As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Disappearing DLC post-360 Repairs?

IrohIroh Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey all,

I had a slight red-ring issue with my 360 (not the infamous three light version) after a lightning storm, so they sent me back another unit altogether.

After reconnecting my hard drive and redownloading all my DLC with the instructions they shipped with the new console, I started to have trouble the second time I tried to play it. In Guitar Hero 3, the DLC just doesn't show up most of the time, requiring another download to fix. In Rock Band, the downloaded songs sometimes just stick me at the loading screen as though it can't find them.

I haven't tried it with any other games yet, but if someone has ideas on how to fix it, please share. I'm at my wits end trying to figure this one out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Iroh on

• Options
    GdiguyGdiguy San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Do you have any XBLA games? If you're not logged into xbox live, can you still play the non-trial versions? (If no, it's a decent guess that this is related to the drm not being transferred, so you should either call support or use that drm transfer tool and see if that fixes it)

Gdiguy on
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Iroh wrote: »
    Hey all,

I had a slight red-ring issue with my 360 (not the infamous three light version) after a lightning storm, so they sent me back another unit altogether.

After reconnecting my hard drive and redownloading all my DLC with the instructions they shipped with the new console, I started to have trouble the second time I tried to play it. In Guitar Hero 3, the DLC just doesn't show up most of the time, requiring another download to fix. In Rock Band, the downloaded songs sometimes just stick me at the loading screen as though it can't find them.

I haven't tried it with any other games yet, but if someone has ideas on how to fix it, please share. I'm at my wits end trying to figure this one out.

You have this issue with your Rock Band DLC playing online or offline?

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Iroh wrote: »
    Hey all,

You have this issue with your Rock Band DLC playing online or offline?
    I'm pretty sure it's always been offline. Immediately after a redownload it all and stay bridged through my notebook, life is good. After I unhook and come back later to play a song or two offline is when it happens.

What do I do if there is an issue with the DRM transfer?

Edit: Just unplugged from the bridge and tried to play Ikaruga. It only offers the trial version.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GdiguyGdiguy San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I guess there's one more question - you said redownloading the DLC fixes it, do you mean fixes it permanently? or fixes it temporarily until the next time you turn the 360 on?

If it's the former, you just need to redownload everything (yeah, crappy) and you'll be fine

If it's the latter, it's the DRM migration issue (basically, support was supposed to migrate your license information to the new 360 serial # but didn't); you have two choices:
    1) http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

pro: I think it's faster than waiting for support
    con: can only use it once per year, so if you get a new hard drive this year you'll be out of luck

2) Call support, tell them your problem, go through a couple hoops (they'll probably tell you to try redownloading things), and eventually they'll bump it up to higher tier support and migrate the licenses to your new serial # for you

pro: won't eat up your 1 per year migration
    con: can take up to a month for them to get around to migrating them

Gdiguy on