As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Burnout Paradise - Where we're going, we don't need roads.

• LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Checked the Criterion website, and it says:
    We're still not able to provide a concrete date on this awesome FREE update. We're in the final stages of testing the revised version and will announce a concrete date as soon as we have one.

We're currently aiming for 4th August. That's the EARLIEST we can expect it to be available.

Many apologies to those keenly awaiting this pack. As always, we're trying to get this to you as quickly as possible.

So another week and a bit at least.

Legba on
  • The Reverend Dr GalactusThe Reverend Dr Galactus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    final note: ps3 dudes GET ONLINE. we need to get some PA games going with more than like 2 people. :)

GTA IV has somewhat preoccupied me as of late but I should be back in Paradise City this evening.

Side note: I will never take high framerates for granted again.

The Reverend Dr Galactus on
    valar-moreshellus.png
    PSN:RevDrGalactus/NN:RevDrGalactus/Steam
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hmm, if this can be had cheaply I might get it. I\'ve always liked burnout, but the demo for paradise didn\'t really grab me.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • SirsonSirson Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Six wrote: »
    Hmm, if this can be had cheaply I might get it. I\'ve always liked burnout, but the demo for paradise didn\'t really grab me.

I bought this used from Gamefly.com for 19.99 plus tax, free shipping. Got the disc looked like it hardly got played. Got my burnout license and I'm dinking around getting all the cars. Fun game.

Sirson on
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sirson wrote: »
    Hmm, if this can be had cheaply I might get it. I\\\'ve always liked burnout, but the demo for paradise didn\\\'t really grab me.

I bought this used from Gamefly.com for 19.99 plus tax, free shipping. Got the disc looked like it hardly got played. Got my burnout license and I\'m dinking around getting all the cars. Fun game.

Hmm. So are there more ps3 or 360 players here?

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    There are more people on the 360 clan list than have given me their PSN IDs, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I have yet to see some Cagney impressions from the PS3 folk here though - get to it, lads!

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • SirsonSirson Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    360'r here. Send me an invite sometime if you feel like racing online.

Sirson on
  • bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    final note: ps3 dudes GET ONLINE. we need to get some PA games going with more than like 2 people. :)

GTA IV has somewhat preoccupied me as of late but I should be back in Paradise City this evening.

Side note: I will never take high framerates for granted again.

Galactus, same here. I'm bouncing back and forth between these two games as well and both the framerate and the actual driving in GTA4 feels like slow motion.

Ah_Pook, I'm usually on most nights, and I'm always up for a game... I still need 95% of the freeburn challenges, but races and the other modes are cool with me as well. And I do have a mic, but it's my old usb one, so I only get wired up when I see I'm the only one without a mic.

Let's get a game going tonight.

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    I have yet to see some Cagney impressions from the PS3 folk here though - get to it, lads!

i thought i had put some somewhere before but heres my impressions:

timed challenges: super fun, though some of them are really frustrating

new cars: the rai-jin one is fun but handles all over the place. havent tried the hunter olympus yet, i guess it just came out today.

hippy paint job for the van: hilarious

new online modes: marked man - basically the most damn fun thing ever, assuming you can get some gentlemans agreements among players to stay in the same general vicinity and not be lame. road rage - i dunno, the way they did this doesnt really work for me. one team has to escape and the other team tries to take them out. its ok but i dunno. and i havent done stunt run because i dont really like stunt runs in general.

custom soundtracks: just the best thing ever

on the whole, this patch is really sweet and makes me want the next patches even more.

Ah_Pook on
    edited August 2008
    Criterion have confirmed that Cagney is finally coming to the 360 on August 4th. This Monday.

I'm going to be jumping on. I'll invite willy-nilly from the Burnout PA list.

Willeth on
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ooh, new content. Count me in!
    360er here!

I need to do more online challenges with people.

Djiem on
    edited August 2008
    Djiem wrote: »
    Ooh, new content. Count me in!
    360er here!

I need to do more online challenges with people.

I'm always up for challenges. If you get two full lists you'll get the Carbon Krieger Uberschall 8, which is awesome. I'm looking forward to trying out the new timed ones on Monday.

Willeth on
    edited August 2008
    these last two paradise award things have basically sucked all the joy of this game away and left in their wake burning rage and a desire to break expensive things. i finally got the 20x burnout chain after many days, and now im cranking away at the 40x multiplier in a stunt run. i crashed out on 39x on my best run. i hated stunt runs to begin with so now its just torture. but im SO CLOSE TO 100%.

man i hate achievements for shit like this.

the point is anyone who sees me online send me an invite so i can stop bashing my head against this bullshit and actually have fun again :)

Ah_Pook on
  • EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Time to play again on Monday! Maybe I can get those last 3 online achievements done finally.

http://www.criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=337

EskimoDave on
    edited August 2008
    Tomorrow evening (I finish work at 5 PM EST, then I'll eat a little) I'm grabbing Cagney and if anyone's interested, I'd like to try to gather 5-7 more forummers and go through the challenge list (from challenge 1 to 50 without skipping any), making sure everyone has a complete list. Anyone interested? Clear your agendas.

Djiem on
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I would be interested, but I start work at 4 PM EDT. :(

If anybody wants to hop on before 3, though, I'd be interested, depending when the patch drops.

freakish light on
    edited August 2008
    Just realized that all the BC day celebrations are going on all day tomorrow. Tuesday it is then =\

EskimoDave on
  • YorkerYorker Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You know what sucks? this game is still full price here.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • xWonderboyxxWonderboyx Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I haven't played this much since Cagney came out. I'm mostly waiting on MOTORCYCLES

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Holy noodle sticks Batman, Cagney is out? I'm there, man! I'm on the Burnout PA list, and expect I'll be online racing around for a good long while today, so send me a message if you want to get some game on.

Legba on
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, it's out. You need to download the package from Marketplace and then load up the game. The Auto Update activates it and you're in. To earn the Hunter Olympus you need to win a Marked Man, and for the Nakamura Rai-Jin Turbo, win a Stunt Run. I'll edit the OP in a bit.

Willeth on
  • irnirn Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Just picked this up Saturday and have not tried any of the online challanges yet... gt BIG IRN

irn on
    cashwore1.jpg
    edited August 2008
    Well, I'm downloading the update right now and am going to eat supper. Once I'm back, if anyone still wants to clear some challenges, just add me, or join me thru the Burnout PA gamertag friend list.

Djiem on
  • wakeboarderbluntwakeboarderblunt Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Im going to download the update, and be online in an hour or two if anyone wants to hit up some online challenges.

wakeboarderblunt on
    stripessig.jpg
    WBblunt.gif
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

I hated the demo and bought the game from reviews. It is the least informative demo ever. The full game is great.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Bought the game for 360 today.

gamertag is "Klyka".

Once I get good enough in single player I'll hop into online.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Got the game from Gamefly today. I remember trying the demo for a few minutes and deleting it, but the full game is really fun.

Nimble Cat on
    edited August 2008
    the demo of this game is totally nonrepresentative of the awesomeness contained in the full game. just sayin.

also i finally 100%d this shit yesterday. 89:46:40 final time, of which the last like 15 or so was trying to get the 20x burnout and 40x stunt multiplier awards. D:

i'll probably still be online a lot though, if anyone actually wants to play ever.

Ah_Pook on
    edited August 2008
    So, I have the german version which apparently has no english voices, but is completely translated into german.

For some reason, the german DJ Atomika is a WOMAN. And she sounds kinda dull/bored/stupid.

I have no idea why they would do such a thing.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited August 2008
    its probably less annoying than the actual dj atomika. i curse whoever decided to make him unmutable.

Ah_Pook on
    edited August 2008
    its probably less annoying than the actual dj atomika. i curse whoever decided to make him unmutable.

no,believe me, i heard the original in the demo and even that guy is WAY beyond the woman we have.
    she's just...she has no emotions. it's like they told her to act like a robot or a computer voice instead of "you are a radio dj!"

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    DJ Atomika is pretty okay if you ask me. He definitely has a DJs voice.

urahonky on
  • wakeboarderbluntwakeboarderblunt Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    He's Better than DJ Striker in Burnout 3. I laughed when Zero Punctuation did the Paradise review, and you see Yahtzee's portrayal of DJ Atomika

wakeboarderblunt on
    stripessig.jpg
    WBblunt.gif
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/14/burnout-paradise-coming-to-psn-this-fall/

Burnout Paradise for download on the PSN network this fall at 29.95.
    Criterion really seems to love the PS3.

Kyougu on
    edited August 2008
    They do indeed. This is a pretty cool idea, but I can't help but wonder why anyone would buy it when the disc version is much cheaper. Presumably this would prevent it becoming a Platinum title, also?

Willeth on
  • Warder45Warder45 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Kyougu wrote: »
    http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/14/burnout-paradise-coming-to-psn-this-fall/

Burnout Paradise for download on the PSN network this fall at 29.95.
    Criterion really seems to love the PS3.

Love it. If Sony was smart they would start pushing more games to offer this. Seeing as you can modify your PS3 to have a larger hard drive, this could turn into a selling point over the 360. Of course the downside is that you can't sell the game back to gamestop, etc with this plan.

Warder45 on
    edited August 2008
    I've tried to play some online, but theres barely anyone playing online.

EskimoDave on
    edited August 2008
    EskimoDave wrote: »
    I've tried to play some online, but theres barely anyone playing online.

What? That's not true. If you host a game is might take a while to fill, as it allocates people to games based on a first-come-first-served basis, but there are plenty of people online.

Willeth on
    edited September 2008
    I've just updated the OP with this information:
    Bike Pack due September 18th - next Thursday!

A full new single-player mode for motorcycles, with a male or female rider, including against-the-clock events and races.
    A fully customisable day/night cycle that traffic adheres to - if it's night, there's a lot less of it, and so on.
    Dynamic weather. Watch it on Dead Man's Edge on a rainy night.
    70 Bike-specific Freeburn Challenges - bringing the total to 490.
    Did I mention that it's free?

Willeth on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh Criterion, you spoil me.

Big Classy on