As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax07 Photosynths

DarkphibreDarkphibre Photographer / Programmer / Data Scientist / GamerRegistered User regular
edited August 2008 in PAX Archive
Knowing that Photosynth was coming (I thought it'd arrive much sooner), I took a ton of photos at the various booths last year with Photosynth in mind. I've been sitting on these photos for this last year, waiting...

for yesterday! As soon as it was announced, I was uploading my images. And here they are! Relive last year while getting psyched up for next week. :)

Some of them didn't turn out quite like I'd hoped (the HaloClix Scarab, for instance, has some wonky navigation).
But the Paizo and Pink Godzilla Booths came out especially well. Just zoom into the Pink Godzilla display case to your left, and you'll be able to make out the fine print. 8-)

The servers seem to be under a bit of strain, so if a page doesn't load, you may need to hit refresh.

Hope you enjoy! And, if you want your photos in this year's synths, let me know in this thread when you post your picture locations.

Gamertag: Darkphibre, or Me for Halo! darkphibre.com, flickr

Dark Fibre: Fiberoptic cable placed in anticipation of future demand

7z9qpxgpj3ha.png
Darkphibre on

• Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    aww man!! That is awesome! I was drooling all over Photosynth yesterday, imagining the PAX potential. I'll check these out when I get home.

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    good lord how many pictures did you take [on average] for each booth?

that is awesome by the way, we definitely need to capitalize on it this year! :twisted:

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    DarkphibreDarkphibre Photographer / Programmer / Data Scientist / Gamer Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    good lord how many pictures did you take [on average] for each booth?
    that is awesome by the way, we definitely need to capitalize on it this year! :twisted:

Looks like I took around 50 per booth. And yes... I'm hoping lots of people give me authorization to include their photos in my synthing attempts. As I told Mr. Khoo and the guys:
    "Imagine community-contributed photosynths of this event. The mind boggles at the variety and potential depth of a large synth from multiple perspectives... or of the sheer chaos when hundreds of images are pulled together without enough information to join them in symphony.

It will be an interesting experiment."

Darkphibre on
    Gamertag: Darkphibre, or Me for Halo! darkphibre.com, flickr

Dark Fibre: Fiberoptic cable placed in anticipation of future demand

7z9qpxgpj3ha.png
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I like the cut of your jib. Plus, why would I turn down any reason to take lots of photos?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i'll send you any photos i take

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    likewise. I will keep this in mind while on the show floor, and i'll see what I can do

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
This discussion has been closed.