As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BALANCE ON] Team Fortress 2: Pyro Nerf Applied

1535455565759»

• THE TedTHE Ted Tedoculus OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh god that poster needs work.

You don't like my Microsoft Publisher boxes with fill effect backgrounds?!

THE Ted on
    The train is a lie. The cake is a spy.
  • FanciestWalnutFanciestWalnut Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Who is on the team on the right?

FanciestWalnut on
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Who is on the team on the right?

shf

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
    edited July 2008
    is shf an official group of people, don't think ty is shf right? I want to put official heal juice in people.

FanciestWalnut on
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    GOD FUCK I HATE WORK

I will shot so many people tonight

I was going to cut back on the whole Drinking+Tuftoo, thing but FUCKINGHATEGODDAMNWHYCAN'TANYMOTHERFUCKERBEACCOUNTABLEFORTHEMSELVESFIREAPOXUPONALLOFYOU@321@113432!!!

TyrantCow on
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    is shf an official group of people, don't think ty is shf right? I want to put official heal juice in people.

shf is a clan of PAers for CAL or whatever the league is :P

Or something like that

edit: these fella'rs

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is there a way to clear out your achievements outside of third party data modification programs?

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • THE TedTHE Ted Tedoculus OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

I was going by this: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/shoothimfirst
    Tiny has stipulated that if all 10 of shf can not be there at the given time he will grab some arrogant PA'ers. But they must be arrogant and leet! I will have no humble people who actually have something to be proud of outside video games as our enemy!

THE Ted on
    The train is a lie. The cake is a spy.
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh god what have I been signed up for.

Also if we're doing this it really has to be this weekend or next (and preferably in the evening) cause I'm moving on the 15th and will likely be without non-work internet for at least a week.

Asiina on
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I've decided I should no longer play Medic without a mic. Too many times I'm healing someone and they've got a spy coming up on em, or I'm getting WTFBBQ'd by a pyro, and nothing but shouting "TURN AROUND" will get the message across. Uber coordination is near impossible. The only way they can really get effectively used is if the other person has a mic so they can order me around like their private healing bitch. If they don't have a mic, I'm generally good at seeing when they're starting to make a push but most people don't react quickly to an unexpected ubering.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Heh, the best thing ever is coming up behind a medic and his heal buddy and you can tell that he doesn't have a mic by the way he keeps looking from you to his teammate in an alarmed fashion.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Looks like the heavy is the next one up for a tweak.

http://kotaku.com/5021384/next-tf2-update-is-a-pretty-heavy-endeavorhttp://kotaku.com/5021384/next-tf2-update-is-a-pretty-heavy-endeavor

Edit: oh look, there it is a couple of pages back, how silly of me.

Meiz on
  • iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It'd be nice if the dude who did the OP wasn't jailed. Now I can't conveniently find out if the servers are full/on a shitty map when I decide if I play or not :(

iowa on
    edited July 2008
    THE Ted wrote: »

I was going by this: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/shoothimfirst
    Tiny has stipulated that if all 10 of shf can not be there at the given time he will grab some arrogant PA'ers. But they must be arrogant and leet! I will have no humble people who actually have something to be proud of outside video games as our enemy!

Ahh I didn't realize they legitimized it at some point. What happened to civi?

FanciestWalnut on
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    iowa wrote: »
    It'd be nice if the dude who did the OP wasn't jailed. Now I can't conveniently find out if the servers are full/on a shitty map when I decide if I play or not :(

then start a new one, buttnugget, we're on 94 anyway.

TyrantCow on
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Heh, the best thing ever is coming up behind a medic and his heal buddy and you can tell that he doesn't have a mic by the way he keeps looking from you to his teammate in an alarmed fashion.

Hahaha, this. Especially when you're a demo or something and it takes you a while to unleash death. As you plant stickies one by one behind a firing, oblivious heavy and then laugh when they're detonated...

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    An idea I had for the Heavy!

