Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

the hip hop thread

Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Social Entropy++
so right now i'm listening to atmosphere's latest album.

Atmospherelemonsa.jpg

it is pretty great. probably the best hip hop group to come out of minneapolis.

also been listening to some older stuff. talib kweli's album The Beautiful Struggle is quality.

609Talib_Kweli.jpg

and of course i've always got mos def in my playlist somewhere.

mos-def.jpg
hey look my old av.

when you mix those two, you get the combined might of black star.

MosDef&TalibKweliBlackStar.jpg

their debut, and to date only, album is arguably some of the best hip hop to come out in the last 20 years and probably continues to influence other artists to this day. i don't know i'm just assuming that part but whatever. talib swears up and down that there's going to be another black star album but we shall see.

other stand out MCs include Lupe Fiasco

Lupefiasco.jpg

his shit is pretty hot. it's especially impressive considering he broke into the mainstream in a big way in this day and age of Crank Dat tearing up the charts. his second album, The Cool, is great, but i'm a bigger fan of his first record. i love that old school hip hop flavor. i'm gay for samples, i guess. also he's a muslim or something.

Classified

Classified_%28rapper%29.jpg

he's from canada and is continuing the proud tradition of the white man stealing the black man's thunder. and jesus look at those eyebrows.

so what records you got spinnin. what do you like to pop yo colla and dust yo shoulda to? i'm always looking for new stuff. i usually end up liking the MCs that aren't signed to major labels (with the exception of mos def, talib and lupe, obviously). they're good because they haven't sold out yet, right?

Mister Longbaugh on
blackstav.jpg