As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The American Presidency: This Thread Is 'Inartful'.

• wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    kildy wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/07/mccain_campaign_obamas_trip_to_1.php

McCain campaign a month ago: "hey, betch you haven't even BEEN to Iraq!"

McCain campaign today: "visiting Iraq is just a cheap political stunt!"

Sane World: .... While true, doesn't that kind of point out your infamous Market trip?

The whole thing was a trap set up by McCain. Didn't much matter what Obama did, but this is probably the politically safer move.

It was a trap, I'm just curious if anyone will effectively call McCain on it.

If I don't hear about it on Morning Joe tomorrow, I'm betting the whole thing will be a non-issue.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Religious polemicists don't like Obama's faith-based initiative because it's not Jesus-y enough. Money quote:
    “The whole purpose behind funding faith-based programs is that they are, in fact, superior to secular programs. And the reason they are has everything to do with the inculcation of religious values disseminated by people of faith. No matter, Obama wants to gut the religious values and bar religious agencies from hiring people who share their religion. Hence, his initiative is a fraud.”

Well, fuck, if Bill Donahue hates it, then I'm convinced Obama has the right idea.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Jragghen wrote: »
    If I ever get rich, I'm going to found a 24 hours news station which isn't completely retarded.

Which will go under in a year because it won't be retard-friendly.

No-Quarter on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    If I ever get rich, I'm going to found a 24 hours news station which isn't completely retarded.

Yeah, seriously, PBS already exists.

shryke on
  • ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    templewulf wrote: »
    Religious polemicists don't like Obama's faith-based initiative because it's not Jesus-y enough. Money quote:
    “The whole purpose behind funding faith-based programs is that they are, in fact, superior to secular programs. And the reason they are has everything to do with the inculcation of religious values disseminated by people of faith. No matter, Obama wants to gut the religious values and bar religious agencies from hiring people who share their religion. Hence, his initiative is a fraud.”

Well, fuck, if Bill Donahue hates it, then I'm convinced Obama has the right idea.

Seriously. Reading that made me much less skeptical of Obama's policy.

Zoolander on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Hence the rich modifier.

It will be kept afloat as a pet project of mine.

Jragghen on
  • ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    deowolf wrote: »
    And how sad is this this?

Bumping this up again, just in case anyone was disappointed over this nontroversy. The kid was asking for a signature on his hand, and Obama declined saying the kid's mom wouldn't appreciate it.

Video of it

ShadowThomas on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/07/mccain_campaign_obamas_trip_to_1.php

Sane World: .... While true, doesn't that kind of point out your infamous Market trip?

The whole thing was a trap set up by McCain. Didn't much matter what Obama did, but this is probably the politically safer move.

If you recall the nonsense surrounding McCain's Iraq trip nearly sank his campaign

Which nonsense?

McCain: Touring this Baghdad market, I can see that things are totally safe!
    The Reality Based Community: Um, didn't you have like 100 soldiers as guards and 2 Blackhawks overhead while touring that market?
    McCain: Shut up.

Though I don't think that was what nearly sank his campaign, it was more his lack of conservativeyness.

The market tour was pretty much when everyone was telling him to get lost.

nexuscrawler on
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

Hence the rich modifier.

It will be kept afloat as a pet project of mine.

But...but programs on PBS are made possible by viewers like you! Just tell me you don't want an episode of Sesame Street brought to you by the letter O and also Jragghen?

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Rufus_ShinraRufus_Shinra Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    This picture is adorable.

image001.jpg

It looks like he's trying to solve a puzzle.

Rufus_Shinra on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Someone should photoshop those into wrist strong bracelets.

Couscous on
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Why is he holding the boy's wrist? If I walked up to some kid I just met, grabbed his wrist, and forced it into a terrorist fist jab, they'd arrest me!

SithDrummer on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    titmouse wrote: »
    Someone should photoshop those into wrist strong bracelets.

image001ba5.jpg

MKR on
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    "Wonder Twin Powers, Activate!"

Tach on
  • ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    Tach wrote: »
    "Wonder Twin Powers, Activate!"

"Form of: an idiot...

it's not working!"

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So the non controversy over the fist bump snub was as usual an idiot making something up. How long until that gets added to the muslim email?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    So the non controversy over the fist bump snub was as usual an idiot making something up. How long until that gets added to the muslim email?

Bonus points if it refers to the bump as a terrorist fist jab before decrying Obama for not doing it to some wide-eyed tyke.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Bonus points if it refers to the bump as a terrorist fist jab before decrying Obama for not doing it to some wide-eyed tyke.

