As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Best humorous LPs?

• KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It has probably already been linked, but

Joats Draws A Penis, with Friends

NWS, obviously.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited June 2008
    Pata wrote: »
    lostwords wrote: »

Is this, by chance, the same SO who posts here?

Yeah, it's him. He posts (or used to) on another forum I frequent as well. I think SA has stolen him from us all lately though.

Aroduc on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8513457466109224037

It's 1 and a half hours, but you'll know which part in it had me rolling on the floor laughing and crying (skip ahead to world 8).

<3 Gilder

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • RichardTauberRichardTauber Kvlt Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I showed the Animal Crossing LP to the Mrs. and she's currently laughing herself to death and she's just played AC for like a minute or two before getting bored.

RichardTauber on
  • GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Aegis wrote: »
    [snip]Fuuuuuuck[/snip]

It's 1 and a half hours, but you'll know which part in it had me rolling on the floor laughing and crying (skip ahead to world 8).

<3 Gilder

Why did I even upload that? I should've just scrapped that and tried again after I found out the right way to go because goddamn I was stupid. I could've at least split the video into 3 parts. I didn't even think of that. So stupid.

Gilder on
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I know you'd prefer screenshot LPs, but I have to take this chance to mention Maxwell Adams and his awesome Oblivion LP. It is my favorite style of LP - a bunch of nerds gathered 'round a guy playing a video game and just shootin' the shit

He also did a hilarious Resident Evil 4 LP but then his Wii broke or something

He's still doing RE4, but has moved on to doing Elebits + whatever the hell else he decides (be it Bomberman/F-Zero/Okagi/Kirby)

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Urian wrote: »
    I wanna be the guy was one of the greatest chronicles of the downfall of a man's psyche trying to conquer the hardest game ever made.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QO96BixUii8

The downfall of a man's psyche? I wanna be the guy? No I think you are confused. That is now a decent into madness.

Hell Temple is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY0IH80cHB0

There is not that will ever be as soul crushing as Hell Temple.

Indeed that is impressive. But behold the final chapter in the I wanna be the guy legacy by UltraJMan

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N4x_3M_VeD0&feature=related

go to 1:00 in to have a taste of how far this daring LP'ers mind has fallen into the chasm of insanity

Urian on
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wow... that's insane.

devoir on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Princess maker 2.

Oh god, I love it so fucking much

The Black Hunter on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Princess Maker was amazing(now I know where rayofash got that signature from), but so far, I love this Resident Evil: Code Veronica LP. Lots of fourth wall breaking.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Aroduc wrote: »
    lostwords wrote: »

Is this, by chance, the same SO who posts here?

Yeah, it's him. He posts (or used to) on another forum I frequent as well. I think SA has stolen him from us all lately though.

You mean SE + + right?

The Black Hunter on
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, I only ever saw him post in the G&T Dwarf Fortress thread.

This thread seems to be inviting a fair amount of "crossover", though. But, anyway, enough meta-BS about supposed boundaries.

ASimPerson on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    ASimPerson wrote: »

This thread seems to be inviting a fair amount of "crossover", though. But, anyway, enough meta-BS about supposed boundaries.

He did one of the first real LPs here in G&T. It was X-COM: UFO Defense and it was an excellent thread.

Only as comedic as X-COM LPs tend to be, though. Some silly dialogue and huge body counts.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited June 2008
    theclam wrote: »

Is the only mp3 available the one for part 1? I wanted to listen to the entire thing.

Urian on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Pancake wrote: »
    ASimPerson wrote: »

He did one of the first real LPs here in G&T. It was X-COM: UFO Defense and it was an excellent thread.

Only as comedic as X-COM LPs tend to be, though. Some silly dialogue and huge body counts.

His X-Com LP introduced me to the care and feeding of red shirts. So many dead, so many.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2008
    Are all the "humorous" LPs guys with incredibly annoying voices shouting at "hilariously" hard games.

Tube on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Are all the "humorous" LPs guys with incredibly annoying voices shouting at "hilariously" hard games.

Yeah, mostly.

Some of them also have annoying accents or speech impediments that people call accents.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited June 2008
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=PXrGQXYQOhA&feature=related

3:40 in it gets absolutely hillarious

Urian on
    edited June 2008
    does he shout at the screen a bunch? with his annoying voice

OOOOHOOHOHOHOHAHAHAAHHOHOHOHOHO

Tube on
    edited June 2008
    does he shout at the screen a bunch? with his annoying voice

OOOOHOOHOHOHOHAHAHAAHHOHOHOHOHO

Yes I find this stuff funny and you don't, congratulations.

Urian on
    edited June 2008
    What do you know about a porcepines balls?

They're small and they don't give a shit!

Like this Gaaame!

The Black Hunter on
    edited June 2008
    HAHAHA HE SHOUTED ASS

Tube on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Tube, I need help, I can't decide which post to report for Awesome.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Neither, he's not clever, he's just pulling the same dickish shit he always does.

Recoil42 on
    edited June 2008
    Recoil42 has a thing about me. It's like a crush but cuter. 2 out of his last 3 posts have involved me. He is pulling my pigtails and I love it.

Seriously, I think encouraging the Let's Plays that are just some guy shouting "DICK! ASS! DICKASS!" at a tv screen playing some overly hard game diminish the whole LP "genre". There are some genuinely funny and good ones out there and all the attention is going to people who never really got over the novelty of naughty words.

Tube on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You could turn the volume down and enjoy the torture. Add in Benny Hill music or whatever floats your boat.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
    edited June 2008
    Recoil42 has a thing about me. It's like a crush but cuter. 2 out of his last 3 posts have involved me. He is pulling my pigtails and I love it.

Seriously, I think encouraging the Let's Plays that are just some guy shouting "DICK! ASS! DICKASS!" at a tv screen playing some overly hard game diminish the whole LP "genre". There are some genuinely funny and good ones out there and all the attention is going to people who never really got over the novelty of naughty words.

Since when is someone forcing you to watch the ones you don't like? A lot of us find the kind of stuff I posted funny, and a lot don't. You don't have to watch if you don't want to.

Urian on
    edited June 2008

Since when is someone forcing you to watch the ones you don't like? A lot of us find the kind of stuff I posted funny, and a lot don't. You don't have to watch if you don't want to.

No one's forcing you to read my posts decrying the videos either. I'm expressing my enlightened opinion. Quit opressing me, jerk face.

Tube on
    edited June 2008
    time paradox

Urian on
    edited June 2008
    time paradox

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

Tube on
    edited June 2008
    time paradox

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!

Urian on
  • Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Baby, it turns me on when you look into my post history like that. <3

Recoil42 on
    edited June 2008
    Recoil42 wrote: »

Baby, it turns me on when you look into my post history like that. <3

This is the creepiest thing I have ever read on this forum.

Show me more.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Holy shit, that Animal Crossing thing was awesome.

YaYa on
  • Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Metal Wolf Chaos. The game itself is where the funny is at.

http://fromearth.net/LetsPlay/Metal%20Wolf%20Chaos/

Shady3011 on
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    theclam wrote: »

Is the only mp3 available the one for part 1? I wanted to listen to the entire thing.

There's an mp3 for the first and last parts, that's all. They are pretty great though.

Sara Lynn on
  • IshbuIshbu Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Deceased crab's Startropics LP is great. Especially since I only got past like the second level when I played the game as a kid. Oh well, maybe I'll replay it on Wii VC.

Ishbu on
    Play my game and serve beer to angry dwarves: The Tavern
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    this is the best thing i've ever seen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGvZa3tiYwY&feature=related

Fuga on
  • Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh god. God damn. I don't think I can ever play Animal Crossing again.

Ever.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2008
    Oh my good god. That is... Ahahahahha!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg