! 05/20/2008 06:13:26 AM PDT
    I'm just biding my time, waiting on the resources to build up so I can expand to a 4th colony. I'm totally stuck between the idea of colonizing a Sulfer island so I can get all 4 resources myself, or doubling up on Marble and buying Sulfer off the market.

Oh, and I've realized that I'm like on the other side of the world from y'all. So sorry for no help in defense or such. I've been building my walls and troops as best I can cause of some arse named Badiol. He hit up my Crystal town like 3 or 4 times in one day before I could defend it. He keeps sending spies to die. My spies catch at least 2 a day. If is towns weren't 16s I wouldn't worry so much. Oh, he's also part of that NPAX group.

The second set of links is more worrisome; a site called board reader is making our threads searchable to the world. Nothing we can do about that, of course.

Darian on
    edited June 2008
    Darian wrote: »
    We are about to ignite world war, I can feel it. The entire server will be trying to destroy us.

:)

Burn the world!
    Pft, that's bullshit, I expect a GO to ban us all instead. I mean, geez, there's a few obviously aligned to some guilds.

Aldo on
    edited June 2008
    Must be Tomblag. If that guy started hostilities, let me know.

captaink on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm still wavering between my second wine and my third marble, in the event that I ever actually manage to gather resources for a sixth colony. I am running low on wine as it is, but Karenna's math was quite convincing, and I never have enough marble either. Wine tends to be easier to buy, but I'm not looking forward to gathering enough of it for this upgrade.

Edit: By the way, IHateTarv on [32:24] is an inactive that is making gold faster than I can take it from him, even pillaging 6x/day over the same island. So if Kalkino, Urahonkey, and Turtle want to help drain him before he goes bye-bye, 13k gold for an hour's work seems alright to me.

Yeah the bastard never really donated anyway.

urahonky on
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I found this:
    Gohir, NAO wrote:
    * 81. Re: Ikariam - GO NAO! 05/20/2008 06:13:26 AM PDT
    I'm just biding my time, waiting on the resources to build up so I can expand to a 4th colony. I'm totally stuck between the idea of colonizing a Sulfer island so I can get all 4 resources myself, or doubling up on Marble and buying Sulfer off the market.

Oh, and I've realized that I'm like on the other side of the world from y'all. So sorry for no help in defense or such. I've been building my walls and troops as best I can cause of some arse named Badiol. He hit up my Crystal town like 3 or 4 times in one day before I could defend it. He keeps sending spies to die. My spies catch at least 2 a day. If is towns weren't 16s I wouldn't worry so much. Oh, he's also part of that NPAX group.

Maybe I'll pay his colonies another visit.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    METAzreal, thanks for posting.

You had changed your name in ikariam since the last time you posted here, so I just wanted to be sure it was you.
    And you're actually pretty close to Skarsol and several other members; check out the map in your embassy.

Good to have you aboard, and let us know if you need help continuing to expand your empire.

Yeah, the other name I posted is my Gamma account, I was kinda keeping on the downlow with my Beta colonies. Thanks for the offer of help, and the same to everyone else - I usually have a large surplus of wine and a good amount of extra marble, so let me know if you need anything. My army is kinda weak, though, so I'm probably not going to be much help for raiding at the moment.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
    edited June 2008
    Christ, it's the bastard child of WoW and Ikariam forums.

juice for jesus on
  • ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Woo trip success. Apparently I missed all the killing. BACK TO WORK PEONS!

EDIT: PS Is there anything I really did miss? Other than the fact I'm now three weeks behind everyone.

Threelemmings on
    edited June 2008
    Is there a working island lookup tool? I caught a spy from "Slatios", but that's not very helpful.

juice for jesus on
    edited June 2008
    Your fleet blocking the port entrance of bradley, has captured an arriving trade fleet from braddley and sent it to your town Wortel. The foreign trade fleet had the following goods on board:

* Crystal glass: 2000

---

He's going to be sooooo angry.

Aldo on
    edited June 2008
    Is there a working island lookup tool? I caught a spy from "Slatios", but that's not very helpful.

