As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WHO YOU GONNA CALL?!

DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Social Entropy++
TIME LIFE, THAT'S WHO!

"I thought this thread was about The Ghostbusters why are you talking about Time Life?"

BECAUSE THEY ARE RELEASING THE WHOLE SHOW ON DVD!

rgbgf3.jpg

Yes, they are releasing The Real Ghostbusters: The Complete Collection in November! No packaging pictures yet, but trust me I will post them when they show up!

Look at these details!
Available for the first time on DVD! Get all 147 episodes of The Real Ghostbusters plus over TWELVE HOURS of bonus features. So much footage, we needed 25 DVDs! A must have for any Ghostbuster fan.

Included are:
- All Episodes of The Real Ghostbusters
- All episodes from Slimer! And The Real Ghostbusters
- Unique Collector's Box with exclusive art

Also included are over TWELVE HOURS of bonus features, including:

- The original promotional pilot for The Real Ghostbusters, NEVER BEFORE AIRED
- 21 on-camera commentary tracks with producers, voice actors, writers, animators and production personnel
- 5 exclusive documentaries
- 86 episode introductions
- 16-page booklets include episode synopses, trivia and art for every episode!
- Plus scripts, storyboards, image galleries, music & effects audio tracks, and much more!
- Interviews with J. Michael Straczynski (Writer & Story Editor), Maurice LaMarche (Voice of "Egon Spengler"), Laura Summer (Voice of First "Janine Melnitz"), Kath Soucie (Voice of Second "Janine Melnitz") and many others!

This shit is not going to be sold in stores folks. And you should pre-order it ASAP. Why?
Pre-order your copy by Sept. 1 and get 10 percent off! Enter code TLGHOST at checkout.

That's why!

I don't fucking care what videos games are coming out any more, I am saving all my money for this! Yessssssssss!

DarkPrimus on

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    holy balls

TheySlashThem on
  • Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This is one of those series I think nostalgia's padding keeps in a fond light. To see it again would probably ruin it, like it did those Super Mario Bros. cartoons. To pay nigh $200 to have my memories ruined would be even worse.

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Jesus-- that's really a high mark up if you ask me. I guess people will still buy it in huge numbers though.

Lucky Cynic on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Dely Apple wrote: »
    This is one of those series I think nostalgia's padding keeps in a fond light. To see it again would probably ruin it, like it did those Super Mario Bros. cartoons. To pay nigh $200 to have my memories ruined would be even worse.

I've watched a few episodes on YouTube and there's a couple episodes on the Ghostbusters I & II DVD re-release.

"Slimer & The Real Ghostbusters" was pretty bad, but the early seasons are definitely still awesome.

THEY FOUGHT CTHULHU!

DarkPrimus on
  • seizureorbsseizureorbs Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I didn't think this thread was about ghostbusters

I thought it was about o'brian auto dealers

seizureorbs on
    eyes.gif
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    yeah that sounds like a steep price

but that is a shit-ton of stuff

TheySlashThem on
  • NadsNads Bob Ducca Asleep in a cul-de-sac.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Actually, $179 is normal for 7 seasons of a show. Hell, it's cheap actually. Not gonna buy it though.

Nads on
    3c5d24e9-b7f2-44ba-bbf2-3b4658af70bd.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Jesus-- that's really a high mark up if you ask me. I guess people will still buy it in huge numbers though.

147 episodes for $180 dollars is actually really cheap for a television show, especially an animated show

Centipede Damascus on
    edited August 2008

147 episodes for $180 dollars is actually really cheap for a television show, especially an animated show

And if you use the 10% off code then it ends up being like $160.

Which is like, $1.14 an episode. Which is a fantastic price/episode ratio.

DarkPrimus on
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Still, it's a very big investment I think. It may be of value, but I am not sure of many people who would pay that much for it. Most of my friends get their hands on $100 and then hold onto till they save up some more for something big.

I guess they simply aren't part of the Otaku.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I've watched a few episodes on YouTube and there's a couple episodes on the Ghostbusters I & II DVD re-release.

"Slimer & The Real Ghostbusters" was pretty bad, but the early seasons are definitely still awesome.

THEY FOUGHT CTHULHU!
    Holy shit, they did a Sam Raimi window break!

