As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

And the Emmy goes to......

1235»

• Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Analog triggers? Left thumbstick in a natural and ergonomic position? Again, nothing innovative, but it certainly improved control for me.

Edit: And believe me, I hated Sony long before it was fashionable.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    LewieP wrote:
    Microsoft invented requirement for giant monkey hands
    I swear, every one of you fuckers must have dainty little child-hands. :wink:

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Analog triggers? Left thumbstick in a natural and ergonomic position? Again, nothing innovative, but it certainly improved control for me.

22301.jpg?

Dirty on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Dirty wrote:

22301.jpg?
    Ah. I didn't have a dreamcast until a couple of years ago, so I always forget that.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    LewieP wrote:
    Microsoft invented requirement for giant monkey hands
    I swear, every one of you fuckers must have dainty little child-hands. :wink:
    20020325hhw4.gif

LewieP on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dirty wrote:

22301.jpg?
    The triggers on the dreamcast controller really suck.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    That's not the point. They still did it first.

Dirty on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dirty wrote:
    That's not the point. They still did it first.
    but the fact that it sucked sort of makes it irrelevant that they did it first. Who did it first while making it a useful, natural feature is quite a bit more important.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Sega made analog triggers a useful and natural feature. Microsoft just made them more useful and more natural (and comfortable). If we are to give MS credit for the analog triggers because they implemented them better than Sega, then that means Sony should get the credit for thumbsticks and rumble because they implemented it better than the Nintendo. (The Dual Shock was capable of everything the N64 controller did w/o the need for a clumsy 3-prong design, and w/o the need to buy extra hardware and batteries.)

Dirty on
  • Options
    UnKnown SoldierUnKnown Soldier Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    titmouse wrote:
    Dirty wrote:

22301.jpg?
    The triggers on the dreamcast controller are probably the best ever.

UnKnown Soldier on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The Dreamcast is the best ever.
    Let's just skip right to the end.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    *twitch*

Henroid on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dirty wrote:
    If we are to give MS credit for the analog triggers because they implemented them better than Sega, then that means Sony should get the credit for thumbsticks and rumble because they implemented it better than the Nintendo.
    That's...exactly what happened. They got an Emmy for the DualShock, and most everyone here seems to agree with the decision. I'm not questioning the quality of the DC controller (although I hated the general shape, I too loved the analog and triggers), my only point was that who did it first rarely matters as much as who did it best. Oh, and I fucking hated the N64 controller more than any controller I've ever held before or since.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Just Like ThatJust Like That Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Samphis wrote:
    DeepQantas wrote:
    every week it's something new with Sony. What the hell is wrong with these guys?
    They're edgy!

They're getting us to talk about them. Maybe they've truly embraced the idea that no publicity is bad publicity.

I hear their next move is to club baby seals to death until they are all extinct.

Just Like That on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Tobasco wrote:
    Samphis wrote:
    DeepQantas wrote:
    every week it's something new with Sony. What the hell is wrong with these guys?
    They're edgy!

They're getting us to talk about them. Maybe they've truly embraced the idea that no publicity is bad publicity.

I hear their next move is to club baby seals to death until they are all extinct.
    kazclubbingxcopyyf2.jpg
    ?

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    :lol:

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    Just Like ThatJust Like That Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    -SPI- wrote:
    Tobasco wrote:
    Samphis wrote:
    DeepQantas wrote:
    They're edgy!

kazclubbingxcopyyf2.jpg
    ?

Close, but I was thinking more like this:

kazclubbingxcopyyf2.jpg

Just Like That on
  • Options
    UnKnown SoldierUnKnown Soldier Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So thats why PS3's are so expensive.

They are made from baby seals.

UnKnown Soldier on
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I have large hands, I can't get a DS Phat to fit comfortably in my hands most times. If I get a DS lite, it'll probably be even worse!

Endomatic on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I guess that explains the secret behind the $2,500 cost of the new PS3 model.

Working up money to bail Sony execs out of prison for seal clubbing.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Endomatic wrote:
    I have large hands, I can't get a DS Phat to fit comfortably in my hands most times. If I get a DS lite, it'll probably be even worse!
    I found it to be the opposite. The Phat was pretty uncomfortable for me as well, but I've had zero complaints about the Lite.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Really?

I also saw these little grip things that you can sort of clip or set your DS lite into.

EBgames.com has them. They look like they might help.

Endomatic on