As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Geometry Wars] 2D shape VS. 2D shapes is now 2D shape VS. 3D shapes!

2»

• Options
    MatatatMatatat Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Add me I need more scores to beat also

Matatat on
  • Options
    doublehawk00doublehawk00 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i got to the top of my friends list with over 8 million in deadline.

then i found out the #1 score is 63 million what the fuck

doublehawk00 on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i got to the top of my friends list with over 8 million in deadline.

then i found out the #1 score is 63 million what the fuck

Jesus what

I think my highest is, like... 1.5 million? Maybe not even that much.

I'm slowly getting better at the game, though. King is pretty fun, and I've learned the trick is to kill as many of those fucking snake things as you can before your bubble vanishes.

But man, fuck Waves. I cannot concievably get both damn achievements. I always end up collecting some geoms unintentionally.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    the trick to not picking up any geoms is to stay well out of the way of the waves when you shoot them, and kill all the enemies in the wave in one stroke

doublehawk00 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yeah I know, I always end up accidentally flying towards 'em and picking up a couple, though.

It's a good thing I'm not completely obsessed with getting achievements, otherwise that'd drive me bonkers.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    over the last few days i've been in a bad way because of geometry wars

all trying over and over and over to get achievements

doublehawk00 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I play at least an hour every night. Slooowly getting better.

I actually did really well in Evolved (for me, at least), better than I normally do for sure. I wanna get the hang of pacifism, though. Somehow I always end up flying my ship straight into one of the shapes.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    MatatatMatatat Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I did the no Geoms one pretty easily, the dodging 8 waves one was horrible though

Matatat on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    18,783,085 in deadline
    47,184,695 in sequence
    66,884,110 in evolved

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    18,783,085 in deadline
    47,184,695 in sequence
    66,884,110 in evolved
    what the fuck fuck you

doublehawk00 on
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Man, does anybody else jump in their seat when they die in this game? Especially on King where you only have the one life.

Ten on
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I am so bad at geometry wars. I can survive up too 100,000 points I think it is. Then the game just becomes impossible. I refuse to believe that there is any way to pass that.

you know you can move and shoot at the same time right

yeah but I'm just terrible at it.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ten0101 wrote: »
    Man, does anybody else jump in their seat when they die in this game? Especially on King where you only have the one life.

I always go 'arrgh' and steadily increase in volume the closer I get to losing in Evolved

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Moriveth wrote: »

I always go 'arrgh' and steadily increase in volume the closer I get to losing in Evolved

In Evolved I tend to get 90% of my points with my first life, and then screw up continuously after the first time I die. I guess dying just makes me lose focus or something, it's extremely frustrating.

Also, it is such an awesome feeling when you get a good run on Pacifism, near misses are exhilarating once you've been going for a while

Ten on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

In Evolved I tend to get 90% of my points with my first life, and then screw up continuously after the first time I die. I guess dying just makes me lose focus or something, it's extremely frustrating.

Also, it is such an awesome feeling when you get a good run on Pacifism, near misses are exhilarating once you've been going for a while

I am so terrible at Pacifism. I keep dying in stupid ways, like running into the edge of a gate or somehow doing a 180 turn into a shape

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I am so terrible at Pacifism. I keep dying in stupid ways, like running into the edge of a gate or somehow doing a 180 turn into a shape

Yeh, I only get a half decent score every 4 or 5 games, most of them I screw up in the first 30 seconds by doing something stupid

Ten on