As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Upcoming Games Thread

• RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    LaOs wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »

Scheduling guidelines: We try to alternate Phalla games and Non-Phalla games, to keep people from being bored. There's a two-week break after each game. Mini-games (10 to 15 players max) can run during that break. Concurrent games are not allowed except in exceptional cases approved by Elki, which usually involve non-disruptive and very long games with few active players.

:?:

First you catch me on 22th, now this... are you out to contradict me today LaOs?

Hum, I guess we do have a rule on mini games. I wonder where I got those numbers from...

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

Scheduling guidelines: We try to alternate Phalla games and Non-Phalla games, to keep people from being bored. There's a two-week break after each game. Mini-games (10 to 15 players max) can run during that break. Concurrent games are not allowed except in exceptional cases approved by Elki, which usually involve non-disruptive and very long games with few active players.

:?:

First you catch me on 22th, now this... are you out to contradict me today LaOs?

Hum, I guess we do have a rule on mini games. I wonder where I got those numbers from...

Well, Irene's first one might have been 10, but I know one of the two was 15, and then Elki may have just say "yup, that's a good number" and set them then and there. Or, you just assumed. I'm not really sure.

LaOs on
    edited July 2008
    I really enjoyed the 22th, for what it's worth. :D

LaOs on
    edited July 2008
    Well I just checked the thread history, and the 15-player cap really is just from precedent, from the fact that Irene's original mini-phalla was 15-player large. The only real rule is that it shouldn't "violate the spirit of the mandatory gap between games", and of course that it should be no more than a week long.

I don't have any experience with CF games. How long does a 25-player mini last there, and how much of an impact does it have on forum traffic and activities?

That said, I've got to say that a 25-player game might be too much to be a mini. We're supposed to have a two-week break between games, and minis are supposed to be a little something to pass the time. They're not supposed to draw as much attention and traffic as a real game. I don't think a 25-player game would fit this pattern. Plus, as I said, it should be no more than a week long. Irene's game was perfect, lasting only 5 days, and that was with 15 players. A 25-player game would most likely last longer than a week (depending of course how it's setup - but it would have to be a bloodbath to be done in under a week).

stormwind: Can you shrink your game to 15 players?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Most of the CF minis usually end in five-six days. The ones with extra names usually involve extra mechanics for more deaths and/or a quick end.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited July 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Most of the CF minis usually end in five-six days. The ones with extra names usually involve extra mechanics for more deaths and/or a quick end.

There's two sort of "guides" for Minis in CF, and it's either Game Duration or Playerbase.

The healthy and most conventional mix right now seems to be no more than 25 and no more than six days. So, if you've got a higher playerbase, the kills also come faster and more often, to meet the commonly accepted deadline.

LaOs on
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'd like to go on the list to run "House Phalla" about everyone's favorite doctor.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Your role is...

...Lupus!

Once during the game, you can reveal your role publically, and the GM will confirm it. Everybody will know you're not the disease that's killing the patient.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That is harsh, dude.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited July 2008
    Your role is...

...Lupus!

Once during the game, you can reveal your role publically, and the GM will confirm it. Everybody will know you're not the disease that's killing the patient.

Except, it's all a trick, since Lupus was once the disease.

Ha!

LaOs on
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Your role is...

...Lupus!

Ha!

Except that happened after season 2, so it's not canon in my life. Seasons 3 and 4 were bad dreams.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Red Bird wrote: »
    Your role is...

...Lupus!

Ha!

Except that happened after season 2, so it's not canon in my life. Seasons 3 and 4 were bad dreams.

Oh. Well then...

LaOs on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Due to some re-inspiration, my theme'll tentatively be (Sid Meier's) Alpha Centauri.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • narvinyenarvinye Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Is there an upcoming game? Last one ended July 8th...

Just wondering...

narvinye on
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Uh...yes, that's a good point. Savant?

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh, this sort of fell off the map. Does this interact at all with the model UN stuff?

Anyways, I'm not going to be able to do Dwarf Fortress, but I have the rules for another game ready. Who should I send them to to check over again?

