As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX- Penny Arcade Expo, anyone hear of it?

• Options
    TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I hate that PAX is scheduled just when fall semester starts every year. Guess that's another reason for me graduating this semester. PAX 09 for sure.
    Same Opinion x 10

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I hate that PAX is scheduled just when fall semester starts every year. Guess that's another reason for me graduating this semester. PAX 09 for sure.

Unless you have weekend classes why not just leave as soon as possible on Friday and have fun friday night through the weekend?

It's not impossible.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    MusanMusan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Pretty much what I'm doing, since I just started work recently.

I'll be going, mostly for to meet up with the other TF2 guys and get some SC2 in as well.

Musan on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I shall be there, second year.

Maybe this time I will honor tournament schedules as opposed to chasing after girls.

Nah.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Unless their first class is on Friday August 29, because most classes require you to attend the first one

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    SushisourceSushisource Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Feel free to stick me on the list of people in attendance. I've got a three day. I know people are handing out buttons and whatnot but for those of us who are too cheap do we have any other method of identification?

Coming up to UW to start early, and this will be my second year attending PAX. I'm so looking forward to living in Seattle.

Sushisource on
    Some drugee on Kavinsky's 1986
    kavinskysig.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Other than the thread of people posting their picture, I guess not really.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    JCRooksJCRooks Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'll be there as well. Second year! I guess that makes me a sophmore?

Since I live in the Seattle area and know a lot of people here, I'll probably be going with various friends throughout the three days. That said, I'd be interested in there were some G&T specific outing. Chill out at a bar or something perhaps?

JCRooks on
    Xbox LIVE, Steam, Twitter, etc. ...
    Gamertag: Rooks
    - Don't add me, I'm at/near the friend limit :)

Steam: JC_Rooks

Twitter: http://twitter.com/JiunweiC

I work on this: http://www.xbox.com
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Bah! I'm jealous you guys get to go. I brought it up early on in the year and everyone was all: "OH YEAH SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA!"

When I brought it up around the registration time they were all like: "Why the fuck would I want to go there?"

Le sigh.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    my only thought would be staking out an area of that pre pax dinner.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    JCRooks wrote: »
    I'll be there as well. Second year! I guess that makes me a sophmore?

Since I live in the Seattle area and know a lot of people here, I'll probably be going with various friends throughout the three days. That said, I'd be interested in there were some G&T specific outing. Chill out at a bar or something perhaps?

i'd be down for a bar meet and greet, though i dont know if everyone in this motley crew is over 21

Guek on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    I'll be there.

And over 21.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    apotheos wrote: »
    I'll be there.

And over 21.

And have a drink with raslin

Raslin on

• Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Who wants to do drinks Thursday night, eh?

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    steve-o99steve-o99 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'll be attending my first year. But because PAX hates Bumbershoot and all gamers that happen to also like good music, I'm going to have to chase Beck into Canada to catch him. Hmmph.
    Additionally, this year is easily the best Bumbershoot in 10 years, so yeah, way to go PAX, you're so awesome you just can't leave any room for any other awesome.

Also, me and my buds have three for the interlocking tetris block brigage (yay! original ideas!)

steve-o99 on
    Max sig size 500x80px <3 Moe
    modernguilt-tag-330x150.jpg
    The_Scarab wrote:
    seriously im worried. these are truly the end of days. duke nukem forever is coming out, and the best nintendo ds game on the horizon is a sonic the hedgehog rpg by bioware.
    Brawl: 4983-4625-3928
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Not sure when I am busy and when I am not, I put my mum in charge of my itinary since I am so disorganised, but in principal I am very much up for a G&T bar meet up.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    Who wants to do drinks Thursday night, eh?

Thursday would probably work well. Friday/Saturday night have the concerts, if I remember correctly, and Sunday night is sorta lame and many people will be travelling then.

If we're seriously going to do this, anyone want to organize? (And no, not me, I am way too busy with work at the moment :()

JCRooks on

• Options
    SushisourceSushisource Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Dang screw you people and your age.

Being 18 is a big downside to group gatherings.

Sushisource on
    Some drugee on Kavinsky's 1986
    kavinskysig.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    well i'm party crashing se's dinner, and most people are going to the PAX dinner, and after that we (G&T) can meet up at some bar somewhere. i don't know seattle and I don't really drink, so AI'm not a good choice to decide where to go.

and the green tortise hostel residents are making their own party there, so we're even more divided.

sushi, the pre-pax dinner is a great event for all ages.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Whats wrong with drinking in a hotel room? Some of us aren't bar fans.

Raslin on

• Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So I'll be at PAX this year for the first time ever. I'm looking forward to drinking with (some) of you jerks. There will also be a live episode of The Podcasters or Porkcasters or Poopcasters, whatever it is we're calling ourselves now.

