As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Man I Hate It When...

GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin ItRegistered User regular
edited August 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
For the last few weeks I've decided to keep a list of things that bother or annoy me as I notice them, I have the first fifty posted here and the list is still going strong (over 175)

So I was just wondering, what are some of your guys' pet peeves, the things in your life or in the world that really rub your rhubarb the wrong way?

04xkcuvaav19.png
GR_Zombie on

• ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    People who go to the gym and do isolation exercises.

ege02 on
  • eHeroeHero Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    When my ex would put my good kitchen knives in the dish washer. She thought it was funny. I almost put HER in the dish washer. grumble grumble

eHero on
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    People who get annoyed by the most insipid shit.

Greeper on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    eHero wrote: »
    When my ex would put my good kitchen knives in the dish washer. She thought it was funny. I almost put HER in the dish washer. grumble grumble

My mother did this, and ruined a lot of her knives... and she couldn't figure out why. :|

My wife likes to get a soda, and drink it slowly. Eventually it goes flat. Then she grabs another.

She forgets the step where she gets rid of the first can.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Greeper wrote: »
    People who get annoyed by the most insipid shit.

<3

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You need to lighten up.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2008
    -People who train combat sports and try to show off (see my post in the MMA thread).

-People who cut in front of older people in line at the bus stop.

-These goddamned terrorists in front end loaders and now whoever the fuck is messing w/ Turkey.

Organichu on
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ege02 wrote: »

Don't be a hater. Unless they are doing them in the squat rack.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • ClickForthClickForth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Threads about things people hate.

ClickForth on
  • MandaristaMandarista Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    People who judge you based solely on whatever particular over-exaggerated negative stereotype your parents past seems to fit into.

"Whaaat? Your dad dropped out of college? Are you an idiot then too?"
    "whaaat? Your mom was born to one of those "poor" families in this "ghetto" place I hear so much about? Ha ha! You're trash!"
    "Whaaat? You only had one parent growing up as a kid? You must be one of those "underprivileged bastard" kids I hear so much about..."
    "Whaaat? Your parents wen to that woodstock hippie thing back when? You one of them "crack-babies" then?"
    Or stuff like that.
    :x

Mandarista on
    Screw Frodo..... TASSLEHOFF LIVES!
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Mandarista wrote: »
    People who judge you based solely on whatever particular over-exaggerated negative stereotype your parents past seems to fit into.

"whaaat? Your mom was born to one of those "poor" families in this "ghetto" place I hear so much about? Ha ha! You're trash!"
    "Whaaat? You only had one parent growing up as a kid? You must be one of those "underprivileged bastard" kids I hear so much about..."
    "Whaaat? Your parents wen to that woodstock hippie thing back when? You one of them "crack-babies" then?"
    Or stuff like that.
    Who does this?

Bama on
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    Mandarista wrote: »

Or stuff like that.
    Who does this?
    Nobody does.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008

I don't really hate them, actually.

I just hate the "health club" culture that's all too prevalent wherever you go, with gyms full of machines and "certified" trainers making up training schedules that use those machines. Such a huge waste of time. And then people wonder why they aren't making any progress and eventually lose motivation.

I guess you could say that I'm raging against the machine.

ege02 on
  • HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    • People who throw Emo around as an insult towards everything.
    • Console Wars.
    • Youtube comments.
    • Gambling advertisements.
    • Anyone unwilling to listen to good music because its old.
    • Boy racers.
    • Remakes of movies that obviously don't need a remake.

Heh, that was more fun than i was expecting.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I hate it when people ask me the same question repeatedly after I've given them the answer and they have most obviously heard it. I don't chew them out or anything but... man it fucking irritates me.

I hate the phone ringing and interrupting me in the middle of stuff. Actually, I hate the phone in general. E-mail, IM or face to face plz. Also, fuck telemarketers. I don't want your fucking credit card or cell phone. Piss off.

I hate it when I book time off work, remind my boss repeatedly about it and yet she still books me to work that day, then gets all pissy when I remind her "hey, I booked that off." Fuck off, it's not my fault you suck at scheduling and haven't hired any more people.

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Haikira wrote: »
    Boy racers.

? Is that just like it sounds or is that slang for something?

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Tangled wires--from zero to enraged in about three seconds. Every time.

I don't even know why

It's like flipping a switch in my brain

Elendil on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    When people use don't instead of doesn't and vice-virca

Gorilla Salad on
  • DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    When these aren't the droids I'm looking for.

Daedalus on
  • YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Shadowfire wrote: »

My wife likes to get a soda, and drink it slowly. Eventually it goes flat. Then she grabs another.

She forgets the step where she gets rid of the first can.

Did you marry my girlfriend at some point while I was at work?

YodaTuna on
  • TrichomeTrichome Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    People use that cutesy icanhascheezburger.com language.

Trichome on
  • HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    Boy racers.

As it sounds really, its a big problem where i live. Drivers who think they're the shit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_racer_(sub-culture)#United_Kingdom

And its pretty common to read about accidents caused by them.

Its thanks to shit like The Fast and the Furious and Need for Speed if you ask me :x

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I don't really hate them, actually.

I just hate the "health club" culture that's all too prevalent wherever you go, with gyms full of machines and "certified" trainers making up training schedules that use those machines. Such a huge waste of time. And then people wonder why they aren't making any progress and eventually lose motivation.

I guess you could say that I'm raging against the machine.

Save for the trainer part, that's all I ever do at the gym. What exactly do you think the point of a gym is, exactly?

