As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The "I Just Don't Get It" Thread

• Options
    MississippiMississippi Registered User new member
    edited January 2007
    So dont buy Disgaea 2?

Huge fan of SRPG (Ogre Battle 64 namely)

Mississippi on
  • Options
    RohaqRohaq UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    pheezer FD wrote:
    LewieP wrote:
    pheezer FD wrote:
    LewieP wrote:
    pheezer FD wrote:
    I know, I played Marrowind. It just wasn't pronounced enough for me.

Was that the game where you had to beat leukemia?

:^: :^:

Apparently the end boss is just the hardest thing ever because you're so weak from all the chemo treatments you have to endure to get there.

its alot easier if you equip a hat.

Okay that one really made me laugh pretty hard. Cancer jokes rule.
    If it didn't rape the sig size limit, that would all be sigged so hard :D

Rohaq on
  • Options
    Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Metroid Prime
    Zelda, before TP
    Halo
    Warcraft

And yeah, any MMO.

Torso Boy on
  • Options
    h3nduh3ndu Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Torso Boy wrote:
    Metroid Prime
    Zelda, before TP
    Halo
    Warcraft

And yeah, any MMO.

truly. such a beautiful game though.

h3ndu on
    Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea.
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm very proud of my Saturn collection for collection's sake, but I personally find both NiGHTS and Guardian Heroes to be thoroughly underwhelming. I'm especially disappointed by how lame GH feels to me, since beat-'em-ups are one of my all time favorite genres.

I CANNOT get into 3D fighting games, no matter how hard I try. I own Soul Calibur I and II, and even though I played the hell out of both with my friends, I never really enjoyed either. Fights are too short, and even though I usually won I could never escape the feeling that it was just because of luck and button mashing.

I've also never really gotten into Nintendo's 4-player party games the way others seem to. I have Mario Power Tennis, Smash Bros., and Mario Kart for the Cube, and even though I play them when my friends are around I really don't enjoy it. I put tons of hours into all of them to unlock everything because I know I'm expected to, but not because I want to. I'm really, really hoping I manage to break this cycle with the Wii.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    catalystcatalyst Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Warcraft 3.

I know it was a great, ground-breaking game and I can recognize why people love it.

I want to love it, I want to be engrossed in the story, but playing it makes me pissed off. I love the art and design of the game, hell, I play and enjoy WoW.

Overall, it's just because I don't think I can stand RTS game like that. Micromanaging different groups of troops all over the place makes my head spin.

That being said, the only reason why I wanted to play it was to get the story information before WoW: TBC.

edit: removed the word 'overally.' lawl

catalyst on
    MainlineSIX.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    La Pucelle Tactics. Im hoping Disgaea isn't like it, 'cause I just bought it. I like SRPGS, maybe its to cutesy for me.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Rohaq wrote:
    pheezer FD wrote:
    LewieP wrote:
    pheezer FD wrote:
    LewieP wrote:
    pheezer FD wrote:
    I know, I played Marrowind. It just wasn't pronounced enough for me.

Was that the game where you had to beat leukemia?

:^: :^:

Apparently the end boss is just the hardest thing ever because you're so weak from all the chemo treatments you have to endure to get there.

its alot easier if you equip a hat.

Okay that one really made me laugh pretty hard. Cancer jokes rule.
    If it didn't rape the sig size limit, that would all be sigged so hard :D
    Seriously, just laughed out loud, and spat old soft mice pie everywhere.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Zimmydoom wrote:
    I'm very proud of my Saturn collection for collection's sake, but I personally find both NiGHTS and Guardian Heroes to be thoroughly underwhelming. I'm especially disappointed by how lame GH feels to me, since beat-'em-ups are one of my all time favorite genres.

I CANNOT get into 3D fighting games, no matter how hard I try. I own Soul Calibur I and II, and even though I played the hell out of both with my friends, I never really enjoyed either. Fights are too short, and even though I usually won I could never escape the feeling that it was just because of luck and button mashing.

I've also never really gotten into Nintendo's 4-player party games the way others seem to. I have Mario Power Tennis, Smash Bros., and Mario Kart for the Cube, and even though I play them when my friends are around I really don't enjoy it. I put tons of hours into all of them to unlock everything because I know I'm expected to, but not because I want to. I'm really, really hoping I manage to break this cycle with the Wii.

I see. So you dislike fun?