Shield Wall - Replaces his Fist's.
    The Shield Wall is a large Swat Shield that can be used to protect the Heavy from Frontal Damage. While holding the Shield up the Heavy can not be healed by a Medic Gun. When the Shield is Raised he suffers the same speed penalty as when firing his Mini-gun. But he also takes no damage from any frontal attack, and can not be pushed back by explosions or turrets. The Shield its self has a health bar, which can not be refilled until the shield brakes.

Left Clicking Raises the Shield Wall.
    Right Clicking while the Shield Wall is up will push enemy players around and deflect Demo 'Nades.

I can't really think of anything else for the other weapons. But I would really love to see a weapon like this. Allowing the heavy, or groups of heavy's to create a 300 style force to advance the line, or hold ground. Having this shield would also be great for the Payload game mode, allowing heavy's to push the cart forward with out the aid of a medic.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • artooartoo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    What the fuck? They just updated Day of Defeat: Source.

I forgot that game existed.

artoo on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Has this picture been linked?

Cause it's awesome.

Quid on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Looking at the weapons thing, who has the club?

Fencingsax on
  • martymarty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    THIS THREAD IS NOT DEAD KEEP IT ALIVE

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Sniper.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • KingMooKingMoo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

The Shield Wall is a large Swat Shield that can be used to protect the Heavy from Frontal Damage. While holding the Shield up the Heavy can not be healed by a Medic Gun. When the Shield is Raised he suffers the same speed penalty as when firing his Mini-gun. But he also takes no damage from any frontal attack, and can not be pushed back by explosions or turrets. The Shield its self has a health bar, which can not be refilled until the shield brakes.

Right Clicking while the Shield Wall is up will push enemy players around and deflect Demo 'Nades.

I can't really think of anything else for the other weapons. But I would really love to see a weapon like this. Allowing the heavy, or groups of heavy's to create a 300 style force to advance the line, or hold ground. Having this shield would also be great for the Payload game mode, allowing heavy's to push the cart forward with out the aid of a medic.

the problem with this is why would you ever want use the alternative... bare fisticuffs?

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    !!!!▓▓▓▓▓Gravy?▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!
    !!!!!!▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!!!!
    of doom
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    jonxp wrote: »

Sniper.
    I thought he had the Kukuri

Fencingsax on
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    jonxp wrote: »

Sniper.
    I thought he had the Kukuri

He does, but it is logged in the stats as a club.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    KingMoo wrote: »

the problem with this is why would you ever want use the alternative... bare fisticuffs?

Yeah I think all Melee weapons except the Spy's are doomed to be relatively pointless prestige items, since the alternative is so rarely useful and it can't be too big an upgrade. Though so far Valve hasn't cared much about melee weapon balance.

For the Heavy I'm guessing it will be something that knocks people a good distance away, and is either slower or can't crit.

Zek on
  • cryohazardcryohazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    THE Ted wrote: »
    A CHALLENGE HAS BEEN PROPOSED

We all remember Zot's terrible tournament. I think it unnecessarily put a damper on the thoughts of any internal PA serious type matches. I don't know about you but from time to time Ted craves a match in which everyone on his team has been there since the start of the round, and in which there aren't any stray blackguards, and in which strategy suggestions and communications can be freely shouted without stepping on the toes of those who can't stand being told what to do.

I have selected a number of people whom I believe to be of excellent character, and prone to frequent fits of cooperation, communication, and over all good times. For our competition I have selected a team of elites that includes two of the most arrogant selfish dirty greedy sons of bitches on the planet: JFK reincarnated in the form of a dinosaur, a time traveling punk, and also a very tiny lobster.
    Matchofthecentury.jpg

Will my team of misers, misfits, and miscreants have any chance of victory? Absolutely not! But it will be glorious. GLORIOUS

How are you going to win with Asiina moving at a snails pace as a zombie Heavy?

cryohazard on
    tf2_sig.png
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    cryohazard wrote: »
    How are you going to win with Asiina moving at a snails pace as a zombie Heavy?
    i realized last night during one of my zombie heavy runs that i was becoming Asiina....i cried a lot that night :(

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
This discussion has been closed.