Out of curiousity, I looked up Terrorist Fist Jab on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorist_fist_jab

Houn on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Apparently, Obama would be a 3rd term of George W. Bush.

there are no words

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited July 2008
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Apparently, Obama would be a 3rd term of George W. Bush.

there are no words

Holy shit.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Dudes.

WSJ.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Dudes.

WSJ.

Moar liek Wall Street not-Journal, amirite?

Kilroy on
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hillary was never dumb enough to do this. Well played, Giuliani.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    edited July 2008
    mtvcdm wrote: »

Ouch, if that picks up traction, that could sting.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • anableanable North TexasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Houn wrote: »

Out of curiousity, I looked up Terrorist Fist Jab on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorist_fist_jab

I'm just happy that her idiocy resulted in her losing her show. At least there's some justice in the world, how ever small it seems some times.

anable on
  • werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    mtvcdm wrote: »

hahahahaha

Oh man, I do love that sleazeball.

werehippy on
  • ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Isn't McCain the person who talked about how safe and normal it was while he had a ton of bodyguards protecting him?

And he said this:
    General Petraeus goes out there almost every day in an unarmed humvee. I think you oughta catch up. You are giving the old line of three months ago. I understand it. We certainly don’t get it through the filter of some of the media.

There was this CNN journalist stationed in Iraq who was almost speechless by the bullshit of the statement.

Clevinger on
  • werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Kilroy wrote: »
    Dudes.

WSJ.

I honestly find myself confused how the WSJ manages to so closely marry paper of record status in terms of finance and world events with completely batshit editorial content.

werehippy on
    edited July 2008
    Clevinger wrote: »

Isn't McCain the person who talked about how safe and normal it was while he had a ton of bodyguards protecting him?

And he said this:
    General Petraeus goes out there almost every day in an unarmed humvee. I think you oughta catch up. You are giving the old line of three months ago. I understand it. We certainly don’t get it through the filter of some of the media.

There was this CNN journalist stationed in Iraq who was almost speechless by the bullshit of the statement.

And, if I'm not mistaken, he was confronted with that quote and claimed he never made it.

Jragghen on
  • ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Clevinger wrote: »

And he said this:

And, if I'm not mistaken, he was confronted with that quote and claimed he never made it.

He seems to do that a lot. And it's a pretty sound strategy when no one will call you on it.

Clevinger on
    edited July 2008
    werehippy wrote: »
    Dudes.

WSJ.

I honestly find myself confused how the WSJ manages to so closely marry paper of record status in terms of finance and world events with completely batshit editorial content.

Maybe it's just something about NYC, because the Times has a similar problem.

Kilroy on
    edited July 2008
    Dudes.

WSJ.

Aren't they both owned by Murdoch? Or is it just the wsj that is?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited July 2008
    Dudes.

WSJ.

New York Times is like...the quintessential "liberal" paper. Mostly because of its editorial page, if I'm not mistaken.

It's owned by the Ochs-Sulzberger family.

Jragghen on
    edited July 2008

New York Times is like...the quintessential "liberal" paper. Mostly because of its editorial page, if I'm not mistaken.

Ahh gotcha, might have been confusing it with the post, someone said something her how the new york post and the washington post both suck equally.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited July 2008
    The Times isn't nearly as bad with the crazy editors as the WSJ, but I've seen some zany shit in there before.

I was listening to radio yesterday and happened upon a talk show where the host was ranting about Obama's "anti-capitalist" and "communist-sympathetic" ideas and policies. It's really sad how much of this country is still stuck in the Cold War.

Kilroy on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

Ahh gotcha, might have been confusing it with the post, someone said something her how the new york post and the washington times both suck equally.

Fixed

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited July 2008

Ahh gotcha, might have been confusing it with the post, someone said something her how the new york post and the washington post both suck equally.

Ah, yeah. New York Post is owned by Murdoch.

And they may have been talking about the Washington Times. I thought the Washington Post wasn't too bad. Washington Times is a Sun Myung Moon rag.

Jragghen on
    edited July 2008

The New York Post and the Washington Times suck.

The New York Times and the Washington Post are good.

I doubt that the naming is coincidental.

Kilroy on
    edited July 2008

The New York Post and the Washington Times suck.

The New York Times and the Washington Post are good.

I doubt that the naming is coincidental.

Ahh I must have transposed those. We need more paper names!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Dudes.

WSJ.

Murdoch bought the WSJ a little while back. He put one of his cronies in charge.

Still it's important to note the WSJ's news and editorial staffs pretty much loathe each other.

The NYT's editorial staff is very..uneven. It varies quite a bit depending on who's writing the piece.

nexuscrawler on
This discussion has been closed.