As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fucking Cheaters

• CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    When I shit this burrito out it's going to be a fucking log of pure joy.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • FlavabeanFlavabean Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Callius wrote: »
    Guys...

Ladies...

People...

I have a breakfast burrito and holy fuck it's the most delicious thing ever created.

Super Sonic Breakfast Burrito? The most godly burrito ever devised?

Flavabean on
    newsig.jpg
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Druhim wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    Don't forget Senior movie theater prices!
    $.50 off a $12 ticket!

Thats like half a dollar.
    heck, that's a cup of coffee at the old Denny's to go with my grand slam!
    no way I'm all about the Rootie Tootie Fresh 'n Fruity!
    we know

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEr_Qqkswyc

"There's a thousand dollars in there...or maybe there isn't."

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    It really isn't that hard to memorize formulas, like 3 or 4 exposures should be enough?
    And not to get on your back, I've got it pretty light, but if you cheated and had to work + do your course time, I'm sure there was someone who didn't cheat and was in the same situation.

Also don't they give you Formulas ever? Like, a sheet of relevant stuff.

by the time you get to the point where every single slightly different problem requires a totally different formula, usually involving 5 or so variables raised to the power of 0.693 or whatever, well yeah.

no

memorizing formulas is for courses with easy math.

engineering formulas are a pain in the ass. all derived empirically and shit.

I'm in an engineering course, we will see how this works out for me.
    you will want to kill yourself

i have many friends in an engineering school

Faricazy on
  • BlitzkriegBlitzkrieg Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Quoth wrote: »
    Cheaters piss me off because then they get degrees and jobs and next thing you know bridges are collapsing and allergies are being misdiagnosed as depression. College isn't just about getting a certain GPA, it's about learning information that is vital to your future career. If you can't hack it, drop out and work retail.

QFT

I'm so sick and tired of fucking idiots graduating with CS or SWE degrees and not being able to design or code the most basic of applications.

Hooray, you copied your classmates program and got full credit! Now you're totally qualified to write code on this missile guidance system!

Oh wait.

Blitzkrieg on
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Callius wrote: »
    Guys...

Ladies...

People...

I have a breakfast burrito and holy fuck it's the most delicious thing ever created.

Tell me more of this breakfasty goodness.

Is it big enough to smuggle notes into an exam hall, for example?

Desktop Hippie on
  • Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Only time I've cheated, back in 2nd or 3rd grade, Our teacher wrote the words up on the board and then the next day we take it, but i didn't write the words down, so on the test when they were erased, I looked at the board and moved my head a bit so the light would reflect on it, and allow me to see the words cause they left a ghost behind when erased after an extended period of time. She caught on to this after about 3 tests.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Tell me more of this breakfasty goodness.

Is it big enough to smuggle notes into an exam hall, for example?
    It's big enough to smuggle a huge log into my rectum with.

It's so good.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • I Am Not A BearI Am Not A Bear Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Cheaters piss me off because then they get degrees and jobs and next thing you know bridges are collapsing and allergies are being misdiagnosed as depression. College isn't just about getting a certain GPA, it's about learning information that is vital to your future career. If you can't hack it, drop out and work retail.

Nice try, fucker. Me not memorizing a set of formulas that I can easily reference outside of an exam and apply to a situation does not result in me not being able to perform my job competently.

OH SHIT

YOU DIDN't MEMORIZE THAT FOR AN EXAM

BUT YOU CAN REFERENCE IT ANYTIME YOU WANT TO OUTSIDE OF THE EXAM

WELL FUCK

AND YOU KNOW HOW IT APPLIES

GOD

WE'RE ALL DOOMED REGARDLESS

WHAT IF YOU'RE DESIGNING A BRIDGE

AND YOU'RE IN A CLASS ROOM

AND YOU HAVE TO DESIGN IT USING A STANDARDIZED TESTING BOOKLET

FUCK

YOU'RE SCREWED

I Am Not A Bear on
  • GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I cheated on a test once in my life. I didn't know that the last part of the test was actually part of the test. My teacher had a habit of giving out little coloring/labeling exercises when she thought most people were done with their tests. Well, she told us that the map we had to color/label stuff on was part of the test later on in the day. I was in 4th grade and I was devastated that I had cheated on a test. So I went up and told her I cheated.

I got to keep my score because I was being honest.

GoldenSeducer on
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Faricazy wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    It really isn't that hard to memorize formulas, like 3 or 4 exposures should be enough?
    And not to get on your back, I've got it pretty light, but if you cheated and had to work + do your course time, I'm sure there was someone who didn't cheat and was in the same situation.

by the time you get to the point where every single slightly different problem requires a totally different formula, usually involving 5 or so variables raised to the power of 0.693 or whatever, well yeah.

no

engineering formulas are a pain in the ass. all derived empirically and shit.

I'm in an engineering course, we will see how this works out for me.
    you will want to kill yourself

i have many friends in an engineering school

Well I'm only one semester in, it is a common first year, so you do a little of each strain that my school offers, then you pick after, I did all the stuff I didn't want to do last semester, hopefully I fucking pass one of my exams, I think everyone did just as poorly from talking to some of the brighter kids, it was a huge jump in difficulty from any of the previous exams which I did in prep.
    But my other 3 were fine. I think at least, we will see come result publication. Depending on how into the subjects I wanted to do at the start of this year, coming up soon, I will decide if I want to continue, I was lacking direction at the end of high school last year, being a maths science kid this seemed like a direction I might like to go in, so I applied and I'm going to keep learning shit until I decide if I want to continue or not.

stimtokolos on
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    protostorm wrote: »
    Only time I've cheated, back in 2nd or 3rd grade, Our teacher wrote the words up on the board and then the next day we take it, but i didn't write the words down, so on the test when they were erased, I looked at the board and moved my head a bit so the light would reflect on it, and allow me to see the words cause they left a ghost behind when erased after an extended period of time. She caught on to this after about 3 tests.

brilliant young mind

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    edited June 2008
    Cheating on Gen Ed and other bullshit classes...is that socially acceptable?

Flavabean on
    newsig.jpg
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So a professor at my university has suggested that when a student begins their degree, they should be asked what classification they want and issued with the certificate on the spot, after which point it will be up to them whether they want to attend their classes or not.

I think that is a great idea.

Prolegomena on
    edited June 2008

Next time punch her in the stomache.

Guess your career in cheating goes way back to grade school huh?

I especially like that a Google search of "stomache" has the first hit being:

Urban Dictionary: 1) An idiot that can't spell stomach.

Fitting, methinks.

Blitzkrieg on
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Blitzkrieg wrote: »

QFT

I'm so sick and tired of fucking idiots graduating with CS or SWE degrees and not being able to design or code the most basic of applications.

Hooray, you copied your classmates program and got full credit! Now you're totally qualified to write code on this missile guidance system!

Oh wait.

Yeah, call me crazy, but this makes me just a tiny bit nervous. You can't pass your final without cheating, but you're going to design a 40-story building? Um...

Quoth on
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Nice try, fucker. Me not memorizing a set of formulas that I can easily reference outside of an exam and apply to a situation does not result in me not being able to perform my job competently.

OH SHIT

WELL FUCK

GOD

FUCK

YOU'RE SCREWED

don't post like this, it's irritating

FAQ on
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I don't think I've ever cheated on a test. If I deserve to fail I definitely fail.

Sara Lynn on
  • trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Also I'd think you at least have to complete a thesis before designing missile guidance systems.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It's good to know that, as a theater major, I can cheat as often as I like without worrying about accidently launching a spacecraft into the sun.

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
    edited June 2008

OH SHIT

WELL FUCK

GOD

FUCK

YOU'RE SCREWED

OH SHIT, YOUR BRAIN IS SO FUCKING TINY THAT YOU CAN'T MEMORIZE FORMULAS FOR AN EXAM, THAT REALLY GIVES ME CONFIDENCE IN YOUR ABILITIES.

Eat a dick.

Quoth on
    edited June 2008
    Blitzkrieg wrote: »

Next time punch her in the stomache.

Guess your career in cheating goes way back to grade school huh?

I especially like that a Google search of "stomache" has the first hit being:

Urban Dictionary: 1) An idiot that can't spell stomach.

Fitting, methinks.

I cheated my way out of the womb.

I Am Not A Bear on
    edited June 2008
    FAQ wrote: »

OH SHIT

WELL FUCK

GOD

FUCK

YOU'RE SCREWED

don't post , it's irritating

There, fixed that for ya FAQ.

Blitzkrieg on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    trentsteel wrote: »
    Also I'd think you at least have to complete a thesis before designing missile guidance systems.

Great, now all our missiles are gonna go straight up and fall back down on us.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    What in the hell, blitz

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    edited June 2008

OH SHIT

WELL FUCK

GOD

FUCK

YOU'RE SCREWED

OH SHIT, YOUR BRAIN IS SO FUCKING TINY THAT YOU CAN'T MEMORIZE FORMULAS FOR AN EXAM, THAT REALLY GIVES ME CONFIDENCE IN YOUR ABILITIES.

Eat a dick.

Yea, that's exactly it. Since in interviews the first question they ask is if you can memorize formulas. Not what actual technical training and work experiences you have.

I Am Not A Bear on
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

OH SHIT

WELL FUCK

GOD

FUCK

YOU'RE SCREWED

whoa, somebody is overcompensating due to guilt
    it's the cheater guy

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
    edited June 2008
    trentsteel wrote: »

You would think so, wouldn't you?

Not so much.

Blitzkrieg on
  • UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Umaro wrote: »
    It's good to know that, as a theater major, I can cheat as often as I like without worrying about accidently launching a spacecraft into the sun.

No comment about someone accidently launching their dick into my ass? For shame.

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    quoth i hate to break it to you but you ask any doctor out there if they remember half the shit they learned in school and they will all tell you the same thing "99% of what i know as a doctor i learned once i left med school"

and it is the same for pretty much every profession under the sun.
    your experience is what determines how well you are going to do, there's only so much that books and studying can give you
    school is there as a means to give you some base knowledge to expand upon and to weed out those who don't have the drive and capabilities to continue.
    it by no means teaches you everything you need in any field.

that being said, i don't agree with cheating, but if you can pull it off without getting caught, all the power to ya.

beavotron on
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Also bear, how the fuck do you know he was even talking to/about you there, pretty sure that was his/her first post in this thread. I'm not going to go back and check but I think I'm right there.

stimtokolos on
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yea, that's exactly it. Since in interviews the first question they ask is if you can memorize formulas. Not what actual technical training and work experiences you have.

I'm sure you make a delightful candidate.

Prolegomena on
    edited June 2008

OH SHIT

WELL FUCK

GOD

FUCK

YOU'RE SCREWED

Eat a dick.

No, but I imagine they want to know about your GPA, and your GPA is meaningless if you cheated to get it. You didn't earn it. Likewise your degree.

You go to school to learn. If you are cheating, what are you learning?

Quoth on
  • KrentzKrentz Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If school is too hard for you to pass without cheating maybe you're not learning enough/not smart enough. You should be doing something more on your mental level like manual labor or customer service. The reason grades exist is because they are an indication that you know enough to do what the degree is intended for.

This Bear fella sounds like countless kids that we've hired straight out of college who don't know how to do anything and then are quickly let go. You cheated and still couldn't pull a 4.0? Sounds like you should be mopping a floor somewhere.

Krentz on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2008

No comment about someone accidently launching their dick into my ass? For shame.

That isn't an accident when you are a theatre major.

Flavabean on
    newsig.jpg
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

I'm sure you make a delightful candidate.

The interviewer asks for his GPA and he just starts screaming and screaming

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
    edited June 2008
    Lord Dave wrote: »

OH SHIT

WELL FUCK

GOD

FUCK

YOU'RE SCREWED

whoa, somebody is overcompensating due to guilt
    it's the cheater guy

DSC_0110.jpg
    HURF DURF HURF DURF

I Am Not A Bear on
  • ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

no

Seriously though, no formula sheet?

no, for that course, we took the goddamn text book and notes in.

it's the courses between physics 101 (f = a * m) and that that sometimes had texts, sometimes didn't, and usually needed them.

Memorization is for biology students.

Zonkytonkman on
    edited June 2008
    beavotron wrote: »
    quoth i hate to break it to you but you ask any doctor out there if they remember half the shit they learned in school and they will all tell you the same thing "99% of what i know as a doctor i learned once i left med school"

and it is the same for pretty much every profession under the sun.
    your experience is what determines how well you are going to do, there's only so much that books and studying can give you
    school is there as a means to give you some base knowledge to expand upon and to weed out those who don't have the drive and capabilities to continue.
    it by no means teaches you everything you need in any field.

that being said, i don't agree with cheating, but if you can pull it off without getting caught, all the power to ya.

Wow, my grandfather must have gone to a really special school, because he never said any such thing. He actually bitched a lot about younger guys who didn't know anything and how he wondered what they were doing in school when they were supposed to be learning.

And may I note that you stated school is "to weed out those who don't have the drive and capabilities to continue" and what can I say, I think you just supported my point. If you cheat, you're not capable.

Quoth on