As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Big Orgasm

StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice,To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
edited June 2008 in Social Entropy++
I find death fascinating, do you find death fascinating? Do you believe anything happens to you after death? Or do you just think that you go in the ground and rot? Or like reincarnation or something crazy like that? Do you ever think about what dying would feel like? Do you ever do that incredibly emo thing where you try and figure out who would show up to your funeral if you died today? Did you find Death from the Sandman totally hot? If so, would you bone her if it meant dying for it? Have you ever contemplated (or attempted) suicide? wasn't Dead Like Me one of the best TV shows ever? wouldn't it suck to get reaped by a Dead Like Me styled reaper mid-coitus? On a related and also deathy note, isn't Pushing Daisies rad? would you abuse that power if you had it? what is your favorite grim reaper character? Do you like the classic or are you a Discworld man or a Dead Like Me man or what?

Straightzi on

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Stupidest title ever

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The story behind this thread is that I spent several hours unable to sleep with my mind racing last night.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I thought this was going to be about

the-big-o.jpg

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    i like watching videos of cats doing silly things

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    whenever i watch big-o i remember the old batman cartoons

there seem to be parallels like crazy

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I do not believe in anything after death

And I am scared of dieing

Dadouw on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Dadouw wrote: »
    I do not believe in anything after death

And I am scared of dieing

I think that question was originally supposed to be in the OP. Oh well.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    DYING

MOTHAFUCKA

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    i believe that when we die our souls are thrown towards the edge of the universe, a journey of many thousands of years through the bitterest cold that there is

and when we reach the end, we spend the rest of eternity writhing in torment as extradimensional beasts rip us to shreds and scatter our parts across the vast universe again

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I am not scared of death but I do attempt to avoid it.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    tsplitter wrote: »
    i like watching videos of cats doing silly things

i like cats

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The best death:

artayamikojimadeath_2.jpg

Airking850 on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    is this the part where i tell you to kill yourself

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Fallout wrote: »
    i believe that when we die our souls are thrown towards the edge of the universe, a journey of many thousands of years through the bitterest cold that there is

and when we reach the end, we spend the rest of eternity writhing in torment as extradimensional beasts rip us to shreds and scatter our parts across the vast universe again

feelsgoodman-1.gif

Berk on
    sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Airking850 wrote: »
    The best death:

artayamikojimadeath_2.jpg

man that Death is a puss

hes been killed like, what, over 20 times now?

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I also thought this was a Big O thread.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Docmanhattan.jpg

Calamity Jane on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I always thought the worst thing about dead like me was its death model.

But the commentary it had about life was fantastic.

PErsonally I think life is more about making the most of what we have now then worrying about death. Let death worry about me when I show up.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Death really doesn't frighten me, but I say this from the position of a man who is well and truly alive, with no visible threat on the horizon. So when death does indeed come for me, I only hope that I will have the confidence to face it.

Everything I am, everything I do and believe, lends itself to this, so I hope I do not disappoint myself when my time comes. Regardless of when.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    What the fuck is that thing on its shoulder

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    In order:

Yes of course I do jeeze man I made this damn thread; I ain't got any convictions one way or another but I damn well hope so; Yes of course you rot dumb question; Reincarnation is a great sort of idea but the caste system is a piece of shit; Fairly often, yes. Death scares the shit out of me, so I think about it a lot; Done it before, and still do it on occasion; Yes; Probably not worth it; Contemplated, never attempted, although my arms look like it right now because of work; Holy shit yes; Yes because you lose all feeling and I assume that includes orgasms; Also yes; I would abuse pretty much any power ever so; I like them all, really. All the ones I know at least; I guess of those three I like the idea of the Dead Like Me reapers the best;

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Berk wrote: »

feelsgoodman-1.gif

i've started saying "feels good man" in real life

i know nobody gets it but me, but i don't care

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I guess I have been thinking about it an extra amount lately since I totaled my car.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Discworld Death is the best Death.

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Something WittySomething Witty Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I want to die an awesome death. I was at a fair a while back and while I was on the rides I kept thinking of Final Destination, and how awesome it would be to become a human projectile in a freak mechanical failure.

As far as what I believe happens after death pretty much nothing but I am not willing to rule out the possibility that some divine being is after me and that I will be reincarnated into a worm.

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited June 2008
    i think you go into a hole and decompose

bongi on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Fun fact: My position on death was why, about a month ago, I was literally a coin flip away from joining the Army.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    before you were alive you were also dead. also, when you die you're only dead then, not before.
    also what

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    I don't believe anything persists of us after we die (aside from people's memories of us but come on that's completely different), so I believe that when i die that's all she wrote and I will completely cease to exist. This doesn't bother me in the slightest since I don't see how not existing could be troublesome in the slightest since one doesn't exist anymore. That doesn't mean I want to die, I'm just not that frightened of it and accept that it will inevitably happen.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I thought this was going to be about

the-big-o.jpg

Big O impresses me because it's the only Japanese-produced show to get a second season because of it's popularity in the US.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited June 2008
    i'm a bit scared of death because i like living a lot

but it's not like i'm gonna be all 'oh no i'm dead :('

bongi on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I want to have all my bases covered so I am going to convert to every religion simultaniously before I die.

Best case scenario is that one of them turns out to be right and I am whisked into heaven on a fiery chariot driven by Xenu and forged out of obsidian in the halls of the Elder Gods.

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I know many have died before me. It's a comfort to know I'm not doing anything original.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    basically this three dimensional existence is probably just a three dimensional representation of something of higher dimensional order
    like that famous scene with a three dimensional balloon flying directly through a two-dimensional universe plane and the inhabitants only seeing the two dimensional cut-outs

I've thought a lot about this! 8)

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Well in keeping with the multi-universe theory I may cross over into Digimon land if I believe hard enough on my death bed.

Shit this death thing is confusing.

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Death scares the shit out of me and this thread doesn't help at all

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Sometimes when I think about death it makes me realize I should live life to the fullest.

but I don't.

Berk on
    sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    or maybe your live is just a representation of the most likely outcome of a certain situation
    In a situation you die, you still live on in an infinite number of universes where that situation didn't occur
    continuing until the universe you exist in is absolutely impossible

I haven't even smoked pot in about 6 months and still I write scripts for jet li movies

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Druhim wrote: »
    I don't believe anything persists of us after we die (aside from people's memories of us but come on that's completely different), so I believe that when i die that's all she wrote and I will completely cease to exist. This doesn't bother me in the slightest since I don't see how not existing could be troublesome in the slightest since one doesn't exist anymore. That doesn't mean I want to die, I'm just not that frightened of it and accept that it will inevitably happen.

This is pretty much what I think.

Although I enjoy talking about the many theories of what happens after death.

M.D. on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    An afterlife would be the shit. Just doing whatever you want for all eternity

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif