As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CthulhuTech On - OOC] The Forgotten Fugue

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    yeah thats fine with me as well.

Egos on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, looks like everyone is on board. While at PAX, I'll probably spend some of my downtime writing up shizzle for this. I'll post a final schedule sometime over the weekend. Also, check your private messages. I sent you guys a little more information about character creation. :winky:

Premier kakos on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2008
    Hey all, haven't posted in this because I didn't know the thread existed until this morning.

I'd like to get in on this, if I can work the schedule around my family. Most weekdays are good, the later the better. (Bonus points if it's after the kiddies get to bed.) I'm PST, so I realize that starting at 9:00 my time is probably not reasonable.

I'm leaning towards the Occult Scholar, but I need to check out my options a bit more to be sure.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
    edited August 2008
    Any squishy character wanna convert to a Mech/Engel pilot to even out the groups a little bit? A 4/3 split would be nice. <3

Premier kakos on
    edited August 2008
    Playing a semi-sinister Vampire Tager for OiS is awfully tempting :twisted:

When we're you thinking of running each game?

Egos on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Man. OiS. One letter switch away from hilarity.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    edited August 2008
    OSI

Egos on
    edited August 2008
    Yes.

Fiaryn on
  • PowerslavePowerslave Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Inbetween the two Tagers, an occult scholar, and a psychic soldier, the normies are starting to sound more like an Eldritch Society force than an OIS one.

Powerslave on
    "Never trust anyone who spells 'magic' with a K."
    edited August 2008
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Yes.

Merely posted for the uninitiated - in case there were any 8-)
    I haven't been playing close attention to the Venture Bros thread to see if everyone is

Egos on
    edited August 2008
    Powerslave wrote: »
    Due to having any Tagers at all the normies are starting to sound more like an Eldritch Society force than an OIS one.

Fixed.

Fiaryn on
    edited August 2008
    I guess I could switch to the engels, but if they are doing it on Saturdays I don't know if thats something I can't do on a regular basis :I

Egos on
    edited September 2008
    Well, I'm back from Dong Con aka PAX.

Premier kakos on
    edited September 2008
    Okay. First off, Squishy Group is tentatively meeting at Thursday 6:00 PST/9:00 EST. Is this too early or too late for anyone? Please let me know. <3

Second, Engel Group, there are two of you and Saturday evenings look like they work well for both of you. Unfortunately, if we want to get the group up to three, we probably won't be able to do it on Saturday. ProfMoriarty, you said you can only do it Saturday. Any chance you can do it some other day? If so, let me know. If not, I'm fine with running a two person Engel group on Saturday evening at say 8:00 EST?

I wrote up an intro story while at PAX and I'll edit it tomorrow and then post it tomorrow. That will start the IC thread. Please engage in some free form PbP action. The thread is, ideally, for role playing involved with the more dramatic aspects of the game. These include character's personal objectives, intragroup dynamics, etc. The IRC sessions will focus on missions that the characters are engaged in.

Also, regarding the multitude of Tagers in OIS, in the section on the Eldritch Society, it mentions that they have formed back alley relationships with GIA. I assume that this is likely to extend to OIS as well, so that's the hook we're using. If it becomes an issue, I might change it, but that's what we're sticking with so far.

Premier kakos on
    edited September 2008
    So, I just realised that Saturdays are a no-go. My lady friend usually occupies my weekends as of late, so I can't do Saturdays or Sundays. :( Any ideas, gents?

Premier kakos on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I feel really flaky, but with the way my work is always changing, I just can't commit to anything else. I may have to bow out. :( Sorry.

Silas Brown on
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Unless you want to delay until 8:00 PST/11:00 EST, I can't do Thursdays(I could do up a squishy character fast enough.) Otherwise, I can do Mondays and Sundays.

Rainfall on
    edited September 2008
    So I've been thinking I might want to switch over to a mecha pilot, seeing as how my intelligence agent would be the only (relatively) normal guy in a team of space-mutants and mindbenders. And to even out the ratios a bit more.

Powerslave on
    edited September 2008
    Powerslave wrote: »
    So I've been thinking I might want to switch over to a mecha pilot, seeing as how my intelligence agent would be the only (relatively) normal guy in a team of space-mutants and mindbenders. And to even out the ratios a bit more.

Well, Jeffe is playing an Occult Investigator. If Rainfall switches, he may go with a squishy-type. OIS does need normal peeps.

Premier kakos on
    edited September 2008
    Engel group is gone. :( But now we have a six person squishy group. Pick whatever you want to play as long as it is human sized. Don't worry about the wealth of Tagers and such. Also, you can be a sorcerer. OIS sorcerers are bad ass because they get legal access to all sorts of cool texts. ;)

Now, as far as time, is everyone comfortable with 8:00 PST/11:00 EST? I know it's fairly late, but I can stay up if you guys are willing to do so. Unfortunately, with everyone's schedule, it seems that Thursday is really the best night.

Premier kakos on
    edited September 2008
    Since no one has responded, I'm going to push the game back a week. Please let me know if the proposed time works for you guys. Thanks.

Premier kakos on
    edited September 2008
    I can make Thursday at that time, but I'd prefer not to if we can work something else out. 11PM EST is later than I'd like.

Also, a pox on you for dropping Engels.

Powerslave on
    edited September 2008
    I'll try and get a character or two (if we dont want a tager) to you soon, Premier. This week has been rather rough- school started up and had to work out my schedule.

Egos on
    edited September 2008
    Figuring out the stats, but have a name for you

"Arrick Venroe"
    this is sort of a bump

Egos on
    edited September 2008
    Just out of curiosity, would you be cool with a White Xenomix, Kakos?

Because otherwise I was just thinking of a Tager or a normal human, but a White Arcane Investigator could be fun times.

EDIT: So I made a white xenomix character just for kicks. Here you are!
    Name: Nevy
    Race: White Xenomix
    Profession: Federal Agent Allegiance: OIS
    Defining Virtue: Peaceful | Defining Flaw: Insecure

Actions: 1
    Movement: 9mph (22/5ypt)
    Reflex: 6
    Orgone: 14/14
    Vitality: 11
    Drama Points: 10

Agility 6/Adept
    Intellect 7/Adept
    Perception 7 /Adept
    Presence 4/Novice
    Strength 4/Novice
    Tenacity 8/Expert

Language: Novice (Nazzadi, English)
    Literacy: Adept
    Regional Knowledge: Novice
    Computer: Adept
    Criminal: Novice
    Law Enforcement: Novice
    Observation: Adept
    Occult: Novice
    Research: Novice
    Security: Novice
    Stealth: Novice
    Surveillance: Novice
    Dodge: Novice
    Marksman: Adept

White
    Authority/3
    Nightvision
    Duty: OIS/2
    Shadow Walker
    Chronic Pain
    Alluring/1
    Misfit/4
    Watched/3

Para-Psychic Abilities 1-Sensory 2-Environmental 3-Somatic
    ESP: Student | Psychometry: Student
    Cheats:
    Erupt Psychometry – 2
    6 Skill Points – 3
    Increase Orgone by 2 – 1

Background: Nevy may not be the best field agent in the OIS, but she has a talent for finding the clues on the crime scene. Quiet and unassuming, she does the job she's told and rarely goes above and beyond, which has left her in a low-ranked position throughout her career, even ignoring the fact that she is one of the rare White Xenomixes. Her peculiar genetics do make her an unexpected agent of the OIS, though, and her Parapsychic abilities have been key in cracking a few cases.

Appearance: Nevy, like all White Xenomixes, is white from head to toe. Small and slight, she keeps her hair cut shoulder-length, and tries to blend into the background, although her unique genes make that almost impossible. Still, she has that allure that all Xenomixes share, and when she smiles she can become truly beautiful, but those smiles are rare. Long white scars across her back testify to a childhood of abuse, and when nervous she rubs her fingertips along them.
    Nevy tends to dress in all-white clothing, in the usual Nazzadi styles, although she lacks any form of Nazzadi tattoos.

Rainfall on
    edited September 2008
    Hmmm. So, I am reluctant to allow a white xenomix because of the timing. The game will take place in 2085, so the oldest white xenomix character can be is 18. However, they are unusual and do have some peculiar gifts which would make them desirable to an organisation like OIS. So... I guess my answer is "let me think about it." I'll get back to you sometime tomorrow. However, in the mean time, throwing up a alternative character might be wise.

Premier kakos on
    edited September 2008
    So, it is Thursday (or close enough) morning and I am going to say that the game is going to happen at 8:00 PST/11:00 EST. What we do will depend largely on how many people show up and what people show up with. If everyone shows up with a character, we'll start playing. If not, we might spend this first session discussing characters, the group dynamics, the setup, etc. So, be there or be square.

The location will be IRC @ irc.slashnet.org, #cthulhutech

Premier kakos on
    edited September 2008
    Alrighty, I'll try to get an alternate character done up for you post-haste then. I probably won't be actively-online too much, due to work, so throw me a few PMs/e-mails and we can hash things out.

Rainfall on
    edited September 2008
    I'll be there premier.

Egos on
    edited September 2008
    Hey look, an alternate character! Undercover OIS investigator with a traitor dad!
    Name: Claire Mosschild
    Race: Human
    Profession: Federal Agent Allegiance: OIS
    Defining Virtue: Optimist | Defining Flaw: Liar

Actions: 1 action
    Movement: 9 mph (22/5 ypt)
    Reflex: 6
    Orgone: 11
    Vitality: 10
    Drama Points: 10

Agility 6/Adept
    Intellect 7/Adept
    Perception 7/Adept
    Presence 6/Adept
    Strength 4/Novice
    Tenacity 6/Adept

Language: Expert (Human)
    Literacy: Novice
    Regional Knowledge: Novice
    Athletics: Student
    Communications: Student
    Computers: Adept
    Criminal: Novice
    Demolitions: Student
    Intimidate: Student
    Medicine: Student
    Misdirect: Adept
    Observation: Novice
    Occult: Adept
    Persuade: Novice
    Security: Adept
    Seduction: Novice
    Streetwise: Adept
    Stealth: Novice
    Surveillance: Novice
    Dodge: Student
    Fighting: Student
    Marksman: Novice

Authority/3
    Alluring/2
    Ally/1: A fence in the Occult Underground
    Contacts/1: 2 members of the OU who can have information at times
    Disgraced: Father betrayed a base to the Rapine Storm in southern China
    Duty/2
    Shadow Walker

Gear
    UT-9 “Stinger”
    10mm | 15/35/55 | Dam +1 | SHT 3 | 18N
    Sentrytech Mk-IV Armor
    Surveillance Gear(left at HQ most of the time)
    Portable Computer (tricked-out PDA)

Cheats: 12 skill points - 6

Appearance: Several occult symbols of warding are tattooed along her neck, her naturally red hair is streaked with darker read, making it look like she just stood in a spray of blood for a few seconds. Claire's eyes are an entrancing hazel, and she dresses to maximize the advantage her nigh-perfect figure gives her, while still managing to hide most of her lightly-tanned skin.

Background: Claire works as an undercover investigator for the OIS, after having gotten caught at the early age of 16 trying to facilitate an illegal trade between two big players in the market. Most of her old pals still don't know that she's gone to the side of the law, and she uses that to her advantage, although it's put her in a few tight spots when she needs to choose between her cover or her duty to the NEG. Still, like most people in the OIS, she has a vague idea of what the stakes are in this war, and she doesn't want to let the world down... unlike her father, whose reputation is a constant black mark on her record.

Rainfall on
    edited September 2008
    Are you guys online now? I can get there soon. I'm really sorry something IRL went on longer than expected.

edit: Oh wait. PST.. i was thinking it was est

Egos on
    edited September 2008
    Schools been busy (sadly character wise.) Figured out his call sign or whatever the Tagers use. "Hover" . I was tempted to go a darker route, but the idea of someone being called Agent Hover at some point sounded cool to me...maybe its just me.

Just ooc, hows your dude coming along PowerSlave?

edit: Sidenote, I did do most of my required readings.

Egos on
    edited September 2008
    There'll be a quiz on the readings tomorrow. Study up! No, I kid.

So, once again, the game day is moving to Sunday evenings. I think we decided on 8:30 EST. Does that sound about right to everyone?

Premier kakos on
    edited September 2008
    yeah that time is dandy with me :)

Egos on
    edited September 2008
    btw I should have my character up tonight. Think there will be one core background, but I might come up with a variation of skills and we can see what best fits the group (I'm not sure where Powerslave is going with his : power armor? )

Egos on
    edited September 2008
    ok character history, I played a little loose with the presumption that there were prototypes going on for a while in the Engel project. Hope it works. Theres a bit more I've been toying with, but I'll add that later.
    Arrik "Hover" Venroe
    Race: Human
    Profession: Vampire Tager
    Association :The Eldritch Society
    Alias: Patrick York
    Alias: Corbin Zar

Agility-8\12
    Perception-7/10
    Strength-7/9
    Tenacity-10/13
    Presence- 5
    Intelligence- 5

Skills-
    Fighting(Tager Specialization)- 3/Adept
    Marksman- 2/Novice
    Dodge-3/Adept
    Occult-2/Novice
    Pilot- Student (Mecha)
    Athletics- 3 /Adept
    Observation- 3/Adept (Sight specialization)
    History- 2/Novice
    Criminal- Student

assets fast(2)high pain threshold(3) tager(4)exceptiomal tager(2)
    drawbacks duty(3)fanatical(3)rival{2}damaged(2)
    cheats- +1 to str, +1 to perception

There are certain things that can bring a man to the point where no one single life no longer matters anymore, for Willem Venroe that came with the eradication of his family- with the exception of his son. Who now instead of being an innocent boy would be seen as Willem's chance at vengeance- a avatar of retribution against the Migou.

Already a scientist within the Ashcroft Foundation, the death of his family drove him to new heights within the scientific community and eventually would lead him to come into contact with a promising scientist by the name of Anton Miyakame. While Miyakame was still a relative unknown , Venroe saw great potential in the group he was now a part of and devoted his heart and soul to the development of the Engel project. To the point of even using his own son for testing of early synthesis interface models.

When it became clear that these early test pilots were not compatible and could never be of use to the foundation or the NEG. William essentially disowned his son; the disappointment that his son would no longer be part of the revolution of the Engels was something William could not handle.

With little formal training or education outside of his father's private tudoring and tudors , Arrik had very little skills he could put to use in the real world. The NEG army seemed like his only option .....

But he is intercepted by an agent of the Eldritch Society who also serves as an NEG officer and looks through Arrik's odd history seeing *potential*. He offers him "special" training still under the pretense that he is within the NEG army. After months of training, the group of young men were sent into the field
    only Arrik came back.

The officer seemed disgruntled , not at Arrik, but at the situation . But an odd smile came across his face, well at least we have one candidate..."Perhaps its time I show you something"

Within months, Arrik had been made aware to the situation of the Eldritch Society and their shadow war. And with the vouch of his recruitment officer under his words "Whereas you may not have been meant for the Engels, perhaps you were meant for something higher." - he soon underwent the Rite of Sacred Union.

And he came out with the vampire symbiote now apart of him.

Egos on
    edited September 2008
    I'll finish up my character with skills and such tonight. Are we still on for tomorrow?

Egos on
    edited September 2008
    I certainly hope we are!

Rainfall on
    edited September 2008
    Indeed we are. See you guys at 8:30. :)

Premier kakos on
    edited September 2008
    Hey, Powerslave, where's your character sheet? :-P