As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Parking deetz plz

GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in PAX Archive
As we all (hopefully) know, parking in downtown Seattle is raep. I know that the WCSTC pretty much has the cheapest parking around, however, details are rather sparse.

Do you get in and out privleges?

It closes at night, but will your car still be there in the morning?

If you know the answers to these questions or can recommend other spots to park, plz poast. <3

GeeCee on

• Options
    mellowshipslinkymellowshipslinky Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I would be interested to know the answers to these questions as well. Although, I think I'm probably going to end up taking the bus, and making sure I don't stay so late as to not have a bus back home.

mellowshipslinky on
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    GeeCee wrote: »
    As we all (hopefully) know, parking in downtown Seattle is raep. I know that the WCSTC pretty much has the cheapest parking around, however, details are rather sparse.

Do you get in and out privleges?

It closes at night, but will your car still be there in the morning?

If you know the answers to these questions or can recommend other spots to park, plz poast. <3

I know there are billions of spots, and that any con I've ever gone to there has had ample parking. So at least don't worry about room.

Don't know the answers to the other. Last time I parked across the street. I never moved my car, and it cost me $60 for the entire 3 days. My car was safe, and I had an elevator to the building right across the street. I'll likely park there again.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You dont get in and out privlidges

Yes your car will be there in the morning. Ive parked there for a whole weekend many times.

Parking cost for me from thursday to monday was usually around $70

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    BigRed wrote: »

lame :( is there anywhere nearby that does (at reasonable cost)?

GeeCee on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

My friend's house.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I know that the WCSTC pretty much has the cheapest parking around

Uhm, wut? Any local knows that honor goes to the Pacific Place garage when it comes to parking in the Financial/Hotel core.

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Astayonix wrote: »

Uhm, wut? Any local knows that honor goes to the Pacific Place garage when it comes to parking in the Financial/Hotel core.

Im sure he means within a few blocks of pax.

That $35 a day parking at the hotels probably does :P otherwise if you park, plan on staying unless you enjoy rape.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    WSCTC has a descent price, though there are other garages nearby that I've heard are cheaper, even free (can't confirm). I'm just keeping my truck parked at my hotel (Red Lion, $30 a night) all weekend. It's not cheap, but I fucking hate driving in Seattle, and it's just convenient for us.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    R4z0rR4z0r Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I suggest finding some off street and doing a little walking, very little. It's very quick and easy to get around Seattle by foot.

Sunday parking is free and alot more of it opens up.

R4z0r on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Astayonix wrote: »

Im sure he means within a few blocks of pax.

I'm fat, and I've walked from there a dozen times.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    TherosTheros Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    As for the hotels, I seem to remember that the Sheraton would charge an additional fee for every entry/exit event during your stay on top of their $30 a day parking.... 's why we just left the car in there the entire time last year. Dunno about the Hyatt, but we'll just leave it with them again for the entire trip. Walking is good, transit in that area of downtown is _FREE_, and the SLUT is apparently cheap.

Theros on
This discussion has been closed.