As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[IC] - Dark Heresy : Optimus Usurpo

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ((Sorry I wasn't keeping track of the time what with the three-day weekend coming up - if we can get a few actions in, hopefully we can get your supplies all rounded up tonight.))

DarkPrimus on
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ((My last move still stands. I suppose you're still waiting for Lawninator))

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ((I don't need anything, I can freaking float))

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Viswanat departs the bar, his stride stiff with his wound. Turning to his companions, he says, "I unfortunately do not have the thrones most likely required by this chiurgeon; could one of you spare the coin? I also suggest we pair up in case those gangers decide they want restitution. Where are we to meet this preacher?"

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
    edited September 2008
    [Redacted]

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2008
    ((I thought I dragged him into the bar.))

TheLawinator on
    edited September 2008
    ((Oh! Sorry.))

The ganger that Paba is holding on to starts to come around.

DarkPrimus on
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    delroland wrote: »
    Viswanat departs the bar, his stride stiff with his wound. Turning to his companions, he says, "I unfortunately do not have the thrones most likely required by this chiurgeon; could one of you spare the coin? I also suggest we pair up in case those gangers decide they want restitution. Where are we to meet this preacher?"

Boaz hands Viswanat a stack of 20 thrones. "Use what you need for now and the rest for later."

He snaps a quick point towards the noisy Break Room. "Behind that hall, within two hours from now is when we will be there. With the Emperor's blessing we should get actual information from him."

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
    edited September 2008
    Viswanat nods in acknowledgement, then he and Parthus depart, following the bartender's directions. Easily finding the building with the green light, the two approach the entrance.

delroland on
    edited September 2008
    The ganger has regained consciousness and has figured out his current situation. "Oh shit," he squeaks. "Please, lemme go. I won' give ya no more trouble!"

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2008
    Viswanat nods in acknowledgement, then he and Parthus depart, following the bartender's directions. Easily finding the building with the green light, the two approach the entrance.

As you approach, a slit in the door slides open, and a beady eye peers through. "Whatchoo wan'?" a deep voice rumbles.

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2008
    Viswanat steps into clear view. "I am in need of a chiurgeon."

delroland on
    edited September 2008
    Paba shakes about his prisoner for a good few moments. "Mebbe I let ya go aftah ya tell meh who ye be with and why ye try to stab me boyo. Mebbe I even gif you a treat!", he says with a smile showing his crooked and slightly sharpened teeth.

TheLawinator on
    edited September 2008
    Viswanat steps into clear view. "I am in need of a chiurgeon."

The eye looks you up and down, and you hear a strange sound, almost like someone snorting - but much louder and longer than you would think humanly possible.

"Came fr'm Scribe?" the deep voice says. "Yeh, you fine then." You hear the sound of bolts and locks being drawn back, and the door swings open for you.

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2008
    Paba shakes about his prisoner for a good few moments. "Mebbe I let ya go aftah ya tell meh who ye be with and why ye try to stab me boyo. Mebbe I even gif you a treat!", he says with a smile showing his crooked and slightly sharpened teeth.

"Oh sweet God-Emp'rer," the ganger whimpers.

"I's - I's just a new runner wif th' 'Lectric Path! We's been at war wif Jerricus an' his boys fer months now, an' your friends come in and talk up th' guy what was friendly wif him and double-crossed us!"

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2008
    "By the Omnissaiah!" Viswanat stares up at the massive Ogryn before him, mouth agape. "You-- you're a large one! Uh... you... wouldn't be the chiurgeon... would you?"

delroland on
    edited September 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

"Oh sweet God-Emp'rer," the ganger whimpers.

"I's - I's just a new runner wif th' 'Lectric Path! We's been at war wif Jerricus an' his boys fer months now, an' your friends come in and talk up th' guy what was friendly wif him and double-crossed us!"

"Nahlright, off ye git now," Paba remarks as he shoves the ganger out the door.

TheLawinator on
    edited September 2008
    The ganger flees, tripping over his own feet once or twice in his over-zealousness to move his legs as fast as he possibly can.

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2008
    "By the Omnissaiah!" Viswanat stares up at the massive Ogryn before him, mouth agape. "You-- you're a large one! Uh... you... wouldn't be the chiurgeon... would you?"

The Ogryn folds his face up in what you guess is a smile, and he lets out a rumbling chuckle. "Huh huh huh! I jus' make sure th' doc dun need a doc." He winks, obviously pleased with his play on words.

There is a hiss of static and you hear the distinctive metallic rasp of a vocoder box behind you. "I'm the one who'll mend your bones and stitch your wounds, stranger," the voice says. You turn and see a small, wizened old man with a pair of biotic eyes and a vocoder box in his throat. "It's best if we keep our names to ourselves, yes?" he says. "Just tell me what needs fixing and I'll see what I can do."

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2008
    Viswanat removes his robe and flak coat, the dark red gash in his side clearly visible. "I was stabbed here, and while the pain is not insignificant, I do not believe it to be serious. Still, 'Tend diligently to even the smallest maintenance, lest the Machine Spirit punish with greater malfunction.'"

delroland on
    edited September 2008
    The old chiurgeon regards you for a moment, his biotic eyes unable to betray whatever emotions he was feeling. Then he beckons you with his left hand. "Yes, it missed anything vital. Come, I'll have it shut for you in no time. Your friend," he indicates to Parthus. "Will have to wait here with Silly."

