Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PS3, Network you say? Rant..

ShizumaruShizumaru Registered User
edited July 2008 in Games and Technology
I really hate to make a freakin' thread.. I really do.. but if anyone can offer some insight and help that would be greatly appreciated..

I am trying to create a damned account on the PS3 network, and I am having a hell of a time because the damn thing won't accept any username whatsoever... and I know I am using obscure crap that I'm pretty sure no one else would use.. anyone run into this issue? How did you resolve it? I'm almost to the point of just saying screw it.. but I really want to do the online crap... Any help would be great.. and mods if these needs to be moved to H/A thats cool too.. Thanks.

Shizumaru on

Posts

  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2008
    Shizumaru wrote: »
    I really hate to make a freakin' thread.. I really do.. but if anyone can offer some insight and help that would be greatly appreciated..

    I am trying to create a damned account on the PS3 network, and I am having a hell of a time because the damn thing won't accept any username whatsoever... and I know I am using obscure crap that I'm pretty sure no one else would use.. anyone run into this issue? How did you resolve it? I'm almost to the point of just saying screw it.. but I really want to do the online crap... Any help would be great.. and mods if these needs to be moved to H/A thats cool too.. Thanks.

    Where are you because I was trying to access the store earlier and was recieving a message about the network being down for maintenance, so its possible its rejecting names because its not connecting to the database.

    ...it's in the shape of a giant c**k.
  • ShizumaruShizumaru Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Shizumaru wrote: »
    I really hate to make a freakin' thread.. I really do.. but if anyone can offer some insight and help that would be greatly appreciated..

    I am trying to create a damned account on the PS3 network, and I am having a hell of a time because the damn thing won't accept any username whatsoever... and I know I am using obscure crap that I'm pretty sure no one else would use.. anyone run into this issue? How did you resolve it? I'm almost to the point of just saying screw it.. but I really want to do the online crap... Any help would be great.. and mods if these needs to be moved to H/A thats cool too.. Thanks.

    Where are you because I was trying to access the store earlier and was recieving a message about the network being down for maintenance, so its possible its rejecting names because its not connecting to the database.

    Ah.. I'm in California.. I guess thats a possibility.. but I haven't gotten any messages that the network was down

  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2008
    Shizumaru wrote: »
    Shizumaru wrote: »
    I really hate to make a freakin' thread.. I really do.. but if anyone can offer some insight and help that would be greatly appreciated..

    I am trying to create a damned account on the PS3 network, and I am having a hell of a time because the damn thing won't accept any username whatsoever... and I know I am using obscure crap that I'm pretty sure no one else would use.. anyone run into this issue? How did you resolve it? I'm almost to the point of just saying screw it.. but I really want to do the online crap... Any help would be great.. and mods if these needs to be moved to H/A thats cool too.. Thanks.

    Where are you because I was trying to access the store earlier and was recieving a message about the network being down for maintenance, so its possible its rejecting names because its not connecting to the database.

    Ah.. I'm in California.. I guess thats a possibility.. but I haven't gotten any messages that the network was down


    Well according to this its working fine so thats my theory out the window. Sorry.

    ...it's in the shape of a giant c**k.
  • midgetspymidgetspy Registered User
    edited July 2008
    My theory is that there are certain words it rejects without telling you. When I couldn't get "MidgetSpy" (I've *never* not gotten MidgetSpy) I ended up trying random stuff like MidgetSpy2038749 and it always said it was taken. There is no way that all the variations of MidgetSpy I tried were taken.... it was rejecting it for some other reason. The only thing I can think is that "midget" or some combination of the letters in it is illegal somehow. Because the next name I chose worked first try.

  • EggyToastEggyToast Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Unless your idea of obscure is "Matt", you could just call Sony and ask why it's not working. They'll either confirm that your names are actually taken, or they'll tell you why it's not working.

    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • ShizumaruShizumaru Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Shizumaru wrote: »
    Shizumaru wrote: »
    I really hate to make a freakin' thread.. I really do.. but if anyone can offer some insight and help that would be greatly appreciated..

    I am trying to create a damned account on the PS3 network, and I am having a hell of a time because the damn thing won't accept any username whatsoever... and I know I am using obscure crap that I'm pretty sure no one else would use.. anyone run into this issue? How did you resolve it? I'm almost to the point of just saying screw it.. but I really want to do the online crap... Any help would be great.. and mods if these needs to be moved to H/A thats cool too.. Thanks.

    Where are you because I was trying to access the store earlier and was recieving a message about the network being down for maintenance, so its possible its rejecting names because its not connecting to the database.

    Ah.. I'm in California.. I guess thats a possibility.. but I haven't gotten any messages that the network was down


    Well according to this its working fine so thats my theory out the window. Sorry.

    Thanks for the link.. I'll send an inquiry through there and get to the bottom of this shitfest.. lol.

Sign In or Register to comment.