As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, [chat], and Understanding?

BamaBama Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
Hmm, couldn't find the new thread button there for a second.

Bama on

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I don't know church. One I gave her some advice on picking classes she seemed to cheer right back up.

Inquisitor on
  • ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Well maybe she's just batshit crazy.

Speaking of which, I'm re-installing VTMB. I think this game may actually have more play-throughs from me than Deus Ex.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    man i fucking love Mastodon

it's a shame that they're not cool enough to be ironic

Evil Multifarious on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2008
    Did anything interesting get announced at E3, today?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    An inauspicious start.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

You can't kill the metal!

James on
    edited July 2008
    All I want for E3 is a Mirror's Edge release date.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2008
    Elki wrote: »

No. It was just bad all around.

Most interesting thing was maybe GTA for the DS?

Inquisitor on
    edited July 2008
    Church wrote: »
    All I want for E3 is a Mirror's Edge release date.

Late 2008. It will be glorious.

Inquisitor on
    edited July 2008
    James wrote: »

You can't kill the metal!

THIS IVORY LEG IS WHAT PROPELS ME

HARPOONS THRUST TO THE SKY

Evil Multifarious on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So this girl I've started dating wants me to come to an "alternative goth club with attached bondage room" on Thursday.

I'm not really sure if I want to go. Goth clubs aren't really my scene, and while I'm into bondage I'm afraid the people at the club will be more hardcore than I am.

On the other hand, hot girl wants me to go to bondage room.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Today is going decidedly better than yesterday. Time for lunch now to celebrate.

JPants on
    edited July 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »

No. It was just bad all around.

Most interesting thing was maybe GTA for the DS?

Really? That's fantastic.

Is it isometric, or like the new games?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • YarYar Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So this girl I've started dating wants me to come to an "alternative goth club with attached bondage room" on Thursday.

I'm not really sure if I want to go. Goth clubs aren't really my scene, and while I'm into bondage I'm afraid the people at the club will be more hardcore than I am.

You should give it a try. What's the worst that can happen?

Yar on
    edited July 2008
    Really? That's fantastic.

Is it isometric, or like the new games?

There weren't any real details attached to the announcement.

Inquisitor on
    edited July 2008
    Oh God, I just turned on G4, and found boring Microsoft guy. This couldn't be more boring even if he had a PowerPoint.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Oh, never mind. Repeat.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited July 2008

In old country, we have saying. That saying is, "Sdelaite ego, trus."

This roughly translates to, "DO IT FAGGOT."

--

Inquisitor: But that's not a date.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yar wrote: »

Have you seen Roots?

Bama on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I don't act like my usual confident self and she stops dating me?

There aren't many situations that make me uncomfortable, but going into a goth club without being familiar with goth culture is one of them. In social situations like that, I tend to shut down and become kind of timid.

On the other hand, not going could accomplish the same thing, so...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited July 2008
    Bama wrote: »

Have you seen Roots?

hahahahahahaha

Evil Multifarious on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

There aren't many situations that make me uncomfortable, but going into a goth club without being familiar with goth culture is one of them. In social situations like that, I tend to shut down and become kind of timid.

Guess if you shut down she'll jsut have to whip you back into shape?

:winky:

nexuscrawler on
    edited July 2008

If it makes you feel better, there's really not any such thing as "goth" culture beyond dressing in black.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2008
    God, I just want to go home. I've had retards screaming at me over the phone all afternoon.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited July 2008

If it makes you feel better, there's really not any such thing as "goth" culture beyond dressing in black.

This is pretty much not true. Thanks, though.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    shoop da whoop

MikeMan on
    edited July 2008

Unless we're talking about actual ethnic goths, it totally is. Who is and who is not a goth is determined by who does and does not call themselves "goth".

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2008
    Unless we're talking about actual ethnic goths, it totally is. Who is and who is not a goth is determined by who does and does not call themselves "goth".
    Isn't this true for any social group that isn't a club or something? I mean, it's not like punks pay membership dues or anything.

Bama on
    edited July 2008
    Well, I guess there's also death metal. But even labelling that as "gothic" is completely arbitrary and ambiguous.

--

Yes.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Zimbabwe is a pretty scary place

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited July 2008

Right, except at a goth club, there are going to be a lot of people who call themselves goths that do the same thing. Piercings, tattoos, not just black clothes but a specific style of clothing, makeup; these are all things that goths have/wear that I don't. There's definitely a sense of "who's more hardcore", even if it's not vocalized. That's the issue; I'm far from hardcore gothwise. I'll be a little more comfortable in the bondage room, though, so who knows.

I just told her I'd come, so we'll see what it's like.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So today my boss requested that we put our vacation time on his outlook calendar since we're a virtual team and it can be hard to know who is out and who is in.

So I did the mature thing and booked 5 months of vacation to North Korea. He accepted. I wonder when he'll notice.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Gooey wrote: »
    Zimbabwe is a pretty scary place

Indeed.

Alecthar on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008

Right, except at a goth club, there are going to be a lot of people who call themselves goths that do the same thing. Piercings, tattoos, not just black clothes but a specific style of clothing, makeup; these are all things that goths have/wear that I don't. There's definitely a sense of "who's more hardcore", even if it's not vocalized. That's the issue; I'm far from hardcore gothwise. I'll be a little more comfortable in the bondage room, though, so who knows.

If you don't believe Church you're a liar.

Dynagrip on
    edited July 2008
    Speaking of goths, VTMB is finished installing. Whee.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Death Metal is not goth

nexuscrawler on
    edited July 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »

If you don't believe Church you're a liar.

Hehe, I remember that conversation.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Also, Goths, like many other subcultures, share an ideology.

James on
  • AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So today my boss requested that we put our vacation time on his outlook calendar since we're a virtual team and it can be hard to know who is out and who is in.

So I did the mature thing and booked 5 months of vacation to North Korea. He accepted. I wonder when he'll notice.

Does it matter? You'll be in North Kor-

Oh

Alecthar on
    edited July 2008

Probably three weeks after they ship your silly ass to Pyongyang.

Bama on
This discussion has been closed.