As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wii not loading some games

3vil0n33vil0n3 Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
For the most part our wii has run great since day 1. In the past few months it doesn't want to run some games. The first one was guitar hero III. Ended up sending the disk back for the mono sound problem anyway and now it works fine. But now we got Cranium Kabookii and it won't run.

The machine can read the disc, at least it knows what disc it is and displays the splash screen and such. When you go to run it it looks like it's going to go and then does the gray boxes across the screen and just goes back to the main menu.

Is this a bad disc or my wii dying?

Animal Crossing. edward from raccoon
Friend Code: 3178-9186-1924
3vil0n3 on

• Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    is your disc scratched at all?

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    3vil0n3 wrote: »
    For the most part our wii has run great since day 1. In the past few months it doesn't want to run some games. The first one was guitar hero III. Ended up sending the disk back for the mono sound problem anyway and now it works fine. But now we got Cranium Kabookii and it won't run.

The machine can read the disc, at least it knows what disc it is and displays the splash screen and such. When you go to run it it looks like it's going to go and then does the gray boxes across the screen and just goes back to the main menu.

Is this a bad disc or my wii dying?

This happened to me too .... fortunately, it was barely under warranty (I think I had maybe 2 more weeks) so nintendo replaced the insides for free.

I tried a CD cleaner and it didn't work.

Hope it all works out for you

Xaquin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    the cheat wrote: »
    It doesn't look like it, there is one small funny mark on it but otherwise it looks okay. I did get it from the tards at gamestop so it was new but opened.

3vil0n3 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Xaquin wrote: »
    This happened to me too .... fortunately, it was barely under warranty (I think I had maybe 2 more weeks) so nintendo replaced the insides for free.

Hmmmm, we got this like 2 or 3 weeks after launch. How long is the warranty?

3vil0n3 on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Xaquin wrote: »

Hmmmm, we got this like 2 or 3 weeks after launch. How long is the warranty?

1 year I believe =(

I got mine on launch and one day it wouldn't play Zelda .... sent it in and got it fixed up.

Nintendo will still repair it out of warranty, only you'll have to pay.

I have no idea how much it would cost.

They're very good with their service and you can talk on the phone with someone easily. Just call them and explain and they may have a fix without sending it in. If not, they'll tell you your options.

This may help

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/repair_charts_wii.jsp

also.

Nintendo of America Consumer Service Department - 1-800-255-3700

Xaquin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Thanks. I'll give them a call and see what they tell me.

3vil0n3 on
  • Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Do you leave WiiConnect24 on?

We did this for awhile... eventually our Wii started acting intermittently weird, not loading up some games sometimes, freezing in the middle of games, etc. Turns out it was overheating because the cooling fan shuts off when it's in WiiConnect24/Standby mode, even though it's still running some things. Since we've turned off WiiConnect24 we've never had those problems again.

Daenris on
  • Options
    stawkstawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    the cheat wrote: »
    I did get it from the tards at gamestop so it was new but opened.

would help you but now you can go to hell.

stawk on

stawk.jpg