There's a list somewhere in the wiki.

captaink on
    edited June 2008

Hmm, the main one seems to be non-responsive.

Happily, the other one is working, and reports that Slatios:
    X  	Y  	Island-name  	Wonder  	Wood  	Wine  	Marble  	Crystall  	Sulphur  	Towns
    72 	38 	  Slatios 	      Ares    	15 		                	  13 	                         12

Darian on
    edited June 2008
    Thanks, looks like the U_N player on that island is spying on me. But... he's 10 hours (troop time) away. And his military score is 45,000.

Have fun sending that blockade on a 20 hour voyage, U_N guy.

juice for jesus on
    edited June 2008
    On the 07.06.2008 23:09 braddley wrote::
    > can you please send back my stuff
    This made me laugh.

Anyway, I'm gone from now till Sunday next week, hopefully BRO doesn't decide to rape me.

Aldo on
  • maturinmaturin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    captaink wrote: »
    Must be Tomblag. If that guy started hostilities, let me know.

The dude Dougg is on my island 25,42. He attacked me out of the blue hoping to get easy resources. Unfortuntely I have a military twice his size and blockaded and pillaged his towns in retailation. And tamorlane got one of his out lying cities.

That was over like late friday night. I even sent off a message to their diplomat before he initially attacked me and got no response during the whole event.

I merely asked for kittenz poems for randomly attacking me, and I would stop my blockade etc. I just stopped asking cause the server went to shit and I couldn't send out any more in game mail. The whole transcript is in one of the alliance mails I sent out. And I posted it on the forums a couple pages back.

Its over and done now. Tell their diplomat dougg should donate a tad more.

maturin on
    Danes have the DONG ENERGY !
    tomblag
    19,48 / Gulf of Blag / Sulfur
    10,40 / Blager Fjord / Marble
    14,45 / Blaget Sound / Wine
    12,53 / Blaga Bay / Crystal
    25,42 / Blagoon Cove / Marble
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Skarsol, new target search for you: Acies. I'm currently cracking open 40 phalanx at one of his cities for a promised 80k gold per hit.

Scooter on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

I hit him for pocket money too. He has another city on 32.26

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Baidol - I don't think those WOW role players like you very much

This is from their realm forum, originally linked by Darian:

There's this guy on a crystal island who's town is named Serene, who has attacked Druu a couple times before and I pounded him into the ground, and now he is attacking someone else in the alliance, so me and Druu are sending Steam Giants to blow his face open and blockade his harbor.

And I just found out that the guy is sending an army to attack me back..but I still have Steam Giants back home. Who would be stupid enough to just send all their guys in an attack? XD

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

There's this guy on a crystal island who's town is named Serene, who has attacked Druu a couple times before and I pounded him into the ground, and now he is attacking someone else in the alliance, so me and Druu are sending Steam Giants to blow his face open and blockade his harbor.

And I just found out that the guy is sending an army to attack me back..but I still have Steam Giants back home. Who would be stupid enough to just send all their guys in an attack? XD

Maybe they don't, but that's not me. My cities are named Esteroum, Song, Dance, Joy and Faith. It would be cool if it was, though.

Also, let it be known that, today for a brief but shining moment, I broke the top 100 players on Beta, without a sixth city.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • maturinmaturin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Baidol wrote: »

Maybe they don't, but that's not me. My cities are named Esteroum, Song, Dance, Joy and Faith. It would be cool if it was, though.

Also, let it be known that, today for a brief but shining moment, I broke the top 100 players on Beta, without a sixth city.

Yea, it can be done. I'm 69 and I don't have a 6th city. I think most of my score is due to research and trade ships. I have spent pretty much all my gold on trade ships. I have 67 ships now, and it costs 842k for 68. I think karenna might have more than me though.

maturin on
    Danes have the DONG ENERGY !
    tomblag
    19,48 / Gulf of Blag / Sulfur
    10,40 / Blager Fjord / Marble
    14,45 / Blaget Sound / Wine
    12,53 / Blaga Bay / Crystal
    25,42 / Blagoon Cove / Marble