As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Small issue with Folder View not auto-refreshing.

DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
I hate Windows. Really. Things go wrong when you don't do anything and stuff changes on its own.

Ok, my folders don't seem to be auto-refreshing when I add stuff. No less than a week ago, if I dragged a song into a folder, it automatically re-sorted it so it was in the right place alphabetically. It does do this if I leave the folder but its just a slightly tedious point.

Anyone know what setting needs changing to make it do so? Or do they know if it cant refresh on the fly if theres too many files or something?

Thanks for reading.

DarkWarrior on

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    view -> arrange icons by -> autoarrange

F5 is also refresh...

Dunadan019 on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    Hmm...for some reason Auto Arrange is greyed out. Can't select it.

And F-functions aren't really useful as I have to turn them off to get the most out of my f-key overrides that do other nifty stuff.

DarkWarrior on
    edited July 2008
    Hmm...for some reason Auto Arrange is greyed out. Can't select it.

And F-functions aren't really useful as I have to turn them off to get the most out of my f-key overrides that do other nifty stuff.

right click -> refresh

this should really be in the help/advice forum btw

Dunadan019 on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    What version of windows? Sounds like XP, but I want to be sure.. But still, auto-arrange is greyed out huh?

urahonky on
    edited July 2008
    Vista.

I just had a look in a few other folders and yeah, Auto arrange is just greyed out for some reason.

DarkWarrior on
    edited July 2008
    Vista.

I just had a look in a few other folders and yeah, Auto arrange is just greyed out for some reason.

if you have the view in list or detail that option will be greyed out.

Dunadan019 on
    edited July 2008
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Vista.

Well it is in list. But its always been in list but auto-arranged them. So something, somewhere has gone wrong.

DarkWarrior on
    edited July 2008
    Vista.

Well it is in list. But its always been in list but auto-arranged them. So something, somewhere has gone wrong.

probably some vista patch. try switching to small icons putting on autoarrange and then switching back.

if not then suck it up and leave it as small icons.

Dunadan019 on
    edited July 2008
    Vista.

probably some vista patch. try switching to small icons putting on autoarrange and then switching back.

if not then suck it up and leave it as small icons.

That worked. I tried it with large icons before but I think the key might be unchecking and then rechecking auto arrange before going back to list. Seems a bit lame its not an option in list mode though.

Thanks.

DarkWarrior on