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Trichome wrote: »

It's funny, I know this girl who uses that kind of slang ALL THE TIME. I went and visited her house (we're both staying in Portland over the summer) and every other word from her mouth was lolspeak. She's kind of an insecure hipster who gets angry a lot and calls me a lazy bastard, so it was also a very confusing experience. I chalked it up to her just spending too much time by herself over the summer.

I mean, I use a whole lot of slang too, but jeeze man, it was intense.

real_pochacco on
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    Boy racers.

As it sounds really, its a big problem where i live. Drivers who think they're the shit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_racer_(sub-culture)#United_Kingdom

And its pretty common to read about accidents caused by them.

Its thanks to shit like The Fast and the Furious and Need for Speed if you ask me :x

Ah, we just call them street racers here. Nice to learn something new:P

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
    edited July 2008

It's funny, I know this girl who uses that kind of slang ALL THE TIME. I went and visited her house (we're both staying in Portland over the summer) and every other word from her mouth was lolspeak. She's kind of an insecure hipster who gets angry a lot and calls me a lazy bastard, so it was also a very confusing experience. I chalked it up to her just spending too much time by herself over the summer.

At least it was a girl using it. Guys doing that shit? GTFO! Portland is cool i go there sometimes.

I also hate when i get a wrong number and i tell them "wrong number" and they say is this 555-56...I always blow up and say LOOK, I SAID YOU GOT THE WRONG NUMBER! I know who i am, damn.

Also i HATE Big passenger Trucks. They block my view when i get stuck behind them and 80%+ of the people driving them are assholes.

Trichome on
  • DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

At least it was a girl using it. Guys doing that shit? GTFO! Portland is cool i go there sometimes.

I also hate when i get a wrong number and i tell them "wrong number" and they say is this 555-56...I always blow up and say LOOK, I SAID YOU GOT THE WRONG NUMBER! I know who i am, damn.

man, they just want to know if they punched in the wrong number or if they wrote down the wrong number.

because if it's the latter, you just guaranteed that they'll call a second time.

Daedalus on
    edited July 2008
    Daedalus wrote: »

man, they just want to know if they punched in the wrong number or if they wrote down the wrong number.

because if it's the latter, you just guaranteed that they'll call a second time.

i understand this but i've been getting calls for the last 2 years for this couple. from their friends, their relatives etc. It just gets old. i get at least 1 call a day from someone looking for them.

Trichome on
  • YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Daedalus wrote: »

i understand this but i've been getting calls for the last 2 years for this couple. from their friends, their relatives etc. It just gets old. i get at least 1 call a day from someone looking for them.

Someone never watched Seinfeld. I've been getting calls for two years on my phone for some dude named "Rich". I actually find it kind of amusing especially since I started asking people like if Rich is a good guy or a drug dealer or whatever.

YodaTuna on
  • MandaristaMandarista Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    Who does this?
    Lots of people do in the town I live in.

Mandarista on
    Screw Frodo..... TASSLEHOFF LIVES!
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    • Anyone unwilling to listen to good music because its new.

This is almost more annoying to me than the other way around. "Modern Music" doesn't necessarily mean "Britney Spears" or whatever.

And shit, even some of her stuff is kind of catchy. God forbid you admit to listening to it, though.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited July 2008
    Also, reality tv and people yelling at me to shut up when it comes on. My mom does this all the time. That's another complaint, though.

Gorilla Salad on
  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Shadowfire wrote: »

My mother did this, and ruined a lot of her knives... and she couldn't figure out why. :|

Wait, what does putting a knife in the dishwasher do?

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
    edited July 2008
    • Anyone unwilling to listen to good music because its new.

This is almost more annoying to me than the other way around. "Modern Music" doesn't necessarily mean "Britney Spears" or whatever.

And shit, even some of her stuff is kind of catchy. God forbid you admit to listening to it, though.

I hate people who hate Hit Me Baby One More Time.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• PicardathonPicardathon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm pretty sure this is a sign that we need to reopen the whiners thread.
    Also, as an addition, the entire celebrity media complex.

Picardathon on
  • real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You know what I hate? Sexism. It's pretty lame.

real_pochacco on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I intensely dislike many things.

Let me think for a second.

We have:

*Smug, wishy-washy agnostics
    *Very religious people who are holier than thou and self-righteous
    *Ignorant, xenophobic conservatives
    *Farm lobbyists
    *Neo-Cons
    *Libertarians
    *Objectivists
    *People who are ignorant and proud of it
    *Vapid tweens who think their prom is the most important thing in the universe
    *Snobby rich people
    *Insular bubble-denizens
    *Girls who say "I hate feminists"
    *Anyone who says "I hate feminists"
    *Fake corporate shills
    *People who pay attention to me for the wrong reasons. See next item
    *Strip clubs, for the above reason
    *People who "don't read." Like, seriously? You never read a fucking book? Come on now. It's not that hard.
    *People who make everything black and white
    *Religious people who are morally sure of themselves
    *Nationalists
    *Jingoistic patriots
    *People who stop talking and smile and nod while you talk, but they're only thinking of the next thing they're going to say
    *People who use you as means to an end, rather than ends
    *People who don't even know who Kant is
    *People who don't know IN WHAT FUCKING DECADE WORLD WAR II MOSTLY HAPPENED. (I'm not making that one up)
    *People who decry the chinese for eating dog as they chomp down on a bacon burger, fucking hypocrites. Cute and fluffy =/= only reason to care about a fucking creature

There's more. I'll come back to this.

MikeMan on
    edited July 2008
    themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Rufus_ShinraRufus_Shinra Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    People assume that everyone was brought up the same way they were, or that their view of the world is sacrosanct and unquestionable.

Also: youtube comments.

Rufus_Shinra on
    edited July 2008
    also, people who use memes all the damn time.

Gorilla Salad on
This discussion has been closed.