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This kind of thread is going to be fun in about ~1 year... Sometime after Spore has come out.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Blitz RawketBlitz Rawket Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    METAzraeL wrote:
    Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. I think I figured out that I played Aria way too much (lvl 99, all the souls, everything), and after that DoS was just a simple rehash. I wasn't entertained much at all.

This reminds me of another thing: I simply can't stand the new Castlevania games for the GBA/DS. I want to play as a Belmont, and I want the old Castlevania feeling back damnit. I really hate the new anime look and metroid-like gameplay by heart.
    You play as a Belmont in Harmony of Dissonance. And the anime look isn't new at all; it reared its head in Akumajo Dracula X over ten years ago. Besides, that aesthetic is only in two of the five newer portable games.

I do miss the old-school platformers, though. But I don't want a new game so much as just an American release of Rondo of Blood, since that is supposedly the end-all game of the format (though I have to be skeptical that it could be so much better than both 3 and 4). And I agree with the previous sentiment on DoS--Aria just felt better in every way, even if it wasn't nearly as meaty.

Blitz Rawket on
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Malkor wrote:
    La Pucelle Tactics. Im hoping Disgaea isn't like it, 'cause I just bought it. I like SRPGS, maybe its to cutesy for me.
    La Pucelle was N1's first SRPG on the PS2 (I think). Disgaea is really the epitome of N1's gameplay and storytelling ability combined, while Disgaea 2 has funner gameplay but lamer story. The rest of their games fall beneath the Disgaea titles in both departments.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This kind of thread is going to be fun in about ~1 year... Sometime after Spore has come out.
    D:

bruin on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Kingdom Hearts. My friend let me borrow it and said it was amazing. I hear that from everyone else too. I played it, got about 4 hours in and just quit. It got so monotonous I couldn't stand it. I don't know if I was missing a bunch of stuff or what. I even thought building the spaceship was more fun than the game itself. After returning it to my friend I thought, "Isn't this game supposed to be great? Am I retarded or something?" I just couldn't figure out how people liked it.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    SirToasty wrote:
    Kingdom Hearts. My friend let me borrow it and said it was amazing. I hear that from everyone else too. I played it, got about 4 hours in and just quit. It got so monotonous I couldn't stand it. I don't know if I was missing a bunch of stuff or what. I even thought building the spaceship was more fun than the game itself. After returning it to my friend I thought, "Isn't this game supposed to be great? Am I retarded or something?" I just couldn't figure out how people liked it.

Man. You couldn't have even gotten past Wonderland with just 4 hours.

The game dosn't really hit it's stride till after that.

Also, a big part of Kingdom Hearts is the story and general atmosphere.

Did you like Disney movies as a kid?

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This is a depressing thread to read through.

Really enlightening as to what kind of ignorant attitudes you can run across ;)
    Oh and if you think I'm talking about you... I'm not.

Personally I have a hard time getting into the new Zeldas. I know they're good. They have decent graphics and a good level of polish, but there's something about the pacing that keeps me from cruising very far into them.
    It seems to be missing some kind of personality or spark that would really get me into the world.

I'll add Halo, Splinter Cell, Elite Beat Agents.
    Probably more I can't think of.

Animal Crossing.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    pheezer FD wrote:
    METAzraeL wrote:
    The Guitar Hero games just don't interest me at all. Maybe it's the crap music, maybe it's my apathy towards guitars, but I can't play them for more than a song or so.

And yet you claim to be a metal fan of any breed.

How about you just fuck off

You're cute when you're agressive.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, what metalhead wouldn't love reducing classic songs to five buttons, or Sum 41 in any form

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Fallout wrote:
    Yeah, what metalhead wouldn't love reducing classic songs to five buttons, or Sum 41 in any form

Nah man. He said he was apathetic towards guitars and that the music was crap.

Stigma on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I was chiming in on guitar hero itself, not meta's personal reasons for disliking it.

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I just want that whole thing cleared up.

Carry on.

Stigma on
  • Options
    scorchoscorcho Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Obligatory Halo remark.
    Yeah, I could never get into the singleplayer mode, it just lacked... everything. It reminded me of any other generic fps, like Turok or something. Multiplayer mode is "Ok" at best, if you got a couple buddies around it could be pretty fun. Overall I just hated the futuristic look and feel of it all, having recharging sheilds meant that one person could dominate a game indefinitely. It may have just sucked because I sucked at it however.. ahh if I every get a 360 I might give it another try on LIVE.

Zelda: Majora's Mask
    Ok, I admit that Ocarina was my first Zelda game but this game just wasn't fun at all. Firstly, I don't want to play as a goron/zora/deku scrub, I want to play as Link.. ya know.. with a sword.

The 3 days to live thing got old really fast, it gave off a weird Groundhog Day'esque feel. Everytime you warped back in time you lost all sense of progress because all the NPCs reverted to their old troubled state, and then you might have to re-beat some bosses again :groan: . And some of the masks were impossible to get if you didn't have a guide, requiring you to meet up with an obscure character at a certain time in town if you wanted their mask. There was just too much stuff to do in this game. I consider this, widely to be the oddball in the 3-d Zeldas.

Mario Sunshine.
    I bought it with my gamecube and played it only a few days :cry:.

Metroid Prime was awesome though.

scorcho on
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Gran Turismo.
    So... fucking.... BORING.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Madden.

Stigma on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2007
    Racing games that dont involve blue shells, Eternal Darkness, Sports Games (seems to be like playing a videogame of a videogame, or a boardgame of a boardgame is the same theory of playing a videogame of a sportsgame. Go outside and play it damnit, the only reasons the games are fun is because they are real and you play with other people, there is nothing fun in throwing a digital fucking ball over fatasses and move the controller to catch it. Wii Sports has changed this, but only because it must be played with friends to be enjoyable, and is interactive.)

Unknown User on
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I agree Scorcho. I'm playing through Majora's Mask at the moment and I have really tried to like it but the game feels a lot like a chore to me. I think the main problem is the three day set-up, I just don't feel like I'm getting anywhere except when I beat a boss or get a new item, but part of the fun of Zelda is progressing and exlporing it's world and Termina "ain't" no Hyrule.

I kind of sgree about Mario Sunshine too. It is a polished and technically excellent game but again I just don't like the setting and also I must be a complete idiot because I keep getting lost just trying to find the next level or sprite to find.

On a postitive note however I am looking forward to my moanings being addressed to by playing through Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and, eventually, Mario Galaxy.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Man, I have no qualms with the original Halo. This could be that I never owned it myself, so me and my roommate played the entire campaign in co-op mode. But I found it good fun. Hell, we'd get bored and load up The Library on Legendary and just blast through shit over and over.

However, Halo 2. We beat that one too. I have no desire whatsoever to go back to it. I mean, yes, they added some stuff. But, other than that, it just lacks a SOUL or something. Just a bunch of nifty features.

This could also stem from the fact that I never really payed attention to Halo's storyline.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This could also stem from the fact that I never really payed attention to Halo's storyline.

There wasn't one. You're safe.

subedii on
  • Options
    Battman23Battman23 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    GTA and Oblivion

I think both are pretty much "too" open ended for me. I know they are great games and all, but when I play a game like that I really want a semi-linear story, ala KoToR. I don't even mind a completely linear story, as long as it's good. How many classic movies have a completely linear story? Saying this, the only GTA type game I enjoy is "The Godfather" for 360. I know it's not the greatest game, but it has some cool concepts and solid gameplay. They basically stole great systems from their other games. (The gunplay from Bond EOE and the fighting from FN.) I love it because the story is great and you can't ever get too much of "The Godfather." And if Pacino would have been cast, I might have been to scared to become Don instead of him.

To sum up my tastes:
    Short, sweet game > Huge ridiculously long game
    Good, linear story > Completely open ended world

I guess this is because I am getting older and don't have as much time to play games. This is why I believe Gears is just amazing. It is short, sweet, and BAMF. They designed for us gamers that are getting older. We are getting married and having families and don't have as much time to play. Anyway, that's another topic.

Battman23 on
  • Options
    SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Rygar wrote:
    Sports Games (seems to be like playing a videogame of a videogame, or a boardgame of a boardgame is the same theory of playing a videogame of a sportsgame. Go outside and play it damnit, the only reasons the games are fun is because they are real and you play with other people, there is nothing fun in throwing a digital fucking ball over fatasses and move the controller to catch it. Wii Sports has changed this, but only because it must be played with friends to be enjoyable, and is interactive.)
    Well, I don't know. I'm not exactly a Sports Game freak but I've enjoyed Football (US and Soccer), Tennis, Golf and Cricket games off the top of my head. The fact is that you can do a great deal in these games that you can't do simply by going outside and playing yourself. Is it possible for me to go and play a game of American Football here in my tiny town in the middle of England? Not really. Gather 22 people together for a full game of football? Nope. I'm pretty awful at golf and I'd sooner pay £20 for a used Golf game than however much it costs to go and play enough Golf to get good myself.

Most importantly most team sport games give you control of the full team. Controlling an individual (yourself) in a real game of, say, Football (soccer) is completely different to controlling a team of players in Pro Evolution Soccer. These games are fun in a different way to going out and playing the sport with friends is fun. I could go on but I feel I've ranted enough already.

My own personal "I don't get it" has to go to a certain way of playing MMORPGs. Perhaps the popularity of WoW has brought this to the fore for me but I've never been a fan of playing for the sheer numbers. Some of my WoW playing friends will frequently greet me with an excited story about how they got a new piece of epic equipment or whatever today. That's great, I understand how that makes your character more powerful but all that struggle just doesn't appeal to me. Was getting it actually fun? For me the means by which I got the piece of equipment is something I'm going to be more likely to tell a friend about than the equipment itself.

But then I still play UO in a Roleplaying Guild so I don't think WoW is for me...

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    RohaqRohaq UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    plufim wrote:
    Gran Turismo.
    So... fucking.... BORING.
    Oh man, fully agreeing with you over here.

Rohaq on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    subedii wrote:

There wasn't one. You're safe.

Oddly enough, Halo and Metroid have the same story, just different settings. Suit-enhanced human saves the world/universe from aliens.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The biggest thing I didn't get is Zelda. I played the one on the SNES, and it was kind of fun at times, but I never really got into it. And I played the N64 one for like an hour before being bored of it too.

Zoolander on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    catalyst wrote:
    Warcraft 3.

I know it was a great, ground-breaking game and I can recognize why people love it.

I want to love it, I want to be engrossed in the story, but playing it makes me pissed off. I love the art and design of the game, hell, I play and enjoy WoW.

Overall, it's just because I don't think I can stand RTS game like that. Micromanaging different groups of troops all over the place makes my head spin.

That being said, the only reason why I wanted to play it was to get the story information before WoW: TBC.

edit: removed the word 'overally.' lawl

I'm with you. I actually LOVED Warcraft 2, but every RTS Blizzard made after that was just horseshit to me. Even Starcraft. Come to think of it, I can't stand anything Blizzard made between Diablo 1 and WoW.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    mark-artmark-art Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Zoolander wrote:
    The biggest thing I didn't get is Zelda. I played the one on the SNES, and it was kind of fun at times, but I never really got into it. And I played the N64 one for like an hour before being bored of it too.

I can attest to this as well. I've played ALL the Zeldas, sincerely wanting to like them, but meh.. I just can't. I even bought TP for my wii, and playing it is very arduous that I have to stop after about 20 minutes or so. Guess what I'll be trading when wario ware comes out?

mark-art on
  • Options
    DarkHawkeDarkHawke Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Resident Evil.

I'm sorry. I like Zombies and the shooting thereof, and I generally don't mind survival horror even if it is a little formulaic. But I just never got into the early ones. I just didn't particularly give a shit about the characters, and honestly found watching them die again and again quite entertaining.

And I have a thing about being utterly powerless in games. I mean, I've no problem about being outmatched, but if I'm dead when a zombie so much as sneezes at me, I'm less interested.

I've yet to try Resi 4 though.

DarkHawke on
  • Options
    LoneIgadzraLoneIgadzra Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Somebody said deathmatches that aren't Quake earlier, so I'm gonna come in on the opposite side of things. When I first got broadband, I downloaded the Quake III demo just to see what that was all about, and lo and behold it was like UT but a million times more retarded and with worse graphics and options. Not to mention, the Q3 engine cursed an entire generation of games that utilized it with floaty characters.

Racing sims. (Need I say more?)

Sports games. (I like my swords and sorcery thankyouverymuch, not sweaty muscular guys wearing shoulder pads playing games I don't give a shit about in RL.)

Half-Life 1. I am a proud owner and lover of HL2, but I never played HL1 when it came out, and going back and playing it now... is not particularly enjoyable. I actually did get kinda far, but gave up when I couldn't figure out what to do with this monster in kind of a cylindrical room. Very very irritating when I can't figure out where to go next, which happens a lot.

NES games. I know a lot of people who have inordinate nostalgia for these things, but I never had an NES and playing these games now is just not fun for me, with the possible exception of the Mario games. But even Mario I find irritatingly hard, and the lack of a save function seals the deal. Zelda 1 I don't find fun in any way whatsoever. The fact of the matter is, we as a species learned a lot about game design after that era.

