As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Børk!Børk! Børk [Chat!]

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sheri wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    My answer: Canon Powershot is a good line. Elphs are sleek and pretty if you don't care that it doesn't have a manual mode. If you actually want to do some photography and control shutter speed and stuff, the regular Powershot line is ace.
    I totally bought a Canon Powershot without even like doing any research. I love the slick fucker so far.

It is a good camera for my needs.

See, Gim, what'd I tell you. My (very old model) Canon Powershot has stood up to a good bit of abuse and lots of use. Still works like a charm, but I don't use it often, obviously. ;)
    I've heard nothing but good things of the line. But there are so many of them. I need to sort through them.

From there on, it really depends on your finances and what you're looking to use it for.
    Classy snuff photos.

Something with manual control would be nice. I have this thing with low light situations. Sometimes I want a fast picture during a concert with no flash (my Olympus isn't cutting it by a long shot). Other times I like to fuck around with a really slow shutter speed for blur.

I might just forego the convenience of a snapshot camera and get the S3 IS. I'd love some sexy 12x zoom action.

Gim on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    I'm looking at pictures from a Christmas party I went to with the ex. There's a picture of me and her together where I've got my arm around her, with a smug look on my face that says "Oh yeah, I'm gonna get laid tonight!"

[spoiler:6d6bbc232c]I didn't.[/spoiler:6d6bbc232c]

God I suck so hard.

Obviously you're going after the wrong sort of partners.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    VishNub wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    I intend to try the cello soon.
    I have a friend who plays a mean fucking cello. Although cello is not exactly easy to get into.
    Yeah. It's such a gorgeous instrument, though. Oh god, the Kodaly solo cello sonata...

Yeah...

Woo.
    Whoo!

Elendil on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Incenjucar wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    I'm looking at pictures from a Christmas party I went to with the ex. There's a picture of me and her together where I've got my arm around her, with a smug look on my face that says "Oh yeah, I'm gonna get laid tonight!"

[spoiler:5f22de79fc]I didn't.[/spoiler:5f22de79fc]

God I suck so hard.

No, I dig chicks with dicks. It's cool.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Incenjucar wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:

[spoiler:1641b823f2]I didn't.[/spoiler:1641b823f2]

God I suck so hard.

Good.

I meant Oroboros.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Gim wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    My answer: Canon Powershot is a good line. Elphs are sleek and pretty if you don't care that it doesn't have a manual mode. If you actually want to do some photography and control shutter speed and stuff, the regular Powershot line is ace.
    I totally bought a Canon Powershot without even like doing any research. I love the slick fucker so far.

It is a good camera for my needs.

See, Gim, what'd I tell you. My (very old model) Canon Powershot has stood up to a good bit of abuse and lots of use. Still works like a charm, but I don't use it often, obviously. ;)
    I've heard nothing but good things of the line. But there are so many of them. I need to sort through them.

From there on, it really depends on your finances and what you're looking to use it for.
    Classy snuff photos.

Something with manual control would be nice. I have this thing with low light situations. Sometimes I want a fast picture during a concert with no flash (my Olympus isn't cutting it by a long shot). Other times I like to fuck around with a really slow shutter speed for blur.

Then I'd stay away from the Elph lines, their manual mode might as well not exist. But I have an S30 (it's an old model) and ones like that have a good manual mode. I can adjust shutter speed, aperture, ISO, white balance, manual focus. . . It's good. You ought to check out www.dpreview.com for good camera reviews; look for 'full manual mode' in the review. If it's not there, the manual mode might not have full functionality.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: Smart Hero picked one of those up a while ago (after we had this same conversation, lawls). If you wanna talk to someone about that particular model, he'd be the one.

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Incenjucar wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Incenjucar wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:

[spoiler:a28d0a17a7]I didn't.[/spoiler:a28d0a17a7]

God I suck so hard.

Good.

I meant Oroboros.
    Mad Morlock alts? I didn't know MM was a trannie.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Gim wrote:
    Sheri: Would it be folly to go into AC and ask what the best ~$300 snapshot digital camera is?

http://www.dpreview.com/

edit: beated, dang

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sheri wrote:

Then I'd stay away from the Elph lines, their manual mode might as well not exist. But I have an S30 (it's an old model) and ones like that have a good manual mode. I can adjust shutter speed, aperture, ISO, white balance, manual focus. . . It's good. You ought to check out www.dpreview.com for good camera reviews; look for 'full manual mode' in the review. If it's not there, the manual mode might not have full functionality.

Hope that helps!

I'm gonna be lookin for an upgrade when I get back to the States. I do a lot of hiking/backpacking and I take a ton of scenery/ wildlife shots

I'm gonna be lookin' for something that lets me zoom in a bit more on distant critters.

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    VishNub wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:
    I'm bored again, I set up some of my figures and took pictures of them , plus some of myself with a webcam..... now im bored again..... I swear i dont got ADD.

Go have an orgy with Cass and Edgewood and Choco. With the webcam.

And bring your girlfriend, so it's slightly less gay.

oh man who says we already haven't :winky:

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    I was hit on by two girls today.
    You do kind of have a certain "look" about you...

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    VishNub wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:
    I'm bored again, I set up some of my figures and took pictures of them , plus some of myself with a webcam..... now im bored again..... I swear i dont got ADD.

Go have an orgy with Cass and Edgewood and Choco. With the webcam.

And bring your girlfriend, so it's slightly less gay.

oh man who says we already haven't :winky:

8) 8) 8)

(I still dont know how edge looks it was that good)

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    dpreview, Smart Hero, cookies

Got it.

Gim on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    wait

you guys actually want to see choco and cass naked

I thought we were still joking

I did NOT get that memo

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Proto wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    Sheri: Would it be folly to go into AC and ask what the best ~$300 snapshot digital camera is?

You were beat'd by quite a damn bit.

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    I hear lesbians digs chicks with boobs the size of grapefruits.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    ALocksly wrote:
    Sheri wrote:

Hope that helps!

I'm gonna be lookin for an upgrade when I get back to the States. I do a lot of hiking/backpacking and I take a ton of scenery/ wildlife shots

I'm gonna be lookin' for something that lets me zoom in a bit more on distant critters.

How much of an 'upgrade' are we talking?

Cuz if you have the means, I always recommend a dSLR. ;)

Sheri on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:

How big is a grapefruit

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Poldy wrote:
    wait

I did NOT get that memo

Guess they don't have memo in the fuckin slammer

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    YosemiteSamYosemiteSam Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Poldy wrote:
    I did NOT get that memo
    That is probably the least trendy line you have ever used here.

Okay, I'm out. Later, boys and girls.

YosemiteSam on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:

How big is a grapefruit

Smaller than yours. Better watch out for the lesbians cass.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Poldy wrote:
    wait

I did NOT get that memo
    Another month in the hole with you, felon!

Gim on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Sheri wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:
    Sheri wrote:

Hope that helps!

It depends on how much cash I can squirrel away before Aug and how soon I can land another job once I get back

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    *strokes his canon*

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    ALocksly wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:
    Sheri wrote:

Hope that helps!

It depends on how much cash I can squirrel away before Aug and how soon I can land another job once I get back

If not, the S3 that Gim was talking about is a nice little middle ground, from what I've heard.

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Is it true that in the states, you guys don't get much variety in flavour for chips? Cause my cousins in the states never had or saw dill pickle chips and all dressed.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Saburbia wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:

How big is a grapefruit

You were examining my chest with your girlfriend there? :wink:

• Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Saburbia wrote:
    Is it true that in the states, you guys don't get much variety in flavour for chips? Cause my cousins in the states never had or saw dill pickle chips and all dressed.
    Well, we don't get dill pickle chips because that would be disgusting, but we get a healthy selection of chips for anyone that knows how to shop for chips.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Saburbia wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:

How big is a grapefruit

Its pretty easy to notice when your playing DDR, hence why girls are hitting on ya.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Saburbia wrote:

I'm not sure what 'all dressed' means, but I've at least seen dill pickle chips. I wouldn't ever try them, though. I mean, I love pickles and I love potato chips, but together? No way.

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:
    Well, we don't get dill pickle chips because that would be disgusting, but we get a healthy selection of chips for anyone that knows how to shop for chips.

You obviously never had them before *continues eating dill pickle chips*

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    holy shit my first five star on an expert song

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:
    Like potato chips?

I bought baby back rib potato chips yesterday.

MMMMM.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:

Washington state has dill pickle chips

edit: and they are GREAT

ALocksly on
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sheri wrote:
    Proto wrote:
    Gim wrote:

That's cause I set up the reply and then I read the thread to see if anyone had mentioned the site yet. Which at that point, had not been mentioned.

I'm crying now! Happy?

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Saburbia wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:

How big is a grapefruit

Its pretty easy to notice when your playing DDR, hence why girls are hitting on ya.

!

• Options
    edited January 2007
    Proto wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Proto wrote:
    Gim wrote:

That's cause I set up the reply and then I read the thread to see if anyone had mentioned the site yet. Which at that point, had not been mentioned.

I'm crying now! Happy?

Yes.

All is going according to plan.

Sheri on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Jesus Christ Only Built 4 Cuban Linx is good.

• Options
    edited January 2007
    You guys should give dilll pickle chips a chance, they are amazing.

All dressed isnt what it sounds like, or at least my cousin thought it was a bunch of falvours mixed together. It just has a lot of different spices I think.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Saburbia wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:

You obviously never had them before *continues eating dill pickle chips*
    I trust you bacon-stuffed bastards get barbeque chips? Because if not, you might as well just disband your republic now.

This discussion has been closed.