As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WiiFit: Why Spend $3.19 On A Hula Hoop When You Can Get Wii Fit For $89? - OUT TODAY

1181920212224»

• Nakatomi2010Nakatomi2010 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    jackal wrote: »
    It seems like crouching a bit while doing hula hoop will make the counter go up roughly twice as fast. The disadvantage is it makes you tired about four times as fast.

I find that crouching through alot of these things makes life easier...

Nakatomi2010 on
    Check out me building my HTPC (NSF56K) (Updated 1-10-08)
    Movie Collection
    Foody Things
    Holy shit! Sony's new techno toy!
    Wii Friend code: 1445 3205 3057 5295
  • Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I read that as "crotching" a bit. This is something I can get behind.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Bah I somehow gained 2.4 lbs since yesterday, meaning... since I got WiiFit I've lost .9 lbs. Awesome! I'm sure it's because I ate like less than an hour before doing WiiFit, but I sure worked out my hardest today.

10 minutes of the boxing + Island Run + Lunges + Plank = sweaty 'ole me.

urahonky on
  • YallYall Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    so it is looking like wiiFit is selling like hotcakes and so it is completely unavailable everywhere?

I saw like fifteen copies at Wal-Mart last night. And a bunch at Circuit City and Best Buy.

So I'm guessing no.

My guess? America is fat and won't do any work to change this, even if they literally turn it into a fucking game.

I can't find one anywhere. Walmart, Circuit City, Gamestop, FYE, Best Buy, Sears. Nothing.

Yall on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yall wrote: »
    so it is looking like wiiFit is selling like hotcakes and so it is completely unavailable everywhere?

I saw like fifteen copies at Wal-Mart last night. And a bunch at Circuit City and Best Buy.

So I'm guessing no.

My guess? America is fat and won't do any work to change this, even if they literally turn it into a fucking game.

I can't find one anywhere. Walmart, Circuit City, Gamestop, FYE, Best Buy, Sears. Nothing.

It was the same for me.

A friend who works at Toys R Us clued me in that their preorders expired yesterday and three copies would be available, so I had somebody there at opening to nab it. Hooray!

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • YallYall Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yall wrote: »

So I'm guessing no.

It was the same for me.

A friend who works at Toys R Us clued me in that their preorders expired yesterday and three copies would be available, so I had somebody there at opening to nab it. Hooray!

I have tomorrow off, so I might be able to catch a new shipment at GS or something.

I'll end up getting in shape just looking for one. ;)

Yall on
  • StraythStrayth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Real quick question if anyone can help- roughly how much area do you need to play? My TV is like 4 feet from my bed on a table. I can play Wii boxing comfortably. The rest of the room is a menagerie of bear-traps and black adders.

Strayth on
    That's right.
  • Yu-GungYu-Gung Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You'll need to clear out the traps and put the adders in the bathtub... Several of the exercises will ask you to lie down on the floor (well, a soft surface like a yoga mat....), So I guess you need about 2m by 2m (you get to do the math... I live in a metric world). If you don't want to shift around the board while you are playing, I suggest clearing even more.

Yu-Gung on
    gccgsig.jpg
  • BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So I go to do some yoga today, pick an exercise,.......and my trainer isn't there.

After a few seconds of going "Uh, what's up here?", suddenly the screen does a flash and there's the trainer standing in front of me like usual.

"Sorry, I didn't get to sleep until late last night."

Heh. Yeeeeeeeeah. :winky:

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
    edited June 2008
    Haha, that's hilarious. I like little additions like that. :P

I've been doing this almost daily now for the past two weeks. Down 5 pounds (now I'm at my normal plateau). It'll be interesting if I can make it below my 230 mark. I never have been able to do that.

urahonky on
  • KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    BTP wrote: »
    So I go to do some yoga today, pick an exercise,.......and my trainer isn't there.

After a few seconds of going "Uh, what's up here?", suddenly the screen does a flash and there's the trainer standing in front of me like usual.

"Sorry, I didn't get to sleep until late last night."

Heh. Yeeeeeeeeah. :winky:

It did that to me too. My freakin trainer called in sick and I got stuck with the guy trainer.

never has the reset button been hit so fast.

KupotheAvenger on
    fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Holy crap, that's actually cool.

I'm mixing in Wii Fit with gym work to be a more aerobic compliment to lifting weights at the gym. I'm toning, but I'm also gaining muscle... and the game keeps chiding me for putting on weight. It's not bad weight, dammit! Ah well.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • MrFancyPantsMrFancyPants Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Down a couple pounds myself. Personally this has been more effective than my gym membership lately, but that may be due to my wife's participation and encouragement. And in no small part my laziness when it comes to going to the gym. *cough*

Anyway, am I the only one that thinks it might actually be cool if they put out some sort of budget title around the whole jogging concept? I have fun just doing the occasional run about this virtual island accompanied by Miis of Wierd Al and V. I think it'd be neat to be able to select other paths/new scenery (in free-run type mode), have seasonal additions/weather (well, hai thar Wii Weather Channel!). Maybe Mario Galaxy-inspired running circuits, and other Nintendo-y venues, with titular characters running about in jogging shorts?

i cannot seriously believe i'm wanting another exercise game. i feel so old now.

MrFancyPants on
  • SoshiKitaiSoshiKitai Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Down a couple pounds myself. Personally this has been more effective than my gym membership lately, but that may be due to my wife's participation and encouragement. And in no small part my laziness when it comes to going to the gym. *cough*

Anyway, am I the only one that thinks it might actually be cool if they put out some sort of budget title around the whole jogging concept? I have fun just doing the occasional run about this virtual island accompanied by Miis of Wierd Al and V. I think it'd be neat to be able to select other paths/new scenery (in free-run type mode), have seasonal additions/weather (well, hai thar Wii Weather Channel!). Maybe Mario Galaxy-inspired running circuits, and other Nintendo-y venues, with titular characters running about in jogging shorts?

i cannot seriously believe i'm wanting another exercise game. i feel so old now.

Virtual Jogging = Best thing in Wii Fit

Your Idea = Best thing to happen to Virtual Jogging

SoshiKitai on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    SoshiKitai wrote: »

Let's take this to the next step of absolutely ridiculous/awesome and say: "Jog through your favorite locales! Travel from Hyrule castle to Lon Lon Farms! Visit planet Zebes, or Elysia! Travel through the Mushroom Kingdom!" Etc, etc.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Let's take this to the next step of absolutely ridiculous/awesome and say: "Jog through your favorite locales! Travel from Hyrule castle to Lon Lon Farms! Visit planet Zebes, or Elysia! Travel through the Mushroom Kingdom!" Etc, etc.
    Give a whole new meaning to "run and gun." One remote in your pocket tracking you running, one in your hand for shooting metroids.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Give a whole new meaning to "run and gun." One remote in your pocket tracking you running, one in your hand for shooting metroids.

this should happen yesterday

I'f they made a game where I could run and shoot etc. I would snap that up in a hot minute

Xaquin on
  • MrFancyPantsMrFancyPants Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Xaquin wrote: »

I'f they made a game where I could run and shoot etc. I would snap that up in a hot minute

And who wouldn't be all about chasing Princess Zelda/Peach/Rosalina (rawr!) around in hot pants?

Is that a Wiimote in your pocket ...? :winky:

MrFancyPants on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

And who wouldn't be all about chasing Princess Zelda/Peach/Rosalina (rawr!) around in hot pants?

Until you get up one morning and Peach calls in that she was up late last night playing poker with Bowser and Wario will be leading you around instead.....

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    wait wait .... lets see how the shooting thing pans out first.

Xaquin on
  • KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Until you get up one morning and Peach calls in that she was up late last night playing poker with Bowser and Wario will be leading you around instead.....

Leading? I'd say chasing. That'd be an excellent motivator.

Oh...oh god...what do they do when they catch us?!?!?!

KupotheAvenger on
    fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

• jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    urahonky wrote: »

I've been doing this almost daily now for the past two weeks. Down 5 pounds (now I'm at my normal plateau). It'll be interesting if I can make it below my 230 mark. I never have been able to do that.

You can do it Honky! I'm actually at 230 right now too. Well, a little less, 228, but close enough. Lowest I've been since 8th grade is 202. I like to think I'm a fairly fit 228 though.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
    edited June 2008
    jack eddy wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »

You can do it Honky! I'm actually at 230 right now too. Well, a little less, 228, but close enough. Lowest I've been since 8th grade is 202. I like to think I'm a fairly fit 228 though.

I like to think I'm very unfit at my weight. :P Unfortunately I have asthma and it likes to act up through hardcore training. Working on beating that too.

I'm doing this not only for myself, but for the $100 I bet my parents :P Thanks for the encouragement though, sir!

urahonky on
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    edited June 2008
    I really do enjoy this game. Except the one arm lift exercise. Holy shit that was hard.

Hold the Wii-Remote straight up. You lay down, and get up. All the while trying to keep the remote vertical. Not bad except you have 3 seconds between laying down and standing up. So I was dropping to the floor, pushing myself to get up... And by the time I got up I had to fall backwards again.

That being said I got an incredible workout from that. I was panting like a little bitch right afterward.

urahonky on