Penguin Incarnate on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    WHO YOU GONNA CALL?

HE-MAN! HE-MAN! HE-MAN!

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• TrellTrell __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Trell on
    ori's modding is stupid and arbitrary and based on no actual rule system but rather wind patterns and astrology.
    edited August 2008
    Goatmon wrote: »
    WHO YOU GONNA CALL?

HE-MAN! HE-MAN! HE-MAN!

Kid, you're all right.

DarkPrimus on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    HOLY SHIT

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    What was Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters even supposed to be?

I remember as a kid I'd want to watch Ghostbusters but then it was Slimer! and the Ghostbusters and I was all "fuck, this sucks" and switched the tv off.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    What about that other ghostbusters cartoon

all modernized and shit

that suuucked

Moriveth on
    edited August 2008
    Moriveth wrote: »
    What about that other ghostbusters cartoon

all modernized and shit

that suuucked

Extreme Ghostbusters
    ghost_art.gif

they basically had everything. Latino, Goth,black dude, wheelchair dude, old egon, old janine, slimer.

When I watched it, I knew that no matter who I was or how I looked, I could be a Ghostbuster.
    (note: this did not actually happen )

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited August 2008
    It was an awesome Ghostbusters cartoon god Klyka you are retarded

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited August 2008
    the hell,why am I retarded??

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited August 2008
    Klyka wrote: »

I remember as a kid I'd want to watch Ghostbusters but then it was Slimer! and the Ghostbusters and I was all "fuck, this sucks" and switched the tv off.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited August 2008
    Fandyien wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »

I just remember that "The Real Ghostbusters" was fucking awesome and I wanted to watch it all the time and that "Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters" seemed totally wrong and like a bizarro show which was aimed at smaller children or something.

Am I remembering wrong?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • DefenestratorDefenestrator Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

It is the same way with the old Ninja Turtles cartoon. I bought a couple of DVDs at Target and they just weren't as good as I remember.

Defenestrator on
  • Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

THEY FOUGHT CTHULHU!

Why does Venkman sound like Garfield?

Fire Truck on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Lorenzo Music > Dave Coulier

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Goddammit I finished the third season of How I Met Your Mother and it ends on such a cliffhanger

Moriveth on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2008
    consume_obal.jpg

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited August 2008
    Also I'd be tempted to get this if I was a big Ghostbusters fan

I mean they're cool and all but I'm not sure if it'd be worth dropping nearly $200 on something like that.

Moriveth on
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, that's pretty steep.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited August 2008
    I have been wanting the X-Files boxed set for a while.

But that's, like, ten seasons. And seven good ones!

Moriveth on
    edited August 2008
    I bought this with a coupon from Costco a while ago:

19898084.jpg

Totally worth the $120 it ended up costing.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited August 2008
    Slick.

I still really want the Criterion version of Brazil. That's something like $50, but it's also fucking awesome.

Moriveth on
    edited August 2008
    54 goddamned disks of Stargate. It's friggin awesome.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Slick.

I still really want the Criterion version of Brazil. That's something like $50, but it's also fucking awesome.

I have this, and it is incredible.

Also this was by far my favorite cartoon as a kid fuccccck so tempted

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2008
    Jesus shit, 54? That is a pretty damn good deal for $120.

The only 'complete series' collection I have is Deadwood, and that lacks the special features, not that I'd watch hem.

Moriveth on
    edited August 2008
    Jesus shit, 54? That is a pretty damn good deal for $120.

The only 'complete series' collection I have is Deadwood, and that lacks the special features, not that I'd watch hem.

It's got (I think) about 4-5 more disks that the individual boxes didn't have that are just full of special features.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited August 2008
    Oh yeah I also have the LOTR special edition boxed set.

And the first four seasons of Newsradio. Fuck the fifth season, there's no Phil Hartman.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the complete Futurama in a nifty box!

Moriveth on
    edited August 2008
    I saw somewhere the other day that they're making a big fancy Batman:TAS box set.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited August 2008
    Oh god I would like that

I'd put it on the wedding registry but I am not that tacky, much as I may joke about it

Moriveth on
    edited August 2008
    Shit yeah, here it is:

8035_s.jpg

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB