As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kingdom Hearts: Bat-Sized Keys Make The Best Weapons [NSF56K?]

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    you would

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    HakuninHakunin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Keith wrote: »
    KH2 was so much better

I loved the little mermaid world
    just want to point out i agree wholeheartedly with this statement

Hakunin on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Cloudman wrote: »
    The Geek wrote: »
    Owenashi wrote: »
    kh2 was no good at all

Being able to fight alongside of Tron, voiced by Bruce Boxleitner himself disputes that claim greatly.
    As awesome as the Tron stage was, it did not make up for how shitty most of the other Disney worlds were.

The story was pretty awful as well although this is to be expected from what is basically a fanfic game.

Quit being so wrong.
    The Mulan world stunk, the Little Mermaid world stunk, the Halloween Town one stunk, and the Steamboat Willie/Classic Disney world was disappointing. Also the part at the beginning where you play as Blonde Sora was the worst possible introduction to the game.

I just liked the first game more is all.

Cloudman, you're pretty wrong about everything but the introduction phase of the game, which was extremely slow and stupid and boring.

I dunno about that. I liked the intro, mainly due to Roxas. You really felt for him by the time the focus shifted over to Sora.
    DiZ being a total dick to him helped with that mind you.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I liked the idea behind the revamped Little Mermaid world. Those are some classic songs, and it was a crying shame that there weren't any in the first game.

I did not enjoy the accompanying minigame.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    waggawaggawaggawagga Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I feel these games would have been really amazing if they made the combat better and
    made the story not gay as hell.

waggawagga on
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i really only like these games at all because of the joke i had about how sora ate the other sora at the end of the second games intro

Kovak on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I liked the idea behind the revamped Little Mermaid world. Those are some classic songs, and it was a crying shame that there weren't any in the first game.

I did not enjoy the accompanying minigame.

I kinda felt the same way at times. I wished they gave you an option to see the song-sequences without the interactive parts.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    kh2 was no good at all

Being able to fight alongside of Tron, voiced by Bruce Boxleitner himself disputes that claim greatly.
    As awesome as the Tron stage was, it did not make up for how shitty most of the other Disney worlds were.

The story was pretty awful as well although this is to be expected from what is basically a fanfic game.

Quit being so wrong.
    The Mulan world stunk, the Little Mermaid world stunk, the Halloween Town one stunk, and the Steamboat Willie/Classic Disney world was disappointing. Also the part at the beginning where you play as Blonde Sora was the worst possible introduction to the game.

Cloudman, you're pretty wrong about everything but the introduction phase of the game, which was extremely slow and stupid and boring.

I dunno about that. I liked the intro, mainly due to Roxas. You really felt for him by the time the focus shifted over to Sora.

Going into it, if you didn't have the game spoiled before playing it you had no clue who the fuck anyone was or what the Hell any of it had to do with the main story. and it was unreasonably long.

But if you didn't have the game spoiled before playing it you had no clue who the fuck anyone was or what the Hell any of it had to do with the main story.

All that aside, it was unreasonably long. I wouldn't have minded it so much if it didn't take over 2 hours.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2008
    outside of the really extended tutorial and the little mermaid world I think KH2 is my favorite ps2 game

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    kh2 was no good at all

Quit being so wrong.

But if you didn't have the game spoiled before playing it you had no clue who the fuck anyone was or what the Hell any of it had to do with the main story.

All that aside, it was unreasonably long. I wouldn't have minded it so much if it didn't take over 2 hours.
    Everything about the prologue was horrible. Tedious mandatory minigames? Check. No sign of the main characters from the previous game? Check. A bare minimum of combat? Check. Incredibly slow running speed? Check. Repeating the same boss fight multiple times? Check.

Also, DiZ is a stupid name, even if it stands for something else.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I hope KH3 has double the amount of showtunes

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The length of the tutorial wasn't even my only problem. Most of the characters were one shots that had too much screen time and took up useless cutscenes for crap not worth caring about. Far too much fluff for what was an equivalent of a dream sequence lead-in to the main story.

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited August 2008
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    Yes, definitely

I want a Hakuna Matata remix with metal guitars and a drum machine

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    Yes, definitely

I want a Hakuna Matata remix with metal guitars and a drum machine

I'll be fine musically as long as they bring back the Mickey Mouse Club theme for a third time.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    More Fantasia representation would be nice too. The Night on Bald Mountain fight was awesome.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    They need to slip Goliath into the next game, somehow.

Any kind of solid Gargoyles representation would be pretty awesome.

I'd give my left nut for a world set in Manhattan, with a Gargoyle equivalent of the trio and everything. It'd be wonderful.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I thought the combat in the 2nd one was much better which is probably why I liked it more

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2008
    outside of the really extended tutorial and the little mermaid world I think KH2 is my favorite ps2 game

4 hour long tutorial

so ridiculous

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I played Chain of Memories, even going as far as to buy it on launch day back when it was released.

It was okay, but I got so bored about 2/3 of the way through that I ended up selling it before I even finished it.

I've always wanted to play KHI & II. Here's hoping they get a Wii port somewhere down the road.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    KH2 is definitely my favorite PS2 game

maybe ever game

it's pretty lame they never bring the "complete" versions over the US though.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I played Chain of Memories, even going as far as to buy it on launch day back when it was released.

It was okay, but I got so bored about 2/3 of the way through that I ended up selling it before I even finished it.

I've always wanted to play KHI & II. Here's hoping they get a Wii port somewhere down the road.

One of the reasons I want them to bring the awesome version to the US is because of the completely redone chain of memories

I generally don't very much like handheld RPGs. Hurt my neck.

Javen on
  • Options
    fallaxdracofallaxdraco Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I beat KH1 and got just past the prologue in KH2, then lost my memory card

i kinda have wanted to go back and play KH2 for like the past year but I REALLY don't want to play through the prologue again

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Wait redone how? Does it still have the stupid card battle system

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I let someone borrow my Kingdom Hearts games and it upsets me that they haven't played them yet

don't even know what they're missing

Javen on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Javen wrote: »
    KH2 is definitely my favorite PS2 game

maybe ever game

it's pretty lame they never bring the "complete" versions over the US though.

The franchise in general is pretty awesome, but I gotta give that title to God of War 2. It was so great, up till the very end.

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited August 2008

like redone to have voice acting and KH2 graphics

Javen on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i really only liked these games for the gameplay, the story can suck a dick

Projeck on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I liked COM

I liked that girl there that could manipulate minds or something. Then when they redid some of it in 3D for the opening of the second game I was all like yeahhh boi

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I could probably stand to play the card system if it was done with an actual controller.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2008
    I want KH3 on PS3 or 360 but I wouldn't mind them porting KH2:Final Mix to the Wii

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I actually think this and Katamari are the only two reasons I'm tempted to go out and buy a PS2.

Goddammit. I don't need another videogame system I'm barely gonna play.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I've said it a zillion times

But I want a National Treasure style Pooh area in Kingdom Hearts 3.

Fuck Pooh, I want to hang with Nick Cage.

Just go on a ridiculous Treasure Hunt

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Oh well I guess thats better. Still though didn't really care for that card battle system they had for it

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I loved the pooh sections in both games

they manage to get me quite emotional

Javen on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2008
    the best part of FFXIII coming out on the 360 is that it means that KH3 might not be PS3 exclusive

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

One of the reasons I want them to bring the awesome version to the US is because of the completely redone chain of memories

I generally don't very much like handheld RPGs. Hurt my neck.

Yeah, the Final Mix version of KH2 sounds pretty cool. PS2 version of CoM, The ability to fight the O13 members who showed up in CoM, an extra Drive form, extra Keyblades, and more scenes.

Oh, on a related note, there's an Let's Play of KH: CoM over at the Let's Play Archive. Here's the link.

http://fromearth.net/LetsPlay/KingdomHearts_Chain/

Owenashi on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    the best part was when ever you were like fighting off an army of those little demon dudes

Projeck on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I've never really felt that Square games were for me.

Outside of Tactics, I can't think of anything off the top of my head that I cared for.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    People complaining about the intro to KHII are so wrong. Roxas was pretty much the only interesting character in the game, and once it shifted back to Sora the story devolved into mindless fanfic dribble.

I still adore the game to death though.

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Projeck wrote: »
    the best part was when ever you were like fighting off an army of those little demon dudes

Yes the giant battle and you had to kill like 1000 of them. So fucking epic

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif