As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Max Payne: The Movie (now with more Mark Wahlberg)

2»

• Options
    Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The official website pretty much confirms supernatural elements. I'm not sure what to think about that.

Wait, what?

Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The official website pretty much confirms supernatural elements. I'm not sure what to think about that.

Once again hollywood manages to snatch mediocrity from the claws of success? If they do add its going to leave a really sore taste in my mouth, i really fucking hate when they do shit like this.

Dear Hollywood: When you're working on an adaptation you've forfeited the right to change major storyline elements. You aren't creative and you haven't been for years.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You just know they're gonna throw bullet time in there at some point like they did first person in the DOOM movie.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Considering Shawn Ryan wrote the screenplay for this, I remain stupidly optimistic.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Shawn Ryan wrote:
    UGO: This might be old news but I read you wrote a draft of the Max Payne screenplay.

SHAWN: Yeah, that's old news. I wrote a draft of Max Payne way back in 2002. It is one of those Hollywood screenplay stories where nothing came of it and was forgotten. Now in the last year or so the movie's been brought back and they're revamping it without me.

tofu on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    This and Metal Gear Solid are my two top choices for "make this game into a movie".

I will be sorely disappointed if they add in all this supernatural crap. They should have just had Quentin Tarantino or someone do a straight-up adaptation, purple prose and all.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'd love to know the retarded justification behind the addition of the stupid supernatural crap.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I wonder what would have happened if John Woo directed the movie. You know, since he was one of the main inspiration for the action style.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    An AngelAn Angel __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    Well it seemed good until we found out the Angel shit was real. Probably gonna be crap then? If you had to bet 1000 dollars on it.. which would you say?

An Angel on
  • Options
    ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I wouldn't get your hopes up for American McGee's Alice. That was originally announced at the turn of the century. Additionally, wikipedia seems to think that IMDB's info is no longer accurate and that sarah michelle gellar and the queen of hearts actress are both off the project. So there don't seem to be any details of any consequence. I would love it if Tim Burton took charge of this though.

Scrublet on
    subedii wrote: »
    I hear PC gaming is huge off the coast of Somalia right now.

PSN: TheScrublet
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Considering Shawn Ryan wrote the screenplay for this, I remain stupidly optimistic.

Wait, what?

SOLD.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    tofu wrote: »
    Shawn Ryan wrote:
    UGO: This might be old news but I read you wrote a draft of the Max Payne screenplay.

SHAWN: Yeah, that's old news. I wrote a draft of Max Payne way back in 2002. It is one of those Hollywood screenplay stories where nothing came of it and was forgotten. Now in the last year or so the movie's been brought back and they're revamping it without me.

tofu on