Also, Felicia Day.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Dunno. sounds good. just need a meet up, which could be the pre-dinner and whatever

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Raslin wrote: »

If it's anything like last year was for our hotel group, getting liquor without using a car or a bar is like a fucking treasure hunt.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    Not sure when I am busy and when I am not, I put my mum in charge of my itinary since I am so disorganised, but in principal I am very much up for a G&T bar meet up.

I get that you are younger than most here, and that unlike anyone else your mom is a member here, but for the love of god you need to learn that letting your mother run your life is a sure road to ruin and embarrassment.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    er...I don't think I am younger than most people (21)

Don't worry she doesn't run my life at all, it's just that PAX is pretty hectic and she kept asking me "Can we go to 'X'" or "Shall we go to 'Y'", so I just said that she could decide the itinerary, much easier.

LewieP on
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I can't go because I have to go to college

The timing is great for everyone going to college on the east coast (that's a lie)

Lemming on
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Maybe it's easier for grad students than undergrad, but seriously talk to your advisor and explain things, talk to your professors, and everything should work out. It's what I do.

Yes I will be there, and I look forward to seeing all of you. (My post in the pictures thread is: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=6337538#post6337538 )

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    CrapfestivalCrapfestival Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Even if I am much more of a lurker, I'll be there. Arriving way earlier than the rest of my group on Thursday, so I'm down for getting in on any shenanigans that afternoon/evening.

Crapfestival on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    considering my friends and I wont be driving up until friday morning, i hope we can arrange another gathering outside of thursday night. I'd totally be down for a hotel party, might even volunteer my room, but that might be a big ol can of worms.

besides, geeks + booze + games - women = whatever cliche your mind conjures up

Guek on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Raiden333 wrote: »

If it's anything like last year was for our hotel group, getting liquor without using a car or a bar is like a fucking treasure hunt.

To be fair, I wasn't the one acquiring the alcohol. But I did go to parties where they had too much alcohol, and were inviting extra people just to get rid of some of it.

Again, parties with too much booze. I didn't think it was possible.

Raslin on

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

To be fair, I wasn't the one acquiring the alcohol. But I did go to parties where they had too much alcohol, and were inviting extra people just to get rid of some of it.

They obviously weren't taking the West Coast Train Trip...

We finally got someone with a car to go on a booze run for us, with like $300 pooled up for it. We had like 3-4 full bottles left over from the party which came in extremely useful passing the time on the trip home. :lol:

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited July 2008

They obviously weren't taking the West Coast Train Trip...

We finally got someone with a car to go on a booze run for us, with like $300 pooled up for it. We had like 3-4 full bottles left over from the party which came in extremely useful passing the time on the trip home. :lol:

They weren't, but I was.

Speaking of which, I'll probably be bringing a bottle of something or another along for the trip.

Raslin on

• Options
    edited July 2008
    It's times like this that I wish I lived in the city, rather than 30 minutes north. I have a nice pad that I've hosted various parties/get-togethers, but obviously most people aren't going to have cars.

Anyway, a hotel room is also fine. Maybe better too, since we don't have to worry about getting under 21s into a bar. The only caveat is that too much party = trouble for the room owner. Also, I don't know if it's such a good idea to be advertising liquor/booze at a place where minors could be.

As for "getting liquor without a car", I'm more than happy to "go shopping" and make a delivery, since I'm essentially local.

JCRooks on

• Options
    edited July 2008
    Parents keep liquor in houses with minors, its not exactly illegal. Its a whole different thing to be saying "Hey, minors, come get wasted!".

But yeah, Sea lab pretty much proved that big parties are bad parties.

Raslin on

• Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This will be my first time. I'll be coming on one of the cross country trips with a co-worker. And I look forward to the drinks Raslin :p

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    Solid_SteveSolid_Steve Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Post Blue wrote: »
    I'll be there for everything. Fourth year.

How strange- I can only imagine that I know you somehow. Fourth year... That would mean that you're not one of my immediate acquaintances, at least. How perplexing. I feel a great need to know.

Oh, and I'm going as well. 3rd time. Woop woop, PAX.

Solid_Steve on
    Along the shore the cloud waves break,
    The twin suns sink beneath the lake,
    The shadows lengthen
    In Carcosa.
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Should be interesting for those of us who are over 21 that don't drink.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Wait, what? I don't understand. Was...was there an accident of some kind? How awful. I'm so sorry.

Guek on
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Guek wrote: »

Wait, what? I don't understand. Was...was there an accident of some kind? How awful. I'm so sorry.

Some people are allergic to yeast. Some people.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    bigwah wrote: »
    Guek wrote: »

Some people are allergic to yeast. Some people.

yes, i know, my best friend happens to be allergic to yeast as well.

still...
    my-liquor-cabinet.jpg problem solved (for the most part, at least)

Guek on