As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

early registration is open!

• Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    MR.T wrote: »
    Plus she makes up for it by being a good sport about other things. *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* Say no more! :winky:

Sweet, she's a good sport about Monty Python!

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    MR.TMR.T Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    HotSake: I'm glad I'm not the only one here who knew that reference! :lol:

MR.T on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Khoo called me last night and told me that East coast PAX will occur in Hoboken New Jersey.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    PARTY AT RANDOMGUY'S HOUSE!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    horseman85horseman85 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Interview with Khoo from Big Download . . . States that PAX East Coast will probably be in the spring.

http://news.bigdownload.com/2008/08/08/big-download-interview-robert-khoo-on-penny-arcade-expo-2008/

horseman85 on
    PSN ID: dropofh2o
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    East Coast? Have it in New Haven, CT. Conveniently located near Boston, Providence, Hartford and NYC. Tons of colleges plus I'd live 15 minutes away!

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I doubt New Haven is on Khoo's short list of 2 or 3 cities.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    SmidgetSmidget Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'd like to see it at New York, Atlanta, Charlotte, or DC. Thats literally east "coast". Just generally east could lead to Chicago, Boston, Nashville, and some others. Even though ATL, DC, and CLT (where I live) are closest to me I've never been to NY so that'd be cool and a road trip I could do without having to take DAYS of work off just for travel time.

Smidget on
    I read arrows
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Smidget wrote: »
    I'd like to see it at New York, Atlanta, Charlotte, or DC. Thats literally east "coast". Just generally east could lead to Chicago, Boston, Nashville, and some others. Even though ATL, DC, and CLT (where I live) are closest to me I've never been to NY so that'd be cool and a road trip I could do without having to take DAYS of work off just for travel time.

Uhm....Boston is literally "east coast". As in...it is on the waters of the East Coast.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    NefariousJoeNefariousJoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    super... wrote: »
    BIG QUESTION!
    Will east cost pax still be staffed by the lovely and helpful PAX enforcers?

Yes. We're not going anywhere.

Can't wait until I get to do my favorite thing every year TWICE. It'll be a party and a half.

NefariousJoe on
  • Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    jonxp wrote: »

Uhm....Boston is literally "east coast". As in...it is on the waters of the East Coast.

Yup. In fact, you could say it's more coastal than any other. It's built on top of what used to be water. Land from the seven hills of Somervile (my home town) was used to fill in the marshes, bays and inlets so that Boston could be built (expanded) on top of it.

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    SmidgetSmidget Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

yeeeah, not sure what I was picturing in my head/thinking when I posted this.

... /no excuse :|

Smidget on
    I read arrows
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

yeeeah, not sure what I was picturing in my head/thinking when I posted this.

... /no excuse :|

Blame booze.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    FallenEverdarkFallenEverdark Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    super... wrote: »
    BIG QUESTION!
    Will east cost pax still be staffed by the lovely and helpful PAX enforcers?

Yes. We're not going anywhere.

Can't wait until I get to do my favorite thing every year TWICE. It'll be a party and a half.

Gah, oh lord.
    I love PAX, but half the reason I'm moving to Seattle is so I don't have to TRAVEL for PAX anymore. I will likely go to PAX-EC every couple years to Enforce, but this trip to Seattle every year from Ohio really drains our wallets and we wanted to save ourselves some money.

That said, I do like to see a ton of west coast/Seattle local Enforcers willing to travel for PAX. They will soon know my pain, LOL.

FallenEverdark on
    99385a13f2cb9_48x48.gif
  • Options
    RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm all for it. Hopefully in NYC or Boston although if you really want to make me happy have it in Providence, RI. ;-)

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • Options
    SkinnaySkinnay Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    could PAX even fit in the state of Rhode Island?

Skinnay on
    I'm Awesome!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    If you used all of it.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    SkinnaySkinnay Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    but where would we park and sleep? all the hotels and parking would have to be in the surrounding states!

Skinnay on
    I'm Awesome!!!
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    If you used all of it.

Wouldn't that be awesome though? Taking over an entire state?

parabola on
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    parabola wrote: »
    If you used all of it.

Wouldn't that be awesome though? Taking over an entire state?

That's already being done.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    That will never work.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2008
    New Hampshire sounds pretty awesome.

parabola on
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    I don't even know what to say to that.

Monoxide on
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    New Hampshire sounds pretty awesome.

If my wife's career weren't so inextricably attached to this area, I would totally live there for a while (I actually signed on to the FSP years ago thinking I would do that, but then things changed with the marriage and offspring etc.).

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If I may say, as a New Hampshirite at heart (and soon to be returning there), New Hampshire is extremely awesome. =) I encourage you all to move there... if for no other reason than because we can hang out if you come over. Plus we can all go to Pumpkinfest, in the most beautiful city in the most beautiful, free-thinking state in the Union.

[/soapbox]

=)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Live free or die is really the official motto of New Hampshire? That's so completely bad ass.

parabola on
  • Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Live free or die is really the official motto of New Hampshire? That's so completely bad ass.

Yup, since 1945. I'm from Massachusetts (originally), but New England is so tiny it all feels like home. I loved the time I spent growing up in MA, NH, ME and VT. (I spent less time in CT and RI.)

I was very sad the day (night, actually) the Old Man of the Mountain crumbled away...

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Aye... I still have my license plate (with said motto) from when I used to live there, and I'm proud to get another one when I stroll back into town. =)

The interesting thing about New Hampshire is that most people there are truly motivated politically by the concept of Freedom... which brings a lot of third parties into the fold where they normally wouldn't be. (EDIT: Sadly, this also gave the electoral votes in 2000 to a certain unpopular president as a result of a high amount of 3rd party participation... but that was an unpleasant side effect of an otherwise good sense of political variety. But I digress. =) )

It's really nice to live in a state where there's more than the standard two party system... and there's actually not one but multiple parties interested in the preservation of Freedom, and you can pick and choose based on the details of what freedom means to you and where the boundary lies between the interest of freedom and other opposing interests.

EDIT: Aye DJBreslin, I moved away shortly before the Old Man fell. That was definitely sad to hear. =( In all my years living in NH, I had only gone up to see it once. It was pretty uncanny.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    DJBreslin wrote: »

Yup, since 1945. I'm from Massachusetts (originally), but New England is so tiny it all feels like home. I loved the time I spent growing up in MA, NH, ME and VT. (I spent less time in CT and RI.)

I was very sad the day (night, actually) the Old Man of the Mountain crumbled away...

Wait, he's gone? Well shit, there goes my day.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Dude, that happened years ago. The Simpsons even did an episode about it.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hey, I stopped paying attention to the news and the Simpsons after I graduated high school.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I just listened to the Evil Avatar Radio Episode 120 in which Robert Khoo said that PAX 2008 would be a great
    time and place to announce the location of East Coast PAX.

Did anyone mention that in this thread? I didn't see it.

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    I just listened to the Evil Avatar Radio Episode 120 in which Robert Khoo said that PAX 2008 would be a great
    time and place to announce the location of East Coast PAX.

Did anyone mention that in this thread? I didn't see it.

Anyone get this info? Inquiring minds and all that.

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    We know that East Coast PAX will be in Boston in the Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center on a
    weekend in March 2010.

The particular weekend has yet to be determined.

I would like to add that I will be driving from Baltimore to Boston and that I hope to be a part of the East
    Coast PAX Super Trip which I would like to call the Criss-Cross Cross Country Super Trip (CCCCST).

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    If PAX east coast is in March, there will be no reverse CCST. It's too dangerous to traverse mountains and such in the dead of winter. Sorry to disappoint. I won't risk a venture like this unless it was in May or later.

edit: have they even announced march, because I've heard rumors of march, but haven't seen anything concrete yet

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited September 2008
    If PAX east coast is in March, there will be no reverse CCST. It's too dangerous to traverse mountains and such in the dead of winter. Sorry to disappoint. I won't risk a venture like this unless it was in May or later.

edit: have they even announced march, because I've heard rumors of march, but haven't seen anything concrete yet

March was mentioned in an interview. Give me a moment si vous plait.

Found it!
    Joystiq wrote:
    Well, that was fast. After revealing that the East Coast iteration of Penny Arcade Expo is heading to Boston in 2010, we now have more specific details care of BigDownload and PA director of sales Mike Fehlauer. In an interview with BigD, Fehlauer confirmed that the window is "late March 2010" and will be at John B Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center, a venue with 193,000 square feet of exhibit space, roughly the same amount as this year's PAX. However, Fehlauer noted that the first PAX EC will not be planned as a huge vent first, with growth planned every year.

Penny Arcade will handle exhibitor booking, event planning and other content, while the grunt work (labor unions, hotels, etc.) will be done by Reed Exhibitions (New York Comic-Con). When asked if there are any potential conflicts with the Game Developers Conference, Fehlauer explained that they feel the audiences are disparate (industry vs. consumer) and both events are very different.

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    I would like to add that I will be driving from Baltimore to Boston and that I hope to be a part of the East
    Coast PAX Super Trip which I would like to call the Criss-Cross Cross Country Super Trip (CCCCST).

Personally, I like the idea of calling it the Bizzarro Supertrip.:P

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It's too dangerous to traverse mountains and such in the dead of winter. Sorry to disappoint. I won't risk a venture like this unless it was in May or later.

You don't have to worry about snowy mountain weather. There will be so many laptops and routers in your
    cars that the temperature in the area 1 mile from the cars raises by 35 degrees. By the time you reach the
    mountains, you will have melted the snow.

Problem solved.

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    That, uh, won't actually work. Seriously, as much as I want to do this, March is not the month to be traversing the rocky mountains. Plus, I think Khoo would kill me if a carload of veteran enforcers didn't make it due to a tragic auto accident.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Is there a train that goes across the country? I know Amtrak has a big network of trains... if so, maybe we could arrange for a Cross-Country Train Trip?

Ooh, or what about this Moe? I know it'd take longer... but if you avoided the rockies by taking a southern route, it might be safer. Like through Arizona, Texas etc...

Granted, for people up in Seattle that would take at least an extra 2 days... but it would be safer, and would still allow for a CCST...?

VThornheart on
This discussion has been closed.