As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lynx, anyone?

Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in PAX Archive
So I was digging through some old attic boxes and discovered a good ol' fashioned blast-from-Atari's-past, the Atari Lynx:

Atari-lynx.jpg

Seeing as my DS is currently residing in Santa Barbara, and PAX is a gaming convention, I figured I might bring this bad boy along for the ride, see how many people recognize it :P

Only problem is, I've only one game for it (Rampart). As much fun as it is, variety is the spice of life, so if by a longshot anyone has any other Lynx games gathering dust (or maybe even another Lynx+cord with which to challenge me?:winky:), feel free to bring 'em along so we can party like it's 1989 8-)

See y'all tomorrow!

Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
PSN: Quintonious
Kwisatz Haderach on

• Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You might be able to get some Lynx games from Pink Godzilla. They probably won't drag lynx games to their booth, but they have more obscure crap at their store, which is like 10 minutes from the convention center.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hey, good call, didn't even consider that - thanks!

D'ya know what time they open, by chance?

Kwisatz Haderach on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hooray for the Internetz - except they also say no lynx at Pink Godzilla...well, worth checking in person anyway.

Kwisatz Haderach on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hooray for the Internetz - except they also say no lynx at Pink Godzilla...well, worth checking in person anyway.

Doh! Well you can ask. I doubt they would turn somebody down if they tried to trade some Lynx games in.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    geeeeoffffgeeeeoffff Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    oh. my. god.

how do you press the bottom two buttons? seems really inconvenient

geeeeoffff on
    GD on paforums
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    it was the 80s. It was all about looking "rad"

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    geeeeoffff wrote: »
    oh. my. god.

*Warning, Historical Content!*

The Lynx was actually designed to be ambidexterous - you could play this sucker equally as good if you were left-handed as if you were right! The two bottom buttons were for left-handed players - when flipped around, they are on top, easily accessible.

(And, of course, it was designed to look rad - 'specially with those separate on-off switches 8-))

Kwisatz, out!

Kwisatz Haderach on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    oh. my. god.

The Lynx was actually designed to be ambidexterous - you could play this sucker equally as good if you were left-handed as if you were right! The two bottom buttons were for left-handed players - when flipped around, they are on top, easily accessible.

(And, of course, it was designed to look rad - 'specially with those separate on-off switches 8-))

Kwisatz, out!

You should have warned us about historical cont... oh nevermind. I HATE HISTORY!

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    oh. my. god.

Kwisatz, out!

You should have warned us about historical cont... oh nevermind. I HATE HISTORY!

But I DID warn you about...ah fergheddaboudit, let's just enjoy PAX! :lol:

Kwisatz Haderach on
This discussion has been closed.