Savant on
    edited August 2008
    The MUN is ongoing. You do yours simultaneously.

tuxkamen on

Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    edited August 2008
    Alright, I'm pretty much finalized on the rules and need to finish writing a few things down, so I should be able to start sign ups either tonight or tomorrow. I would like to have someone do a look over them before I really get rolling though.

It is a 50 person phalla in a generic fantasy setting.

Savant on
    edited August 2008
    I'm willing to help out.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited August 2008
    Alright, I'll send you the tentative rules out tonight after I get home. They are roughly inspired by the Ad Astra ruleset, but vary in some important ways.

Savant on
  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Savant wrote: »
    Alright, I'll send you the tentative rules out tonight after I get home. They are roughly inspired by the Ad Astra ruleset, but vary in some important ways.

Most important being the 'Satan automatically wins' mechanic

Satan. on
    edited August 2008
    Alright, sent cj the rules. I'll try to get sign-ups in the morning and start the game after it fills up.

Savant on
  • narvinyenarvinye Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Is this gonna happen? I'm only being persistent in the hopes I can get my game off the ground before I transfer sometime in the Spring...

If you're not ready, can you move aside a couple weeks and let the next GM that is ready to start his/her game?

Again, I am not wanting to be rude, or pushy, I'm just wanting to play :P

narvinye on
    edited August 2008
    So pushy! I'm trying to come up with an OP that doesn't suck right now. I could just push out something minimal if you want though.

Savant on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So pushy! I'm trying to come up with an OP that doesn't suck right now. I could just push out something minimal if you want though.
    at least get the signups going.

Aldo on
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    at least get the signups going.

Agreed, so I can go to lunch!

JPants on
    edited August 2008
    Sign-ups here. I'll expand on the roles and factions in a bit and link them to the OP

Savant on
    edited August 2008
    I'm looking for a co-host for a Dark Knight / Nolanverse phalla. 40-50 players, negotiable. I need someone who is extremely good at mechanics, balancing the game and the lot. I can handle narration.

Satan. on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'd like to try my hand at mechanics, but am not particularly interested in the narration/actual management of the game. No promises that I'm awesome at them, but I'm pretty good with non-Phalla game mechanics. Or people I know are humoring me and wasting hours of their time. One of the two.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    edited August 2008
    Well, we share something awesome

So put enlightenedbum and I down for a Dark Knight phalla, 40-50 people.

Satan. on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, when I win the CF Phalla, I am unlikely to still be Shatner and likely to switch to either RichRod, Barwis, or just the block M. So you'll hate me. :P

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    edited August 2008
    Not the block M.

Please not the block M

Satan. on
    edited August 2008
    Nolanverse?

Does that include Memento? Niiice.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited August 2008
    Nolanverse?

No, Nolanverse as in the Batman universe as interpreted by Nolan. Man, a Memento phalla would kick ass though.

Satan. on
    edited August 2008
    Satan. wrote: »
    Nolanverse?

No, Nolanverse as in the Batman universe as interpreted by Nolan. Man, a Memento phalla would kick ass though.
    I dunno...

Opening narration: "And so the village grabbed LaOs, the last vampire, and sent him back to hell to join his two acolytes JPants and B:L. The end." Alright, start playing now.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited August 2008
    Actually, that works perfectly on a segregated game, where the reverse team starts with the evil faction winning, the forward team starting with nothing, and the pivotal battle royale occurring on the last day that changes the timeline. x_x

tuxkamen on

edited August 2008
    Satan. wrote: »
    Nolanverse?

I dunno...

Opening narration: "And so the village grabbed LaOs, the last vampire, and sent him back to hell to join his two acolytes JPants and B:L. The end." Alright, start playing now.

I knew my time was up when JPants bit it...

LaOs on
    edited August 2008
    My game's done btw.

Savant on
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So.... who's up?

Also, !sign-up for me to host "Homicide." I am hammering out mechanics for whenever my name comes up.

MrMonroe on
    edited August 2008
    Oh, is the Cult thing over? Cool. Next game to start September 3rd, and to be hosted by tuxkamen . We can also have stormwind's mini-phalla in the meantime.

Richy on
    sig.gif