As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Show us your Workstation Thread] Keeping tissue boxes where they are

MangarooMangaroo LondonRegistered User regular
edited December 2009 in Moe's Stupid Technology Tavern
Alright, this is a show us your workstation thread, a thread for showing us the station where you work, so get to it!

Oh, don't clean it first either, let's see all your crap

Alright, i'll get us started

4e7db32e.jpg

Full size (sorry for bad quality, it was an iphone snap)

Since I'm (supposed to be) doing work right now, I got rid of all my games and what not and kept it to a bare minimum. I also rotated my monitor for a vertical screen. It makes a nice setup for revision - having powerpoint & a wikipedia page right below it)

Edit: It's actually not so bad for an iphone snap...it's not all that bright inside either

Edit 2: Moved shit around - didn't want to post reply as it's not all about me (and it has only been like a day)
ff6cd63aebc0b2489ee221c1ecb8b605.jpg

Mangaroo on

• Options
    prawnstar69prawnstar69 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm liking the vertical screen setup and somewhere to hang headphones is a great idea. My girlfriend usually throws mine of the floor and they end up getting stepped on.

One day she'll learn to keep electronic equipment tidy. It sounds sexist, but if I mess up a laundry pile she yells bloody murder at me, she breaks my headphones and it's all "so what?". Grr.

prawnstar69 on
    Bana84.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I've broken so many headphones in my time that when I bought these new pair I knew I'd better do something so i just got some bolts and drilled some holes in the wall like a madman, came out alright though!

Mangaroo on
  • Options
    KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    God, my setup is such garbage. I can't wait till I get a decent place, so I can set up an awesome office/workstation. I get so excited just thinking about it. :winky:

Kris on
  • Options
    Desert_Eagle25Desert_Eagle25 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I like the air-conditioner exhaust tube. I have the same thing in my room :-D

Desert_Eagle25 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    =] I just got the thing yesterday, it's so loud and so big and hideous, but damnit, it gets so hot in here that it's worth it - come on folks, get your cameras out and show us your warhammer dolls and ninja turtle rulers (and your comp of course, this is a Tech thread, right Moe?)

Mangaroo on
  • Options
    TrentusTrentus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I was secretly hoping you were going to tell us that you just got new ultra high bandwidth broadband, and that was the cable.

Trentus on
  • Options
    prawnstar69prawnstar69 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Trentus wrote: »
    I was secretly hoping you were going to tell us that you just got new ultra high bandwidth broadband, and that was the cable.

Fat pipes

I'll post a pic of both my ghetto setups tomorrow.

prawnstar69 on
    Bana84.png
  • Options
    Pastoriusk2Pastoriusk2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Here is my corner in my studio apartment.
    Spoilered for hueg.
    corner.JPG

Having your legs up on a bed with your keyboard on your lap is the most comfortable position ever.

Pastoriusk2 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Holy crap those are huge speakers, man O_o

Desert_Eagle25 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    What you don't see is the 1200 watt 12" sub behind my bed under the window I built. Good thing I like my neighbors, otherwise they would be pissed constantly.

Pastoriusk2 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    So how big is the studio apartment? Pretty decent cost atleast?

Desert_Eagle25 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Its pretty big, I think I measured 18X22 with a little kitchen and bathroom which is sufficient enough for one or two people. $1145 a month in Boston. Its cheaper to live with people, but I hated having roommates so this place is worth every penny to me.

Pastoriusk2 on
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Stupid not being able to turn off the flash on this camera.
    picture034gd0.jpg

LaCabra on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Here is my corner in my studio apartment.
    Spoilered for hueg.
    corner.JPG

Having your legs up on a bed with your keyboard on your lap is the most comfortable position ever.

That Tool poster was always a little to literal for me.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    SilvoculousSilvoculous Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It might've helped if I'd looked at that one first.

14xraf.jpg

Silvoculous on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My setup was just moved, and will be again at the end of the week, then I will take pictures.

Khavall on
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    New rig, and wall-mounted speakers:

picture

I am proud.

I'm sure it would look better if that picture didnt' make my eyes bleed.

I might have to take a picture of my setup once I clean it up a bit.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh I am so snapping my office workstation tomorrow.

3 monitors, bitches. 3 of em.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    MugenmidgetMugenmidget Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Mine is really cramped:

cramped.jpg

I use that cheap TV above it to display S-Video output from my video card, converted to composite first. :-(

So it can technically be a dual monitor setup but it's more or less just fun to play traditional games (that red wire is a Street Fighter 2 pad which is hooked up to a PS2-to-USB hub) and watch movies/shows.

Two things I like are the PVR-150 for capture and a Gamebridge as well (mostly for Justin.TV fun), which helps explain some of the various wires strewn about. Otherwise it's a fairly ghetto setup...

Mugenmidget on
    e3ORbfq.png
  • Options
    blanknogoblanknogo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Here's mine:

20080726-Desk.jpg

blanknogo on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Mangaroo wrote: »
    ff6cd63aebc0b2489ee221c1ecb8b605.jpg

Is that a clock dildo?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Do you mean the speakers?

