As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You got DS all over my PSP

2»

• Options
    SunshineGrrrlSunshineGrrrl Seattle - EastsideRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It's weird. Somehow, email gives you access to some of the better weapons and such in the game.

SunshineGrrrl on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    apotheos wrote: »

There is Worms on DS?

Holy shit.
    Hell yeah there is. My friend and I spent some time last night creating and testing new rulesets too. We have a Ninja ruleset that basically requires close quarters fighting and excessive use of the ninja rope.

Moe has convinced me that this iteration of Worms is, indeed, Tha Shizzle (tm), and I plan on playing it whenever possible.

I'll also have Mario Kart, Puzzle Quest (I've yet to play this multi), and EBA off the top of my head.

Houn on
  • Options
    snaxsnax Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hey did anyone else here import a copy of the Korg DS-10 for the Nintendo DS? If so, you all wanna meet up for a wireless jam? I haven't used it in multi-play mode yet and I think PAX would be the perfect place to try it out since last year I saw a ton of people with DS's. I can bring a portable mixer, small speakers, and cords perhaps. I just want to make certain there's enough interest and people that own the DS-10.

Please post a reply if you have a DS-10 and would be interested in doing a jam at PAX.

For those of you who don't own a DS-10 or won't own one by PAX, please do not clutter up the thread with responses. While your enthusiasm is appreciated, perhaps it would be best to subscribe to the thread. When we figure out when and where to hold the jam(s), I'm certain that info will go here and you can join in on the fun there at PAX.

snax

snax on
  • Options
    Solid_SteveSolid_Steve Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I doubt that this will 'clutter the thread', seeing as your post's new home is just about portable games- but I'd like to know where you can get a copy of this. I saw it on LewiP's blog a while back, and I was greatly excited. I haven't found anywhere to import it where it's not $9000 dollars.

Anyway, I'd totally be up for some multiplayer synth action. Does it support download play, perhaps? I can't imagine it would.

Solid_Steve on
    Along the shore the cloud waves break,
    The twin suns sink beneath the lake,
    The shadows lengthen
    In Carcosa.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Well that was a totally lame post move considering I was trying to organize a specific meetup. Thanx moderators :P

I got mine at www.yesasia.com, but www.play-asia.com and www.ncsx.com sells it also. If you live in the Seattle area or you want to buy one when you arrive in Seattle, Pink Godzilla Games has some copies in. If you want to get one from Pink Godzilla, I suggest you call them up and reserve one. Do it early (ie now) in case they need to order more. It would probably be good to also ask the guys at Pink Godzilla if they're going to have a presence at PAX this year.

Pink Godzilla
    601 S. King St. #101C
    Seattle, WA 98104
    tel/fax: 206-264-2434
    12pm-9pm Monday-Saturday, 12pm-7pm Sunday
    http://www.pinkgodzillagames.com/pg_bam/seattle.php

snax on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    Last I heard, Pink Godzilla will be there. I could be wrong though.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2008
    Pink Godzilla will be at PAX. To suck my money away on plushies, I'm sure.

Houn on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    I must be the only PAX goer who doesn't find anything to buy at Pink Godzilla

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    edited August 2008

You're not the only one at all. Roughly 23% of all PAX goers have no soul.

;-)

Houn on
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

i bought Ouendan 2 there last year...wait, was pink godzilla the one that was in the corner to the left of the entrance last year with all the import games, etc, or the one closer to the other side of the hall with all the stuffed animals and keychains and whatnot?

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »

Man that line at '06 was epic! Even the line to get into the RedvsBlue panel was just as long. 90+ degree temps made it even better!

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    AliasunknownAliasunknown Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    holy crap......

Aliasunknown on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Here's the word from Pink Godzilla:

>> We will be at Pax this year and we will have Korg for $65. Hope you have plenty of people to play with there! <<

Yeah, $65 would probably make the Korg DS-10 the most expensive DS game you've ever bought. I personally thought it was worth the price but I know not everyone is financially comfortable with it. Anyways, I'll still prepare for a jam and if there's a specific room for portable gaming I'll get set up in there.

snax on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hmm, I may be into this.

Aliasunknown on
  • Options
    The_SavesThe_Saves Magistrate of Crazy Town KirklandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »

OMG! My boss is in that line at 3:28. He's just hanging out, all by himself...

The_Saves on
    Ummm...
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ds was really the highlight of '06. Was probably my least-memorable PAX of the 4 of them.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    What a line! I just have to be grateful I won't be doing that this year thanks to me being...oops...best shut up now. Anyway bringing the thread back on track I've taken a pic of the DS games I'm bringing to PAX. Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated:
    DS_Games.jpg

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    kropotkin wrote: »
    What a line! I just have to be grateful I won't be doing that this year thanks to me being...oops...best shut up now. Anyway bringing the thread back on track I've taken a pic of the DS games I'm bringing to PAX. Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated:
    DS_Games.jpg

I see you are missing a number of essentials! Where is Tetris, Mario Kart, Meteos, Worms 2, Puzzle Quest?

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Snickers wrote: »
    DS_Games.jpg

I see you are missing a number of essentials! Where is Tetris, Mario Kart, Meteos, Worms 2, Puzzle Quest?

Mariokart is there as is Puzzle Quest. I am missing Bomberman and Tetris though which I'm considering taking along.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    paviecapavieca Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    too bad that new gauntlet game wont be out till after pax, seems like a good choice for multi.

pavieca on
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    DS_Games.jpg

LOL, do you really not see Mario Kart and Puzzle Quest in that picture?

Also... WHERE IS PUYO POP!? (kidding)

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    DS_Games.jpg

LOL, do you really not see Mario Kart and Puzzle Quest in that picture?

Also... WHERE IS PUYO POP!? (kidding)

Heh, my Puzzle Quest cart is black, so I didn't notice it :P And with the Mario Cart.... Yeah, I have no excuse there XD

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    So after having the DS for about a week now, I have to say I'm VERY impressed. No wonder it kicked the PSP's ass for so long.

The first game I played was FFIII, because there was no way I was walking out of Gamestop with a shiny (blackl) new (used) DS and no game to play. I have to say, from FFIII I wasn't too impressed. Sure, its a flawless game in itself, but I've seen much better graphics on the PSP and the touch screen interface wasn't used to its fullest; in fact the game leaves it as an option to use the touch screen or buttons. Fast forward 5 days and I'm playing Metroid Prime Hunters. WOW! WOW WOW WOW WOW! The DS was MADE for FPS. Its even easier than using 2 thumbsticks. I am thoroughly pleased with the control scheme, and IMO its just as good as a mouse. I've also been playing TWEWY, and it is pretty dang inpresive also. The touch screen brings a whole new level of interaction to gaming. I LOVE it.

The only complaint I have about the DS, and the only thing the PSP does better, is a web browser. $35 for a web browser? Come on, just throw it in there. Other than that, my affinity for the DS has left my PSP in its protective sleeve for now, but still in my backpack. Its made me actually look forward to my daily 2 hour (one way) commute on public transportation, and its flawless control interface is slowly chipping away at the pedestal I put the PSP on. This could be a turning of the tides here......

Aliasunknown on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So after having the DS for about a week now, I have to say I'm VERY impressed. No wonder it kicked the PSP's ass for so long.

The first game I played was FFIII, because there was no way I was walking out of Gamestop with a shiny (blackl) new (used) DS and no game to play. I have to say, from FFIII I wasn't too impressed. Sure, its a flawless game in itself, but I've seen much better graphics on the PSP and the touch screen interface wasn't used to its fullest; in fact the game leaves it as an option to use the touch screen or buttons. Fast forward 5 days and I'm playing Metroid Prime Hunters. WOW! WOW WOW WOW WOW! The DS was MADE for FPS. Its even easier than using 2 thumbsticks. I am thoroughly pleased with the control scheme, and IMO its just as good as a mouse. I've also been playing TWEWY, and it is pretty dang inpresive also. The touch screen brings a whole new level of interaction to gaming. I LOVE it.

The only complaint I have about the DS, and the only thing the PSP does better, is a web browser. $35 for a web browser? Come on, just throw it in there. Other than that, my affinity for the DS has left my PSP in its protective sleeve for now, but still in my backpack. Its made me actually look forward to my daily 2 hour (one way) commute on public transportation, and its flawless control interface is slowly chipping away at the pedestal I put the PSP on. This could be a turning of the tides here......

Glad you like the DS, I've had one since a couple months after it launched, had a PSP for a couple years as well. Also, don't expect much from graphics. When I try to explain it to people, I usually mention that it almost looks like an enhanced N64. And the DS was never meant to be a media platform either like the PSP was. Of course, there is "homebrew" mods and apps out there that make it possible for the DS, but that's another story. Anyway...

Just got Worms OW2, TWEWY, & Pokemon Pearl. I gotta say, TWEWY is awesome, really unique. And with Pearl, I'm gonna try to get as far as I can in the next week and a half so I can battle it out with you guys. :P (we should all do 4 player double battles!)

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    4 player beauty contest? :3

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    So after having the DS for about a week now, I have to say I'm VERY impressed. No wonder it kicked theAnd with Pearl, I'm gonna try to get as far as I can in the next week and a half so I can battle it out with you guys.

WTT for scyther :'<

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
This discussion has been closed.