As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2008 Button Exchange! Updated OP 8/9

• Ukali.KulaUkali.Kula Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah definately give ur buttons to someone else if you've already purchased em... Can't hurt to try.

Ukali.Kula on
  • MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Soups wrote: »
    Awesome design!

In other news, I unfortunately won't be able to go this year (decided to go camping with my folks instead) so no one will be able to get my buttons. Sorry everyone! Maybe if we do it again next year.
    Thanks Soups! Sorry to hear you won't be attending.

I think we should organize to put together a button package for anyone who's participating but not attending.

MarsChelios on
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I didn't think to count mine before I sent it to redhalo. =( I ordered 50, but apparently that's not necessarily reflective of the number you actually receive. =) I wonder if they give more for an unexpected bonus, or if their counting machine for the process is inaccurate. =)

The machine produces a hundred buttons a second, and the guy that runs it has to guess how long to press the button.

Or at least, thinking about it that way makes me laugh.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Soups wrote: »
    In other news, I unfortunately won't be able to go this year (decided to go camping with my folks instead) so no one will be able to get my buttons. Sorry everyone! Maybe if we do it again next year.

:( Definitely give your buttons to someone to trade for you.

MaoChan on
    edited June 2008
    Well, still working on getting my higher res version of my baby pic for my avatar button (talked to my mother this weekend, she said she'd try to find a scanner). But I have the final design for the buttons I'm making for people who play on my TF2 server:
    PA%20TF2%20Heavy%20Tea%20Preview.png

jonxp on
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    OK, do you guys know that "fanny" in English English means a totally different thing to in American English? We don't have "fanny pouches" here, we have bum bags. Yes, they are exactly the same accessory, but I'm sticking with the English name.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
    edited June 2008
    Oh, also...

Can anyone who received their buttons in post a picture of the button and the template they sent?

I was wondering where the inner and outer circle actually fall on the pin.

jonxp on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2008
    Just ordered my buttons.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I also have ordered my buttons.

I told them that white circular line can either be on or off the face of the button. I don't really care.
    On the template I lined up the white circle with their black circle:

15inchtemplateww1.jpg

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    jonxp wrote: »
    Oh, also...

Can anyone who received their buttons in post a picture of the button and the template they sent?

I was wondering where the inner and outer circle actually fall on the pin.

This page has all you need to know:

https://www.purebuttons.com/templates.php

I have a question!

Do we wear our own button on our clothing and then attach other people's buttons to our backpack or other cloth thingy?
    Basically how will I be able to tell which button is your avatar and which buttons are avatars of other people that you have collected?

Right now I am planning to have my own button on my shirt and then all my collected buttons on my backpack.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
    edited June 2008
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    Do we wear our own button on our clothing and then attach other people's buttons to our backpack or other cloth thingy?
    Basically how will I be able to tell which button is your avatar and which buttons are avatars of other people that you have collected?

Right now I am planning to have my own button on my shirt and then all my collected buttons on my backpack.

Just have buttons visible and really once you talk to someone, I think you will know if you need to trade or not.

MaoChan on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well, still working on getting my higher res version of my baby pic for my avatar button (talked to my mother this weekend, she said she'd try to find a scanner). But I have the final design for the buttons I'm making for people who play on my TF2 server:
    PA%20TF2%20Heavy%20Tea%20Preview.png

Okay, I'm gonna have to start [strike]dying[/strike] playing again on your server then. :P

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • MR.TMR.T Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm planning on having all my buttons on my messenger bag. I bet participants will be easy to spot with all the buttons they will have hanging off of them! If we get collectible PAX 08 buttons from Moe's G-friend *hopes*, we could wear those on our shirt as an extra hint.

MR.T on
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Here's mine. I got them a while ago but I've been too busy to post them. It looks better in person. I just have a junky camera. :)
    PHTO0246.JPG

PeasantDave on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    MaoChan wrote: »
    Woot! That'd be awesome redhalo!

Gotta catch 'em all... PA Forumers! =)

I definitely think adding the PAX logo or year would be an awesome idea!

I've been cooking up an idea to get some PAX08 Buttons made to pass around. Any takers?

I'm slow to respond, but I'd be all over one of these. It would be cool to get more "bonus" buttons like my TWEWY one.

redhalo on
  • AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The order is in! I look forward to buttonering.
    TEMPLATE.jpg

AltDelete on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    OK, do you guys know that "fanny" in English English means a totally different thing to in American English? We don't have "fanny pouches" here, we have bum bags. Yes, they are exactly the same accessory, but I'm sticking with the English name.

For "fanny" means...uhm...the frontal regions. Thank gooshness one of my best friends dated an English.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I didn't think to count mine before I sent it to redhalo. =( I ordered 50, but apparently that's not necessarily reflective of the number you actually receive. =) I wonder if they give more for an unexpected bonus, or if their counting machine for the process is inaccurate. =)

The machine produces a hundred buttons a second, and the guy that runs it has to guess how long to press the button.

Or at least, thinking about it that way makes me laugh.

LOL! That could be a hilarious subject for a PA comic! =) I definitely picture the repairman from the Deep Crow strips nervously twitching his finger over a big, red STOP button. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • SoupsSoups Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Thanks for the kind words, folks! Yes, I already ordered and received the buttons, and having someone else hand them out and collect buttons for me would be appreciated. If you'd be willing, please let me know so we can exchange info via PM!

Soups on
    DitchTheJock.png
  • The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Buttons Get!

buttondoneuy4.jpg

The Deliverator on
  • lordthandalordthanda Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So, as you may have noticed from our obscenely bright sigs, Qs23 and I run a podcast. We're contemplating making buttons for the podcast as well as our own personal ones. However, we're not sure it would be appropriate.
    So, I come to you, the masses, to ask your opinion. Would it be ok if we did an RAPodcast button? Or should these be totally personal?

lordthanda on
    -LT the BP
    PASig.gif
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    lordthanda wrote: »
    So, I come to you, the masses, to ask your opinion. Would it be ok if we did an RAPodcast button? Or should these be totally personal?

Personally, I say the more the merrier. I'll be the walking ad for ya'll for the folks who don't listen--which, I hate to say, is me. But an Walking Ad whore would be an awesome thing to do.

CaptainTapole on
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    mmm, I'm trying to get Lewie to have some Savygamer buttons made, but not getting very far with him, maybe i'll just order them anyway.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, do it lordthanda! =) And indeed, you should go for it as well LPM! More buttons = more goodness. =)

Also, fantastic button Marshall! =) It looks slick!

VThornheart on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    lordthanda wrote: »
    So, as you may have noticed from our obscenely bright sigs, Qs23 and I run a podcast. We're contemplating making buttons for the podcast as well as our own personal ones. However, we're not sure it would be appropriate.

You have my blessing. As Tapole said, the more the merrier.

redhalo on
    edited July 2008
    This is for Viscountalpha. Hope this helps you design your buttons and sorry I have been MIA on AIM.
    dragondudect2.jpg

And here is one design for a PAX 2008 Forums button:
    pax2008forumsbuttonar1.jpg

MaoChan on
  • SakebombSakebomb Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Just ordered mine:
    sakebomb7.jpg

Sakebomb on
    edited July 2008
    MaoChan: I love the design for the PAX 2008 Forums button. As soon as I get one, I'm going to wear it prominantly to advertise my Holy T buttons available to trade!

MR.T on
    edited July 2008
    Ooh, I just noticed your button too PeasantDave! Awesome! =)

There's some good ones here. It's going to be fun! =)

VThornheart on
  • Strife23Strife23 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Nice buttons guys!
    I figured since everyone else was doing it I'd break down and join in the fun, after all, I'll probably be the only person there from Wyoming. I'll get a pic posted here in a little while once I get it done.

Strife23 on
    I feel like I've passed an arbitrary experience point limit and gained more power.
    Strife23105039_thintag.gif
  • lordthandalordthanda Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ok, I've submitted my order for my personal buttons.
    Proof1.jpg
    The order's been confirmed and I am expecting them in about 10-15 days.

lordthanda on
    -LT the BP
    PASig.gif
    edited July 2008
    Nice design LordThanda.

MaoChan on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    mao, you made my button, is it in their template, or do I have to pay that $5 too?

The_Reflection on
    edited July 2008
    mao, you made my button, is it in their template, or do I have to pay that $5 too?

I made it in their template size and everything so you shouldn't need to pay the $5.

MaoChan on
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So, are we officially getting button crazy? 'cause since I received my first set of buttons I've been thinking about other designs that I'd love to see on a button.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    excellent, thanks mao im ordering them today

The_Reflection on
    edited July 2008
    excellent, thanks mao im ordering them today

Sweet! Can't wait to see them.

MaoChan on
    edited July 2008
    ukiyo e wrote: »
    So, are we officially getting button crazy? 'cause since I received my first set of buttons I've been thinking about other designs that I'd love to see on a button.

Button Bonanza! '08

CaptainTapole on
    edited July 2008
    Is there any word on whether we need to pitch in a buck or two for the Pax 2008 Forum Buttons? *Waits, $ in hand*

MR.T on
  • Strife23Strife23 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I've tried to look for the answer this (so forgive me if I missed it) but does anyone know what the rule is about bringing a large bag of buttons on an airplane? Is this an item that would have to be checked, or can it be carry on?

Strife23 on
    I feel like I've passed an arbitrary experience point limit and gained more power.
    Strife23105039_thintag.gif
This discussion has been closed.