4116YT828DL.jpg

harmon kardon soundsticks II
    they are really dildos that look like the soundsticks, i couldnt afford the real thing :(

by the way blanknogo, love the colour matching - is that the logitech vx revolution mouse? mine just arrived today (partly broken) anyway i was reading they eventually i have problems with the hyper scroll wheel - how long have you had yours..do you use the normal scroll or hyperscroll, and hows it working :)

the main reason i bought it was because i was sending back my apple mighty mouse every few months since the scroll wheel locked...now it seems everyones doing the same with the vx (those who arent fixing it themselves anyway)

Mangaroo on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Mangaroo wrote: »
    by the way blanknogo, love the colour matching - is that the logitech vx revolution mouse? mine just arrived today (partly broken) anyway i was reading they eventually i have problems with the hyper scroll wheel - how long have you had yours..do you use the normal scroll or hyperscroll, and hows it working :)

the main reason i bought it was because i was sending back my apple mighty mouse every few months since the scroll wheel locked...now it seems everyones doing the same with the vx (those who arent fixing it themselves anyway)

It's actually the full size MX Revolution (I only ever use it at home). I've had it for about a year now and I use it in normal scroll (click click click) and have it auto switch to hyperscroll when I scroll really, really fast (I set it at the max setting). I'm not really sure what kind of issue you're describing with the VX, but so far the MX is working fantastically - it's really the best mouse I have ever used.

blanknogo on
  • Options
    HallucinogenHallucinogen Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    How much is Rogers/Fido raping you for that iPhone?

Hallucinogen on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    How much is Rogers/Fido raping you for that iPhone?

It's an unlocked old iPhone, so nothing aside from my regular plan (i.e. I'm being raped no more than the average Canadian when it comes to cellular rates).

blanknogo on
  • Options
    KaimakaKaimaka Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Here is my computer space

kaimaka_desktop.jpg

From this photo I can see:
    Transformers Animated Prowl
    the sticker I ordered a free CD from over seas and waited a couple of weeks for (I like free stickers)
    my video card box
    R4 DS Box
    digital camera charger
    one of those cool little 'CD Mates' cardboard envelopes with a stamp on my brother uses to send me DVDs

Kaimaka on
    2bas2j6qpsiv.gif
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3349-7357-2013
    3DS Friend code: 3093 8504 2352
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Here's a couple of quick, crappy pics of my setup:
    That's my PC under the desk and my 360 Elite next to the monitor. I had a 19" widescreen monitor sitting on my Xbox but my roommate's monitor died and I loaned him mine. Thankfully my other one has two inputs so it's not a big deal.
    IMG_0800.jpg
    IMG_0799.jpg

edit: yes, those are kitties on my mousepad. I love mine so much. :D

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    That is some ridiculous clutter. And those cords.

Silvoculous on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I know, I really want to clean it all up but I just can't be bothered to. Besides, my girlfriend uses it too and I wouldn't even know where she would want me to put all of her shit. I can hardly decide where to put all of mine. :D

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Another cluttered desk:

desk.jpg

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    EgoEgo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    iso.jpg

Can't seem to find my digital camera, so that's a low quality cell phone pic, sorry. When I find my camera I'll take a better one. The primary rig is poking out behind the display, my alternate rig is, er, to the right of the display. Inside the motherboard box... and on top of it. But given what it's for, that kind of the point.

Ego on
    Erik
  • Options
    JandaruJandaru New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    DSC04497.jpg

From left to right -
    Water bottle and various mints.
    Flexible desk lamp, pointed at the wall.
    A couple of spindles of DVDs, backups mixed together with blanks for sending stuff to my brother.
    Terrible multi-plug setup. Who puts a power point halfway up the wall anyway?
    Neglected drawing stuff...
    Iron Man atop my external hard drive, Optimash Prime and Animated Optimus Prime on crappy lopsided speakers,
    Animated Blackarachnia, Movie Bumblebee and Sam Witwicky (totally not Mutt Williams)

Jandaru on
    0ijlzpptari2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Two things I like are the PVR-150 for capture and a Gamebridge as well (mostly for Justin.TV fun), which helps explain some of the various wires strewn about. Otherwise it's a fairly ghetto setup...

Well yeah, but, Megaman figurines. Optimus Prime's got nothing.

Silvoculous on
  • Options
    deke55555deke55555 regular
    edited July 2008
    100_0101.jpg

Gaze ye in horror at my messy desk. (This is my work desk, because that's where I am.)

Notable objects: Mayo packet, company secrets, empty vase (nothing living can bear the IT office), Red Hat manual,.

deke55555 on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    workDesktop.jpg

My work desktop. Only had my phone around at the moment, so it's not the greatest quality. I somehow snagged a corner-office in my second year here, and someone is going to have to pry it away from me.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I love the artwork. :^:

Kris on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Kris wrote: »
    I love the artwork. :^:
    Thank you! My mom painted that for me. :D

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This is my desk at home, same as always.
    desk.jpg

Azio on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    azio you have my keyboard and mouse. my favorite ever...

how did you change the login background in vista?

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    This is what my home desk looks like after four consecutive 70 hour weeks when I am too tired to anything but post on forums.
    desk.jpg

Complete with a dozen of those plastic floss thingies that I love to chew on.

It's shameful, I know.

Jasconius on