Morrowind. Though this is a bit tentative, since I own the game and have maybe 20 hours into, but I can't see where people get hundreds from. The only fun thing in Morrowind whatsoever is exploring. The quests suck, the combat sucks, the balance sucks, the movement speed sucks, and there are way too many places like the fucking Vivec sewers that are totally empty except for rats and a few impossible quests and yet some moron bothered to lay them out in the game. I just got bored or frustrated every time I picked it up.

For me, Oblivion was like Morrowind but playable. This is a game I can sink a hundred hours in - despite half-assed things and repetition, it seems like well thought-out repetition to me. I always love a good Ayleid ruin (at least with OOO in so you actually get loot). Granted, Morrowind had a lot of great flavor and things I miss in Oblivion, but I don't miss the Morrowind gameplay.

The Blizzard style of RTS. I don't understand why there are so many people in the world who find resource management more fun than Myth-style tactical strategy. To me, there is nothing more un-fun. Fuck resource management. If I wanted to play games about that, I'd get a job as an accountant.

I'll make an exception for Starcraft though. But I do hate Warcraft 3. To me it seems like a classic example of a game where what you do have to do to win (micromanage everything in ways that aren't intuitive due to the lack of realistic anything, engage in lots of jargonized activities) is not particularly fun or self-evident. I liked Starcraft because it could be explosive and you never knew what crazy shit would go down in a game, but WC3 is so tame in comparison and it's always over in like one battle.

Also, AOE games for that matter. It's like if you grafted a retarded historical veneer on Warcraft and increased the amount of irritating micromanagement of resources.

MMORPG's. Actually, I think I would get these more if there a game like classic UO around any more. Nowadays all they are is Diablo with more boring combat. EVE would be good, but it's too hard to get into the actual interesting stuff in 0.0. But we already had a whole topic a while ago about the problems with MMORPG's which I will not rehash here. Suffice to say, if I'm paying a monthly fee I want gameplay I can't get in a non-MMORPG that makes use of the fact that there are hundreds or thousands of players logged on. No current games do this to my satisfaction. (And yes, I've played about three weeks of WoW. Not a bad game, but nothing I'd pay that much money for.) I dunno, maybe it's just cause I'm not interested in the social aspects at all. To me, social gaming is sitting around the GameCube playing Soul Calibur or Smash Bros., not denying the people around me and logging into a server 24/7 so I can get my moneys worth.

Oh, and lastly, Majora's Mask. I am a hardcore Zelda fan for the most part, and I really want to like this game for the concept, but every time I play it's just not fun. I go back to OOT and have fun revisiting cool locations with good music. Blurry yes, but lots of nostalgia. Go back to MM, and it's also blurry, but there's none of the pleasing and atmospheric tunes, and I can't get into a dungeon because of a mask I never got because I never was at the right place at the right time on the second day. There are awesome parts in the game that I definitely loved (protecting the cows, woodfall palace), but I hated Termina field (song... so... irritating), hated everything up north with the gorons, hated the deku palace, hated the beach... it's hard to explain, but the game was just really rarely pleasing for me to play.

A response to everyone listing Halo if you'll let me, after ranting this long: Halo, for whatever flaws it may have had in some of the levels (and there were also damn good levels) it had fantastic gameplay, unusually strategic for a shooter, and a fairly decent and immersive story with fantastic presentation. With Halo being as fun as it was, I'm prepared to forgive the Library or copied and pasted rooms or retread levels, partly due to said fun and partly because it actually wasn't all that bad. (The Library gave a nice sense of a desperate battle against endless hordes if you were into the story, and the same-thing-but-backwards level I thought was actually pretty cool. Quick and easy maybe, but fun nevertheless.) Halo's about the action, not level design so much.

LoneIgadzra on
  • Options
    soapofdurdensoapofdurden Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Just stealing a few I agree with.

Gran Turismo
    Guitar Hero
    Most Handheld games (It's just hard for me to sit down and play a handheld. Don't know why.)

soapofdurden on
    Xbox Live: soapofdurden, Twitter!
  • Options
    cemetery mancemetery man Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Guild Wars, felt too much like a Korean MMO with very little real substance. I think mainly it's just the emphasis on pvp that puts me off these types of games.

cemetery man on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    For me, Oblivion was like Morrowind but playable.
    Been my thoughts for a while.

Xagarath on