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2008
    "Do not worry, Parthus; I am sure this will not take long." Viswanat hangs up his robe and coat and follows the elder's lead.

delroland on
    edited September 2008
    The chirugeon motions for Viswanat to sit in one of three medicae patient chairs in the room, the one closest to the door you just came through. He shuts the door and recites a litany of sterilization before cleaning the wound in your side and stitching it together.

"The wound was more painful than it was deadly," he says while winding some gauze around your chest to protect the stitches. "It should heal within a few days, God-Emperor willing." He ties off the gauze and recites a prayer of recovery, making the sign of the aquila over your body.

"Twenty-five thrones is my fee, young sir."

((You have recovered 1 Wound, bringing you up to 9.))

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2008
    "You have my thanks, as well as your thrones." Viswanat hands over the chiurgeon's fee before redonning his clothes and armor. Gesturing to Parthus, the two make their way towards the exit.

delroland on
    edited September 2008
    "If you should have the misfortune of becoming injured again, please feel free to call upon us," the chiurgeon says as you leave.

"Unness yoo fightin' wid de Arbites," adds Silly.

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2008
    Viswanat and Parthus leave the clandestine chiurgeon and go to meet Boaz and Paba near The Break Room.

Paba and Boaz found a willing seller of some heavy-duty rope suitable for use on their journey through the ruined part of the hive, as well as purchasing some fasteners and a couple cheap hammers to help them keep the rope in place. They also managed to procure four sets of work gloves to protect their hands from rope burn.

Cain should be meeting you all behind the bar any time now.

((You now have enough rope to last you through your journey into the collapsed area of the hive as well as the aforementioned supplies - as far as cutting the rope, your bladed weapons should more than suffice. Deduct 40 thrones for expenses. Let me know if you also want to have procured a lascutter or grapnel - those would cost 60 and 30 thrones, respectively.))

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2008
    ((I'll pick up the lascutter and grapnel if Viswanat suggests it to Boaz when they meet up))

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
    edited September 2008
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    ((I'll pick up the lascutter and grapnel if Viswanat suggests it to Boaz when they meet up))

((Either you got them already or you don't get them - they would have taken most of the time you had to find.))

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2008
    I suppose Boaz did not pick them up, then. Perhaps we could get them after the meeting if he wants them.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
    edited September 2008
    Boaz's chronometer signals that two hours had passed, and shortly after you can see Cain shuffle around the corner. He walks oddly, in small, quick steps that don't seem very efficient, but his loose robes obscure what sort of deformity or prosthetic might cause him to move that way.

He comes to a stop in front of Boaz, eying the gear he and Paba were carrying. "You decided to bring some rope along - good," he says. "You have a grapnel?"

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2008
    He snorts when Boaz looks at him blankly. "No grapnel? Fine, I suppose I can rent you one... Okay, down to business then. You want me to take you to the Librium - I don't know or care to know your reasons for wanting to go. Asking questions just gets me more involved. We just work together to get there and back, then we go our separate ways. Price is... 80 thrones. Plus 30 for the grapnel rental."

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2008
    "Any idea on wa' we might be facin' down there, Preacha?" Paba asks as he secures his gear.

TheLawinator on
    edited September 2008
    "Cain, was it? I don't suppose you can secure a lascutter as well? The way may be sealed at some point, and it may become necessary to breach a door or wall should we be unable to discover another route."

delroland on
    edited September 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    He snorts when Boaz looks at him blankly. "No grapnel? Fine, I suppose I can rent you one... Okay, down to business then. You want me to take you to the Librium - I don't know or care to know your reasons for wanting to go. Asking questions just gets me more involved. We just work together to get there and back, then we go our separate ways. Price is... 80 thrones. Plus 30 for the grapnel rental."

"And why not stay even less involved and thus chart a route to the Librum? I have reservations bringing you along," Boaz interjects.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
    edited September 2008
    "Cain, was it? I don't suppose you can secure a lascutter as well? The way may be sealed at some point, and it may become necessary to breach a door or wall should we be unable to discover another route."

"A lascutter? Hmm..." Cain thinks for a moment. "Well, I don't have one, but if you wish to purchase one, I might know someone. I suppose I can stop there before we descend."

"Any idea on wa' we might be facin' down there, Preacha?" Paba asks as he secures his gear.

"Heh, there's any number of beasts make their home in those ruins. Don't pay them any mind and they won't bother you, usually."

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2008
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    "And why not stay even less involved and thus chart a route to the Librum? I have reservations bringing you along," Boaz interjects.

"I'm wary about you, preacher, because of the timing of your request, and because you were not referred to me by my usual channels. Normally I would have little reservation about guiding people in the ruins, because they have been sent to me by those I trust.

As for making a map... such a thing would not be possible. It would be difficult enough to chart a route using landmarks easy enough to be recognized by outsiders, but the nature of the place means that sometimes a path you take one week may be gone another. And in any case, making maps is contrary to my vocation. Only tourists need a guide when maps are available."

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2008
    Cain scratches his chin. "If you want a lascutter, I will go procure it. We will me at the public lift in thirty minutes - you will pay me for everything then."

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2008
    "Fine. Then go and let us make ready for our journey."

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
    edited September 2008
    Cain shuffles away, down another alley and out of sight.

((I assume we'll just skip ahead to meeting him back at the lift, then?))

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2008
    At the lift, Cain seems to materialize in front of you, having approached unnoticed through the milling crowd.

"I've got a grapnel and lascutter," he says, leaning close so as to not be overheard. "On top of my fee, that comes out to 160 thrones. And you get to keep the lascutter, even."

A large bell sounds, signaling the arrival of the lift. People begin to file in, but it's obvious Cain won't be getting on board until he's been paid.

DarkPrimus on