As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BALANCE ON] Team Fortress 2: Pyro Nerf Applied

• Options
    savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Speaking of the pyro craze, I think the critzkrieg has become a lot more appealing for medics now that pyros have the leaf blower, especially if you're on defense. You generally don't have to deal with sentries on defense and if you try übering a pyro the both of you just get juggled until it runs out, but give a critz to a demoman and he can wreck some shit with his grenades and finish with a few crit stickies. For offense you still need a normal über to take out sentries but if you have an extra medic they could use the critzkrieg on a heavy, demoman or soldier to clear a path for the über.

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Speaking of the pyro craze, I think the critzkrieg has become a lot more appealing for medics now that pyros have the leaf blower, especially if you're on defense. You generally don't have to deal with sentries on defense and if you try übering a pyro the both of you just get juggled until it runs out, but give a critz to a demoman and he can wreck some shit with his grenades and finish with a few crit stickies. For offense you still need a normal über to take out sentries but if you have an extra medic they could use the critzkrieg on a heavy, demoman or soldier to clear a path for the über.

Just be careful about krubering soldiers... You don't want that kruber to turn on you.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Heavy + Critzkrieg = Minigun Sniping. Seriously, it doesn't matter that 90% of the bullets miss at long range, when it only take 2 or 3 hits to kill you. :P

Houn on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    This is true, when I start critting as a heavy, I don't care who is around me, I aim for the closest person, whether they're overhealed or not.

They all fall down okay.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Job_41:25Job_41:25 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If you critzkrieg a pyro do you get critical leafblower pushes? If not, this needs to be implemented immediately.

They should push you across the entire map.

Job_41:25 on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Icemopper wrote: »
    This is true, when I start critting as a heavy, I don't care who is around me, I aim for the closest person, whether they're overhealed or not.

They all fall down okay.

It's crazy enough when you get a few kills behind you and start to hit the sweet spot of "20% crit rate" all on your own. Sure, only 1 in 5 bullets does Massive Damage, but you're spraying sixteen a second.

Having 100% crit bullets coming out at that rate = YOU ARE ALL DEAD!

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Job_41:25 wrote: »
    If you critzkrieg a pyro do you get critical leafblower pushes? If not, this needs to be implemented immediately.

If this were true, we'd have to have a game of pyros only, 100% crits, leafblower air bursts only.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

I think that like the Blutsauger and other weapons, there's no such thing as a "crit leafblower" :(

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

If this were true, we'd have to have a game of pyros only, 100% crits, leafblower air bursts only.

You'd need a Soldier per side to spam rockets though.

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    in this vr. you can actually read the text
    http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/84/dndcharthf7.png

Fuga on
  • Options
    Lando_GriffinLando_Griffin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I was in a game the other day where we were getting hosed pretty well as a team so we decided to all wait in our spawn then simultaneously come out as Scouts with only bats, it was hilarious but their pyro's loved it.

Then we all did spies...

Lando_Griffin on
    xfire sig: rustyaqualung
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    bleh, i was trying to work on my sniping last night.....and i don't know if i can work on it....i seem to just continually suck at the same level of suck....booooo

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Edcrab wrote: »

Yeah, it died down rather quickly thanks to Valve lowering the bar for getting the weapons. I'm really glad they did, as now most people have either gotten the 3rd milestone, or are extremely close. Now all is right again with the universe. I still fear the heavy update though.

Yeah, it was definitely the way to go, and then Valve go ahead and sort out the medic achievements too. <3

Also a crazy vaguely-foreign-sounding androgynous guy/girl was hitting on me in a pub. I am burning my headphones as we speak. Mics aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Hi Ed. Nice match yesterday. I like the part where I repeatedly shot you in the face.

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    yay new topic

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    JonnyBot wrote: »
    Edcrab wrote: »

Yeah, it died down rather quickly thanks to Valve lowering the bar for getting the weapons. I'm really glad they did, as now most people have either gotten the 3rd milestone, or are extremely close. Now all is right again with the universe. I still fear the heavy update though.

Yeah, it was definitely the way to go, and then Valve go ahead and sort out the medic achievements too. <3

Also a crazy vaguely-foreign-sounding androgynous guy/girl was hitting on me in a pub. I am burning my headphones as we speak. Mics aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Hi Ed. Nice match yesterday. I like the part where I repeatedly shot you in the face.

I liked the part where we beat your team. That was a nice part.

Schuss was the only one who pulled off something genuinely badass that game, and that came courtesy of a hadouken to the back. Next time screenshot it damn it Schuss!

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    The new hadouken is easily the best way to make a great moment. Unsuspecting teleporters, snipers, and just people exiting their spawn.

You can even kill people with it during stalemate!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The new hadouken is easily the best way to make a great moment. Unsuspecting teleporters, snipers, and just people exiting their spawn.

I haven't had a chance to play pyro yet since the patch since everyone and their mother's are playing them currently - the hadoken taunt damages building as well? Nice. :)

Slagmire on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    When I opened TF2 for the first time after the new patch, the medic milestones 2 & 3 unlocked while I was in the menu.

edit: I don't play in pubs edcrab how could I have been hitting on you?

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Slagmire wrote: »

I haven't had a chance to play pyro yet since the patch since everyone and their mother's are playing them currently - the hadoken taunt damages building as well? Nice. :)

Oh sorry, I meant people who are teleporting, exiting and entering. I have no idea if it damages buildings.

Imagine killing a sentry with it... that would be the best.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Man you people post too fast for me to keep up. I for one am very happy about the lowered medic unlock requirement. Maybe I'll just batten down the hatches and get grand rounds and another achievment or two and finally have my beloved ubersaw.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    WOO

that is all.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    martymarty Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    two hands finishes tomorrow

me

whats this iowa has a mic

is he audible

Must quit crack

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    rakuen I haven't seen you on the servers in a forever.

e: marty I don't understand a word of that. but I did hear iowa talking.

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    marty wrote: »

me

is he audible

Must quit crack
    MARTY ARE YOU READY TO PARTY?

-ladies MOVE
    -gentlemen MOVE

ok but for real, you ready to 6v6 and take names? I'm already an admin on that tf2pickup.com stuff and shf! is getting a lot of recognition.

when's finals over?

SoaL: Yea I've been TF2 busy by practicing 6v6 and scrimming with shf! and getting ready for CAL Season 2 near the end of the summer.

Another thing I've been doing A LOT is there's a HUGE TF2 community using www.tf2pickup.com it's an automated IRC bot that when you go into this channel --

1) An admin starts up a game and it says pretty much "GAME STARTED ADD UP"
    2) You type !add to join the 6v6, either picked by captains like dodgeball and the tournament we did, or it's randomly assigned in a pool.
    3) mIRC sends you info like "connect 35.322.63 blah blah password: wang" and ventrillo information for you and the other 5 people you're playing with.

Just imagine us PAers going into IRC and typing !add and getting randomly assigned to a 6v6 against all of the people you already know and/or you can just have like marty go captain on RED and i'm captain on BLU and pick our teammates.

But yea enough of the rant, if you guys are interested in some competitive play and want to try out 6v6, check it out at www.tf2pickup.com

Amazing, amazing practice and really improves your skills more than you can believe.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    TVs_FrankTVs_Frank Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

me

is he audible

Must quit crack

In haiku form please.

TVs_Frank on
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

I think that like the Blutsauger and other weapons, there's no such thing as a "crit leafblower" :(
    Wrong! it turns the projectile you reflect into a critical! i have done it and it was glorious

I was standing at the bottom of some stairs in turbine, and a demo was lobbing grenades at me, while i was blowing them back at him. the least 2 he fired rolled at me, i pushed them, the color changed and they got sparkly, he stepped out to fire again, right on top of them. i hear the "critical hit" sound and he went flying right into my flames.

best
    kill
    ever

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    SoaL wrote: »
    edit: I don't play in pubs edcrab how could I have been hitting on you?

I really wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be one of you guys e-stalking me. I just seem to be a weirdo-magnet on pubs.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    im done tomorrow. Dear god do I love these senheisser wirelesses, they are sexing my ears

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    SoaL wrote: »
    rakuen I haven't seen you on the servers in a forever.

e: marty I don't understand a word of that. but I did hear iowa talking.

Must be that helicopter you keep going in your room. They spinnin' nigga they spinnin'

Is he audible, and what's his nerd rating

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    iowa only speaks in Klingon and Elvish

He was pretty much incomprehensible

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    im done tomorrow. Dear god do I love these senheisser wirelesses, they are sexing my ears

Might I raise you these?

They make the game so incredibly sexy, and having that mic detachable is awesome.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Must be that helicopter you keep going in your room. They spinnin' nigga they spinnin'

Is he audible, and what's his nerd rating
    LOL those senheisser are sick man, DUCOM actually signed us up for uhhhmm... one sec

http://wowriot.gameriot.com/blogs/CEVO-News-Events/CEVO-Announces-FREE-Team-Fortress-2-Tournament-The-Sennheiser-3600-Open

go there, if shf! even comes in 3rd of this tournament, we're going to get so much free sweet fucking shit from senheisser.

On iowa, marty picture the most stoned person you've ever heard and add about 20 more blunts into his system and you've got about 50% of what iowa actually sounds like. He doesn't even smoke supposingly either.

Plus he sounds like a stoner. WICKED STONED.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    While you guyz are talking about headphones, anybody got a bluetooth mike recommendation? I've recently set up my place to be bluetooth, and I'd like a bluetooth mike. I just need the mike most of all because I've got a nice surround sound system thing going on and I like it, headphones would just be a bonus. I also don't care about quality, in fact, I need it to be low quality, for price, and because I like sounding like a robot. So I guess I'm looking for the cheapest bluetooth mike I can find. Any ideas?

Edit: Well, when I say low quality, I mean, people can understand me, but I don't particularly care if it's clear as crystal or slightly staticy, as long as I'm not raping ears or shouting to be heard.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Major failure for no mic. How am I suppose to Offensive Engineer without coordination?

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    FUCK YES I RULE

Woop, look at dem 3 hunnerd dollar cans.

Me and Iowa are dating now. We call each other regularly and discuss varying subjects.(How fat you are, How awesome I am etc)

I also got my ubersaw last night. Done it legit boyo I am the best.

What on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Mighty wrote: »

Wrong! it turns the projectile you reflect into a critical!

I didn't think I could possibly love the pyro anymore. I was wrong. :)

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Posting.

TheBog on
  • Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    No you guys get these headphones. Best things ever, ive had them for like 8 years holy shit.

iowa on
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I needs mic though.

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Two threads every week seems to be a good pace.

If Valve decides to do two classes at once, I'm pretty sure the forums would melt.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
This discussion has been closed.