As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There's no way he's straight, he's in De[chat] Mode!

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    stilist wrote: »
    Penis swordfights are elementary.

Did you read the Sherlock Holmes story where he solved a crime by figuring out that the bad guy swallowed a clue? It was alimentary, my dear Watson.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I just had 2 poptars and a monster energy drink for lunch. And soon it will include another cigarette.

I'm going to die before I hit 30 most likely.

Evigilant on
    XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    Man

I really can't wait for this season of Heroes. Last year really sucked for TV. Thanks, writers guild.

Fixed for non-shitty shows.

You took out house and the office and put in HEROES??!??!!? as a non shitty show? I take it you haven't read season 3 spoilers.

House is a terrible show. It treads water entirely on the power of Hugh Laurie's personality.
    Office pales in comparison to the BBC version.
    And no I haven't read season 3 spoilers.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Did you read the Sherlock Holmes story where he solved a crime by figuring out that the bad guy swallowed a clue? It was alimentary, my dear Watson.
    I... I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Bama on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Man

I really can't wait for this season of Heroes. Last year really sucked for TV. Thanks, writers guild.

You took out house and the office and put in HEROES??!??!!? as a non shitty show? I take it you haven't read season 3 spoilers.

I was kinda looking forward to Season 3 of Heroes because we'll have actual supervillains now. What are some of these spoilers?

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You have two more minutes to answer my question.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Man

House is a terrible show. It treads water entirely on the power of Hugh Laurie's personality.

Season 3 will make season 2 look like it was well written.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Bama wrote: »

Out of all the D&D regulars you have the greatest appetite for puns. Give yourself some time to digest it.

Feral on

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Heroes is pretty much shit. I haven't watched too much of the American version of The Office but from what I saw the two are entirely different shows.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Man

House may be the most formulaic show on television, this much is true. But you recognize why it's worth watching but mention it as a detraction?

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    House is pretty okay, but kinda goofy.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Man

1) Maybe. But we're talking about Hugh Laurie here!
    2) Maybe. But even so you're comparing it to...
    3) ... season 2 Heroes?

Maybe you should get Tori out of your head, she may have stepped on something.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    PIH answer my fucking question or I'm going to sodomize you.

It's just a clever method of creating a franchise that can span different media. A manga/anime about a video game spawing video games based off it.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Feral: You are so wrong you are the wrongest wronger in the history of wrongitude. If there was an award show for wrongness, you would be the host of the event, and the winner of every single Wrongy in every category of wrongivity.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    House may be the most formulaic show on television, this much is true. But you recognize why it's worth watching but mention it as a detraction?

Oh, Hugh Laurie is never a detraction. I could watch Hugh Laurie reading names out of the phone book and be entertained.

It's just that everything else about the show is terrible. It's Hugh Laurie swimming in a big pool of television shit.

Feral on

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    So I used to play SoulCal on the DreamCast a whole lot with my then-roommate. I just bought SoulCal 4 for the 360, and while it's a much fuller and better-polished game than the original, I've been feeling like I'm kind of forcing myself to play it and trying to enjoy it. I guess issue one is that playing against the AI in a fighting game just isn't as much fun - I don't have the reflexes to respond to their moves in time, it's not really possible to guess their attack patterns, and the AI seemingly has no ability to respond to me spamming the same attack pattern over and over.

Also, maybe fighting games feel a little anachronistic anymore. I mean, for a while around 2000, every other game was a fighting game, but today it just feels kind of disjointed and facile. Also, I know that the story in SoulCal has always been nonsensical, but now it just feels puerile. I think I'm requiring more out of a game these days.

Maybe I'd like it better if I had someone to play against.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Feral, amend your sig appropriately to reflect your bad tastes in television.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    It's just a clever method of creating a franchise that can span different media. A manga/anime about a video game spawing video games based off it.
    Sorta like Transformers and Care Bears and such?

stilist on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i'm right here, and i must admit

i've been pinin for you

and my wish, when i touch myself

i am conjuring you

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hey, it's Will. I thought you were dead.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

Ah.

It helps that they're actually decently written to boot.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Will, I may be going to Boston in the next few weeks. I'm supposed to punch you in the cock.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Feral, amend your sig appropriately to reflect your bad tastes in television.

Meh. I recognize Heroes isn't the greatest thing ever, but TV has pretty much sucked for the last couple of years anyway.

Feral on

• Options
    edited August 2008
    Irond Will wrote: »
    So I used to play SoulCal on the DreamCast a whole lot with my then-roommate. I just bought SoulCal 4 for the 360, and while it's a much fuller and better-polished game than the original, I've been feeling like I'm kind of forcing myself to play it and trying to enjoy it. I guess issue one is that playing against the AI in a fighting game just isn't as much fun - I don't have the reflexes to respond to their moves in time, it's not really possible to guess their attack patterns, and the AI seemingly has no ability to respond to me spamming the same attack pattern over and over.

Also, maybe fighting games feel a little anachronistic anymore. I mean, for a while around 2000, every other game was a fighting game, but today it just feels kind of disjointed and facile. Also, I know that the story in SoulCal has always been nonsensical, but now it just feels puerile. I think I'm requiring more out of a game these days.

There's always Live and other PA people.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Out of all the D&D regulars you have the greatest appetite for puns. Give yourself some time to digest it.
    Fair enough, I'll chew on it for a bit.

Bama on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

I have someone to play against and I will still not buy it. Actually the DBZ game looks much funnier and you don't have to pretend to know what your buttonmashing does.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Will, I may be going to Boston in the next few weeks. I'm supposed to punch you in the cock.

come down to NYC for a bit and drag him with you

MikeMan on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Yeah that's why I don't pick up fighting games anymore, I mean they just aren't my bag and playing online is not the same.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Stop it, both of you.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Ah.

It helps that they're actually decently written to boot.

I watched one of the shows for a little while. It wasn't half bad, actually. There was a kid who lost his memory and some cat and a floating girl.

I just generally dislike franchises like that because I hate the idea that i have to get a ton of different crap to understand everything.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Why was the AmPol thread locked and unlocked?

stilist on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Fighting games require other people. This is why I haven't played fighting games in quite some time. (My regular friends just won't play me any more)

Bama on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Fighting games reached their pinnacle somewhere around Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, I'm pretty burned out on fighting games in general, too.

I used to really love them.

Feral on

• Options
    edited August 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »

come down to NYC for a bit and drag him with you

I'm going to feel bad when I say to my friend that I'm going up there to visit him and hang out and drink lots of craft beer, but then I leave to meet people I know from the internet.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I didn't get SC4 yet (if I will at all, it will be after the price drops) but in SC3 the AI cheated horribly.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Stop it, both of you.
    Is there another topic of discussion you would find more palatable?

Bama on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I just generally dislike franchises like that because I hate the idea that i have to get a ton of different crap to understand everything.
    This is why we have the Web to recount everything in unbearable detail.

stilist on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Because I split off three pages of off-topic crap from it, and I didn't want anyone posting more off-topic crap while I was doing it.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Because I split off three pages of off-topic crap from it, and I didn't want anyone posting more off-topic crap while I was doing it.
    Ah, that makes perfect sense.

stilist on
This discussion has been closed.