As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Swag Hags post your phat lewts here

LigerLiger Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
It's always fun to see what everyone walks away with, and maybe trade if you're missing something or have duplicates. So what did you guys stuff your bags with on the way out the door?

My camera's dead, but here's a brief list of what I'm looking at on my floor:
5 t-shirts
RSPD collector's edition
WOW trial
Magic starter set
imperial assload of buttons
bag of aussie food
PAX 07 DVD set
assortment of stickers, dog tags and rub on tattoos (I'm a sucker for this stuff)
a nifty bag to keep it all in
oodles of memories (D'AWWW)

5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
Liger on

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Admittedly, I tried intentionally to keep swag to a minimum due to the move that's coming up soon (and the need to store cookie-related stuff in the box =) )... but I did indulge one secret desire.

When I heard that Turbine had Asheron's Call T-Shirts, I raced over there and grabbed one. I didn't care that all they had left was one that was two sizes too small for me. In the world of MMO's, there's always been a special place in my heart for Asheron's Call. =)

Oh, and the buttons, and memories of course. ;) (woot! =) )

Speaking of memories, it was good running into you Liger! =) Yea! =)=)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hmmm I got...

3 shirts (one swag, one my omeganaut one and the other my enforcer shirt)
    A cool coin thingy and dog tags from Tabula Rasa
    An adorable plushie I gave to my kids
    Several posters
    Aion bracelet
    Guild Wars pins
    Guild Wars signed art book and print
    A bunch of paper ads I threw away

And forum buttons from all my friends, but I dunno if thats "swag" persay

I had a great haul!

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • The_SavesThe_Saves Magistrate of Crazy Town KirklandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wanna know what would make that swag stick around for years to come?

Liger wrote: »
    WOW trial

Yeah, if you get into that you might never need more swag.

The_Saves on
    Ummm...
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    THREAD NEEDS MOAR PEEX
    dsc00817tm9.jpg
    dsc00820lw0.jpg

not included: standard entrance swag, Dungeon runners blinking chain

NES cartridges: Zelda, Blades of Steel, Super C, Mario 3. Each autographed by a member of RetroforceGO!
    Minibosses CD autographed
    One-ups CDs Autographed

its not much, but i pretty much went to go PAX for minibosses and retroforceGO! everything else was just gravy.

delphinus on
  • OctobotOctobot Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    first time PAX but me and my girlfriend had a ton of fun. Got a ton of loots too (to distribute to my non-pax attending friends(if you can truely call someone who didnt attend pax a friend)
    n671330524_4089249_5083.jpg

Octobot on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Jesus, Octobot.

Here's my epic lewts:

DSC00035.jpg
    DSC00037.jpg

Tyrael in-game:

ScreenShot_090108_162354.jpg

I also got a Dawn of War II poster signed (they made fun of me for telling them how to spell my name), a Fallout 3 poster, a Battlefield Heroes beta card, some shirt for some game that they were handing out on the last day, a WCTT/PAXtrain t-shirt, an awesome ninja Pikachu shirt that Brian Jo's entourage was handing out... and... I think that's it.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Big GuyBig Guy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm a swag whore....I walked away with nearly 40 t-shirts, many posters, hundreds of stickers, gtaiv statue of happiness statue, 8 naruto figures, halo 2 master chief action figure, a few hats, a bunch of pacman flashy bouncy balls, 9 packs of magic cards, a few handfuls of pacman chocolate coins, alienware notebook, alienware bag, skateboard deck, backpack, ping pong ball gun, a bully dodgeball, a graphics card fan, dozens of buttons, dozens more buttons from button trading, 4 fanny packs, 8 or so packs of battle forge cards, fallout 3 puppet, fallout 3 survival guide things, a bunch of flashy necklaces, a bunch of comic books, a half dozen or so mouse pads, a big stack of game demo discs and full games, plus more that I can't think of right now...

things I bought...PAX08 mouse, PAX08 shirt, PA hoody, Newest PA book... and signed Final Boss frontalot cd

I'm a whore...

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    FORTY T-SHIRTS????

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    More posters than I know what to do with. I'll take a proper inventory a little later.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Big GuyBig Guy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    proXimity wrote: »
    FORTY T-SHIRTS????

i think it was actually 37...but 10 of them were from Archon when the ladies were handing out as many as you wanted a couple hours before the doors closed. I'm giving those to all my friends who couldn't make it to PAX this year.

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
  • Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Haha, we didn't get any swag, I don't think. We bought a pac man beanie plush and a ghost beanie plush-- those are pretty cool. We should have bought the whole set. We're pretty minimalist people, though... nothing bugs us more than "stuff".

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • geeeeoffffgeeeeoffff Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    wow now i feel like a jerkoff with my 6 shirts, skateboad deck, ping pong gun and posters

at least i got a puppet

what do you guys do to get so much swag? i think next year i'll linger until the doors close sunday, but this year it just wasn't possible

geeeeoffff on
    GD on paforums
This discussion has been closed.