As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Goozex thread: free game no longer avaliable, also: European network starting up

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I had a game returned to me, someone wrote "return to sender on it". I was ticked and told Goozex about it, but they never did anything about it. It's currently sitting on my table. I just got this:

"srry i didnt sent my feedback i was at my cousin house =P thanks 4 the game it works perfectly"

?! Whatever.. He left positive feedback for it. Maybe his mom sent it back and he hasn't realized it yet and just said it plays perfectly? I'm confused, but not complaining.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I need to buy trade credits.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    so I just got the 3 day email for one of the games I am waiting on

should I just go ahead and leave negative feedback now, or wait until the very last minute

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    if they havent been replying to your PMs then just leave it now.

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So I finally decided to sign up for this but
    Country

Bermuda
    Canada
    USA

What.

Somestickguy on
    edited July 2008
    Country

Bermuda
    Canada
    USA

What.

It's a small operation, I think based in the US, and is relatively young. They know the shipping/game ownership laws of the US and Canada (and I guess Bermuda?) so they offer their services there, but nothing overseas yet, or wherever you are living.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Country

Bermuda
    Canada
    USA

What.

It's a small operation, I think based in the US, and is relatively young. They know the shipping/game ownership laws of the US and Canada (and I guess Bermuda?) so they offer their services there, but nothing overseas yet, or wherever you are living.

I live in the UK

Someone on these forums thought I was Russian

That was kinda funny.

Somestickguy on
  • ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Got my first game shipped to me (the Mass Effect replacing my stolen one), runs fine, great condition, and came with everything even though I only needed the disc. Great stuff!

Zenitram on
  • Mullitt The WiseMullitt The Wise Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I love Goozex. I had 300 points and really wanted Gun for 360, and it just happened to be exactly 300. Much better than buying/selling at game stores. Fuck them.

Mullitt The Wise on
    balloonssig.jpg
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Darunia106 wrote:
    Yeah I guess I was overreacting what with it not looking.... Normal. I guess I better try a stronger cleaner to clean it.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, the insert is the manual. So I guess I just got a smudgy full package with a few scratches. I overreacted for nothing and now I feel like an idiot -_- .

EDIT EDIT: Now that I think about it, I can gut the jewel case, pitch it, and buy a new one from office depot. Every second that passes makes me dumber and dumber.

I posted a link awhile back in this thread (or the last one) of a guy's feedback which included a very lengthy negative comment about how he received a game that had been urinated on. The package was not tampered, but when he opened it up the game was sopping wet with yellow fluid. It smelled like human urine.

The guy who sent that game was banned.

Also, I put my own return address on all the games I send out. I don't even bother with the goozex mailer/shipping labels. I wouldn't worry too much about the return address being a business, as many businesses likely use Goozex to get points for their stockpiles of shit in order to get some decent games to sell.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Figgy wrote: »
    Darunia106 wrote:
    Yeah I guess I was overreacting what with it not looking.... Normal. I guess I better try a stronger cleaner to clean it.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, the insert is the manual. So I guess I just got a smudgy full package with a few scratches. I overreacted for nothing and now I feel like an idiot -_- .

EDIT EDIT: Now that I think about it, I can gut the jewel case, pitch it, and buy a new one from office depot. Every second that passes makes me dumber and dumber.

I posted a link awhile back in this thread (or the last one) of a guy's feedback which included a very lengthy negative comment about how he received a game that had been urinated on. The package was not tampered, but when he opened it up the game was sopping wet with yellow fluid. It smelled like human urine.

The guy who sent that game was banned.

Also, I put my own return address on all the games I send out. I don't even bother with the goozex mailer/shipping labels. I wouldn't worry too much about the return address being a business, as many businesses likely use Goozex to get points for their stockpiles of shit in order to get some decent games to sell.

Yeah, well the inserts and CDs are in fine condition (manual is a bit crinkled and the first CD is pretty scratched, but still playable). It's just the jewel case was in a questionable state. So I've already gutted the case and thrown it away. Once I get a new jewel case from Office Depot, know one will ever know the difference. Now that I think about it, maybe I should've included a comment about how the jewel case was pretty messed up when I left feedback...

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Question: is there any particular reason why CoD4 is a 1000 points and CoD4: GOTY is only 900 points?

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    edited July 2008
    Axen wrote: »
    Question: is there any particular reason why CoD4 is a 1000 points and CoD4: GOTY is only 900 points?

Supply/Demand/Time to increase from 800 start worth to 1000?

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited July 2008

Sounds good to me. I'm not complaining, I get to save 100 points and get all the DLC maps. Yay!

Axen on
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

Sounds good to me. I'm not complaining, I get to save 100 points and get all the DLC maps. Yay!

Ha, yeah, sounds like a bit of an oversight by somebody. Either way, take advantage of it!

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Toxin01Toxin01 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I ordered Quake 4 and it came in an almost fully shattered Disk case, with the CD-key sticked on it (I only asked for the disk, so it didin't bother me). I thought about saying somthing about the Cases condition, but I heard that the default goozex shipping thing messes up stuff bad so I just left a Positive.

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
    GM: Rusty Chains (DH Ongoing)
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I got my Crusader: No Regret game.

Couscous on
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ok, looking for input. i had offered to ship a game full package, upon my pre packing check i noticed no manual. i pm'ed the guy twice keeping him in the loop that i couldn't find it etc. offered to cancel it, but have not heard anything from the guy, its only a 100 point game so it isn't a big deal to cancel it. its more the feedback etc.

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So I signed up (military account, ooooh). Now I just have no idea what I should get...

It looks like I can really only pick from GBA games.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    so I went ahead and left negative feedback for that game

it's funny

the game I was supposed to recieve was Star Wars Starfighter

as soon as I get my points back the system matches me up with Star Wars Jedi Starfighter

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I got Phantom Hourglass a few days ago. This game rocks and I probably wouldn't have picked it up if it weren't for this site.

Nimble Cat on
    edited July 2008
    am I the only one who uses this to pick up random old shit

I got Phantom Crash for oxbox the other day, I like it quite a bit

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Retarded_TurkeyRetarded_Turkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I got Ninja Gaiden Black today. Fuck, it goddamn hard.

Retarded_Turkey on
    camo_sig.png
  • SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Seems every single game I've tried to get raises in point value by 50 every couple of days. Like they wait for me to choose something then jack up the point cost every couple of days...

Sonork on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is this available outside the US/Canada?

Flay on
    edited July 2008

I'm proably going to pick up Planescape: Torment.

Good idea, Y/N?

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Toxin01 wrote: »

Good idea, Y/N?

Great idea. Planescape is arguably the best CRPG of its time.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2008

Good idea, Y/N?

Yay.

I've got a copy of FF 7 laying around.. is 1000 points reasonable for it? It's in kinda meh condition.

Toxin01 on
    edited July 2008

Good idea, Y/N?

Yay.

I've got a copy of FF 7 laying around.. is 1000 points reasonable for it? It's in kinda meh condition.

If you have the full package, there are 9 people waiting for it. 1000 is phenomenal for the game unless you have a non-Greatest Hits version that is in mint/sealed condition. Then you may be able to get >$50 on eBay for it. (though it appears to have dropped some, and I'm seeing a lot go for $30-40)

I have mine, but it's not in the best condition (I actually have two copies, one GH, one not, but the GH version is missing disc 1) and I'm still debating activating it. That and I'm out of mailers. Sure is tempting though.. I may go ahead and activate mine. lol.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Good idea, Y/N?

Yay.

Yeah, 1000 points is about equal to what you could expect to get on eBay for it (unless it's in really nice condition which you've already said it's not).

RainbowDespair on
    edited July 2008
    Grim Fandango is on its way... Oh... Hell... YES!!!!

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
    edited July 2008
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Grim Fandango is on its way.... Oh.... Hell.... YES!!!!

Hi5!

Axen on
    edited July 2008
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Grim Fandango is on its way.... Oh.... Hell.... YES!!!!

Hi5!

highfive.png

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
    edited July 2008

Good idea, Y/N?

Yay.

Yeah, 1000 points is about equal to what you could expect to get on eBay for it (unless it's in really nice condition which you've already said it's not).

I'm gonna ship the shit outta of it then.

1000 points:
    Planescape: 300
    Soul Caliber II: 100
    Viewtiful Joe 2: 150

What else should I pick up? I've got a PS2/ PC.
    I've gotten Mass Effect, Bioshock, Advanced Warfighter 2, etc. Just thinking of games off the top of my head.

Thought about picking up Devil May Cry 3, worth it?

Toxin01 on
  • ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I wish I could find individual discs for FF7. I have one full copy, non-GH that I'm keeping... then I have 2 copies, GH, disc only, both missing (or have a non-working) disc 1.

On the note of working discs... what is the best way to check if a PS1 game is working without having to play through the whole thing?

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
    edited July 2008
    Reznik wrote: »
    I wish I could find individual discs for FF7. I have one full copy, non-GH that I'm keeping... then I have 2 copies, GH, disc only, both missing (or have a non-working) disc 1.

On the note of working discs... what is the best way to check if a PS1 game is working without having to play through the whole thing?

Hire someone to play it.

Toxin01 on
    edited July 2008
    whoa, goozex is all differenty.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    whoa, goozex is all differenty.

They're gonna need to work with that a little bit. Especially text color.

Schide on
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I've got 1900 points and can't spend it on anything because I'm moving in a week. I feel like a diabetic rich kid in a candy store...

JihadJesus on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Just change your address to mine Jihad. I swear I won't keep the games.

urahonky on